Beware Erroneous Gospel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if you would agree that James’ teachings concentrate on the works that exemplify that justification. IMO, James was writing to Jews to encourage them to continue growing in this new Christian faith and to not turn back to the dogma and rituals of Judaism. James emphasizes that good actions will naturally flow from those who are filled with the Spirit and questions whether someone may or may not have a saving faith if the fruits of the Spirit cannot be seen, much as Paul describes.
-
Of course.
James is exhorting, he is cheerleading, he is pushing, he is trying to wake (some) who are asleep in the Light.
And certainly there needs to be the fruit(s) of righteousness, shown in any believer's lifestyle.
But where this becomes theological trouble (Galatians 1:8 ) is when we begin to become legalists.
As long as we are doctrinally concluded that, "its not by our works of righteousness, but according to GOD"S MERCY that we are SAVED".
AS long as a believer, lives there, then preach works all you like, talk about water baptism if you must., but leave redemption to the CROSS where it was gained.
We work because we ARE saved, but not to try to BE saved or to stay saved.
After all, there is no work or commandment that can....... for sin atone.
We are BLOOD BOUGHT, we are not works bought, or commandment keeping bought, or confessing our sins, bought.
Salvation is God reconciling us to himself for eternity, based on the blood of Jesus.
We have no part in that, other then to receive it by faith.

-
Of course.
James is exhorting, he is cheerleading, he is pushing, he is trying to wake (some) who are asleep in the Light.
And certainly there needs to be the fruit(s) of righteousness, shown in any believer's lifestyle.
But where this becomes theological trouble (Galatians 1:8 ) is when we begin to become legalists.
As long as we are doctrinally concluded that, "its not by our works of righteousness, but according to GOD"S MERCY that we are SAVED".
AS long as a believer, lives there, then preach works all you like, talk about water baptism if you must., but leave redemption to the CROSS where it was gained.
We are BLOOD BOUGHT, we are not works bought, or commandment keeping bought, or confessing our sins, bought.
Salvation is God reconciling us to himself for eternity, based on the blood of Jesus.
Hi Abodah,

I have a favor to ask. Please use the bold feature instead of all caps. This is a friendly reminder. Your not in any trouble. Just wanted to remind you before anyone complains.

For Rule 1.3 states The use of all capital letters in member posts is prohibited. All such posts will be eliminated and members given a 1 point warning. Continued violations will result in the member account being suspended.

Thank you and
God bless you abundantly

Nothing and I mean absolutely nothing in God's written word contradicts any other part of His written word especially NT to NT.

Peoples ideas and understanding bring contradiction but not God's word. James and Peter and every other book of the bible are recorded for all belivers. One can not pick and choose what one claims to be for saints today but one can choose to seek knowledge and learn a deeper understanding of God's written word.

It has been said in these threads that James was laws for the unbeliever and that is an erroneous gospel.

Paul was commissioned to take the gospel of Christ to the gentiles. Others were commissioned to take the gospel and right living to others and some were commissioned to equip the saints or the body of Christ to walk upright and victorious in Christ.

How any believer can pick and choose what is for a born again belivers in the NT is sad.
What would be good is an old fashion sit down and bring a scripture or two from the NT that one thinnks is not for us today.

Blessings
FCJ

Just thought I would use your your post to bring the Scripture you were talking about to the table. If one reads this passage, Paul specifically let's us all know that his message came directly from Jesus, Paul became a disciple of Jesus, just like Peter and the rest. Jesus is not going to tell Paul to preach something different than what He preached. For Jesus said to the Pharisees a house divided against itself cannot stand (mark 3:25) Jesus is not going to contradict himself in any way, for He only ever said what The Father said, and did what a he saw The Father do (jn 5:19; 14:10)...so in order for Paul to be preaching the truth of the gospel, and be in line with Jesus he has to preach what Jesus preached. Otherwise what Paul taught would not have been from the Holy Spirit, and thus would not be in our Bibles for it would be in error.

PAUL, AN apostle–[special messenger appointed and commissioned and sent out] not from [any body of] men nor by or through any man, but by and through Jesus Christ (the Messiah) and God the Father, Who raised Him from among the dead– Who gave (yielded) Himself up [to atone] for our sins [and to save and sanctify us], in order to rescue and deliver us from this present wicked age and world order, in accordance with the will and purpose and plan of our God and Father– To Him [be ascribed all] the glory through all the ages of the ages and the eternities of the eternities! Amen (so be it). I am surprised and astonished that you are so quickly turning renegade and deserting Him Who invited and called you by the grace (unmerited favor) of Christ (the Messiah) [and that you are transferring your allegiance] to a different [even an opposition] gospel. Not that there is [or could be] any other [genuine Gospel], but there are [obviously] some who are troubling and disturbing and bewildering you [with a different kind of teaching which they offer as a gospel] and want to pervert and distort the Gospel of Christ (the Messiah) [into something which it absolutely is not]. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to and different from that which we preached to you, let him be accursed (anathema, devoted to destruction, doomed to eternal punishment)! As we said before, so I now say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel different from or contrary to that which you received [from us], let him be accursed (anathema, devoted to destruction, doomed to eternal punishment)! Now am I trying to win the favor of men, or of God? Do I seek to please men? If I were still seeking popularity with men, I should not be a bond servant of Christ (the Messiah). For I want you to know, brethren, that the Gospel which was proclaimed and made known by me is not man's gospel [a human invention, according to or patterned after any human standard]. For indeed I did not receive it from man, nor was I taught it, but [it came to me] through a [direct] revelation [given] by Jesus Christ (the Messiah).
Galatians 1:1‭, ‬4‭-‬12 AMP
http://bible.com/8/gal.1.1-12.AMP

Blessings to all

Last edited:
-
Of course.

Excellent my brother, excellent!

Works then is the "product" of salvation and not the means "for" salvation. Correct?????

Excellent my brother, excellent!

Works then is the "product" of salvation and not the means "for" salvation. Correct?????

Exactly.
"works" is discipleship, its the behavior that is related to the process.
we "present our bodies a living sacrifice", we live a holy life...... not to try to save ourselves, but because God has saved us.

Exactly.
"works" is discipleship, its the behavior that is related to the process.
we "present our bodies a living sacrifice", we live a holy life...... not to try to save ourselves, but because God has saved us.

Amen! It is a blessing to see someone so fully rooted in the Word of God and not in denominational dogma!!!

Amen! It is a blessing to see someone so fully rooted in the Word of God and not in denominational dogma!!!

Thx:)
Well, there are no denominations in heaven, only believers, only the born again.
So, lets say that our denomination is "born again redeemed".
It is odd that often when you ask someone...."are you a christian"...... they respond. .... "yes im a catholic, im a baptist, im a member of (someone's) church"
But i didnt ask you that......
Something else...... its interesting to talk to someone who is obsessed with proving that OSAS is a lie or a heresy.
When i talk to them, usually on forums, i ask them this.........."What are you trusting to get you to heaven if you died today".
And That question, is such a Light..... It is such a "Grace inspector".......... it will find out exactly what you really believe about salvation and redemption.

Thx:)
Well, there are no denominations in heaven, only believers, only the born again.
So, lets say that our denomination is "born again redeemed".
It is odd that often when you ask someone...."are you a christian"...... they respond. .... "yes im a catholic, im a baptist, im a member of (someone's) church"
But i didnt ask you that......
Something else...... its interesting to talk to someone who is obsessed with proving that OSAS is a lie or a heresy.
When i talk to them, usually on forums, i ask them this.........."What are you trusting to get you to heaven if you died today".
And That question, is such a Light..... It is such a "Grace inspector".......... it will find out exactly what you really believe about salvation and redemption.

You are correct my friend. I agree completely.

We are not allowed to discus OSAS and that is because those who do not accept the grace of God must always look to themselves for salvation.
That being baptism or sacraments or miracles or signs and wonders instead of the unmerited favor and grace of God.

You are correct my friend. I agree completely.

We are not allowed to discus OSAS and that is because those who do not accept the grace of God must always look to themselves for salvation.
That being baptism or sacraments or miracles or signs and wonders instead of the unmerited favor and grace of God.
-
Thank you my friend.
"Jesus Saves", = and there is no other Way.

Just thought I would use your your post to bring the Scripture you were talking about to the table. If one reads this passage, Paul specifically let's us all know that his message came directly from Jesus, Paul became a disciple of Jesus, just like Peter and the rest. Jesus is not going to tell Paul to preach something different than what He preached. For Jesus said to the Pharisees a house divided against itself cannot stand (mark 3:25) Jesus is not going to contradict himself in any way, for He only ever said what The Father said, and did what a he saw The Father do (jn 5:19; 14:10)...so in order for Paul to be preaching the truth of the gospel, and be in line with Jesus he has to preach what Jesus preached. Otherwise what Paul taught would not have been from the Holy Spirit, and thus would not be in our Bibles for it would be in error.

PAUL, AN apostle–[special messenger appointed and commissioned and sent out] not from [any body of] men nor by or through any man, but by and through Jesus Christ (the Messiah) and God the Father, Who raised Him from among the dead– Who gave (yielded) Himself up [to atone] for our sins [and to save and sanctify us], in order to rescue and deliver us from this present wicked age and world order, in accordance with the will and purpose and plan of our God and Father– To Him [be ascribed all] the glory through all the ages of the ages and the eternities of the eternities! Amen (so be it). I am surprised and astonished that you are so quickly turning renegade and deserting Him Who invited and called you by the grace (unmerited favor) of Christ (the Messiah) [and that you are transferring your allegiance] to a different [even an opposition] gospel. Not that there is [or could be] any other [genuine Gospel], but there are [obviously] some who are troubling and disturbing and bewildering you [with a different kind of teaching which they offer as a gospel] and want to pervert and distort the Gospel of Christ (the Messiah) [into something which it absolutely is not]. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to and different from that which we preached to you, let him be accursed (anathema, devoted to destruction, doomed to eternal punishment)! As we said before, so I now say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel different from or contrary to that which you received [from us], let him be accursed (anathema, devoted to destruction, doomed to eternal punishment)! Now am I trying to win the favor of men, or of God? Do I seek to please men? If I were still seeking popularity with men, I should not be a bond servant of Christ (the Messiah). For I want you to know, brethren, that the Gospel which was proclaimed and made known by me is not man's gospel [a human invention, according to or patterned after any human standard]. For indeed I did not receive it from man, nor was I taught it, but [it came to me] through a [direct] revelation [given] by Jesus Christ (the Messiah).
Galatians 1:1‭, ‬4‭-‬12 AMP
http://bible.com/8/gal.1.1-12.AMP

Blessings to all

Very true!

It has always been my understanding that Paul wanted to expose the erroneous teachings of the Judizers gospel and their impure motives. Paul 's goal was to prevent his readers from accepting a false gospel and to encourage them to stay faithful to Christ and the spiritual freedom that He gave them (5:1) instead of adding laws, and rules to salvation.

There were many people who challenged Paul's authority as an apostle but my experience is that all the NT writers agreed with each other which means there are no contridictions in their writings.

Thoughts???

Very true!

It has always been my understanding that Paul wanted to expose the erroneous teachings of the Judizers gospel and their impure motives. Paul 's goal was to prevent his readers from accepting a false gospel and to encourage them to stay faithful to Christ and the spiritual freedom that He gave them (5:1) instead of adding laws, and rules to salvation.

There were many people who challenged Paul's authority as an apostle but my experience is that all the NT writers agreed with each other which means there are no contridictions in their writings.

Thoughts???
-
Did you ever study Galatians 2:11-15?
Sometimes, they didnt all agree.

-
That has nothing to do with the NT writers agreeing. In fact it is about a Godly correction. Which many believers today place them selves above such a thing.

People would do well if they stopped trying to find errors in the word of God and worked hard at allowing the Lord to bring change into their lives daily.

If you find an error then the error is on your end from lack of undetstanding.
God's word is faultless
Blessings
FCJ

That has nothing to do with the NT writers agreeing. In fact it is about a Godly correction. Which many believers today place them selves above such a thing.

People would do well if they stopped trying to find errors in the word of God and worked hard at allowing the Lord to bring change into their lives daily.

God's word is faultless
Blessings
FCJ

Agreed! The passage our brother mentioned was not at all about a disagreement of doctrine. It was all about the experience of eating for Peter because he had never eaten anything unclean before. Peter had been saved for some time but he still followed the Jewish eating habits.

Paul's rebuke of Peters actions was correct IMO. This was not a correction or disagreement but was a teaching moment which led to Paul's doctrinal position of "Justification by Faith" beginning in verse #15-21.

-

Yes sir, many, many years ago! But that section is not about a doctrinal disagreement at all. It was about legalities and Paul teaching Peter about Christian liberty.

In fact, just to take this to another level, I will say that there are no errors or contradictions in the Word of God and all the passages compliment each other whether in the NT or the OT.. There may be at times a lack of understanding or not enough deep study given to a particular position or passage, but there are no errors.

You see my brother, if there were to be an error in God's Word, that would in effect make Him a liar and we know that is not possible.

My advice would be to dig deeper to understand what it is that is in question to prove God is always right instead of looking for something that is not there. But that is just me and the way I live and look at the Word.

Good to talk with you and keep up the good work.

Last edited:

God's word is faultless
Blessings
FCJ

I didnt say there are errors in the bible, and would never say that... I only pointed out that in this scripture 2 Apostles had a disagreement.
So, you would do well to read me more carefully before you accuse me of anything..
Now, there are some situations in the NT where, 2 Apostles, doctrinally, are not the same.
For example, Acts 2:38, is not the gospel of the grace of God that Paul preaches.....however, this is not a contradiction in the NT< its just a situation where Peter, at that time, didnt have the revelation of the Grace of God.
Another "situation", that trips believer's doctrinally, is 1 John 1:9, where John is talking about "confessing sins".
However, as Jesus has paid for our sins, then why would he be telling us to confess them......as many will wrongly teach that you confess sins to "stay saved".
So, there are a lot of scriptures like this, that if wrongly divided, lead to all sorts of head butting disagreements (doctrinally) between believers.

blessings,

A

I didnt say there are errors in the bible, and would never say that... I only pointed out that in this scripture 2 Apostles had a disagreement.
So, you would do well to read me more carefully before you accuse me of anything..
Now, there are some situations in the NT where, 2 Apostles, doctrinally, are not the same.
For example, Acts 2:38, is not the gospel of the grace of God that Paul preaches.....however, this is not a contradiction in the NT< its just a situation where Peter, at that time, didnt have the revelation of the Grace of God.
Another "situation", that trips believer's doctrinally, is 1 John 1:9, where John is talking about "confessing sins".
However, as Jesus has paid for our sins, then why would he be telling us to confess them......as many will wrongly teach that you confess sins to "stay saved".
So, there are a lot of scriptures like this, that if wrongly divided, lead to all sorts of head butting disagreements (doctrinally) between believers.

blessings,

A
I spoke from many post and things that were said.

Your understanding of 1john1:9 is not 100 percent correct. We as believers (if smart) would seek forgiveness daily for our sins and unrighteousness.

Yes Jesus paid for past, present and future sins of this world. No place is it taught that we as believers have no need to seek forgiveness.

It is not about being saved or staying saved but about growing spiritually in Christ. Unforgiven sin and un-forgiveness which is sin Will slow to stop your growth. Unforgiven sins opens the door for the enemy to get in.

There is no free pass to say hey Jesus done forgave me so it's all good.
Blessings

@Abodah
You said

Now I had said

God's word is faultless
Blessings
FCJ

So why do you make this personal as if I said Abodah you said this or that. As I said, I made my reply from many post not just one.
Have a wonderful day

blessings,

A

Not to belabor the point and in no way to be argumenitive, but only to try and speak to your points of questions.

In Acts 2:38 that you posted, Peter mentioned baptism in his sermon on the day of Pentecost. However, in his sermon from Solomon's portico in the Temple in Acts 3:12-26 Peter makes no reference to baptism, but links forgiveness of sin to repentance (3:19). That tells me that If baptism is necessary for the forgiveness of sin, he would have confirmed it in chapter.

So then The deeper meaning is that what Peter said was for a people who had been going away from God even though they had the Word of God. They were religious but lost. Peter said to them that water baptism would be the "evidence" that they had repented and come to Christ. That is not in contradiction to Paul's doctrine but is in fact complimentary. Peter was teaching these Jews that they needed to trust Christ instead of a sacrifice offered at the temple and when they did, water baptism would be their evidence.

Now for 1 John 1:9. We confess our sinn and ask God to forgive us because even though we are saved, we still sin every day. When we confess, God cleans us up because we have turned away from that sin which has beset us. Confession restores us tot he Father because the blood of Christ cleanses us from all sin but it is us that must bring our sin to God and that is by confessing that sin..

Again, I personally do not see any contradictions in these 2 passages you have posted and if you would like, I would love to speak about any more situations you may have.

. We as believers (if smart) would seek forgiveness daily for our sins and unrighteousness.

There is no free pass to say hey Jesus done forgave me so it's all good.
Blessings

No, we are never to seek forgiveness for what the blood of Jesus has already forgiven.
We are ither saved or not....We are forgiven or not, .... we are born again, or not.........we are not to confess what God does not remember, or does not even hold us accountable for., ever again.
Jesus didnt die on a cross so that we can confess later what he already died to forgive.
The Grace of God, the blood atonement, and redemption, have taken have taken care of Sins.
God does not judge us again, for that which Christ has suffered on a Cross to bear.
If we as believers sin on this earth, we are not ever again judged for it, after we die, as Jesus has already died on a Cross as our judgement, due.
However, if we sin on this earth, if we live in sin on this earth, after we are saved, then there is a spiritual law..."sowing and reaping", and that will come into effect in our lives.......But regarding God judging us for our sin, He will not, as He has already judged Jesus on a Cross for them all.
And, should you tell God you are sorry when you sin?......yes,......... but that is not the same as trying to become "forgiven again and again, and again, and again, and again, by confessing sins"....as a believer is already forgiven.

Read Romans 4:8
Read Hebrews 8:12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back