Women in the church

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no twisting of scripture going on. There is just literalism going on, and not the understanding that comes from the illumination and revelation of the Holy Spirit.

Seek and you shall find.

Literalism is.................

1 Timothy 3:1–2...........

"The saying is trustworthy: If a man aspires to the office of overseer, he desires a noble task. Therefore an overseer must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, sober-minded, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach".

Are we reading the same words that are literally printed in the Bible?

"The saying is trustworthy: If a man aspires to the office of overseer, he desires a noble task.
1 Tim 3:1..This saying is trustworthy: "If someone aspires to the office of overseer, he desires a good work." (NET)

As you already know the word he or his is not gender specific in its translation.

Literalism is.................

"The saying is trustworthy: If a man aspires to the office of overseer, he desires a noble task. Therefore an overseer must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, sober-minded, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach".

Are we reading the same words that are literally printed in the Bible?
Too many people do not hear the Spirit, but religiously only see the letter.

1 Timothy 3:1-2

"The saying is trustworthy: If anyone aspires to the office of overseer, he desires a noble task. Therefore an overseer must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, sober-minded, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach".

My dear sister, male leadership does not belittle women. Jesus was given His authority by God the Father. He was sent by God. He said that the Father was greater than He. Do you think that this belittled Jesus? Of course not. Women are of great value in the church and need to be used more and more according to the gifts given them.
Holding women back from what God has called them to is sin.

I do not agree. Who was responsible for sin coming into the world? It was not the woman, but Adam!!! Eve was deceived, but what Adam did was much more worse, as he knew it was wrong, but did it anyway. Women (wife) are not more easily deceived than men (husband), that is simply not true on any level.

YOU disagree?????? Then your problem is with God and not me my brother. I did not write one single word in His Bible.

1 Timothy 2:14 ..............

" and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor".

It is not meant that Adam did not sin, or even that he was not deceived by Satan, but that the woman opposed a feebler resistance to the temptation than he would have done, and that the temptation as actually applied to her would have been ineffectual on him. To tempt and seduce him to fall, there were needed all the soft persuasions, the entreaties, and example of his wife.

Satan understood this, and approached man not with the specious argument of the serpent, but through the allurements of his wife.

Too many people do not hear the Spirit, but religiously only see the letter.

True. And some people hear all sorts of things from all sorts of sources. That is why the written Word of God is to be read and believed and accepted as there can be no misunderstanding of what we thought someone or something said.

Holding women back from what God has called them to is sin.

How can a woman be called to something that God has SAID could not be done. Therefore the question has to be.....
WHO is doing this calling????

Is this the Word of God or not? It is just that simple my dear sister.

True. And some people hear all sorts of things from all sorts of sources. That is why the written Word of God is to be read and believed and accepted as there can be no misunderstanding of what we thought someone or something said.
We receive revelation as we submit to His voice in reading the word. His understanding! His message! Not man's!!

I sought the truth about this and prayed and asked the Lord to lead me so that I would know for sure what He thought!!! Asking earnestly for His wisdom---He supplies it. I thank Him for His precious understanding of this issue...it comes from the Father alone.

How can a woman be called to something that God has SAID could not be done. Therefore the question has to be.....
WHO is doing this calling????

Is this the Word of God or not? It is just that simple my dear sister.
Too much literal reading and not as much Spirit-led understanding. "Man" is not always "male".

If you do not consider all of scripture you can not make the case that "women" are to be completely silent in the Church. Besides, it is not talking about women, but a husband, and wife setting. Was not Adam, and Eve married? This is what this couple of verses is talking about. No wife is to teach her husband, or have authority over her husband, but this is only at home, not in the Church. Do women ever "prophecy", or "pray" in Church? You better believe they do. No, God has not changed his mind on letting women and men fulfill their mission that he has given each one from the foundation of the world.

1Co 11:5.. But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.

1Ti 2:11.. Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
1Ti 2:12.. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
1Ti 2:13.. For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

1 Tim 3:1..This saying is trustworthy: "If someone aspires to the office of overseer, he desires a good work." (NET)

As you already know the word he or his is not gender specific in its translation.

1 Tim. 3:5 KJV.........
"For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?

All I do is read what it says, believe what I read and then obey it.

Too much literal reading and not as much Spirit-led understanding. "Man" is not always "male".

That is very correct. But in the cases where it is, the Bible makes it clear who.

1 Tim. 3:5
"For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?"

If YOU do not think that this verse means MALE.......then so be it. That is your impression.

1 Tim. 3:5 KJV.........
"For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?

All I do is read what it says, believe what I read and then obey it.

1Ti 3:5.. for if someone does not know how to manage his own household, how will he care for God's church?

1Ti 5:14.. So I would have younger widows marry, bear children, manage their households, and give the adversary no occasion for slander.

If you do not consider all of scripture you can not make the case that "women" are to be completely silent in the Church. Besides, it is not talking about women, but a husband, and wife setting. Was not Adam, and Eve married? This is what this couple of verses is talking about. No wife is to teach her husband, or have authority over her husband, but this is only at home, not in the Church. Do women ever "prophecy", or "pray" in Church? You better believe they do. No, God has not changed his mind on letting women and men fulfill their mission that he has given each one from the foundation of the world.

1Co 11:5.. But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.

1Ti 2:11.. Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
1Ti 2:12.. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
1Ti 2:13.. For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

Scripture does not say that women are to be silent in church. But the Bible does say that only MEN can be qualified as a Pastor or deacon or elder.

1 Tim. 2:11 - 12 has to do with the mystery religions of Paul's day where women were leaders in sex orgies. Paul's direction is that women are not to speak in public with the idea of making an appeal on the basis of sex.

1 Tim. 2:13 is a statement of Biblical fact. It was the sin of Eve that brought sin into the world. Every child brought into this world is a sinner. Adam was indeed the 1st formed.

1Ti 3:5.. for if someone does not know how to manage his own household, how will he care for God's church?

1Ti 5:14.. So I would have younger widows marry, bear children, manage their households, and give the adversary no occasion for slander.

"Manage HIS own household" is all that needs to be said.

Women may be highly gifted teachers and leaders, but those gifts are not to be exercised over men in the context of the church. That is true not because women are spiritually inferior to men but because God’s law commands it. He has ordained order in His creation—an order that reflects His own nature and therefore should be reflected in His church. IMO, anyone ignoring or rejecting God’s order, then, weakens the church and dishonors Him.

Last edited:
Scripture does not say that women are to be silent in church. But the Bible does say that only MEN can be qualified as a Pastor or deacon or elder.

1 Tim. 2:11 - 12 has to do with the mystery religions of Paul's day where women were leaders in sex orgies. Paul's direction is that women are not to speak in public with the idea of making an appeal on the basis of sex.

1 Tim. 2:13 is a statement of Biblical fact. It was the sin of Eve that brought sin into the world. Every child brought into this world is a sinner. Adam was indeed the 1st formed.
This is just the furtherance of faulty human understanding of scripture. We need more men and women to seek the Holy Spirit's illumination when reading all scripture!!!

What weakens the Church is the weak understanding of God's word and His Spirit's great provision of anointed teachers and leaders in the local churches just because people miss the mind of God because they do not bother to know it.

Major et al...your views do harm to the Body of Christ and hinder God.

Last edited:
"Manage HIS own household" is all that needs to be said.

Women may be highly gifted teachers and leaders, but those gifts are not to be exercised over men in the context of the church. That is true not because women are spiritually inferior to men but because God’s law commands it. He has ordained order in His creation—an order that reflects His own nature and therefore should be reflected in His church. IMO, anyone ignoring or rejecting God’s order, then, weakens the church and dishonors Him.

Show me in what "law" commands this. Again, the word "his" is not gender specific.

. It was the sin of Eve that brought sin into the world.
Come on Brother you know that is not true. It was because of one mans disobedience that sin came into the world.

Rom 5:12.. Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned—

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back