Apprently, We Weren't Careful Enough. My Wife Is Pregnant Again.

I'm glad you know these verses, now it's time to believe in them and put them to practice and restrain your fears for faith.

As I have said in this thread already, I have intellectual knowledge, but putting them into practice requires me to see it put into practice. That is pretty much the only way that I learn. Reading it, and not seeing it does nothing for me. Especially when it comes to practical advice.

As I have said in this thread already, I have intellectual knowledge, but putting them into practice requires me to see it put into practice. That is pretty much the only way that I learn. Reading it, and not seeing it does nothing for me. Especially when it comes to practical advice.
We all do...

2 Corinthians 13:5 (KJV)
Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

James 1:2-4 (KJV)
My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing [this], that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have [her] perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

She just took the home pregnancy test yesterday, and it came up positive. She is at her doctor's now to confirm.

I am panicking because neither of us wanted a second child because of her health. She didn't want to do any of the birth control because she is on enough medications already, so we were doing the pull out method and only having sex every couple weeks (yes, I know it only takes once). With condoms I took too long, which was difficult for my wife because of her health, so we didn't use them either.

I am terrified of telling my mom and step-dad since they have already threatened that if my wife was to get pregnant again, they would disown me and my wife as well as their grandchildren. We're not sure what her family will say. Her mom kinda laughed when we told her last night night as she lives with us.

I really do not want to lose my family. I am so terrified of this it is starting to make me sick and I only found out last night.
I am assuming you are not a musician, as your timing was off just a little. :) Kids are so cool, I am having a grand daughter in December. I think my wife and I are more excited then my son, and daughter in law.

Well, my mom now knows and she is not happy. My wife actually called to tell her since I was back and forth on calling her. She voiced her opinion when my wife was with me, but a couple days later she voiced her outrage at how stupid I am for getting my wife pregnant again.

Statements such as, "now when she divorces you, you should probably just kill yourself because you won't be able to afford child support for seven kids (five with my ex-girlfriend and soon to be two with my wife)," or that "I will be 50 years old when my youngest is 10 and I will not have patience for him/her."

She literally let me have it. Even now, two weeks after she was told, I am still hearing how wrong I am and that I am stupid for allowing this to happen.

She hasn't disowned us, but I know that I will always hear how wrong and stupid I am for allowing this to happen as I have for my other six children for 14 years since my first was born. She believes that all my children should have been aborted.

I think that maybe I was wrong for posting this thread. It hasn't really helped and is only making things worse. I am not able to do the things that you guys have said. As mentioned, I have intellectual knowledge, but moving that to my heart is near impossible. So it is only making me feel much worse than before I posted.

Well, it was your choice to go public per se.

The real truth here is that you really should have made the proper precautions to make sure your wife did not get pregnant.
SHE, also should have done the same thing. I have been told that sexual activity between males and females can often lead to pregnancies in the female.

Now it is too late. The choice not being made by you has now made the choice for you. It would be my advice to place your wife in God's hands and believe that He will deliver her and the baby. If not, her doctor may at some time advise a termination of the baby because the life of your wife can come into jeopardy. THAT my friend is when the real decisions will have to be made.

Well, it was your choice to go public per se.

The real truth here is that you really should have made the proper precautions to make sure your wife did not get pregnant.
SHE, also should have done the same thing. I have been told that sexual activity between males and females can often lead to pregnancies in the female.

Now it is too late. The choice not being made by you has now made the choice for you. It would be my advice to place your wife in God's hands and believe that He will deliver her and the baby. If not, her doctor may at some time advise a termination of the baby because the life of your wife can come into jeopardy. THAT my friend is when the real decisions will have to be made.

My wife is happy that she is pregnant. She didn't want our daughter to be an only child.

As for going public, I had no other choice. If I waited till my mom noticed my wife getting bigger, it wouldn't have been any better.

As for my wife's health, it's not during the pregnancy necessarily that is the issue, it's afterwards that becomes an issue with her multiple sclerosis. During its generally fine and the is a short of remission from the illness. Some symptoms are still there, but the illness isn't active. Once the baby is delivered, it does come back with a vengeance.

My wife is happy that she is pregnant. She didn't want our daughter to be an only child.

As for going public, I had no other choice. If I waited till my mom noticed my wife getting bigger, it wouldn't have been any better.

As for my wife's health, it's not during the pregnancy necessarily that is the issue, it's afterwards that becomes an issue with her multiple sclerosis. During its generally fine and the is a short of remission from the illness. Some symptoms are still there, but the illness isn't active. Once the baby is delivered, it does come back with a vengeance.

I did not mean "public" as with your family but as to this web site as you said it was a mistake to do so.

It maybe that this is what God wants to be done my brother.

Children are a blessing from the Lord. Not only do I see children as miniature versions of ourselves in the same likeness, and image of both parents, I see another minister of the Gospel which we really need. Sometimes those who are born not your normal way come out as God's way.

1Co 15:8 Last of all, he also appeared to me. I was like someone who wasn't born at the right time or in a normal way.

Paul turned out OK!

My youngest son will be having a Girl in December, and my wife and I just found out 2 days ago my other son is having "twins" in January :) they were not expecting that, and they were not really trying to have another, neither were they not trying. Grandma, and Grandpa are very excited!!!

I did not mean "public" as with your family but as to this web site as you said it was a mistake to do so.

It maybe that this is what God wants to be done my brother.

I will have to read through my replies, because I do not remember saying that I made a mistake posting this.

Children are a blessing from the Lord. Not only do I see children as miniature versions of ourselves in the same likeness, and image of both parents, I see another minister of the Gospel which we really need. Sometimes those who are born not your normal way come out as God's way.

1Co 15:8 Last of all, he also appeared to me. I was like someone who wasn't born at the right time or in a normal way.

Paul turned out OK!

I wish my mom thought the same way.

OK, I did read where I said that I shouldn't have posted. I was at a very low point when I said that.

My depression has been up and down more then usual the past few weeks since we found out that we're expecting. The downs have been deeper than I have ever experienced.

Paul turned out OK!

My youngest son will be having a Girl in December, and my wife and I just found out 2 days ago my other son is having "twins" in January :) they were not expecting that, and they were not really trying to have another, neither were they not trying. Grandma, and Grandpa are very excited!!!

I am happy that you and your wife are excited. My mom has never been excited for any of my children and had only wished that they were aborted.

I am happy that you and your wife are excited. My mom has never been excited for any of my children and had only wished that they were aborted.

She must have had a bad experience somewhere in her life over kids.
Thank God she had you.

She must have had a bad experience somewhere in her life over kids.
Thank God she had you.

As she gets older she seems to be getting more bitter.

As for a bad experience, she is fine with everyone else's kids. It's my own she has a problem with. For that I go back to what I said earlier in the thread, it is always money with mom. If my wife and I divorce, my wife has already said she will seek the maximum amount she can get for child support.

So for my mom it's a money issue.

Last edited:
That is very sad, but it is not uncommon. My Mother never really liked my wife. It was always a struggle when visiting my family, which is why we did not go every often. The Bible tells us these things would happen as a Christian.

Luke 12:53 The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

Hold fast to your faith in the Lord and he will see you through, never give up.

I'm really sorry that you aren't getting the support from your mom, but you wife, your daughter, and you're unborn child are your family. Your mom and choose to offer moral support or not, but it doesn't matter what she thinks.

A brand new life was created, and it's a gift from God. You should love your mom, but do not give a damn if she is against a new life. It is not her choice nor is it her child.

YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, the OP made me smile BIG TIME!

Hey naomanos, you might be able to relate to some of what I've experienced.

I was a self-made rich man, an entrepreneur, a very successful businessman -- a selfish pig, living the selfish life, unmarried, until age 45! And then God...

I went through the whole peer pressure, conditioned thing:

LIE #1: Be sure to stay childless for the first couple years of marriage, because the two of us wanna have some fun first.
TRUTH: The FUN is in bringing a child into your life! It doesn't get any better in this sick world than holding a newborn in your arms! They (and we) are created in God's image! OF COURSE Satan lies to you about this!

LIE #1: It's ok to use BC (birth control).
TRUTH: Those who use BC are also selfish jerks. Using BC is a mockery of God's purpose for putting you and her together in the first instance. We won't get into the abortion-factor connected with BC, but trying to prevent a birth, via WHATEVER method, is not your decision to make. You chose to get married, to become one flesh with her; accept the responsibility of your HIGH CALLING as a minister, a priest of your home. The deal is done, now ENJOY THE BENEFITS i.e. children!

LIE #2: Be sure to have no more than 2 children (or even less), because everyone else will look down on you as being irresponsible and your lifestyle as unsustainable.
TRUTH: God tells us to 'be fruitful and multiply,' and "blessed is the man whose quiver is full of children." Did you get that??? A quiver holds arrows, and it's your privilege to raise up Godly seed that you will then fire out into the world as light-bearing witnesses for the King. "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." GOD PROMISES YOU WILL BE BLESSED WHEN YOU HAVE CHILDREN -- AND THE MORE ARROWS, THE MORE BLESSINGS FOR YOU!

LIE #3: Be sure to have lots of money saved up first, because raising children costs a lot.
TRUTH: There's no faith in trying to hedge your bets. Rather, 'Give no thought for tomorrow, for your food or clothing, because the evil of today is enough already. God knows you have need of these things, and he will provide.' STEP OUT IN FAITH, BROTHER, AND GOD WILL PROVIDE! You have his word on it!

I have three daughters and a wife 20 years younger than me. Every time I come through the door, I get LOVE BOMBED by four females! God KNEW I needed that, and he has provided that! I AM BLESSED. It's your turn now.

You say you trust the Lord; do you? It's time to walk the talk, brother. Check out the walk of faith laid out before you. Step out in that walk and HAVE MAX FUN, dad!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ok, I had to come back to this post, because the Lord put it on me to do so.

This is a testimony.

My wife and I did not want to have children the first year or so, because we wanted to do our own thing first (which frequenly involved bedroom fun, of course).

We would never use birth control pills (we had thoroughly researched the wicked things), so that did not leave us a lot of options! We tried EVERYTHING except the pill.

One day (one year into our marriage), in the bedroom, we just got sick and tired of being sick and tired over this "trying to prevent pregnancy" thing. Immediately, conviction fell on me heavily. I sprang out of bed, called my wife to join me at the foot of the bed, we got down on our knees and I repented to the Lord for trying to manipulate our reproductive future. I hadn't even gotten the "amen" out of my mouth yet when instantly the room became visibly brighter. It was almost as if a light switch had been thrown on (and it was not yet night time). I did not know it then, but I was since shown the following: Because I had been operating in self-will with this BC issue (rather than in God's will), I had given a devil a LEGAL RIGHT to access my/our life. When that light shone in the room, I felt a weight being removed from my back. It was as if I had unknowingly been carrying a 10kg/25lbs backpack and it had just been taken off me!

When I repented, that particular devil no longer had a right to operate in my life. So that devil had to leave -- it's kingdom law! At that moment, my wife and I agreed that we would NEVER AGAIN attempt to push our own will over God's will for us. TWO WEEKS LATER, my wife was pregnant with our first! THANK YOU, LORD!

This is a part of spiritual warfare. The battle is real, brother, and God wants you to be VICTORIOUS!

Last edited:
Wow... This is CRAZY..... Blaming YOU for having a child in wedlock.....

So... First and foremost - Children are a BLESSING from the Lord!
You didn't make a "Mistake"....
Remember this.

God has BLESSED you with a pregnant wife... It is NOT a curse!
Be happy. Be Thankful. For whatever reason - God has decided to bless you....

So...

Treat it as such. Be open and honest with those relatives....
Don't try to hide it....
Do NOT act foolishly in an attempt to keep RELATIVES happy....
The Command is that you LEAVE your father and mother and CLEAVE to your wife/husband....
It's not the other way around... You don't cleave to your Wife's or Husband's family....

So... Get a good high risk pregnancy doctor...
Pray Hard for God's full blessings in this situation.

Thanks

Back