Automatic Promises and life is fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know these are long, but they must be explained thoroughly or someone will hijack the discussion down a rabbit trail and the goal "What are the promises of God" will be lost.
Nah ------ This is my thread - rofl - we have the means to deal with those hi-jackers. lol
We are BLESSED so lets act like it
Jim
sherif10.gif

So you don't pray "for" healing, you declare healing. In fact that's the word letter-meanings for the word heal (רפה) - man, speaks, revelation. When you see yourself whole, you feel yourself whole, you speak yourself whole, that's what faith is. It's seeing the unseen in persuaded belief it's true.

Whoohoo! Good one, Abdicate!

Miracles are not for the deserving. Miracles are for the believing.

Amen!!

Ok, so faith is not about the future, it's about what's already been accomplished by the Lord Jesus on the cross. So many wait on God to "do" something because of our prayer life and we say so in "faith" but in reality, that's not the meaning of faith. Therefore we live in a delusion and then what we prayed for doesn't come about. Faith is about trusting God and what He's already done - which is everything. In the third law of Newton it states that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. This is the very thing that God made in Gen 1:1, polarity, plus and minus, light and darkness. When you push at the good the negative reacts and vice versa. This is the same with faith. When you focus on your problem, say health, and you pray "for" healing, you're actually pulling the declared sickness to you by giving it your focus. Thoughts, emotions and feelings must be harmonious in order to see the unseen. So you don't pray "for" healing, you declare healing. In fact that's the word letter-meanings for the word heal (רפה) - man, speaks, revelation. When you see yourself whole, you feel yourself whole, you speak yourself whole, that's what faith is. It's seeing the unseen in persuaded belief it's true.

Intuition is that message from your heart that you'll get through this with certainty by God's help. You don't understand it, but you believe it. The very fabric of our being, in every cell, we are connected to God by the breath He blew into Adam! And the "glue" that holds all the atoms in the universe together is Jesus, Col 1:17!

Hebrews 11:1 Amplified Bible (AMP)
Now faith is the assurance (the confirmation, [a]the title deed) of the things [we] hope for, being the proof of things [we] do not see and the conviction of their reality [faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses].
Faith is going to take these invisible things and make them manifest in the physical. Faith is the substructure for these invisible things to become visible. Faith is going to become the absolute proof that the invisible things are going to become visible. For instance, when you want to buy property from someone, you can't just walk in and take it over. You have to have the right to do that. So you go through the buying process and at the courthouse you get the title deed to the property. Now, you have the right to go in and do as you please. This title deed is this Greek word for substance. Faith starts out as an intuition that something will happen to make this event turn out better.

Once faith becomes real, you get the proof of ownership.

As soon as faith becomes alive in you, there's no doubt what the outcome will be. Your faith cannot make it work from someone else. They must use their own faith. Your faith can be a catalyst for their faith, but even Jesus repeatedly said "Your faith has made you whole."

Faith is the proof of ownership for that which has been done of an accomplished fact. Faith is NOT about the future. Faith is about an accomplished fact.

Matthew 18:18 Amplified Bible (AMP)
Truly I tell you, whatever you forbid and declare to be improper and unlawful on earth must be what is already forbidden in heaven, and whatever you permit and declare proper and lawful on earth must be what is already permitted in heaven.​

What God has already declared isn't going to happen automatically (His will is that none perish - but people still go to hell.) What is lawful in heaven must be declared so on earth. What is unlawful in heaven must be declared so on earth.

Galatians 3:13 (KJV)
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed [is] every one that hangeth on a tree:​

Our wrong thinking is: if this happened - Jesus being made a curse for us - then it should be done automatically. And if we see it doesn't happen automatically, then we think "oh, there's sin in my life", but we all have sin in our lives and always will. We'll always be struggling against the fallen nature, period.

We have to live worthy of our calling. We're qualified because we're in Jesus not because we've done something to be deserving. Otherwise it won't be grace but works. The question isn't "what's God going to do" but "what am I going to do". We need to declare that the sickness has no right to be there according to Isaiah 53:5 and 1 Peter 2:14:

Isaiah 53:5 (KJV)
But he [was] wounded for our transgressions, [he was] bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace [was] upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.​

1 Peter 2:24 (KJV)
Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.​

Jesus never said poverty or sicken wouldn't come, just that it didn't have a right to be there, Mat 18:18. The question then is, since these are accomplished facts, am I going to permit it!? Am I going to allow this curse to be active in my life and I'm going to be passive about it? Or am I going to do something? Faith is the title deed to that which is already accomplished. If you have the absolute ownership of this, then if I'm fully persuaded, if I'm immovable, then the invisible things are becoming visible - not "real" - visible. It's already real. We just have to have faith on the already accomplished deed to allow it to become manifest in the physical! I don't need a healing to become real, I need it to become tangible. Faith is being immovable about the things that have already been accomplished. The title deed on the property in question: health, finances, etc. We hope for health, we hope for better finances, we hope for ____. Faith takes what's already accomplished by the promises of God for us, and allows those unseen hoped-for things to become tangible in our lives.

Hope without faith is like a sailboat without wind. Hope is the expectation of good, the joyful and confident expectation of something. Once I take ownership of a promise, then the hope is no longer a torment - the candy behind the glass, taunting you, Pro 13:12. Once I take ownership of the title deed (faith), then with joy and confidence I take possession of the thing hoped for! Now you can understand Romans 5:1-3

Romans 5:1-3 (KJV)
Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only [so], but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;​

Renew our minds of the nine virtues of the Spirit.

2 Peter 1:5-8 (KJV)
And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. For if these things be in you, and abound, they make [you that ye shall] neither [be] barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.​

With hope, from these verses, we'll begin to look for, with great confidence, the good things of God in our lives with faith! With this hope we will show our faith, our beliefs to those who question.

1 Peter 3:15 (KJV)
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and [be] ready always to [give] an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:​

Living these nine virtues build up the hope, and your life will reflect the positive love of God in all situation. Now you have that peace that passes all understanding because you have hope. Joyful expectation of good from the Father Who gives good and perfect gifts, James 1:17!

Faith is the being absolute sure, fully persuaded, immovable, about these things that have already been accomplished that you are confidently expecting!

Brother Abdicate seeing how I am such good friends with the OP I am going to take the liberty of taking this thread in several directions.
1 Staying with faith ( keep posting brother )
2 Promises of God
3 Words and how they are connected to Faith.

Why ? because God has me buried in two directions and it seems He is going to keep me in these two area's for awhile. One area is Romans chapter 5 and cahpters 6-8
the other is words.........

So I will be adding to your post or lets say filling them with truth that MUST be learned if you ever want to see your Faith productive and your life change. I know you are growing in this area and it is amazing watching this, however far to many seem to think words are just words and mean nothing. They believe you can say what ever you want and it does not matter or they feel it is just important to not say the bad words or crtuel things to people.

Well bad words is a good way to look at it HOWEVER the worldy view of bad words and Gods idea of bad words are two totally different aspects and need to be taught.
So I just wanted to share this with you as a heads up for I have decided to bring all this into this thread and not create three different threads.

So again Thank you for what you bring to the table and remember - we must eat every day. Hint - Hint
God Bless
Jim

2 Corinthians 1:20 (KJV)
For all the promises of God in him [are] yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.​
Yes amen, now we just need to discern what are the promises of God in Him.

Try and picture God as the earthly father of your wife. When you marry her you receive all she has. You do not receive what the father gave to his other daughters.

There are 1. promises of God to mankind. 2. Promises of God to the Jews. 3. Promises of God to Christians.

Now what infuriates me on this discussion is that many Christians who claim the promises to the Jews are theirs do not grasp how carnal the Jews were in their dealings with God.

Paul was clear to the Jews that they should move on. To a better, new covenant.

You can be a Christian and still liaise with God as the Jews did. Just like my wife can still be my housecleaner and demand I pay her for it. But it is sad to see. I would think if my wife loved me she would move on and grasp what marriage is all about.

God is now our Father, not our sugar-daddy. Not our boss. Not our employer.

Promises of God to mankind: Eternal life if we accept Jesus. Misery for those who reject Jesus.

Promises of God to the Jews: Land of milk and honey. Appropriate punishment if they disobey the law. Great carnal blessings if they obey the law.

Promises of God to Christians: The Comforter. Enter into eternal life now. Touching Jesus. Persecution for His names sake. Trial and tribulations. Reigning with Jesus and receiving rewards in heaven.

Differences between a Christian and a Jew: A Christian is like a high priest that can hear directly from God. There is nothing holding God back from giving a Christian anything as they are 100% worthy in His presence. Their prayer requests hit His heart and ears immediately. God had to tell Jews to test Him, because apart from hearing what He had to say via prophets and high priests, they did not know Him. Jews hoped the cross would happen, Christians know the cross happened. Jews hoped God loved them, Christians know God loves us. Jews needed faith in God, Christians have faith in God. Jews would not think God loved them if God did not give them tenfold return on their tithe. Carnal blessing may or may not come to Christians as we are told to give expecting nothing in return.

We can look at the promises God made to the Jews as a type and shadow of what we can expect. But that is it.

Jews were never high on missionary work as God's message to them was God's message to them. When Jonah went to warn Nineveh he told them to repent of their sins, not obey the Sabbath and pay their tithe. If Paul said we have a land of milk and honey, we can accept that God wants us to be in a promised land /state of sort. If Paul said we can test God with our tithe, then we can test God with our tithe. If Paul said 'by His stripes our bodies are healed' then we can hold God to that as a promise. But we know that a ''rosy promise based'' lifestyle is not what Paul taught.

The Holy Spirit testifies to me in every city that imprisonment and persecutions are waiting for me,” (Acts 20:23) he says. He is kidnapped (Acts 21:27), beaten (Acts 21:30-31; 23:3), threatened (Acts 22:22; 27:42), arrested many times (Acts 21:33; 22:24,31; 23:35; 28:16), accused in lawsuits (Acts 21:34; 22:30; 24:1-2; 25:2,7; 28:4), interrogated (Acts 25:24-27), ridiculed (Acts 26:24), ignored (Acts 27:11), shipwrecked (Acts 27:41) and bitten by a viper (Acts 28:3).

Phil 4:11 Not that I speak in respect of need: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.

Rom 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

A good Jew hardly suffered.

Last edited:
It takes discipline and lots of His word in you and operating according to His very word to DEVELOPE God Pleasing Faith.
It sounds to me like you have the cart before the horse.

Our focus is not to be on developing faith. But on getting to know God better / examining ourselves to have a heart after His.

The faith that pleases Him, we can't develop. It is given to us and we just accept it. God chooses to talk or not to talk to us. God chooses to undertake or not to undertake for us.

We grow in faith in God as time goes on / as He puts us through trials and tribulations.

Last edited:
Yes amen, now we just need to discern what are the promises of God in Him.

Try and picture God as the earthly father of your wife. When you marry her you receive all she has. You do not receive what the father gave to his other daughters.

There are 1. promises of God to mankind. 2. Promises of God to the Jews. 3. Promises of God to Christians.

Now what infuriates me on this discussion is that many Christians who claim the promises to the Jews are theirs do not grasp how carnal the Jews were in their dealings with God.

Paul was clear to the Jews that they should move on. To a better, new covenant.

You can be a Christian and still liaise with God as the Jews did. Just like my wife can still be my housecleaner and demand I pay her for it. But it is sad to see. I would think if my wife loved me she would move on and grasp what marriage is all about.

God is now our Father, not our sugar-daddy. Not our boss. Not our employer.

Promises of God to mankind: Eternal life if we accept Jesus. Misery for those who reject Jesus.

Promises of God to the Jews: Land of milk and honey. Appropriate punishment if they disobey the law. Great carnal blessings if they obey the law.

Promises of God to Christians: The Comforter. Enter into eternal life now. Touching Jesus. Persecution for His names sake. Trial and tribulations. Reigning with Jesus and receiving rewards in heaven.

Differences between a Christian and a Jew: A Christian is like a high priest that can hear directly from God. There is nothing holding God back from giving a Christian anything as they are 100% worthy in His presence. Their prayer requests hit His heart and ears immediately. God had to tell Jews to test Him, because apart from hearing what He had to say via prophets and high priests, they did not know Him. Jews hoped the cross would happen, Christians know the cross happened. Jews hoped God loved them, Christians know God loves us. Jews needed faith in God, Christians have faith in God. Jews would not think God loved them if God did not give them tenfold return on their tithe. Carnal blessing may or may not come to Christians as we are told to give expecting nothing in return.

We can look at the promises God made to the Jews as a type and shadow of what we can expect. But that is it.

Jews were never high on missionary work as God's message to them was God's message to them. When Jonah went to warn Nineveh he told them to repent of their sins, not obey the Sabbath and pay their tithe. If Paul said we have a land of milk and honey, we can accept that God wants us to be in a promised land /state of sort. If Paul said we can test God with our tithe, then we can test God with our tithe. If Paul said 'by His stripes our bodies are healed' then we can hold God to that as a promise. But we know that a ''rosy promise based'' lifestyle is not what Paul taught.

The Holy Spirit testifies to me in every city that imprisonment and persecutions are waiting for me,” (Acts 20:23) he says. He is kidnapped (Acts 21:27), beaten (Acts 21:30-31; 23:3), threatened (Acts 22:22; 27:42), arrested many times (Acts 21:33; 22:24,31; 23:35; 28:16), accused in lawsuits (Acts 21:34; 22:30; 24:1-2; 25:2,7; 28:4), interrogated (Acts 25:24-27), ridiculed (Acts 26:24), ignored (Acts 27:11), shipwrecked (Acts 27:41) and bitten by a viper (Acts 28:3).

Phil 4:11 Not that I speak in respect of need: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.

Rom 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

A good Jew hardly suffered.

Kj thank you for the post but this is not even close to the truth of His promises to us.

It sounds to me like you have the cart before the horse.

Our focus is not to be on developing faith. But on getting to know God better / examining ourselves to have a heart after His.

The faith that pleases Him, we can't develop. It is given to us and we just accept it. God chooses to talk or not to talk to us. God chooses to undertake or not to undertake for us.

We grow in faith in God as time goes on / as He puts us through trials and tribulations.

Kj again thank you for your time and posting but in truth this simply is not even closde to be truthful. Perhaps if you stick around you might leasrn something in this thread.
God Bless brother
Jim

Jim your replies are classic.

I have the same advice for you as I give to atheists. Stop hanging around people who believe as you do and get some fresh air. Give your mind a chance to refresh and return to rational thought.

Jim your replies are classic.

I have the same advice for you as I give to atheists. Stop hanging around people who believe as you do and get some fresh air. Give your mind a chance to refresh and return to rational thought.

Brother kj simmer down now.....lol
Look this is kind of the best way to say it. If you want to disrupt or get all worked up then please simply stay out of this thread. I hope you stick around but that is your choice.
Please play nice in the sand box with your brethren.
God Bless and have a wonderful day
Jim
Bhappy1smiley.jpg

Brother kj simmer down now.....lol
Look this is kind of the best way to say it. If you want to disrupt or get all worked up then please simply stay out of this thread. I hope you stick around but that is your choice.
Please play nice in the sand box with your brethren.
God Bless and have a wonderful day
Jim
I will watch my wording if I repost. I agree that we can and must talk nicely. What I said there though, I do mean with good intentions. You must take a break from the faith teachings. I used to be a victim of it.

Try and understand my friend, that when faith becomes a noun ''I have faith'' as opposed to a verb ''I have faith in''...it is adding to scripture and starting a new religion. One that elevates 'self'.

It is unexplored territory because it is unexplored territory. We are not too sure of it, because we are not to sure of it. We feel like we don't know because the Holy Spirit is not telling us about it ;).

I will watch my wording if I repost. I agree that we can and must talk nicely. What I said there though, I do mean with good intentions. You must take a break from the faith teachings. I used to be a victim of it.

Try and understand my friend, that when faith becomes a noun ''I have faith'' as opposed to a verb ''I have faith in''...it is adding to scripture and starting a new religion. One that elevates 'self'.

This is nonsensical.

Ok, so faith is not about the future, it's about what's already been accomplished by the Lord Jesus on the cross. So many wait on God to "do" something because of our prayer life and we say so in "faith" but in reality, that's not the meaning of faith. Therefore we live in a delusion and then what we prayed for doesn't come about. Faith is about trusting God and what He's already done - which is everything. In the third law of Newton it states that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. This is the very thing that God made in Gen 1:1, polarity, plus and minus, light and darkness. When you push at the good the negative reacts and vice versa. This is the same with faith. When you focus on your problem, say health, and you pray "for" healing, you're actually pulling the declared sickness to you by giving it your focus. Thoughts, emotions and feelings must be harmonious in order to see the unseen. So you don't pray "for" healing, you declare healing. In fact that's the word letter-meanings for the word heal (רפה) - man, speaks, revelation. When you see yourself whole, you feel yourself whole, you speak yourself whole, that's what faith is. It's seeing the unseen in persuaded belief it's true.

Intuition is that message from your heart that you'll get through this with certainty by God's help. You don't understand it, but you believe it. The very fabric of our being, in every cell, we are connected to God by the breath He blew into Adam! And the "glue" that holds all the atoms in the universe together is Jesus, Col 1:17!

Hebrews 11:1 Amplified Bible (AMP)
Now faith is the assurance (the confirmation, [a]the title deed) of the things [we] hope for, being the proof of things [we] do not see and the conviction of their reality [faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses].
Faith is going to take these invisible things and make them manifest in the physical. Faith is the substructure for these invisible things to become visible. Faith is going to become the absolute proof that the invisible things are going to become visible. For instance, when you want to buy property from someone, you can't just walk in and take it over. You have to have the right to do that. So you go through the buying process and at the courthouse you get the title deed to the property. Now, you have the right to go in and do as you please. This title deed is this Greek word for substance. Faith starts out as an intuition that something will happen to make this event turn out better.

Once faith becomes real, you get the proof of ownership.

As soon as faith becomes alive in you, there's no doubt what the outcome will be. Your faith cannot make it work from someone else. They must use their own faith. Your faith can be a catalyst for their faith, but even Jesus repeatedly said "Your faith has made you whole."

Faith is the proof of ownership for that which has been done of an accomplished fact. Faith is NOT about the future. Faith is about an accomplished fact.

Matthew 18:18 Amplified Bible (AMP)
Truly I tell you, whatever you forbid and declare to be improper and unlawful on earth must be what is already forbidden in heaven, and whatever you permit and declare proper and lawful on earth must be what is already permitted in heaven.​

What God has already declared isn't going to happen automatically (His will is that none perish - but people still go to hell.) What is lawful in heaven must be declared so on earth. What is unlawful in heaven must be declared so on earth.

Galatians 3:13 (KJV)
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed [is] every one that hangeth on a tree:​

Our wrong thinking is: if this happened - Jesus being made a curse for us - then it should be done automatically. And if we see it doesn't happen automatically, then we think "oh, there's sin in my life", but we all have sin in our lives and always will. We'll always be struggling against the fallen nature, period.

We have to live worthy of our calling. We're qualified because we're in Jesus not because we've done something to be deserving. Otherwise it won't be grace but works. The question isn't "what's God going to do" but "what am I going to do". We need to declare that the sickness has no right to be there according to Isaiah 53:5 and 1 Peter 2:14:

But he [was] wounded for our transgressions, [he was] bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace [was] upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.​

1 Peter 2:24 (KJV)
Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.​

Jesus never said poverty or sicken wouldn't come, just that it didn't have a right to be there, Mat 18:18. The question then is, since these are accomplished facts, am I going to permit it!? Am I going to allow this curse to be active in my life and I'm going to be passive about it? Or am I going to do something? Faith is the title deed to that which is already accomplished. If you have the absolute ownership of this, then if I'm fully persuaded, if I'm immovable, then the invisible things are becoming visible - not "real" - visible. It's already real. We just have to have faith on the already accomplished deed to allow it to become manifest in the physical! I don't need a healing to become real, I need it to become tangible. Faith is being immovable about the things that have already been accomplished. The title deed on the property in question: health, finances, etc. We hope for health, we hope for better finances, we hope for ____. Faith takes what's already accomplished by the promises of God for us, and allows those unseen hoped-for things to become tangible in our lives.

Hope without faith is like a sailboat without wind. Hope is the expectation of good, the joyful and confident expectation of something. Once I take ownership of a promise, then the hope is no longer a torment - the candy behind the glass, taunting you, Pro 13:12. Once I take ownership of the title deed (faith), then with joy and confidence I take possession of the thing hoped for! Now you can understand Romans 5:1-3

Romans 5:1-3 (KJV)
Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only [so], but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;​

Renew our minds of the nine virtues of the Spirit.

2 Peter 1:5-8 (KJV)
And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. For if these things be in you, and abound, they make [you that ye shall] neither [be] barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.​

With hope, from these verses, we'll begin to look for, with great confidence, the good things of God in our lives with faith! With this hope we will show our faith, our beliefs to those who question.

1 Peter 3:15 (KJV)
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and [be] ready always to [give] an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:​

Living these nine virtues build up the hope, and your life will reflect the positive love of God in all situation. Now you have that peace that passes all understanding because you have hope. Joyful expectation of good from the Father Who gives good and perfect gifts, James 1:17!

Faith is the being absolute sure, fully persuaded, immovable, about these things that have already been accomplished that you are confidently expecting!

Good stuff to be sure.

However the verses you posted are not about physical healing at all and therefore do not apply.

"But he [was] wounded for our transgressions, [he was] bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace [was] upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."

1 Peter 2:24 (KJV).....
"Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed."

Josh McDowell in his book: "The Evidence Demands A Verdict", says .............
In a courtroom, evidence is what can be proven. It involves facts visible to a jury. In other words, evidence only involves things that can be seen or demonstrated. How then can faith involve evidence that is invisiblenot seen?

Faith involves evidence in the following way. Real faith, in any promise made by God, is actually the evidence. It is the belief that is the evidence. If God promises to do something, it is impossible for Him to lie (Heb. 6:18). Your evidence that He will perform it is the very unwavering faith that you hold. Do you understand this? Remember, Hebrews 11:1 said, “faith isthe evidence.” If you have true Christian faith, you do not need to search for the evidence—you already possess it!

The biblical definition of faith, says that faith is a doctrine. Heb. 6:1.....
“The principles of the doctrine of Christ…of faith toward God…”.

Faith is always exercised toward God, but it is Christ who makes this possible.
Almost everyone believes that faith involves feelings. But physical feelings merely come from the human senses and have nothing whatsoever to do with what God promises—or faith!

Human beings accept knowledge that they have received through the five senses—seeing, hearing, smelling, touching and tasting. These senses all involve physical information—physical knowledge. The mind receives and processes this information in order to draw conclusions about circumstances, things and events taking place around it. Faith is spiritual, not physical. It is a confident assurance, which comes from the Spirit of God in the mind of a converted human being.

2 Corth. 5:7 tells us that .........
“For we walk by faith, not by sight”.

Therefore, practicing true faith means learning to disregard what you see and want to think. Literally, sight does not count in relation to what God has promised to do or when He will do it.

This verse reveals that Christians do not walk by what they see but by every word that comes from God!

It is unexplored territory because it is unexplored territory. We are not too sure of it, because we are not to sure of it. We feel like we don't know because the Holy Spirit is not telling us about it ;).

I agree King. I also was once a slave to the "faith solves everything" teachings. And it seems to me that I remember when you were also a few years back, although I might be wrong on that.

Kj again thank you for your time and posting but in truth this simply is not even closde to be truthful. Perhaps if you stick around you might leasrn something in this thread.
God Bless brother
Jim

Jim.....don't you think that your comment is rather condescending and smacks of an "Elitist" attitude?

I mean it is YOUR thread and if WE hang around it, WE might learn something????

I say "WE" because KingJ's thinking my not be YOUR thinking but is his or any one else's any less important than is yours?

God bless you Jim, because I know you mean well.

Jim.....don't you think that your comment is rather condescending and smacks of an "Elitist" attitude?

I mean it is YOUR thread and if WE hang around it, WE might learn something????

I say "WE" because KingJ's thinking my not be YOUR thinking but is his or any one else's any less important than is yours?

God bless you Jim, because I know you mean well.

Major all I said was you Might learn something . Might...........does this say anything bad ? Nope.

Major all I said was you Might learn something . Might...........does this say anything bad ? Nope.

Everyone read what you said, but Is that what you meant Jim........really? "WE MIGHT LEARN SOMETHING".
YOU do not see any problem with the attitude from which the words came from?
I am only trying to show you that there might be a better way of saying what you intend to say to another Christian believer.

How about..........
"I hope you stay with us KingJ as I would really like for both of us to be drawn closer to God's Word so that we both can grow in knowledge and grace".

I say this only as another member on this site who is growing more and more concerned with the way we talk to one another.

I am probably as guilty as anyone one else when it comes to this area because my mouth many times gets ahead of my brain and I say something I wish I had not said or I said it in a way which could have been taken as hurtful to some one.
When I do that, I encourage anyone to call me out and challenge me to be of a better Christian spirit.

Brother Abdicate I have asked this to be shut down for it is just going to end up a zoo like other threads with all the you are wrong stuff.
God Bless

Last edited:
Everyone read what you said, but Is that what you meant Jim........really? "WE MIGHT LEARN SOMETHING".
YOU do not see any problem with the attitude from which the words came from?
I am only trying to show you that there might be a better way of saying what you intend to say to another Christian believer.

How about..........
"I hope you stay with us KingJ as I would really like for both of us to be drawn closer to God's Word so that we both can grow in knowledge and grace".

I say this only as another member on this site who is growing more and more concerned with the way we talk to one another.

I am probably as guilty as anyone one else when it comes to this area because my mouth many times gets ahead of my brain and I say something I wish I had not said or I said it in a way which could have been taken as hurtful to some one.
When I do that, I encourage anyone to call me out and challenge me to be of a better Christian spirit.

It was written to one person. Love you brother.
Enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back