Alphabet Soup Garden Varieties

In my own darkness of despair I shine still like the light I was born again to be, washed clean by the blood of Jesus Christ, our Fathers gifted armor keeps we whole firm on his rock.

Im home in NC after quite an adventure travelling back. I decided I wanted to see Mammoth Caves, but you had to be in line at 6am to get tickets due to the volume of visitors during this covid mess. So I wandered around the park instead, and found dirt roads to explore in my Jeep. Apparently my exploration brought me through back trails into farm lands sprawling across mountainsides with a variety of crops, and different herds grazing. I almost ran into an Amish horse cart, lol. I did say a prayer for their community. The ride was gorgeous.

I decided to check out Cumberland Lake being I was so far south into KY at this point. My GPS then led me into TN through winding local roadways. This is why I wanted a Jeep!!! Nothing like getting lost and found on scenic roads of Americana. I was plumb into Knoxville before I found an interstate. Therefore the most direct route back to this part of eastern coastal NC was to take I-40 east right past the Biltmore Estate. Another fail; tickets were sold out for days and it was $65 just to walk the grounds. I said Nay (the nights whom say nigh come to mind in my warped sense of humor).

Maybe I should have went to the Crater of Diamonds State park in AR and when through on I-40 even farther south? With my luck it would have been closed, and I would have ended up stuck in that red mud in some hillside someplace remote. Lets see what adventure awaits me on my next trip letting the wind, a bug splattered wind shield, and GOD take me where he leads...

-------------------------------------------------------

My eldest is a mess, and Ive once again come to the conclusion we cant help someone who does not want to help themselves (no matter how loud they cry wolf). What we want for our adult children isn't always what they want. it was a very expensive exercise in futility, but I did enjoy the fact we were together spending some quality time through the madness that is BPD. She is currently in a treatment facility.

My youngest is still in need of healing for her ankle. I came home last night to praying with them over the house, and the sprinkling of holy water / anointing of oil (from the Greek Orthodox churches I was raised in). Apparently they experienced some strange and unsettling occurrences, which were addressed through prayer together and the reading of scripture.

Feels good to be home! I can only imagine how good heaven will feel~

Last edited:
I will continue to pray for your family thenami.
It’s not easy when a family member can’t or won’t help themselves. but God can and does work miracles, I think back to before I was a Christian, and I can only say it was a miracle that I got saved. He dragged me to Him kicking and screaming. So please do not think your beloved daughter is a lost cause. I can identify the BPD personality in myself, to a degree. But I’m healing nicely and if He can do it to me He can do it to anyone.

I am reminded of Jesus casting out the demon in the boy in Matthew 17:14-23.

keep the Faith

an applause of fragrance did touch me
like a fresh summers rain on what I see,
as the drops drench my soul shine with a scent
almost as quick winds carry them spent,

now a lost memory in my nose gone
through air to play for another a song,
and tickle for but a moment it's call
an ovation bouquet having a ball~

an applause of fragrance did touch me
like a fresh summers rain on what I see,
as the drops drench my soul shine with a scent
almost as quick winds carry them spent,

now a lost memory in my nose gone
through air to play for another a song,
and tickle for but a moment it's call
an ovation bouquet having a ball~

Hello my sister thenami;

As I'm surfing the forums I made a point to read your latest Alphabet Soup Garden Varieties. I know when the Spirit prompts you to write, do you stop at that moment and post? Or does it stay in your heart til later when you log on?

I hope all is well with you and your family, sister, and thank you for sharing.

I try to write it down as the moment strikes before I forget the feeling of the spirit speaking to me.
Thanks for posting my internet friend~ missed your encouragement dearly...

hugs and hope you and your wife are deliriously happy-

I just realized its a 40 something hour drive from this end of I-40 to that end of I-40. Seems like 40 is a magic number, and I was half way there in NE.
Guess my foot is wanting to be free on an American interstate, but my body and wallet need a good rest.
Reality bites sometimes, as I choose to imagine my Jeep crying out "ROAD Trip" after just going on one.

My back is still hollering "your an idiot" for sleeping in it though. Its still a dream palace depending on personal perspective. I will say I am no longer contemplating that Kingsdown mattress my old A.S. body has been slowly saving for. After being beaten up by a lumpy air b and b bed, sleeping in my Jeep was a much happier alternative. Now this ancient bed of mine feels like a cloud of comfort.

Life is good, driving is fun, and GOD is great!

when my aching body causes me stress
and my bones are making my life a mess,
I can see heaven when I lift my eyes
knowing for my sins Jesus Christ did rise,

and when I can no longer fight this pain
eternal life is what my soul will gain,
as I am laid still quietly to sleep
may my love for trips live on in my Jeep!!!

ox'

Father in the name of your Son Jesus Christ
please forgive us all our trespasses,
before we see light of another day
so we could fall asleep washed white as snow,

let mine eyes run down with tears so they heal
my sins which I know I am forgiven,
may the salt of my wounds remind me well
that I am a daughter which is broken,

might I cast away my crimes like garbage
they are an abomination indeed,
for I have clinged into this wicked world
instead of words which do nourish my soul,

I have hope to find wings to fly above
and rejoice in YOU through your salvation,
as I seek kindness and love of spirit
to remember your compassion and mercy,

which I know I will taint yet once again
for the flesh I wear is weak on this earth,
therefore I take heed to the holy scriptures
knowing I cannot ever save myself,

he that soweth the good seed is the Son
and he does grow deeply inside my heart,
the kingdom of heaven is a treasure
and eternal life is it's greatest gift~

Amen

I just realized its a 40 something hour drive from this end of I-40 to that end of I-40. Seems like 40 is a magic number, and I was half way there in NE.
Guess my foot is wanting to be free on an American interstate, but my body and wallet need a good rest.
Reality bites sometimes, as I choose to imagine my Jeep crying out "ROAD Trip" after just going on one.

My back is still hollering "your an idiot" for sleeping in it though. Its still a dream palace depending on personal perspective. I will say I am no longer contemplating that Kingsdown mattress my old A.S. body has been slowly saving for. After being beaten up by a lumpy air b and b bed, sleeping in my Jeep was a much happier alternative. Now this ancient bed of mine feels like a cloud of comfort.

Life is good, driving is fun, and GOD is great!

when my aching body causes me stress
and my bones are making my life a mess,
I can see heaven when I lift my eyes
knowing for my sins Jesus Christ did rise,

and when I can no longer fight this pain
eternal life is what my soul will gain,
as I am laid still quietly to sleep
may my love for trips live on in my Jeep!!!

ox'

Hello thenami;

While reading about your 40 hour drive, I was thinking about my 43 years of working and what I'm doing today. I'm fully retired from work since 2015, but today am pastoring the church full time. Ironically, I don't have to build up vacation time to take a trip but am mindful of my responsibilities so I cannot just get up and go.

But when I'm able to take off, like I did during my sabbatical, I had this sense of liberation, going to the beach and mountains including a few long drives on California's roads. With God! I have to admit that during my time off I had thoughts of what was painful during the last 9 years, and perhaps it was a time to release my troubles. Still, the time off was breath taking.

I feel that you get more time to travel with your jeep, and was wondering, are you fully retired?

God bless you and your family.

No I am not retired, but I do have my daughter and son in law living with me. They pay the monthly utility bills, and for the majority of the groceries.
It is very helpful for us as a group to survive through the trials and tribulations of ankylosing spondylitis. My youngest has a tougher time than I do.
My savings is dwindling quickly with daily living expenses, home maintenance, taxes, and insurance. So yes I need to get back to work doing anything.
Im not picky, as I have experience first hand what it means to be an aged female employee. Im happy getting out of the house and this juncture, and making ends meet. Im a simple person with simple basic needs. I am truly blessed, for I have traveled extensively throughout the U.S. However I've done it on the cheap. Not everyone would shower at a truck stop, sleep in their truck, eat out of cans, and hand wash/line dry their clothes at a campground. Ive been very fortunate to experience majestic scenery, paint a few water colors, write some poetry, and sit back in awe of GOD's greatness.

but yanno (I say yanno a lot, lol) must be a NYC thing

it truly amazes me how different we all are
as I sit here wondering how much Adam and Eve
could have been alike or so completely different
or why they would ever want to bring sin into the world

deception is a multifaceted tool eh?
as we use it daily through things we think we need
like my closet full of clothes when I want something new
or a bunch of mommentoes and photos I hang onto

I dont actually need much at all
like why do I have two sets of pots and pans
or two sets of china packed up I never see
just because they belonged to my mother

humans are quite vain with their belongings
as I stare at a stack of books I need to give away
cause I already read them and they gather dust
reminding me to flipping clean the garage

so while I sit here in self deception believing
I need all this crap in this house which is full
how much of it actually brings me true happiness?
now thats the question I NEED to ask myself

cleaning a small part of the garage today
I have a heap of things to give away,
now its time for the closet in the hall
I don't every blanket towered tall,

those old towels I can turn into rags
among older sheets I put into bags,
there is too just much stuff I just don't use
in piles of thoughts of don't want to lose,

its now time to send them all on a trip
as one by one many memories drip,
but as human we do gather too much stuff
as I take a breath and let out a huff,

Im fortunate to have all that I need
so why is my home filled with so much greed?
thank you Lord for blessed I truly am
as I pass things on for another fam~

I truly believe my typos are a gift from Jesus, to keep me humble as a way of remembering I will NEVER be perfect.

Mathew 16:23 is speaking to me this wee morning at 6 something am EST.
"Get behind me satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of GOD, but those things that be of men".

It is my duty as his child to remember this and use it regularly to rebuke that evil one, and his minions.

let us not compromise good intentions
with mingling of modern inventions,
let the comfort of God soothe away stress
not tv cool air or comfortable dress,
submit to the holy spirit to heal
with the love of Jesus Christ we do feel,
as cornerstones of humility rise
stand upright in this world a surprise,
while we mediate in the sword of truth
like detectives of salvation's sleuth~

there is nothing like finding a secluded spot
free from the excessive noise of mankind
I once had an American Indian friend
that always said white people talk too much
Im older now so I understand what he meant
most people in general don't know how to listen

comprehension has nothing to do with it
its feeling the earth speak to us through God
he did create the slow hum the soil sings
and evening illumination of endless pines
while the planets buzz bright among crickets
whom play like an expert wood wind section

that is why my preference is solitude
for being one with the word and our Father
is being one with the things He has created
sometimes I wonder about mustard seeds
cause most of us have dont that much faith
I never do see those mountains move

but I do hear our Father in heaven speak to me
in ways too many have forgotten to absorb
like when standing on sharp rocks in ice waters
when he lets me see the raging eyes shine
of a mountain lion on the other side
that did not pounce cause I prayed for safety

and I remember maybe I might have the faith of a mustard seed
I just dont have any need for large heaps of stone to relocate
some might say that is sheer stupidity or luck
however those of us with the gift of the holy spirit know
God hears everything in the name of his Son Jesus Christ
just maybe I choose to listen with less distractions...

Last edited:
like a tree which awakens in the spring
with much sweetest magnolia fragrance,
from my branches songs of increase I bring
with new leaves growing forth their appearance,

in summer I glow bright in the sunshine
baking warm drinking in the quenching rain,
giving shelter for nesting birds not mine
created for God to enjoy his gain,

as autumn pauses the door into fall
and winter blows us a colder greeting,
maybe I hear its now time for a call
to remember a much warmer meeting,

for it does not matter the time of year
to blossom with God's word in our ear~

In reference to my Sept. 7th post~ An over 9 carat diamond was found by an Arkansas native whom has been visiting that park since the second grade. He is now 33, and finally discovered his earthly treasure. Father in the name of your Son Jesus Christ may his soul be saved as there is no treasure greater than the gift of eternal life! Amen~

Back