Wisdom

He was not joking, I can assure you. And contrary to your Thinking... words matter very much to the Father. Words are like containers, so whatever you say will come to pass, and opens the door for the enemy to harass you.

Oh, I appreciate your concern, but I'm very much the confident sort. I have a healthy respect for the enemy, don't get me wrong, but to tell you the truth he doesn't worry me in the least. In the power and authority of the Lord Jesus Christ that I walk in, he's the one who needs to be afraid.
Please also use the reply button so that people will receive an alert and know who your talking to.

Blessings

I do, and thank you very much again for all your help. It's nice to finally be active at your site. It's a little more quite here; a little more sedate and peaceful, and a better atmosphere to maybe make good, long lasting friends.

He was not joking, I can assure you. And contrary to your Thinking... words matter very much to the Father. Words are like containers, so whatever you say will come to pass, and opens the door for the enemy to harass you.

Please also use the reply button so that people will receive an alert and know who your talking to.

Blessings

So very true.

You can not take a word said in anger and put it back into your mouth. Once done...........done!

I would only add that I question the idea of......"whatever you say will come to pass".
That is usually based on Mark 11:23 where Jesus teaches about faith needed to move a mountain.
Personally I think that is a very misunderstood verse today. How many people need to move a mountain???? Even if you could move it, where would you put it????

I feel that what He is talking about is not the ability to move a mountain but the ability to be strengthened by the Holy Spirit in the inner man so that as a new creature in Christ we might make a difference in this world for Jesus. To me, that is more important than moving a mountain or speaking something into happening.

Quite frankly, I spoke many times that I wanted to be a professional baseball player. I spoke it and spoke and believed it and had faith in it but it did not happen.

Last edited:
Mountain is used as an obstacle
Anything that stands in your way.
Blessings

Of course that would be or at least should be obvious.

I believe the correct word here would be "hyperbole".

Jim, IMO, Jesus was making the promise on the recognized premise that our prayers must be in harmony with God's will. If we do that then God is always ready to answer the prayers of His obedient children and we can go to Him knowing that there is no situation or challenge that is impossible for Him.

Again I re-interate that just because we say we want something or pray for something we want does not mean we will get it if it is spoke of or prayed for outside of the will of God.

exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.
:eek:

I agree! That is what Hyperbole means.

There are some things that Christians should not ask and some things that God will not give. As a parent gives to a child from his or her wisdom what the child needs, so does God. Consequently, we may receive answers we do not want, find things we are not looking for, and have doors open we do not expect and visa a versa.

Personally I think that is a very misunderstood verse today. How many people need to move a mountain???? Even if you could move it, where would you put it????
I believe the correct word here would be "hyperbole".

Hmmm... Now without wanting to split hairs, I actually think our Lord could have been literal here. I mean, this was spoken directly on the heals of manifesting Himself on the Mount of transfiguration. And this was the same Man who calmed the seas and walked on water. He also cursed the fig tree prior to speaking these words elsewhere I believe, and the disciples witnessed it actually wither in a very short amount of time. So the teaching could have been quite literal when speaking of operating in the Power of God.

But as you said:
Jim, IMO, Jesus was making the promise on the recognized premise that our prayers must be in harmony with God's will

When will it ever be His will that a believer do this? Certainly greater works will we do in the end-times, greater works even than Elijah, who prayed for it not to rain and it did not rain on the earth (in Israel) for the space of three years. So it would appear our Lord was going to the extremes of what He can quite possibly do through his servants (including parting the Red Sea) if they give themselves to being vessels of His words and power.

And yes, the faith movement is filled with errors, most notably that one is free to claim whatever HE wants, as if he has some sort of blank check with God...

Though not all of them teach this I don't think.

Friendly Reminder

Rule 3.2c Any discussions about any individual, teacher, preacher, pastor, minister, evangelist, media personality, organization, etc., will be closely monitored. Any claims that a named person or organization teaches or supports false doctrine MUST be well documented. Unsubstantiated claims, rumors or hearsay will not be allowed. Any such posts or threads will be removed and a reminder, warning or ban issued as necessary.

Friendly Reminder

Rule 3.2c Any discussions about any individual, teacher, preacher, pastor, minister, evangelist, media personality, organization, etc., will be closely monitored. Any claims that a named person or organization teaches or supports false doctrine MUST be well documented. Unsubstantiated claims, rumors or hearsay will not be allowed. Any such posts or threads will be removed and a reminder, warning or ban issued as necessary.

Was I alright to mention the faith movement, or no? Maybe not. Although I don't know that I would be sinning were I to decry a particular denomination, provided I qualified my statements with the assertion that not ALL of that denomination conducted themselves this way.

Mountain can also be a people, Daniel 2:35.

Actually Abdicate, mountains more specifically represent kingdoms in the prophetic language of scripture. I suppose this could also have applied in Jesus' teaching, but I would take the literal first before considering it a reference to the toppling of kingdoms.

Mountain can also be a people, Daniel 2:35.
31 Your Majesty, what you saw standing in front of you was a huge and terrifying statue, shining brightly.
32 Its head was made of gold, its chest and arms were silver, and from its waist down to its knees, it was bronze.
33 From there to its ankles it was iron, and its feet were a mixture of iron and clay.
34 As you watched, a stone was cut from a mountain—but not by human hands. The stone struck the feet, completely shattering the iron and clay.
35 Then the iron, the clay, the bronze, the silver, and the gold were crushed and blown away without a trace, like husks of wheat at threshing time. But the stone became a tremendous mountain that covered the entire earth.
36 That was the dream, and now I'll tell you what it means.
37 Your Majesty, you are the greatest of kings, and God has highly honored you with power
38 over all humans, animals, and birds. You are the head of gold.
39 After you are gone, another kingdom will rule, but it won't be as strong. Then it will be followed by a kingdom of bronze that will rule the whole world.
40 Next, a kingdom of iron will come to power, crushing and shattering everything.
41-42 This fourth kingdom will be divided—it will be both strong and brittle, just as you saw that the feet and toes were a mixture of iron and clay.
43This kingdom will be the result of a marriage between kingdoms, but it will crumble, just as iron and clay don't stick together.
44-45 During the time of those kings, the God who rules from heaven will set up an eternal kingdom that will never fall. It will be like the stone that was cut from the mountain, but not by human hands—the stone that crushed the iron, bronze, clay, silver, and gold. Your Majesty, in your dream the great God has told you what is going to happen, and you can trust this interpretation.

Actually Abdicate, mountains more specifically represent kingdoms in the prophetic language of scripture. I suppose this could also have applied in Jesus' teaching, but I would take the literal first before considering it a reference to the toppling of kingdoms.
Well, Daniel says it'll fill the whole earth. I agree with you, but if you learn anything from scripture, is that it's alive and has multiple meanings, dualities, and wonderful gems. :)

Was I alright to mention the faith movement, or no? Maybe not. Although I don't know that I would be sinning were I to decry a particular denomination, provided I qualified my statements with the assertion that not ALL of that denomination conducted themselves this way.

Yes sir and you can pay your fine before you leave. :ROFLMAO:

It's just heading things off at the pass before any replies start.

It's much easier to head things off then having to deal with them.
:cool:

Well, Daniel says it'll fill the whole earth. I agree with you, but if you learn anything from scripture, is that it's alive and has multiple meanings, dualities, and wonderful gems. :)

I'm always open to that, and you are correct. I, however, have a gift for exacting interpretation in the most literal sense.
So watch out for your brother. You may have to keep him at bay sometimes. :p

Yes sir and you can pay your fine before you leave. :ROFLMAO:

You jumped the gun on that one. :LOL: How much are they here, anyway? :eek:
It's just heading things off at the pass before any replies start.

Ok, good. I'll get ready to duck.
It's much easier to head things off then having to deal with them.
:cool:

Wise guy, hey... feel free to rebuke me before I sin then, while you're at it. I could really use your help in that department. :D

Back