Are we saved by Grace alone thru faith alone?

I for one believe that any Trinitarian Baptism applies the blessings promised in scripture. To me, since water baptism has not salvation in it, then The amount of water simply isn’t the issue, to me. The real flaw here is that so many see Baptism as Law instead of Gospel.

When those people place some intrinsic value in "water" for salvation, they have in effect said that "water" has more saving power than the shed BLOOD of God.

A man who is saved on the battlefield by accepting Christ and dies before he is made wet by water is just as saved as the man who is drowned in the ocean after coming to Christ.

Many very sick and elderly who could not walk, much less be immersed in water, were sprinkled and that means just as much as being in a swimming pool.
what cleansed their sins and got them to heaven was the shed blood of Jesus for their sins, not the water!

what cleansed their sins and got them to heaven was the shed blood of Jesus for their sins, not the water!
i think most will agree the doctrine of the shedding of Blood . while i am not going continue the discussion. i fully agree on immersion for baptism . while there might be some circumstances a person can not be fully submerged. due to health issues . nor do i think a person is not saved being sprinkled . there are far to many doctrinal issues that are not Bible .that needs addressed . my self i preach a know so salvation a banner at the Church i pastor reads . if your 99% saved your %100 lost

Are we saved by Grace alone thru faith alone?​

Seems to me I once heard a saying that 'we are saved by grace alone through faith alone on account of Christ alone for the glory of God alone'. But then again...

i think most will agree the doctrine of the shedding of Blood . while i am not going continue the discussion. i fully agree on immersion for baptism . while there might be some circumstances a person can not be fully submerged. due to health issues . nor do i think a person is not saved being sprinkled . there are far to many doctrinal issues that are not Bible .that needs addressed . my self i preach a know so salvation a banner at the Church i pastor reads . if your 99% saved your %100 lost

Agreed.

Agreed.

Faith in Christ saves on the inside.

Water baptism gets you wet on the outside.
Yup. I was Born again on a Wednesday night, infilled with the Hooly Spirit, Changed, and Cleansed of my SIN.
The Following Sunday night, I was Baptised by immersion in the three titles, and the only thing that changed was my wet clothes.

being a Reformed Baptist, just wonder at times though if we are not receiving the full blessings God has for us when receiving water baptism and communion once saved! As we tend to see that in purely symbolic ways!
Don't the Ref Baptists call them 'Ordinances'. Out of curiosity, what's an ordinance?

Gee, I didn't think Baptists held to the concept of Sacraments. Major ?
my 2 cwnts if its Bible do it. stop worry if baptist or another denom has as ordnance. personally i hold to foot washing services , it seems to be slowly fading away . Jesus left us a example of many thing. we hardly follow them 14 “If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet. 15 For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you. 16 Most assuredly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master; nor is he who is sent greater than he who sent him. 17 If you know these things, blessed are you if you do them.” i often feel were to concerned about the other churches as per what they do

A sacrament supposedly confers grace through a priest. I just didn’t think Baptists were into sacerdotalism.
when the term sacraments is used . my thoughts follow up with communion .the only priest is the High priest Jesus that is bare knuckles Baptist Grace comes through what Jesus did for us. .i dont go into technical terms that is the reason i replied i really dont know where or how the c.c comes up with some of there doctrine . the more i real and listen to folks i find there is lots of 40th and plumb beliefs/ 40 miles plum from no where. i call it left field theology

Back