Are Women Pastors Biblical???

Lets encourage each other to pray for other Christian sites who struggle with strife. At Christian Forum Site, we have had our share of men and women who either withdrew from our fellowship or were banned. For that alone, I cannot praise God enough for His presence at Christian Forum Site. The members and staff cannot take the place of judge and jury, so we rely on the prompting of the Holy Spirit and God's lead on who gets banned or those who are free to leave.

I personally find more joy, learning from my brothers and sisters who fellowship here. Why? Because God is revealing those, whether a new or seasoned believer, who are indwelt in their serious prayer life and study of the Word. It is true that an intimate relationship with Jesus daily will fill us with wisdom and trust in our God who went to the cross for us.

So before I log on, I say a short pray and cannot express how many times someone in our family at Christian Forum Site will post something so profound that will witness and minister to me. When another posts something that will indicate more prayer is needed in their discipling, this includes all of us! But it's good to know we can feel loved, accepted and safe to express how we feel here, even the times when we may be incorrect with the Scriptures or life experiences, God's Word says there are times when we need to be corrected or rebuked if disagreements escalate.

Thank you, everyone, for blessing each other with your threads and posts. Keep Writing!

Bob, Thank you for that awesome post!! Please know that being one of the most recent newcomers here, I
desire to edify-- even though my upbringing was far from such!
It is people like you that honor and glorify God and remind me that Jesus Christ has brought me a long way from where I began my young life and will complete His work in me. So, I appreciate the Staff and members here who bear with me in the patience and love of Jesus.

Bob, Thank you for that awesome post!! Please know that being one of the most recent newcomers here, I
desire to edify-- even though my upbringing was far from such! It is people like you that honor and glorify God and remind me that Jesus Christ has brought me a long way from where I began my young life and will complete His work in me. So, I appreciate the Staff and members here who bear with me in the patience and love of Jesus.

Hello Blest;

When you served as a nun, did the church send you overseas on short term or long term missions? Was this a requirement?

Hello Blest;

When you served as a nun, did the church send you overseas on short term or long term missions? Was this a requirement?
Bob,
To answer your above question, missions was not a part of that order. I was in a teaching order where I would eventually be in the classroom of a Catholic school. My name after taking temporary vows was Sister Mary Bernadine. Before I made final vows, I decided to leave as I could no longer honor God in something that my mom had chosen for me to do the rest of my life. In other words, I was honoring mom but not God's will for me. I was definitely chosen by God to be a mom. I was finally at peace with my calling. Never looked back or regretted it. (even though mom said I was bound for hell because of my decision).

desire to edify-- even though my upbringing was far from such!
It is people like you that honor and glorify God and remind me that Jesus Christ has brought me a long way from where I began my young life and will complete His work in me. So, I appreciate the Staff and members here who bear with me in the patience and love of Jesus.

I'm also new as Bob reminded me ever so recently. My time here has felt longer I believe mostly because this is a warm place and I already feel at home with a supportive family.

My upbringing was not Catholic but many would call it a cult background.

cp

Oh--okay--I think its leader was "Armstrong'. Correct me if I am wrong?
I was Catholic by birth but now I am non-denom.
A child of God and a scripture "thumper" of sorts.

Yes Hebert W Armstrong was the leader.

I'm also non-denominational.

cp

I am so very glad that you have come out of that situation! Really!

There was good and bad. I learned from the experience which I believe in my heart was the reason God allowed it. God works with each of us in the way he knows best.

The legalism and far to great emphasis on prophecy where some of the first things I learned to let go.

cp

Back