Ask and it shall be given

Lanolin let me ask you a few things.
1. Why do you feel your boss is evil?
2. How do you feel towards your boss?
3. What thoughts do you have when you see or think of your boss?

Thank You
1. Because he says things he doesnt mean.
2. I feel like I cant trust him.
3. When I see or think of him, the thoughts, well, I pray for him before I see him, and when I see him, I just have to do what he says and not think at all, cos I dont really get paid enough to think. Im like a puppet. He just gets me to do all the work while hes on the phone or not doing anything. He wont get his hands dirty just walks around barking orders.

Ok 1. He says he likes the old people and be nice to their face but then behind their back he will mock them and curse them. And also, he promises them things but then doesnt deliver them.

And he thinks thats funny. Personally I think that is wrong and rude.
One thing that he promised to us workers, but then didnt do was a work trip, and then he tried to wangle his way out of it by saying he didnt have time to organise it. He had been talking about it months before and gave us the impression it was going to go ahead. It was his idea. But then he said he was going on it anyway without us. Well why talk about it when you dont actually intend to take us?

Good news we all had a meeting with the manager and my boss was forced to spend proper time training me, which includes TIME working with me showing me how to do things with CLEAR instructions so I will not get confused. And I reckon he now knows if he continues to act like a bully it will not work.

Good news we all had a meeting with the manager and my boss was forced to spend proper time training me, which includes TIME working with me showing me how to do things with CLEAR instructions so I will not get confused. And I reckon he now knows if he continues to act like a bully it will not work.

Praise God Lanolin that is AWESOME. God is an awesome God.
That's why I had said earlier are you sure that is God's will for you to quit......

When we get hit with stuff and it just seems to keep getting worse......that's the time to dig in and stay planted in the word of God.

Your getting close to your answer and your enemy is pushing harder to get you to give up and walk away.

Good job standing your Ground.
Blessings

I still dont know what to do.
I was given this work improvement thing BUT and I was told another thing which seems to be a double standard. Plus they say they can dismiss me if I dont meet these standards. But I have pointed out the double standard. And said if you want me to meet these standards its up to you to show me what that means. But thing is this manager I have has no clue. Because he doesnt know anything about gardens. He told me so in the job interview. And he promised things but never followed through, and now says if he shows me the standards I will get confused. Everyone is fed up with him and heaps of people have quit.
Then the team leader, who is also the one whos my immediate boss, was starting to be all picky. But the other team leader, whos like his rival, is trying to manipulate it so that I will give in and quit. Arrgh.

If i didnt do this job would just do my own thing but then have no income. What do I do. PRoverbs 26:2 come to mind but i just had a week off. Do I just wait to they be the ones to fire me on a flimsy excuse for not meeting an arbitrary standard within an arbitrary timeframe or I leave. What is better?

Hello Lanolin, nice to meet you. I can relate to what you are going through.. many years I was having an horrendous time at a workplace. It went on for a long time. I never stopped praying about it. Things got so bad I felt I was near to a nervous breakdown
I wrote a verse from the bible 'With God all things are possible.' Whenever I felt near breaking point I slipped the pics of paper out of my pocket and read it. It was amazing how that helped me to cope.
I prayed for each individual concerned and asked for God's help too. It took a long time to change but eventually did.i worked there for 18 years and when I decided to leave, I knew I would miss them. Don't stop praying. I will pray for you too.

Double standards.

Indeed: Private companies, Government institutions: indeed have double standards, in fact, I think, even multiple standards of what is right and what is wrong.

I think: Christians are more predictable: we follow set of standards of Christian’s moral values.

there many choices to choose a color of the car, a car is a big purchase, and a color is important.
Red, black or white.
I chose white: because it is more energy efficient: white reflects the sun rays/absorb less hear, thus the AC unit is more efficient.
Oh, you should bought a red one or a blue one: it can waver or there can be what so called a “buyer’s regret” if one’s decision is not based on steadfast, unwavering Principles.
I have no regret to chose white: it is based on sound Principles… indeed: one can chose the other: but if it is based on sound Principle: there is no reason to regret.

Christians are more predictable than the worldly: we follow certain standards that are steadfast and unwavering: Love, Peace, and Hope: it is not dependent on what other people see’s it, it depends on how our Lord see’s our action.

People in the corporate world indeed follow double even multiple standards:

Individually: it may be based on the company’s interest or most of the time one’s individual interest: savings one’s __ or just making the boss happy, etc.

As St. Thomas Aquinas (my background is/was Catholic): we “sanctify” our work: as we work FOR GOD and not FOR MAN.

Related bible verse:

Colossians 3:22-24
COL 3:22 Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God;
COL 3:23 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;
COL 3:24 Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

Last edited:
I have been pondering this and thinking how when we ask God anything in Jesus name it will be given to us.

But many times we might ask other people things we get snubbed, fobbed off, not given a straight answer or the door shut in our face. Or we get our head bitten off for asking so we learn not to ask. Then theres the 'just do it' thinking where, since theres nobody around to ask, we end up just doing it all ourselves.

Matthew 7:9-10 goes on to say 'of what man is there of you, whom if his son ask for bread, will he give him a stone? Or if he ask for a fish, will he give him a serpent?

Notice its bread and fish which Jesus asked God to provided for miraculously the 5000, He didnt give everyone stones and serpents.
But how often do we experience asking for something and receiving stones and serpents instead of bread and fish, and if we do, what kind of person or father is this???

When Jesus was in the wilderness for 40 days, and he was hungry he was actually offered stones to eat. The devil tried to convince him that he could turn those stones into bread.
I dont know about the fish and serpent exchange, but I think I can relate to having my head bitten of for just asking a question. Am I asking the wrong person, or shall I keep asking. Because if say my own dad gave me a serpent instead of a fish that I had asked him for, I would think he either has to be joking, or he misheard me, or something must be really wrong?!

What do you think? Are there ever times when someone would deliberately shortchange or rip someone off, because I see it in the business world a lot and wondering if I should say anything or maybe just leave. Sorry if this doesnt make sense (it doesnt to me either) but Im just experiencing something in my workplace thats kind of like this and its bothering me.
My personal response in a situation like that would be to put the situation in God's hands (I mean say something to indicate that, with faith that He'll move in the situation to make some good of it), and also to ask Him to reveal the deceptions.

Thanks for your responses saints will keep praying I have been in this job for about 15 months now I dont know if I can stick it out for years and years with the current management. I always remember I am free In Christ not a slave to anybody and that I serve the Lord only of my own free will.

Maybe with the 'im going to turn stones into bread' ploy the devil tried to tempt Jesus said and Jesus basically just told him you have got to be kidding, I will just say you aint fooling me with your double standards. But I know that with my real boss (God almighty) that whatever I ask for will be given since my earthly bosses just want to trick me into slaving for them. I have talked to others and they say its a power/control thing.

It seems some men have no concept of equality. They would rather you work beneath them then beside them.

Reactions: Ell
Maybe with the 'im going to turn stones into bread' ploy the devil tried to tempt Jesus said and Jesus basically just told him you have got to be kidding, I will just say you aint fooling me with your double standards. But I know that with my real boss (God almighty) that whatever I ask for will be given since my earthly bosses just want to trick me into slaving for them. I have talked to others and they say its a power/control thing.

1. devil used scripture against Jesus.
Jesus replied with Scripture or rather what is written. That's the key here, using God's Written Word.

Yes scripture tells us what ever we ask for - one needs to understand that this scripture is not a stand alone scripture and we can ask God anything we desire and He will do it or give it to us.

How your employers treat you in your eyes is one matter and then there is how you treat them and your duties.

Far to many times it's our own attitudes that are causing the problem and God won't change others but is wanting to deal with us.
Until we change our attitudes nothing will really ever change.

The key in these type of situations is to allow God to show us where we are needing to change and not others.

Blessings

I treat them with kindness yet they treat me with abuse. I just wonder how long the abuse will continue, thats all.
My kindnesss is not going to change, thats always going to be from God, I wont stoop to their level and swear and curse everyone out.

I treat them with kindness yet they treat me with abuse. I just wonder how long the abuse will continue, thats all.
My kindnesss is not going to change, thats always going to be from God, I wont stoop to their level and swear and curse everyone out.

Abuse?
So you are a yes sir type and sing your way through work?

I need a scripture to fight the devil. i once told one of my team leaders in another job about Martha and Mary. What happend was he tried to stop the bible being read in the library. Apparently you are allowed to read any other book out loud but not the Bible. We asked and he forbad it. He, like Martha was worried about many things, but he could never take away what was most important, learning from Jesus. We read the Bible anyway, I did it outside of my work time in the library and they couldnt stop us. The team leader ended up retiring.
Small victories, this bible reading group carried on for a year and read nearly all the new testament. We got people joining in from all over.

Abuse?
So you are a yes sir type and sing your way through work?
Fcj I am not allowed to print the type of language they use here, or the contempt and malice with which it is used.
Um,,,many workers actually do plug into their headphones at work. i just make melody in my head, and sing spiritual songs it keeps me going.

Fcj I am not allowed to print the type of language they use here, or the contempt and malice with which it is used.
Um,,,many workers actually do plug into their headphones at work. i just make melody in my head, and sing spiritual songs it keeps me going.
So because they cuss you feel they are abusive?
Did you cuss before you were saved?

Hello Lanolin, nice to meet you. I can relate to what you are going through.. many years I was having an horrendous time at a workplace. It went on for a long time. I never stopped praying about it. Things got so bad I felt I was near to a nervous breakdown
I wrote a verse from the bible 'With God all things are possible.' Whenever I felt near breaking point I slipped the pics of paper out of my pocket and read it. It was amazing how that helped me to cope.
I prayed for each individual concerned and asked for God's help too. It took a long time to change but eventually did.i worked there for 18 years and when I decided to leave, I knew I would miss them. Don't stop praying. I will pray for you too.
Thanks for your kind words and encouragement. You must have had a lot of patience (longsffering) in that workplace.
I have this song I learnt in church that I really like. Its called 'nothing is impossible'.

Through you, I can do anything
I can do all things
For its you who gives me strength
Nothing is impossible!

Through you, blind eyes are opened
Strongholds are broken
I am living by faith
Nothing is impossible!

Back