Yoga

I'm just wondering out loud - this is all very fascinating to me - but from the way some people are talking about yoga it's as though some dark spirit is going to attack the practitioner Exorcist-style and take root in their body like a cancer. Is there something specific about Yoga that discourages or openly opposes Christianity?
It's probably no more dangerous than a ouija board. I guess it depends on how serious one takes the spiritual realm.

Some Christians would agree with you on that. Their under the position that if something has a dark origin, then that origin will remain in it and it must be rejected entirely. This is why people insist on celebrating Christmas and especially Easter.
I mean yeah, if it's just stretching, why not call it just stretching. Why include a title that has an evil past?

This strikes me as just a little bit silly:
PraiseMoves%20dvd%20cover.jpg

And even though its neutral, it's still banned in my country, because they know the potential of it. We gotta ban yoga from the Christian community.

I don't necessarily believe in banning coca either -- especially since it has helped so many people, namely the people in Bolivia. But we're getting off topic with that.

1) With so many different Christian groups, it can't simply be banned. Some Christians perceive it as a pagan ritual. Some perceive it as absolutely nothing but a form of exercise...and it's not likely they'll reach a common ground on something a vague as this. There are no dogmatic statements made on yoga itself because yoga seems to mean more than just one thing.

2) Who will specifically will ban it?

It is silly. It's like an oxymoron. It's like that "pole dancing for Jesus". There is some things that Christians just shouldn't promote.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/hallelujah-christians-pole-dance-jesus-texas/story?id=13194891
The article says "adjusting" but I would say "diluting"

Christians have been adjusting their moral obligations to the modern world for the last half century. There are Christian tattoo parlors, books about Christian dieting (Thin for Him, Fit for My King), and even Christian sex manuals. On the scale of shocking modern activities for Christians, Thomas Tweed, a professor with the University of Texas, rates the pole dancing classes as "mildly surprising."

Back