You Are The Healed: Reason 02

Michael - nothing you have just posted changes what I said. We age - our flesh dies. Jesus came to save and untaint our immortal souls. NOT our flesh. It is our souls that are created in God's image - not our flesh. You are judging people's faith and I don't care what you think your ministry is - judging is not your job. I worry for your faith because there will come a time when you cannot pass blame to the unhealed on their lack of faith. You are twisting God's word and that's harmful - to you most of all.

Michael - nothing you have just posted changes what I said. We age - our flesh dies. Jesus came to save and untaint our immortal souls. NOT our flesh. It is our souls that are created in God's image - not our flesh. You are judging people's faith and I don't care what you think your ministry is - judging is not your job. I worry for your faith because there will come a time when you cannot pass blame to the unhealed on their lack of faith. You are twisting God's word and that's harmful - to you most of all.

I gave scriptures and more than one. If you say so Silk.

Paul....I have heard it said that the "thorn" in Paul's flesh was his bad eyesight.

Do you have any thoughts on what it was?

No...I agree...it was about what was in his flesh (and most agree it was a problem with his eyes...that I might add was not healed IMO to keep him humble in light of his great revelations)...and I also agree with Michael's assessment of faith, but if you look at his previous remarks it appears that he said (especially implied in his OP) that if people are not healed it is a matter of wrong belief or incorrect understanding of God's teaching...the problem here is I knew a Word of Faith preacher who confessed his healing repeatedly declaring he was healed ()and believed it) over and over until he died in a painful battle against cancer. Did he believe anyone who has correct faith should not get sick? Yes! This is what he taught for 2 decades...I merely pointed out to Michael in response to the OP that good and truly faithful Christians get sick and are not ALWAYS healed and it has nothing to do with incorrect teaching or a lack of faith...God CAN heal everyone here but will not...of His children we will all be "rapha" at the parousia (every single one of us). Does God still heal? Yes most definitely as I myself have testified to personally. Does He heal everyone we pray for? No! And that is His call...what He decides it always right, good, and just and does not contradict the word (if we take the whole council of God into account...)

I have read all 3 threads on Healing. I do not see different reasons - to me they all seem remarkably similar. I see avoidance of the Book of Job. I think highly of MichaelH and his exuberant faith. I do not accept that people lose their children because they lack faith. I wonder how they make it thru their children's death with faith intact but I have witnessed that too. It is the living who mourn. Of the 3 I tried laying hands on - I was only able to give temporary comfort from their pain. Their time had come to be gathered back to the Father. And had I succeeded, I would have known it had nothing to do with me. My faith in God is acceptance of His Will, not mine.

I really wasn't going to get into this, but when I logged on I found 5 members and 39 guests watching this forum, because of all of the lurkers that have been and are following this thread I feel the need to show the other side of the position of the OP, ...and hopefully the OP will see it that way and allow open discussion without flaming and insisting his way is the only way.

There is so much talk about Scripture in this thread, then let's take a look at some, Gen 32:24-32, for instance, the story of Jacob wrestling with the Angel of the Lord, in verse 25 we see God purposefully inflicting pain on Jacob and as the story continues God changes his name from conniver to Israel, ruled by God, we read Israel limped for the rest of his days and we read God blessed him, not healed him, but blessed him in his infliction and pain. The lesson we can learn from this story is when he is called Jacob he was walking in the flesh, a conniver, thief, deceiver, but when he is referred to as Israel he is ruled by God, that is, he is walking in the Spirit. So then the question is why did God purposefully hurt Jacob, we call it the breaking process, when we are saved all of our sins are washed away, forgotten by God, put in a sack, tied up and thrown into the deepest part of the ocean, never to be remembered again by God, but then Paul tells us there is a battle raging inside of us, the carnal nature fighting with our new spiritual nature, and our spiritual nature fighting with our flesh, some people respond to the urgings of the Holy Spirit to crucify their flesh daily and some, like me don't, hence we need to be broken, like Jacob at the age of 97.

As the Lord was breaking me I admit it was painful, it started in my early 50's, suddenly I was sick, I had only been seriously sick one time in my life up to that time, God didn't heal me and He hasn't healed me, the disease is controlled with medication, another part of this breaking process was a few years later I caught a cold and the virus severed the nerve in my right ear and I lost my balance, hence today I walk like I'm drunk, then come to find out the medication for the first illness gave me diabetes, so today I'm having to shoot up 50 units of insulin a day, then my eyes went bad, in my left eye it's distortion, my right eye has cataracts, my knees are shot, on top of all that I was as strong at 60 years of age as I was at 30, five years later my strength has so diminished that talking out the garbage is a chore.

Of course I prayed for healing and it hasn't come, and I think most of you know my walk of faith from the tid-bits I have shared, but may I tell you what I have learned from the pain in the breaking process, when I was younger I prayed Father give me knowledge, wisdom, strength, health, love, patience, compassion, etc, but through the breaking process and because of the pain in my life I have learned, I have changed how I pray, now it's Father, wold you please be my knowledge, wisdom,strength, health, love, patience, compassion, etc. and in so doing it's no longer me doing it, me trying to do something for God, me trying to do the work of God, but like Paul said, it's Christ living in me to do His will and preform His good pleasure, so yes, Father has inflicted pain on me, but it was for my good, just like Jacob, I'll be sick for the rest of the time I have left, do I have faith, yes, just like James said, I can show you my faith from my works, do I want to be healed, not really, why, because His grace is sufficient for me and His strength is made perfect in my weakness, He makes me strong, He is my strength, He enables to perform all of the work He has given me to do on a daily basis, I'm 65 years old, yet He has given me three jobs, we go to work at 6 AM and finish around 5 PM in fact, because I haven't taken a vacation in over 15 years, some times I'm convinced He allows me to be sick just because I need the rest, ...now do I really want to give up all that I have with Him, just to gibber in tongues??????

So there you have it, both sides of the coin, one side is me, me, me, I, I, I, .....the other side is you Lord Jesus, come and live and work through me.

Some more Scriptures in their correct context;

The Lady with the issue of blood, she said if I could only touch the hem of his robe, ...we see in the Old Testament the "badge" of authority, kind of like gold stars on the General's collar, or stripes on the Sargents arm, was on the hem of the robe, in wanting to touch the hem of Jesus' robe she was acknowledging His authority as Christ, so when Jesus said your faith has healed you, He was confirming to her in her belief He was the Christ and as God in the flesh she was healed by being in His presence.

The lady who said, "but Lord, even the dogs eat from the crumbs that fall from the master's table," ...she was a Canaanite and was addressing Jesus as if she were a Jew, that is why Jesus ignored her at first, also why He explained He had been sent to the lost house of Israel, not the Canaanites, but then we read she came and worshiped Him (acknowledging the curse of Noah on the descendents of Ham) and called Him Lord, which again caused Jesus to confirm her faith in Him as the Jewish Messiah.

Here's another Scripture I believe to be relevant to this discussion, John 5:2-13, there was a lame man sitting on a porch by a pool, waiting for an angel to pass by and the first person into the pool would be healed, Jesus walked up to the man and healed him, the man took up his bed and walked, no doubt rejoicing in the miracle that had been performed in his body, however, when questioned as to who it was that had healed him he didn't know, ...and that is the problem with the glorifying of the gifts of God and not the Giver of the gifts, the people don't give glory to God, but rather to the man who performed the wonder.

So, all of you silent lurkers, please remember what Jesus' first admonition was to His disciples concerning the sign of His coming and the end of the world,

And Jesus answered and said to them, Take heed that no man deceive you. Mat 24:4

Blessings,

Gene

Great post Gene...all your points are sound...God heals, but not all, it is not because they do not believe Him, And most importantly there is no magic formula it is all about Him...YHVH-Rapha

No...I agree...it was about what was in his flesh (and most agree it was a problem with his eyes...that I might add was not healed IMO to keep him humble in light of his great revelations)...and I also agree with Michael's assessment of faith, but if you look at his previous remarks it appears that he said (especially implied in his OP) that if people are not healed it is a matter of wrong belief or incorrect understanding of God's teaching...the problem here is I knew a Word of Faith preacher who confessed his healing repeatedly declaring he was healed ()and believed it) over and over until he died in a painful battle against cancer. Did he believe anyone who has correct faith should not get sick? Yes! This is what he taught for 2 decades...I merely pointed out to Michael in response to the OP that good and truly faithful Christians get sick and are not ALWAYS healed and it has nothing to do with incorrect teaching or a lack of faith...God CAN heal everyone here but will not...of His children we will all be "rapha" at the parousia (every single one of us). Does God still heal? Yes most definitely as I myself have testified to personally. Does He heal everyone we pray for? No! And that is His call...what He decides it always right, good, and just and does not contradict the word (if we take the whole council of God into account...)

Paul........we are absolutely of one mind on this.....thank God!

In fact I believe you know this......it is God's will that sickness and suffering and pain be a part of life. God uses those things to judge us, correct us and bring us more like unto HIs Son the Lord Jesus Christ.

I can not begin to tell you how many really good people I have had to work with over the years who were taught that IF THEY HAD ENOUGH FAITH, THEIR BABY WHO HAD CANCER WOULD LIVE. Then the baby died. Those couples now blamed God and themselves for the death of their child.

It takes a long time to recover from that if there is even a recovery possible.

I really wasn't going to get into this, but when I logged on I found 5 members and 39 guests watching this forum, because of all of the lurkers that have been and are following this thread I feel the need to show the other side of the position of the OP, ...and hopefully the OP will see it that way and allow open discussion without flaming and insisting his way is the only way.

There is so much talk about Scripture in this thread, then let's take a look at some, Gen 32:24-32, for instance, the story of Jacob wrestling with the Angel of the Lord, in verse 25 we see God purposefully inflicting pain on Jacob and as the story continues God changes his name from conniver to Israel, ruled by God, we read Israel limped for the rest of his days and we read God blessed him, not healed him, but blessed him in his infliction and pain. The lesson we can learn from this story is when he is called Jacob he was walking in the flesh, a conniver, thief, deceiver, but when he is referred to as Israel he is ruled by God, that is, he is walking in the Spirit. So then the question is why did God purposefully hurt Jacob, we call it the breaking process, when we are saved all of our sins are washed away, forgotten by God, put in a sack, tied up and thrown into the deepest part of the ocean, never to be remembered again by God, but then Paul tells us there is a battle raging inside of us, the carnal nature fighting with our new spiritual nature, and our spiritual nature fighting with our flesh, some people respond to the urgings of the Holy Spirit to crucify their flesh daily and some, like me don't, hence we need to be broken, like Jacob at the age of 97.

As the Lord was breaking me I admit it was painful, it started in my early 50's, suddenly I was sick, I had only been seriously sick one time in my life up to that time, God didn't heal me and He hasn't healed me, the disease is controlled with medication, another part of this breaking process was a few years later I caught a cold and the virus severed the nerve in my right ear and I lost my balance, hence today I walk like I'm drunk, then come to find out the medication for the first illness gave me diabetes, so today I'm having to shoot up 50 units of insulin a day, then my eyes went bad, in my left eye it's distortion, my right eye has cataracts, my knees are shot, on top of all that I was as strong at 60 years of age as I was at 30, five years later my strength has so diminished that talking out the garbage is a chore.

Of course I prayed for healing and it hasn't come, and I think most of you know my walk of faith from the tid-bits I have shared, but may I tell you what I have learned from the pain in the breaking process, when I was younger I prayed Father give me knowledge, wisdom, strength, health, love, patience, compassion, etc, but through the breaking process and because of the pain in my life I have learned, I have changed how I pray, now it's Father, wold you please be my knowledge, wisdom,strength, health, love, patience, compassion, etc. and in so doing it's no longer me doing it, me trying to do something for God, me trying to do the work of God, but like Paul said, it's Christ living in me to do His will and preform His good pleasure, so yes, Father has inflicted pain on me, but it was for my good, just like Jacob, I'll be sick for the rest of the time I have left, do I have faith, yes, just like James said, I can show you my faith from my works, do I want to be healed, not really, why, because His grace is sufficient for me and His strength is made perfect in my weakness, He makes me strong, He is my strength, He enables to perform all of the work He has given me to do on a daily basis, I'm 65 years old, yet He has given me three jobs, we go to work at 6 AM and finish around 5 PM in fact, because I haven't taken a vacation in over 15 years, some times I'm convinced He allows me to be sick just because I need the rest, ...now do I really want to give up all that I have with Him, just to gibber in tongues??????

So there you have it, both sides of the coin, one side is me, me, me, I, I, I, .....the other side is you Lord Jesus, come and live and work through me.

Some more Scriptures in their correct context;

The Lady with the issue of blood, she said if I could only touch the hem of his robe, ...we see in the Old Testament the "badge" of authority, kind of like gold stars on the General's collar, or stripes on the Sargents arm, was on the hem of the robe, in wanting to touch the hem of Jesus' robe she was acknowledging His authority as Christ, so when Jesus said your faith has healed you, He was confirming to her in her belief He was the Christ and as God in the flesh she was healed by being in His presence.

The lady who said, "but Lord, even the dogs eat from the crumbs that fall from the master's table," ...she was a Canaanite and was addressing Jesus as if she were a Jew, that is why Jesus ignored her at first, also why He explained He had been sent to the lost house of Israel, not the Canaanites, but then we read she came and worshiped Him (acknowledging the curse of Noah on the descendents of Ham) and called Him Lord, which again caused Jesus to confirm her faith in Him as the Jewish Messiah.

Here's another Scripture I believe to be relevant to this discussion, John 5:2-13, there was a lame man sitting on a porch by a pool, waiting for an angel to pass by and the first person into the pool would be healed, Jesus walked up to the man and healed him, the man took up his bed and walked, no doubt rejoicing in the miracle that had been performed in his body, however, when questioned as to who it was that had healed him he didn't know, ...and that is the problem with the glorifying of the gifts of God and not the Giver of the gifts, the people don't give glory to God, but rather to the man who performed the wonder.

So, all of you silent lurkers, please remember what Jesus' first admonition was to His disciples concerning the sign of His coming and the end of the world,

And Jesus answered and said to them, Take heed that no man deceive you. Mat 24:4

Blessings,

Gene

Yes, I agree with Bro. Paul. Good stuff Gene! It shows that through proper Bible study, the answers are always there. Now we may not like the answer but it is none the less there.

God bless you!

It takes a long time to recover from that if there is even a recovery possible.

I know this is going to sound harsh, I don't say it in meanness, but it's reality, those poor, suffering people like you mentioned are searching for anything in the way of hope to hang on to, their emotions are ruling their lives instead of seeking the Lord, my first encounter with a faith healer here was in '95 at the church my wife was attending, and of course he introduced the other supposed bizarre manifestations of the Holy Spirit too, then he met and married a local girl who was infatuated with him, but then she became sick, real sick, and his spiel couldn't heal her, so what did he do, after the vow of through sickness and health 'til death do we part, that he had made in front of us as witnesses, ...he skipped out, adios amigos, left one night to never come back, I'm not clear on the details of how this happened, but they were in contact, he asked her if she was healed, her response was no, his response was, when you are healed, come and be my wife. ...and like you have watched with a breaking heart, ...this young wife left the Lord and went back to the world.

That is the horrible, wicked, malignant results of the word of faith movement, I'm not throwing rocks, but Jesus taught us to look at the fruit and like I said, it's reality, it's the fruit we who are servants, cleaning up after the the rally are finding, laying on the ground, and strange thing is most of the fruit we find laying on the ground is bruised and broken, ...then we have to try and deal with these poor souls who have had their faith shipwrecked, and that is next to impossible, and like you Major, the happy endings I have observed with the people being restored to the Lord has been very dismal, very small percentages, and when there is there seems to always be so much doubt to try and overcome, the very foundation of God is Good, God is Love and, and GOD IS FAITHFUL has been destroyed, and that is what makes this teaching so dastardly pernicious!

It has been my observation that these faith healers come and go, they don't stick around very long, it's like a rape, they get their cookies off, get their heavenly brownie point card punched, their flesh is satisfied and if, and if, they should ever meet one of their victims that confronts them, they reply with a typical rapist mentality, "what are you complaining for, ...you enjoyed it!"

Like I said it's harsh, graphic, I'm not saying this in anger, I'm not following an agenda, ....au contrare, my heart breaks for the victims, my/our brothers and sisters, ...one, their faith is shipwrecked and usually it ruins their lives, affairs, separations, divorces, children turning to the world because dad and mom have lost faith in God, ...and two, their eternal rewards, they will enter eternity with nothing, saved, yet so as by fire as Paul taught, in Heaven for all eternity, happy, joyful, but unable to experience all that is available for those whose works were not burned up by the judgement of fire by the Word of God.

In our English Bibles we read the serpent was more subtil, cunning, clever, in French the word is rusé (roo-zay), which conveys the meaning more fully, conniving, deceitful, plotting for someone's loss, ...rightly did Paul warn us to not be surprised to find satan's ministers behind the pulpit, and again, my heart breaks for my brothers and sisters that have bought into this lie from the pit and teach it (and James tells us teachers will be judged more severely), because as their victims, so will be their state for all of Eternity, saved, yet as by fire, they will see all of their works they thought they were doing for the Lord burned up in an instant, ...they will have experienced the approbation of their colleagues on earth, but sadly they won't hear their Lord say, "well done my faithful servant!"

In love and In His Love,

Gene

Last edited:
Amen Gene and so many of them are also false prophets and when their prophecies do not unfold they do not repent but instead have a new reason you need to send them more money (should be a clue)!

Yeah Paul, sad isn't it, what I find amazing is it seems there are a lot of our brothers and sisters caught up in it, who know much Scripture, that completely ignore the facts we are in the final moments of the Church Age and at this time there will be a grand apostasy in the church, that Jesus told us to watch out for false teachers, warned about us about being deceived and almost every book of the New Testament speaks about false teaching and/or doctrine, it blows my mind to watch it and then all of the talk about free will, my goodness, ...no wonder.

Blessings,

Gene

Yeah Paul, sad isn't it, what I find amazing is it seems there are a lot of our brothers and sisters caught up in it, who know much Scripture, that completely ignore the facts we are in the final moments of the Church Age and at this time there will be a grand apostasy in the church, that Jesus told us to watch out for false teachers, warned about us about being deceived and almost every book of the New Testament speaks about false teaching and/or doctrine, it blows my mind to watch it and then all of the talk about free will, my goodness, ...no wonder.

Blessings,

Gene

Yes sir and it is taking place right in front of our eyes. We all are seeing the Scriptures stretched, changed and altered to fit our pre-conceived ideas.

The ability and desire to read the Scriptures, understand them just as they are written, is a process that is steadily going away.

God help us!

I posted this on the wrong thread (speaking of coincidences Rav :)

There is my girl.........Hello Silk!
Are you well?
I hope so.
If I say I have had better days, would that be admitting a lack of faith? :) I am the same as ever, I guess. I've been thinking and I cannot find a way out of this connundrum. I admire MichaelH's zeal and enthusiasm in his faith. I worry that it is not on stable ground. We all agree that miraculous healing does take place. We all don't agree on why it doesn't happen for everyone. When the human race chose to know evil, we had to live with the consequences - it was not a punishment from God. It caused a separation from Him. That was not His Will - it was ours. The evidence of that is still with us today, whether we accept Christ or not. We cannot fathom God's plan - the intricacies, the levels, the dimensions. We sometimes catch a glimpse - a miniscule part. Sometimes we extropolate, way out of range of what that glimpse means. It does say in scripture that people would drink poison and handle snakes, in the end - and sure enough - there are those people. It conveniently doesn't say if they live or die (flesh). Faith is our only armor, against bad times, and some would say you need to wear 7 suits of armor but I say that will only hold you down so you can't move or act in a way that's needful. We live in a time, where more is always better - but my experience is that you can only have the faith you already have. Faith isn't a pie either.

It is very interesting that when the subject of healing is brought up, very often some reference to some WOF preacher, beguiling unstable souls, is not very far away. I myself left the "WOF" and all the riches and promises of fame and glory, for some of the very reasons many always seem to bring up. But "healing" is the children's bread, and should always be sought with all the diligence of our faith. I have determined that love is above all things, that every promise of God is mine to believe and by grace receive. I have also decided that if I cannot trust Gods Word, when it speaks so clearly on such an issue as "healing", then I have no desire to be in this world and would rather the Lord take me out of this darkness in which we are yet subject. Having this attitude, that I had rather die than not believe, I have seen the dead raised from their beds, cancer healed etc.. but yet in my own body, I still find strongholds of certain things? So I am not shaken, I have seen Gods strength and my weaknesses are very real. So I do not say as some" I will not be sick" I say "by Gods grace, I am well".

I posted this on the wrong thread (speaking of coincidences Rav :)

If I say I have had better days, would that be admitting a lack of faith? :) I am the same as ever, I guess. I've been thinking and I cannot find a way out of this connundrum. I admire MichaelH's zeal and enthusiasm in his faith. I worry that it is not on stable ground. We all agree that miraculous healing does take place. We all don't agree on why it doesn't happen for everyone. When the human race chose to know evil, we had to live with the consequences - it was not a punishment from God. It caused a separation from Him. That was not His Will - it was ours. The evidence of that is still with us today, whether we accept Christ or not. We cannot fathom God's plan - the intricacies, the levels, the dimensions. We sometimes catch a glimpse - a miniscule part. Sometimes we extropolate, way out of range of what that glimpse means. It does say in scripture that people would drink poison and handle snakes, in the end - and sure enough - there are those people. It conveniently doesn't say if they live or die (flesh). Faith is our only armor, against bad times, and some would say you need to wear 7 suits of armor but I say that will only hold you down so you can't move or act in a way that's needful. We live in a time, where more is always better - but my experience is that you can only have the faith you already have. Faith isn't a pie either.

Glad you are well. If I may, I will try and help your understanding. The problem will be those of the Pentecostal faith who will rejct what I am going to tell you. That really is not a problem for me, it is for them. The ones who had the gift of handling snakes, drinking poision, healing the sick, speaking in tongues and raising the dead were the Apostles......THE ELEVEN plus Paul after his conversion.

If we read Mark 16 and the explanation of the "Sign Gifts" we see clearly that those gifts were given to the ELEVEN who Jesus spoke to and commissioned to continue His mission.

Mark 16:14-16.....
"Afterward he appeared to the ELEVEN themselves as THEY were reclining at table, and he rebuked THEM for their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they had not believed those who saw him after he had risen. 15 And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

This is confirmed in Hebrews 2:3-4
"After it was at the first spoken through the Lord, it was confirmed TO US BY THOSE WHO HEARD HIM, God also bearing witness with them both by SIGNS and WONDERS and by various MIRACLES and by gidts of the Holy Spirit according to His own will".

There it is as plain as day for anyone wanting to know the truth. But today it seems that we want so hard to be part of something that we convince ourselves that what we think and want is more important than what the Bible tells us.

We fail to remember that 2000 years ago Christianity was a baby, an infant. It had no Bible, few leaders and absolutely no support from the govt. It had to have something to survive and that something was POWER. Not a force, but a mighty, visible power.

God chose the Apostles to be the carriers of that power. We see it right there in Mark 14-16 when Jesus commissioned the ELEVEN.
God authenticated His message and messengers through signs, wonders, and miracles. Anyone in those days could have claimed to be a teacher or an apostle. The believers then were about as gullible as some are today. Someone says what sounds good, then they get caught op in the excitement and adrenaline takes over and BOOM!

To be an Apostle meant that one had to have a personal visitation from Jesus Christ. That Silk is why there are no Apostles today and in fact no prophets as well.

1 Corth. 9:1
"Am I not an apostle? am I not free? have I NOT SEEN JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD? are ye not my work in the Lord"?

It is very interesting that when the subject of healing is brought up, very often some reference to some WOF preacher, beguiling unstable souls, is not very far away. I myself left the "WOF" and all the riches and promises of fame and glory, for some of the very reasons many always seem to bring up. But "healing" is the children's bread, and should always be sought with all the diligence of our faith. I have determined that love is above all things, that every promise of God is mine to believe and by grace receive. I have also decided that if I cannot trust Gods Word, when it speaks so clearly on such an issue as "healing", then I have no desire to be in this world and would rather the Lord take me out of this darkness in which we are yet subject. Having this attitude, that I had rather die than not believe, I have seen the dead raised from their beds, cancer healed etc.. but yet in my own body, I still find strongholds of certain things? So I am not shaken, I have seen Gods strength and my weaknesses are very real. So I do not say as some" I will not be sick" I say "by Gods grace, I am well".

Excellent words and I agree with you.

My turn for a story. When I was a child, one of my Mother's best buds, Margaret Walters, had more faith than anyone I ever knew. And she knew the entire bible by heart - backwards and forwards. And her faith moved mountains in her church, community. Then her 13 year old daughter came down with Leukemia. She went from church to church, denomination to denomination, asking that they pray for her daughter. I think she may have started prayer chains. Half the state was praying. Her life became a continuous prayer for her daughter. In the hospital, on the day that Judy died, the whole floor could hear her grief. Crying, sobbing and "why God? why did you take her." After a time, Margaret rose to leave the room, and Judy called to her. "Momma - I have been to heaven...why would you want to take me from there? It hurts too much here." They talked of what Judy saw. She died the next day. She lost her daughter but she didn't lose her faith. It grew.

To be an Apostle meant that one had to have a personal visitation from Jesus Christ. That Silk is why there are no Apostles today and in fact no prophets as well.

My dear brother, you statement is not completely accurate, I hope you don't mind if I insert what you left out.

To be an Apostle of Jesus Christ meant that one had to have a personal visitation from Jesus Christ.

Because the Father had an Apostle whom He sent,

Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus; Heb 3:1

Jesus Christ had 11 + 1apostles that He ordained and sent.

And the Holy Spirit has apostles that He ordains and sends, there are true or real apostles and there are false apostles present with us today, I think we need to define what an apostle is, I'm sure you will agree the New Testament definition of an apostle is simply 'sent one,'...one who was sent, so in searching the Word we find in Acts 14:4, 14 Barnabas (not one of the 11 + 1) was called a apostle by Divine inspiration, and then again in Eph 4:11 we find apostles are given to the church for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Chris, which is evident by just reading the threads in this forum alone the church is not yet perfect, and, ...and, .......are you ready, ............YOU, by your own admission, were an apostle, a sent one, sent to the battlefield to announce the Gospel. BOOM!!! sorry bro, couldn't resist, ...luv ya

Blessings,

Gene

4 Threads now - same reasoning and lack of listen. Except now, we have someone saying we can all be Christ. Yes, Christ - untainted by original sin - healed. I wish you well in your ministry. Pride goeth before a fall.

Back