being a Christian is about a personal relationship with Christ.. a nurse asked me what religion i said Born again
You sort of have to be careful with that term without a follow up explanation.
When I was coming around to embracing the Lord, someone in the foyer of the Church I was attending, asked me 'if I was born again?'
Having no clue or reference point as to what that was I thought of some 'spiritual experience' I had while on LSD and said 'yes'.
A few weeks later when I did come to receive Christ in that same Church, the same person came to me and said challengingly, "I thought you said you were born again".
Just a word of caution in using the term.

When I was coming around to embracing the Lord, someone in the foyer of the Church I was attending, asked me 'if I was born again?'
Having no clue or reference point as to what that was I thought of some 'spiritual experience' I had while on LSD and said 'yes'.
A few weeks later when I did come to receive Christ in that same Church, the same person came to me and said challengingly, "I thought you said you were born again".

Asking my RCC friends if they have been born again is one I ask frequently. Most don't know if they've been born again. What they don't know is that being born again is the only means by which any of us will enter Heaven, as you know. Many of them don't because they haven't studied the Bible. Some have, some haven't, which is true of so many professing believers. I use it to open a conversation in the direction of salvation, excluding the mythical "purgatory."

MM

Asking my RCC friends if they have been born again is one I ask frequently. Most don't know if they've been born again. What they don't know is that being born again is the only means by which any of us will enter Heaven, as you know. Many of them don't because they haven't studied the Bible. Some have, some haven't, which is true of so many professing believers. I use it to open a conversation in the direction of salvation, excluding the mythical "purgatory."

MM
I guess my point was that some of us have been so thoroughly secularized and in my case by an atheistic father and absolutely no Church exposure that the term 'born again' was absolutely meaningless.

My wife, who had grown up under Old School Roman Catholicism (pre-Vatican II) had told me, not only had she not heard the term 'born again' but had never heard a clear presentation of the Gospel (kind of like today in many Evangelical Churches).

there is no caution in using born again anew. we become a new creation in Christ. its understanding you not fully understanding born again. but a pastor should make it very clear what born again is.. the new birth a song by the Compton's a southern Gospel Group . i had a birth i cant remember and one i cant forget. many will proclaim to be saved .but they have no idea .born of the spirit .is a spiritual birth born of the water that depends on who you ask.. me i feel it s washing of word ..i dont see it as baptism. due to baptism is outward the new birth is inward.. imo if anything born again should cause one to study it out... born again is far better than any acid trip

there is no caution in using born again anew. we become a new creation in Christ. its understanding you not fully undstandpointerstanding born again. but a pastor should make it very clear what born again is.. the new birth a song by the Compton's a southern Gospel Group . i had a birth i cant remember and one i cant forget. many will proclaim to be saved .but they have no idea .born of the spirit .is a spiritual birth born of the water that depends on who you ask.. me i feel it s washing of word ..i dont see it as baptism. due to baptism is outward the new birth is inward.. imo if anything born again should cause one to study it out... born again is far better than any acid trip
You are speaking in terms of a subjective personal; experience. You and I know what that experience is, but you have to put yourself in the shoes of a person who has had only an atheistic perspective on life, from an evolutionary standpoint and unchurched; If you say, "You must be born again!", they will wonder what turnip wagon you fell off from. There is no communication. They don't think in those categories.

there is no caution in using born again anew. we become a new creation in Christ. its understanding you not fully understanding born again. but a pastor should make it very clear what born again is.. the new birth a song by the Compton's a southern Gospel Group . i had a birth i cant remember and one i cant forget. many will proclaim to be saved .but they have no idea .born of the spirit .is a spiritual birth born of the water that depends on who you ask.. me i feel it s washing of word ..i dont see it as baptism. due to baptism is outward the new birth is inward.. imo if anything born again should cause one to study it out... born again is far better than any acid trip

Your grammar is vaguely familiar...

I don't think the law or rules are just there to be broken.
I think God knew that just telling people to do the right thing wouldn't work. Any parent, teacher, or boss knows this!

They had to have it written on their hearts. That's where grace comes in and God does the work on our hearts.

I don't think the law or rules are just there to be broken.
I think God knew that just telling people to do the right thing wouldn't work. Any parent, teacher, or boss knows this!

They had to have it written on their hearts. That's where grace comes in and God does the work on our hearts.

Oh, my. You have spoken such a glorious and wonderful truth. The Lord has written His law in our hearts:

Jeremiah 31:33 But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Romans 2:15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and [their] thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

I encourage everyone to read those passages in context, and let the wonder of it all to sink in. The letter of the law killeth, but the Spirit (the Law Giver) gives life.

MM

I found this interesting:​

What Was God’s Purpose for Israel in the Old Testament?

"God’s purpose for Israel was not to bring the law to the world as a solution to the world’s problems. Israel, without Christ, was never meant to be God’s solution for anything. If the law was not meant to be a solution, what was the purpose of the law given to Israel?...

The law was not God’s solution for mankind’s problem. When Adam and Eve sinned, every human was then destined to be sinful. Our main problem was not only that we needed our bad deeds wiped away, although we do. The deeper problem is that we ourselves are bad before we come to Christ, thus are unable to reign as God’s children, unable to fulfill his purposes for us.

The law was added to show us our trespasses, to guide us towards our Savior (Messiah), and guide us like a guardian while we were unable to obey God, like young heirs in need of guardians while they were too immature to rule on their own. The laws were meant to show us what God is like. But the law was never a prescription to our sickness, “I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness were through the law, then Christ died for no purpose” (Galatians 2:21)."

The excerpt above was copied and pasted here by authorization from the author, as stated below from his website:

Copyright Policy:

All material on ApplyGodsWord.com is under copyright protection. However, the only reason for this copyright is to make sure people copy it right. Please do not alter or sell any material. As long as you always reference and/or link to www.ApplyGodsWord.com as the original source of the material, you have our permission to copy, print, and spread our material.

It's refreshing to find people online who don't subscribe to replacement theology, as has become so popular among so many Evangelical groups. As a biblicist, I can't agree with that line of thought.

MM

the law only points tells us what sin is.. if we try to keep the law and break one we are guilty of breaking all the real law is found in romans 8 the law of the spirit For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. . man tries to improve salvation improve the Body of Christ .making new laws called traditions and doctrines of men . this why the Church is in the shape it is today.. i walked into a church tonight to just listen. was asked if was there to preach. they had no pastor and have not had one for over a year . they have no idea what they want other than its what They want and not what God sends them

the law only points tells us what sin is.. if we try to keep the law and break one we are guilty of breaking all the real law is found in romans 8 the law of the spirit For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. . man tries to improve salvation improve the Body of Christ .making new laws called traditions and doctrines of men . this why the Church is in the shape it is today.. i walked into a church tonight to just listen. was asked if was there to preach. they had no pastor and have not had one for over a year . they have no idea what they want other than its what They want and not what God sends them

That is so true. Mankind, under the influences and enticements from the enemies of our souls, is always falling into the trap of thinking that we can do something on our own to add to, or finish accomplishing, what Jesus did on that cross. I accept that Jesus meant what He said when He declared, "It is finished." The text gives us no reason to believe that He was talking about some non-totality portion of His shed blood. What He did was/is a finished work in totality for the whole world.

1 John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for [the sins of] the whole world.

MM

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

So, we now may live "without the law" apart from that which is written in our hearts, and remain the righteousness of God in Christ, and this was witnessed by not only the law, but also by the prophets. How wonderful is that.

MM

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

So, we now may live "without the law" apart from that which is written in our hearts, and remain the righteousness of God in Christ, and this was witnessed by not only the law, but also by the prophets. How wonderful is that.

MM
Yes, we are justified by faith apart from the law, but that law written on our hearts will not stray from God's moral law or the Prophets. IMHO.

Yes, we are justified by faith apart from the law, but that law written on our hearts will not stray from God's moral law or the Prophets. IMHO.

I've had interesting conversations about the law with various cult and spurious group members over the years. Most focus on just certain parts of the law, claiming that the other parts are excluded on the basis of things such as the temple no longer being on this earth, and/or that Christ fulfilled all else that they didn't believe was binding upon them any longer.

What none of them could ever answer with a reasonable and satisfying response has to do with the guilt for ALL the law in the breaking of just one point within it, and how that speaks for a unified, inseparable law that they, with great liberty and freedom, divide up into the parts that seemingly make it more consistent with modern thought for relevance.

Needless to say, some on that board clearly didn't like the implications of the logic and reason I had put forth, and quickly eliminated the thread dare it get to the point that the foundations of their teachings come crumbling down in the minds of potential proselytes in those forums. There were no challenges made in my posts against the law, for it is righteous. At no point did I ever down-play it's standing to this very day and beyond.

What they didn't like was that one particular point in the law inevitably was a part of that yoke of which Peter spoke that their forefathers could not bear. It was/is their sacred cow of a law, and for others there were other points in the law that they couldn't stand the thought would be seen as a part of that yoke that would drag down from their teachings for requirement from the hearts and minds of their fellow congregants on that board.

I'm so thankful that no mere man sits on that Throne up above...

MM

I've had interesting conversations about the law with various cult and spurious group members over the years. Most focus on just certain parts of the law, claiming that the other parts are excluded on the basis of things such as the temple no longer being on this earth, and/or that Christ fulfilled all else that they didn't believe was binding upon them any longer.

What none of them could ever answer with a reasonable and satisfying response has to do with the guilt for ALL the law in the breaking of just one point within it, and how that speaks for a unified, inseparable law that they, with great liberty and freedom, divide up into the parts that seemingly make it more consistent with modern thought for relevance.

Needless to say, some on that board clearly didn't like the implications of the logic and reason I had put forth, and quickly eliminated the thread dare it get to the point that the foundations of their teachings come crumbling down in the minds of potential proselytes in those forums. There were no challenges made in my posts against the law, for it is righteous. At no point did I ever down-play it's standing to this very day and beyond.

What they didn't like was that one particular point in the law inevitably was a part of that yoke of which Peter spoke that their forefathers could not bear. It was/is their sacred cow of a law, and for others there were other points in the law that they couldn't stand the thought would be seen as a part of that yoke that would drag down from their teachings for requirement from the hearts and minds of their fellow congregants on that board.

I'm so thankful that no mere man sits on that Throne up above...

MM

Authur C. Clark once wrote that.............
"One of the greatest tragedies in mankind’s entire history may be that morality was hijacked by religion.

And this quote is at it’s starkest true self when it comes to religious cults. The belief in God certainly has its psychological benefits, but following a religious cult, blinded by superstition and misplaced faith can and has led to massive destructions, and is never ever leading to morality.

Back