A Biblical rebuke to the prosperity gospel movement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silk I am not trying to win you over. I have no desire to even try.
However the source behind the page - how much do ytou know about them ? Have you checked out everything they teach and claim and say ? How about what the ministry in question teaches -

Show me where scripture says we are to speak out all this false teacher stuff.

I have! I have spent uncountable hours doing exactly what you asked.........checking out what they teach and actually do say.

I have been to and seen and recorded what is done and said and was at one time intimately involved with a well know teacher. My comments on this subject DO NOT COME from what I think but from what I have actually experienced.

My position is real simple. The people involved in the Word of Faith-Name and Claim It teaching know exaxtly what they are doing. They chose to believe it and therefore God allow them to do so. If they want to continue then feel free to do so.

However, they should never ever give in to the thinking that in some way they are in a higher spiritual position than those who do not accept what they believe.

We as Christians are all equal because the ground at the foot of the croos is level and we all come to God the same way, through the Lord Jesus Christ.

I somehow think that God is not expecting us to gain entrance through the grand gates of heaven with a dictionary under our belt, but rather a solid understanding of the holy scriptures through the interpretation of Holy Spirit.

I do not know about grand words or dictionaries or even a solid understanding of the Scriptures. I have plaques, and diplomas and certificates and letters on my walls but they mean absolutly nothing to me in the scope of eternal life.

I for one am going to go through the grand gates of heaven because of the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ and NOTHING else whatsoever.

Reactions: Juk
What is the message?

Well, it was asked for so I did a word search on false, false teacher & false prophet. It indicates what God thinks of false messages from anyone. Satan, father of lies, has a habit of taking a truth, mixing it with lies so the truth is lost. IE: God loves everyone but He loves His preachers more so if they say something against scripture: hush. After all, what do you know? In post#2, the example was of a good preacher who went off script...but the preacher when shown by scripture that he was wrong, acknowledged this error. This is an example of what sounds good but isn't true to scripture. I have found out, late, the hard way, that in understanding scripture, all of it must agree and reinforce itself. If it doesn't, you need to find out why for your own understanding. Not to win a point. If you look without help of the HS - all you find are seeming contradictions. You have to go in looking to see how they are all true. If I think of a better way to say this, I will post it.

Silk did you not ever notice that you can take a scripture and make it cross with any statement.
I can take lines from your pastors sermons and make them say anything when used out of context. I can then take scripture and put it with it to make my point. So exactly what is your point ?

YES Jim, I have noticed that now for about the past 50 years or so. That is one of the reasons that the Word of Faith exists as it is now. Teachers have taken Scriptures and made them say what thay want them to say.

WHY must then be the question????? Simple.......MONEY!!!!

L. Ron Hubbard (Founder of Scientology) once said "Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wanted to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion."

While our modern day evangelists have not started their own religion, they have unquestionably improved on Hubbard’s idea. Capitalizing on Christianity has proved to be far more lucrative than starting a new religion.

But as the Bible tells us in 2 Tim. 3:13..........
"evil men and impostors shall wax worse and worse, deceiving and being deceiv"

Here then is the responce of those who reject what is being stated. AND it is perfectly fine to reject it because I am nothing but an ld country boy trying to get out the Word Of God!!!

Answer will be........."So the leadership live in nice houses or nice areas, so what? This is God's way of blessing them. They deserve this for leading God's people."

I wonder if you guys ever really stop to think about what you are saying? Do you really believe that God would bless those in leadership with lifestyles that totally contradict everything that Jesus taught. He and the men who led the first century church led by example. They were servant leaders.

Ask yourself if any of the apostles would've chosen pricey homes or affluent areas for themselves. More to the point, would Jesus have done so? Ask yourself if the apostles would have used the contributions and tithes of the people in order to have done so?

Men and women have consistantly made the Scriptures say what they want they to mean and not what they actually do mean. That my friend has been and still is the problem today right up to and incuding this thread.

Well, it was asked for so I did a word search on false, false teacher & false prophet. It indicates what God thinks of false messages from anyone. Satan, father of lies, has a habit of taking a truth, mixing it with lies so the truth is lost. IE: God loves everyone but He loves His preachers more so if they say something against scripture: hush. After all, what do you know? In post#2, the example was of a good preacher who went off script...but the preacher when shown by scripture that he was wrong, acknowledged this error. This is an example of what sounds good but isn't true to scripture. I have found out, late, the hard way, that in understanding scripture, all of it must agree and reinforce itself. If it doesn't, you need to find out why for your own understanding. Not to win a point. If you look without help of the HS - all you find are seeming contradictions. You have to go in looking to see how they are all true. If I think of a better way to say this, I will post it.

Nope.......It was well said!

Thanks.

YES Jim, I have noticed that now for about the past 50 years or so. That is one of the reasons that the Word of Faith exists as it is now. Teachers have taken Scriptures and made them say what thay want them to say.

WHY must then be the question????? Simple.......MONEY!!!!

L. Ron Hubbard (Founder of Scientology) once said "Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wanted to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion."

While our modern day evangelists have not started their own religion, they have unquestionably improved on Hubbard’s idea. Capitalizing on Christianity has proved to be far more lucrative than starting a new religion.

But as the Bible tells us in 2 Tim. 3:13..........
"evil men and impostors shall wax worse and worse, deceiving and being deceiv"

Here then is the responce of those who reject what is being stated. AND it is perfectly fine to reject it because I am nothing but an ld country boy trying to get out the Word Of God!!!

Answer will be........."So the leadership live in nice houses or nice areas, so what? This is God's way of blessing them. They deserve this for leading God's people."

I wonder if you guys ever really stop to think about what you are saying? Do you really believe that God would bless those in leadership with lifestyles that totally contradict everything that Jesus taught. He and the men who led the first century church led by example. They were servant leaders.

Ask yourself if any of the apostles would've chosen pricey homes or affluent areas for themselves. More to the point, would Jesus have done so? Ask yourself if the apostles would have used the contributions and tithes of the people in order to have done so?

Men and women have consistantly made the Scriptures say what they want they to mean and not what they actually do mean. That my friend has been and still is the problem today right up to and incuding this thread.

All I see is the abuse of truth, and those who are sold out to it. You see people who abuse truth and then paint with your huge, broad brush everyone who believes the scriptures completely, as part of them. The "Prosperity Gospel" is a label created by those who like to categorize and lump certain people into a group that preaches the love of money. Of course that is wrong. The posters in this thread do not share this lust for money and material possessions. We simply believe the word of God that tells us that He will supply our every need and will do so with abundance...with some left over! We who believe God and His promises to us also see the same abuses you see and we oppose them. What is the point for your broad brush? I think that people simply do not believe God and His precious promises to His very own children. I also think that somehow people have a basic fear of stepping out in belief lest God doesn't come through. That's simply unbelief.

Psalm 66:12
You made men ride over our heads;
We went through fire and through water,
Yet You brought us out into a place of abundance.

Psalm 1:1-3
Oh, the joys of those who do not
follow the advice of the wicked,
or stand around with sinners,
or join in with mockers.
2 But they delight in the law of the Lord,
meditating on it day and night.
3 They are like trees planted along the riverbank,
bearing fruit each season.
Their leaves never wither,
and they prosper in all they do.

Psalm 23:4-5
Even when I walk
through the darkest valley,
I will not be afraid,
for you are close beside me.
Your rod and your staff
protect and comfort me.
5 You prepare a feast for me
in the presence of my enemies.
You honor me by anointing my head with oil.
My cup overflows with blessings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back