Are These Types Of Shirts Modest? (please Answer Asap Guys!)

Recently, God has been working on modesty with me. I am trying to be more modest and have a question about a type of shirt. I bought a shirt on a whim and now am wondering if it is modest. It looks fine to me but I could understand how guys might not think so. It is those see-through type of shirts that are meant to be worn with a tank top. I have a fully covering tank top that will cover everything up completely.

It is similar to this shirt:
http://www.forever21.com/Product/Pr...ondown-shirts&ProductID=2019570971&VariantID=

Please answer because I am thinking about wearing it tomorrow! Thanks :)

Well Kayla, here's the thing-what we call 'modest' and what God would call 'modest' are usually 2 different things.

If your age is correct on your profile (16); I could tell you that I would not let my daughter wear that to Church-or ever for that matter-but then again-I am a bit 'old fashioned' and 'fundamental'-which means I believe what the Word of God says over fashion and custom/ culture.

You have to make a heart decision on things like this. If you want to attract a Godly husband-present yourself as a Godly wife-BEFORE marriage and physical activity (You know-the "S" word) ;)

Could you clarify what you mean by "I am a bit 'old fashioned' and 'fundamental'-which means I believe what the Word of God says over fashion and custom/ culture."?

Well Kayla, here's the thing-what we call 'modest' and what God would call 'modest' are usually 2 different things.

If your age is correct on your profile (16); I could tell you that I would not let my daughter wear that to Church-or ever for that matter-but then again-I am a bit 'old fashioned' and 'fundamental'-which means I believe what the Word of God says over fashion and custom/ culture.

You have to make a heart decision on things like this. If you want to attract a Godly husband-present yourself as a Godly wife-BEFORE marriage and physical activity (You know-the "S" word) ;)
How is the weather up there on Wolverton mountain Dirty?:whistle:

Recently, God has been working on modesty with me. I am trying to be more modest and have a question about a type of shirt. I bought a shirt on a whim and now am wondering if it is modest. It looks fine to me but I could understand how guys might not think so. It is those see-through type of shirts that are meant to be worn with a tank top. I have a fully covering tank top that will cover everything up completely.

It is similar to this shirt:
http://www.forever21.com/Product/Pr...ondown-shirts&ProductID=2019570971&VariantID=

Please answer because I am thinking about wearing it tomorrow! Thanks :)
The top is fine Kayla.

Could you clarify what you mean by "I am a bit 'old fashioned' and 'fundamental'-which means I believe what the Word of God says over fashion and custom/ culture."?

Well-will it do me any good to throw a bunch of scripture at you? Are you seeking truth or acceptance?

The reality is-it is up to you to decide. If your folks don't have a problem with it-well that's between you and them and God.

Do you want to be a Lady-woman seeking after God's own heart-or do you seek the affection of eye pleasing men?

No matter what I say-the decision truly is up to you....

In certain circles....that top is perfectly acceptable....in others it is not....

BTW: Keep in mind-Calvin is apparently impervious to the physical attractiveness of young women-therefore everything is pretty much okay with him...

Am I lying Calvin?

The top is fine Kayla.

I on the other hand think of what will I say to the Lord when I am accountable for the upbringing of my own daughter....

Well-will it do me any good to throw a bunch of scripture at you? Are you seeking truth or acceptance?
Im not seeking acceptance. I really don't know what you mean. Bible verses are fine with me.

BTW: Keep in mind-Calvin is apparently impervious to the physical attractiveness of young women-therefore everything is pretty much okay with him...
What does impervious mean? lol :p

im·per·vi·ous

/imˈpərvēəs/
Adjective
  1. Not allowing something to pass through; not penetrable.
  2. Unable to be affected by: "impervious to the heat".

Look-I am old enough to be your Dad-so it's a touchy subject for me to talk to you as a minor #1 and not any sort of relative #2 and as a member of the opposite sex #3.

My best advice would be this: fellowship with Bible believing elder ladies and SUCCESSFULLY married women (10+ years of marriage). Seek answers from your parents and Pastor.

Talking about modesty is a small detail in the grande scheme of your relationship with Jesus Christ. So the first thing I would have to ask you to get into an in depth discussion is this: Do know Jesus Christ as your personal Savior? Do you understand the Gospel message?

My assumption is; having come to CFS you do and are 'saved'...

Do know Jesus Christ as your personal Savior? Do you understand the Gospel message?
Oh, definitely. I repented for 2 years ago. It's just that modesty is a recent thing that has come up in my spiritual life...

Oh so you mean he can deal with temptation well?

Well probably better than I -my Brother Calvin- I should say Elder Calvin-I do believe is old enough to be my dad-your grandpa....He has a lot more experience knowledge and self-control than a man my age -or 100 times that as a boy your age...

Teenage boys have no brains by the way-BEWARE! I know-I was one once! :D

Oh, definitely. I repented for 2 years ago. It's just that modesty is a recent thing that has come up in my spiritual life...

I believe the Bible to be truth, I believe if we follow God's plan-life is much better. The problem is; when I was your age-nobody taught me God's plan for my life and I went and squandered my youth with lots of 'feel good' sin until I was 30 years old-then I got saved and I am reaping the harvest I sowed while I was an unbeliever and backslidin for a while.

Can you clarify "I repented for 2 years ago" ?

Well I was your average teenager- obsessed with beauty and being cool. Then I repented in church and everything changed. I grew up in a Christian family so I always knew about Jesus but I didn't have a personal relationship with Him yet. But after that night I felt the relationship, it was a completely new and amazing feeling. :) I'm a much different person now and I know God has been working in me.

You should talk to Katie-she is a moderator on here. Her tag is 'xspinningisfun'. She is busy lately-hopefully she will catch this conversation.

Back