witness for jesus

Jesus was a Teacher, not a sermonizer. He simply taught the people. Many preachers could certainly learn that lesson.

That is so true. Was just listening to our Christian station tonight and was stirred by the speaker who was saying that here in North America we have lost the power and the Glory of the days when preachers were not afraid to preach about the Blood of Jesus. Too many preachers just want to be politically correct and tickle their congregation so that they will feel good.with special programs and I heard of one where they even have a cafe where you can eat. Lord have mercy. People it is time to wake up and smell the coffee. We need to get back to the basics of preaching the old time preaching.

Suffice to say, my church is alive and well and praise God the fire is there. Tongues and interpretations are being exercised, people are at the alter after every service crying out to God and our pastor is an annionted woman of God with a vision for the lost in our community.Some Sundays we don't even have preaching as the Holy Spirit takes over the service.

That is so true. Was just listening to our Christian station tonight and was stirred by the speaker who was saying that here in North America we have lost the power and the Glory of the days when preachers were not afraid to preach about the Blood of Jesus. Too many preachers just want to be politically correct and tickle their congregation so that they will feel good.with special programs and I heard of one where they even have a cafe where you can eat. Lord have mercy. People it is time to wake up and smell the coffee. We need to get back to the basics of preaching the old time preaching.

Suffice to say, my church is alive and well and praise God the fire is there. Tongues and interpretations are being exercised, people are at the alter after every service crying out to God and our pastor is an annionted woman of God with a vision for the lost in our community.Some Sundays we don't even have preaching as the Holy Spirit takes over the service.

Yes, the blood of Jesus, Christ and Him crucified is a silent subject in many churches today.

"People it is time to wake up and smell the coffee." LOL, that expression is one I have not heard in a while. For some reason I can almost visualize you saying it!!

Thanks for sharing Dusty.

Amen angela,

"And seeing the multitudes, He went up into a mountain: and when He was set, His disciples came unto Him: And He opened His mouth, and taught them, saying, ..." (Matthew 5).

"If any man will do His will He shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself" (John 7:17).

Many become disturbed by the word "doctrine" and make it out to be some kind of terrible "religious" word. It simply means instruction, to learn, to teach.

Jesus was a Teacher, not a sermonizer. He simply taught the people. Many preachers could certainly learn that lesson.

blessings,
John

Yes, I feel the presence of the Lord... He is where 2 or more are gathered in His Name...He is my Beloved...
Thank You,
angela

John and Angela..... I really enjoy your posts.

"People it is time to wake up and smell the coffee." LOL, that expression is one I have not heard in a while. For some reason I can almost visualize you saying it!!

Thanks for sharing Dusty.

Hey John..... Remember I bring all the oldies to the table just to refresh your memory.... LOL. I have a repitoire full of those sayings :D:D:D Just remember where I am coming from..... Ahem. But where I am going is more important... Thankyou Jesus.

Back