Animal Heaven

What's your favorite biblical animal?

• Total voters
I am sure that cats can understand all we say and also all we don’t say.
I told my neighbor’s cat yesterday: „Come inside, I will sit with you on the couch and enjoy your purr“.
And he understood: „I will sit with you on the couch and enjoy your purr and after 35 seconds I will let you in my room where you can find dog’s food and eat it.“
The worst of it is that I did let him in the room to eat dog’s food although I was decided not to do it...

I guess it can be debatable whether a cat relly does understand you or whether they just sometimes choose to ignore you. Do you btw know TS Elilliot's take on cat names?

The Naming of Cats is a difficult matter,
It isn't just one of your holiday games;
You may think at first I'm as mad as a hatter
When I tell you, a cat must have THREE DIFFERENT NAMES.
First of all, there's the name that the family use daily,
Such as Peter, Augustus, Alonzo or James,
Such as Victor or Jonathan, George or Bill Bailey—
All of them sensible everyday names.
There are fancier names if you think they sound sweeter,
Some for the gentlemen, some for the dames:
Such as Plato, Admetus, Electra, Demeter—
But all of them sensible everyday names.
But I tell you, a cat needs a name that's particular,
A name that's peculiar, and more dignified,
Else how can he keep up his tail perpendicular,
Or spread out his whiskers, or cherish his pride?
Of names of this kind, I can give you a quorum,
Such as Munkustrap, Quaxo, or Coricopat, Such as Bombalurina, or else Jellylorum-
Names that never belong to more than one cat.
But above and beyond there's still one name left over,
And that is the name that you never will guess;
The name that no human research can discover—
But THE CAT HIMSELF KNOWS, and will never confess.
When you notice a cat in profound meditation,
The reason, I tell you, is always the same:
His mind is engaged in a rapt contemplation
Of the thought, of the thought, of the thought of his name:
His ineffable effable Effanineffable Deep and inscrutable singular Name.​

Tim in his younger days liked to play fetch with a toy mouse or a loop made from a length of pipe cleaner. Much to my wifes annoyance he also enjoyed picking some artificial flowers from a vase and wanting her to play fetch with him......I think he knew he could get a rise out of her that way.
Mandy will not be ignored. If i try to ignore her, she will put her mouth right up to my ear and let me know she is annoyed. Interesting that she knows the ear is the hearing organ, and/or that I suffer from hearing loss.

Interesting that she knows the ear is the hearing organ, and/or that I suffer from hearing loss.

Of ours, Starboard in particular seemed to know. He used to like sleeping on (and when he got the chance, in) my bed. He would wake me up some mornings. His tactic was to purr down my ear hole. An unfortunate thing with Starboard in his later years was that he was a bit of a dribbler. I could wake up to cat drool in my ear!

This subject has come up many times. The only "Biblical" reference (I can think of) is:
Matthew 10:29
29 Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father’s will.

God has gone to great bother populating the world with His creatures and caring for them.
They even have 4 representatives always before God's throne (the 4 marvelous beasts).
I see no reason why He would not keep them all, it's not like He doesn't have the room.

As far as animal intelligence goes, too many researchers measure their intellect by a human yardstick, which I feel is inaccurate and unfair.
My father did a lot of animal research for the military years ago, his point of view was that a dog was about as intelligent as a 5 year old human child. My cat is bright enough, he is also infinitely lazy, motivation is the problem, not brains.
Parrots are as smart as some people I know. Crows and ravens have reasoning intelligence and rudimentary language (there are plenty of articles on this on the net).

Envy all the plants and animals - they all do, naturally, God's will. Except when man messes with them.
My two cats, Maximus Brat and Apache, are young and old, male and female. As they are in my heart, they will go where I go.

Envy all the plants and animals - they all do, naturally, God's will. Except when man messes with them.
My two cats, Maximus Brat and Apache, are young and old, male and female. As they are in my heart, they will go where I go.

I wouldn't say envy but I won't pretend there haven't been times I have wished I'd been born a something else...

Whether they do right or wrong is something maybe something I don't know - a cat can displease me when I see it, well fed, getting a mouse or bird, etc. -They can break my own right and wrongs and sometimes seem to know that but they all seem to exist in their own "animal worlds".

Whatever, their lives seem somehow simpler than ours...

Thankyou @pancakes and @Glomung! I honestly do believe animals go to heaven. I do believe animals have souls and when it comes to humans and animals, God loved the animals too. He only made man so someone could look after them and rule them. But He also made animals to keep the man company. So why not keep man company in Heaven? But it's also just the feeling that they are still alive, for somewhat reason, i just know their in Heaven. Here's a story, my pet Chicken, Pearl, died a while back. My parent's were devastated (to the point they bought another chicken that looked exactly like her and called it "Pearly"), i was sad too. But i wasn't absolutely distraught (i love chickens, they are my family), cause i had this feeling that she was still alive and seemed to be happy where she was. So i do believe animals go to heaven, but i just wanted to know if anyone else thinks so. Cause i have had several people say Heaven's only for humans, but are animals not God's creation too?

Revelation 21:22 "I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple." A lamb is an animal, and it's seated right next to God. Same with Jesus who was human too, at the right hand of the Father Almighty.
185c3fbce675bd462974cfb717fbcb6d.jpg
These quotes stand out to me...
pets.jpg

I just ran across this verse in Psalm 36:6
" Your righteousness is like the great mountains;
Your judgments are a great deep;
O Lord, You preserve man and beast.

I've not read Jesus speaking about swine in that manner
so I suspect it's not about animals being "saved."

As a non-denominational Pastor, it is my belief that we can be fairly certain of the presence of God's animals in Heaven by carefully reading the Old Testament Book of Isaiah. In Isaiah 1:1 (NLT) we read, "1 These are the visions that Isaiah son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem. He saw these visions during the years when Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah were kings of Judah."

The first 39 Chapters of Isaiah are attributed to Isaiah himself, while the rest of the Book was written just a bit later by an unknown author or authors, in the style of Isaiah. The Prophet Isaiah wrote his chapters in the time span of roughly 760 to 713 BC and his visions and prophesy details the manner in which Heaven is now and how it will be after Christ's return.

The Prophesy of Isaiah himself, as found in Chapter 11, tells us of the seed line of David and the eventual arrival of Christ as the Savior. Christ is spoken of only as 'a new Branch from the stump of David' (Branch is capitalized in English as translated as a major descriptor word from the Hebrew). In Chapter 11:1-5, Isaiah tells of the arrival and works of Christ, named only as a shoot from the lineage of David. Starting in verse 6, from the Hebrew, we see mentions of how things will be in Heaven after Christ's arrival. Verses 6 through 8 tells of how every animal will be peaceful in Heaven and there will be no conflict between species as there is currently on earth. In verse 10 we see that Isaiah is telling us that "the heir to David’s throne [*Christ] will will be a banner of salvation to all the world. The nations will rally to him, and the land where he lives will be a glorious place..." ('the land where he lives' in English, is translated from a Hebrew descriptor for a common word usage for 'Heaven'.)

We are shown that animals will live together in Harmony after the return of Christ as shown in this Old Testament Book. Many persons don't bother reading the Old Testament because they have been taught by denominational administrators that nothing in the Old Testament makes a difference these days. I beg to differ. If I had only the Old Testament available to me, I could teach the entire New Testament simply by using the Prophesy contained in Isaiah and a few other Books of the Minor Prophets. When we read the Bible, both Old and New Testaments, we see the life story of the entire family history of Christ... and to me, that complete history is of the utmost importance. Without Old Testament understanding, we may not have a complete picture of God's plan.

May God's blessings of wisdom be with you as you study His entire Word.

Animals are quite intelligent. They don't do calculus because it bores them...like me with football, they'd rather watch paint dry.
I have two cats, one communicates with body language more than vocally, the other is quite vocal and has quite an extensive vocabulary. They also understand relatively complex instructions such as "Tell Mandy to come for her brushing" or "Tell Tim to come for his brushing" and they will go and fetch the other

Yea.....but when a raccoon comes into there porch to eat their food and drink their water, all they do is blink, roll over and go back to sleep.

Back