Would You Lie To Save A Innocent Life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"look godly" ??? they lied about money.

They could have said, no, we sold it for this amount and kept the rest for ourselves. That would have been OK, but they said they sold it for a certain amount and gave all of it them which was a lie. Any time you say these kinds of things you make yourself look more holy to the rest of the believers.

The scripture mentioned (1Kings 22) where the 400 prophets were given to a "lying spirit" were not prophets of God - Micaiah was and he told the truth when summoned before the Kings.

What is hypocrisy is to say that you should reach for a lie as the only thing that can save an innocent life. I can't think of one time in my life where the HS encouraged me to lie about anything. And I have been in this so called situation in real life. And any future like situations, I would rely on God to lead me. If I am weak and relying on myself, I might reach for that lie because it is easy - too easy it seems these days but I would still see it as a sin and ask for forgiveness for it. And while I understand why someone else would lie in such a situation and I would probably agree with it's justification, I have to live with myself and I believe all lies are sins. And I see lies as deadly.

They could have said, no, we sold it for this amount and kept the rest for ourselves. That would have been OK, but they said they sold it for a certain amount and gave all of it them which was a lie. Any time you say these kinds of things you make yourself look more holy to the rest of the believers.
Right they lied about money. And the Pharisees always boasted in there ability to keep the written code of the law. But in their heart they was full of covetousness and hypocrisy.

Ps 12:2 They speak vanity every one with his neighbour: with flattering lips and with a double heart do they speak.
3 The LORD shall cut off all flattering lips, and the tongue that speaketh proud things:
4 Who have said, With our tongue will we prevail; our lips are our own:

re more excellent, being instructed out of the law;
19 And art confident that thou thyself art a guide of the blind, a light of them which are in darkness,
20 An instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, which hast the form of knowledge and of the truth in the law.
21 Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal?
22 Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege?
23 Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?

Well took a nap and decided to come back and confront this clear hypocrisy...As I have said...I would judge that the folks who are making this claim would lie about any number of things, tickets, taxes, even the toast that they had for breakfast...lol

If anyone really believes these folks would not lie under these or other similar circumstances? I have a bottle of Holy Water I got from this TV preacher that is guaranteed to cure cancer. Just send me a thousand dollars and I promise I am not lying! :rolleyes:

You paid 1000 for water?

If you have to lie to save a child then you aren't trusting in God. If a person is walking in the spirit, they do not need to sin to save a life. The Holy Spirit will guide them.

It's complete nonsense to say its okay to sin to save a life. Do you know what sin is? It's going against God. Are we saying its more important to save a life then be obedient to God?! Did we forget that his innocent son died for our sins? Did he need to lie to save us from hell?

If you have to lie to save a child then you aren't trusting in God. If a person is walking in the spirit, they do not need to sin to save a life. The Holy Spirit will guide them.

It's complete nonsense to say its okay to sin to save a life. Do you know what sin is? It's going against God. Are we saying its more important to save a life then be obedient to God?! Did we forget that his innocent son died for our sins? Did he need to lie to save us from hell?
Well that's just a religious fantasy that you guys are living in... No one believes you guys are being honest! :rolleyes:

Well that's just a religious fantasy that you guys are living in... No one believes you guys are being honest! :rolleyes:
Whats a religious fantasy? The part where I said the Holy Spirit would guide them, or the part where I mentioned God's innocent son dying for our sins? :S

When did you become an atheist sir?

Whats a religious fantasy? The part where I said the Holy Spirit would guide them, or the part where I mentioned God's innocent son dying for our sins? :S

When did you become an atheist sir?
The part were you act like you would not lie or mislead a killer to save a innocent childs life.....that's a religious fantasy that you guys are living in.... :eek:

The part were you act like you would not lie or mislead a killer to save a innocent childs life.....that's a religious fantasy that you guys are living in.... :eek:

I didn't "act" like anything. I only answered the question that was presented. I would never want to see an innocent child's life taken away. My question is do you really doubt that if you are living in the spirit, God wouldn't give you another option then to have to lie? You're always talking about being led by Spirit. Don't you think the holy Spirit could handle the situation enough to not lead you into a sin? Come on Mitspa I know you are a smart and Godly man! :LOL:

I didn't "act" like anything. I only answered the question that was presented. I would never want to see an innocent child's life taken away. My question is do you really doubt that if you are living in the spirit, God wouldn't give you another option then to have to lie? You're always talking about being led by Spirit. Don't you think the holy Spirit could handle the situation enough to not lead you into a sin? Come on Mitspa I know you are a smart and Godly man! :LOL:
I don't "pretend" to be so spiritual that I cant be honest!.. Would you break the Sabbath to save a innocent life? If you break one commandment you break them all! :eek:

Again and again, people are being accused of lying/not being honest to say that they would reach for anything but a lie to save the innocent child. And no one said that. They said lying is a sin. Pure and simple. I haven't looked out the window, but are elephants now flying (outside of cartoons?). If you lie about God or "for God" you are sinning. And there is no glory to God or you for that sin. Old - you say - I say tried and true. If God is truth - lies do not serve Him. You make a mockery of every martyr who died with Christ's name on his lips - not a lie.

Alot has been said about Rehab - oops I meant Rahab - and her lie(s) and the 2 spies but does it say that this saved Israel's bacon in this war that God had already ordained would be Israel's victory? Did the Hebrews need spies to see what the enemy was doing? Or was it God's plan that Rahab and her family become part of the People of God because she was part of the bloodline? Because, IMO, I don't think advocating "lies for God" was the purpose of the story. I think Rahab and her family were the only survivors. Innocent children slain with men and women. Was Rahab noted for being an incessant liar for God afterwards? Just wonderin'.

"Rehab".....how far from God are those who seek to establish their own righteousness?

Ro 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

Yup, Mitspa - I would say you are reaching pretty far. Oh? Did you mean me? Now not lying is self righteous? The rooster still hasn't caught me in any lies. How's your tally? And if you haven't told any, does that make you self righteous, too? I'm a sinner, just trying to type and say what I think is God's truth. I don't think God loves me any more than you - or anybody else for that matter. I don't claim to know all of God's truth but I see no righteous lies in my path to Him. If you do, that's your opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back