Bible Verse Sharing and Thoughts

I would like to start a fun thread where everyone can pitch in, quoting from the Bible, with follow-up comment(s) on each quote as to what the importance is in what you read in that/those passages. This can be very instructional for everyone, and if there is disagreement, then please start your own thread to discuss the point of view, and elaborate further upon the text/context and your thoughts.

I think everyone can benefit from this type of sharing to hit on the highlights that come to you through your daily study of the word of God.

Here, I will start:

[Matthew 19:4] And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made [them] at the beginning made them male and female,

This verse seems to make it clear that there was no gap between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2. Adam was created at the very beginning, on the very day it says he was created at the beginning rather than thousands or millions of years later. If there was a gap, then it seems reasonable that such a gap span would have brought about an inspiration from the Lord to leave out any reference to Adam and "at the beginning..."

MM

I would like to start a fun thread where everyone can pitch in, quoting from the Bible, with follow-up comment(s) on each quote as to what the importance is in what you read in that/those passages. This can be very instructional for everyone, and if there is disagreement, then please start your own thread to discuss the point of view, and elaborate further upon the text/context and your thoughts.

I think everyone can benefit from this type of sharing to hit on the highlights that come to you through your daily study of the word of God.

Here, I will start:

[Matthew 19:4] And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made [them] at the beginning made them male and female,

This verse seems to make it clear that there was no gap between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2. Adam was created at the very beginning, on the very day it says he was created at the beginning rather than thousands or millions of years later. If there was a gap, then it seems reasonable that such a gap span would have brought about an inspiration from the Lord to leave out any reference to Adam and "at the beginning..."

MM
Well, you opened another can of worms. We can't agree on earth lifespan either or whether the Bible's reference to a day is actually a day or a quadzillion eons.

[1 Corinthians 15:20] But now is Christ risen from the dead, [and] become the firstfruits of them that slept.

[Revelation 20:6] Blessed and holy [is] he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

[1 Corinthians 15:23] But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

I had always thought that John was referring to the first resurrection as happening at some point in the Tribulation. It seems that the concept of the "first resurrection" actually refers to a span of time, starting with Christ Jesus, through the Tribulation and into the Millenium Kingdom to the point of the "second resurrection", which is of the unsaved dead to the Great White Throne Judgement and the opening of the Book of Life.

Verse 23 seems to solidify the span thinking that I derived from these and other verses, with it making a direct like from Christ's resurrection all the way through time to the point of His coming. I included the Millennial Kingdom so that I don't create problems with the saints who live through the whole 1000 years to when Satan is released from the pit. After all, at the end of the Millennium, Christ is still come.

So, the "first resurrection" seems more than just an event, but encompasses a span of time in this realm of ours. Recall that the graves burst open at the point Jesus gave up the Ghost...?

Just some interesting thoughts for your consideration.

MM

STAFF CAUTION: The Genesis "gap theory" has been debated intensely for many years and no one comes out a winner in this topic. The staff is requiring that any discussion on this topic include solid, widely accepted scripture support for all viewpoints when calmly discussing this topic. Otherwise, this thread will be eliminated from the Forum.

Thank you for your cooperation and compliance.

Hello MM: Would like to share.

What do you see happening in this scripture here in Mark Chapter 5:

They went across the lake to the region of the Gerasenes.[a] 2 When Jesus got out of the boat, a man with an impure spirit came from the tombs to meet him. 3 This man lived in the tombs, and no one could bind him anymore, not even with a chain. 4 For he had often been chained hand and foot, but he tore the chains apart and broke the irons on his feet. No one was strong enough to subdue him. 5 Night and day among the tombs and in the hills he would cry out and cut himself with stones.

Jesus and his disciples went across the lake to a region know as Gerasenes. Upon arrival, and landing on shore and getting out of the boat. A man came wandering out of the tombs to meet Jesus.​
A description of the man who lived in tombs, was someone who was very strong, no one could bind him, and every time they did bind him he would break the chains. Whether it was his hand or foot. He broke the chains apart and the irons on his feet. No one in this region was strong enough to subdue him. Night and day among the tombs and in the hills he would cry out and cut himself with stones.​
A man who was tortured night and day in which no man could ever subdue him, even after trying. This man saw Jesus come upon shore from the tombs and went up to see him.​

6 When he saw Jesus from a distance, he ran and fell on his knees in front of him. 7 He shouted at the top of his voice, “What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? In God’s name don’t torture me!” 8 For Jesus had said to him, “Come out of this man, you impure spirit!”

When the man who lived in the tombs seen Jesus, he ran towards him falling unto his knees in front of him. Did the light of Jesus Christ attract this man to come towards him? He asked Jesus Christ this question “What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? In God’s name don’t torture me!​
Jesus had said to him, come out of this man you impure spirit!​

9 Then Jesus asked him, “What is your name?”

“My name is Legion,” he replied, “for we are many.” 10 And he begged Jesus again and again not to send them out of the area.

Then Jesus Christ asked him for his name, in which the spirit inside of him said Legion, for there were many impure spirits with-in the man. The man begged Jesus again and again not to send them out of the area. Why what is this reason?​

11 A large herd of pigs was feeding on the nearby hillside. 12 The demons begged Jesus, “Send us among the pigs; allow us to go into them.” 13 He gave them permission, and the impure spirits came out and went into the pigs. The herd, about two thousand in number, rushed down the steep bank into the lake and were drowned.

Now a large herd of pigs was feeding on a nearby hillside. (Does this remind you of the story of the man who ran off from the Fathers house and became so hungry he even ate from the pigs trough?) The impure spirits asked Jesus to send them into the pigs, and Jesus said okay, and they went into the pigs. (What is the reason for this?) Then the herd rushed down a steep bank into the lake and were drowned. (What can we learn from this?)​

14 Those tending the pigs ran off and reported this in the town and countryside, and the people went out to see what had happened. 15 When they came to Jesus, they saw the man who had been possessed by the legion of demons, sitting there, dressed and in his right mind; and they were afraid. 16 Those who had seen it told the people what had happened to the demon-possessed man—and told about the pigs as well. 17 Then the people began to plead with Jesus to leave their region.

After all of this happening Jesus Christ healed the man, and he was in his right mind, and dressed. The people were afraid and those who had seen it went and told the people of the town, what had happened, with the man and possessed pigs as well. Then people began to ask Jesus to leave their region.​

18 As Jesus was getting into the boat, the man who had been demon-possessed begged to go with him. 19 Jesus did not let him, but said, “Go home to your own people and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you.” 20 So the man went away and began to tell in the Decapolis[b] how much Jesus had done for him. And all the people were amazed.

Jesus Christ complied with their asking for him to leave, and the man who was healed asked to go with him. Though Jesus did not let him. He told the man to go home and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy. So the man went away and told them all Jesus Christ had done for Him and all the people were amazed.​
What can be learned from this story if you would like to share your thoughts, hope it was okay to share this here, and thank you for you time.

They went across the lake to the region of the Gerasenes.[a] 2 When Jesus got out of the boat, a man with an impure spirit came from the tombs to meet him. 3 This man lived in the tombs, and no one could bind him anymore, not even with a chain. 4 For he had often been chained hand and foot, but he tore the chains apart and broke the irons on his feet. No one was strong enough to subdue him. 5 Night and day among the tombs and in the hills he would cry out and cut himself with stones.

Jesus and his disciples went across the lake to a region know as Gerasenes. Upon arrival, and landing on shore and getting out of the boat. A man came wandering out of the tombs to meet Jesus.​
A description of the man who lived in tombs, was someone who was very strong, no one could bind him, and every time they did bind him he would break the chains. Whether it was his hand or foot. He broke the chains apart and the irons on his feet. No one in this region was strong enough to subdue him. Night and day among the tombs and in the hills he would cry out and cut himself with stones.​
A man who was tortured night and day in which no man could ever subdue him, even after trying. This man saw Jesus come upon shore from the tombs and went up to see him.​

6 When he saw Jesus from a distance, he ran and fell on his knees in front of him. 7 He shouted at the top of his voice, “What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? In God’s name don’t torture me!” 8 For Jesus had said to him, “Come out of this man, you impure spirit!”

When the man who lived in the tombs seen Jesus, he ran towards him falling unto his knees in front of him. Did the light of Jesus Christ attract this man to come towards him? He asked Jesus Christ this question “What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? In God’s name don’t torture me!​

“My name is Legion,” he replied, “for we are many.” 10 And he begged Jesus again and again not to send them out of the area.

Then Jesus Christ asked him for his name, in which the spirit inside of him said Legion, for there were many impure spirits with-in the man. The man begged Jesus again and again not to send them out of the area. Why what is this reason?​

11 A large herd of pigs was feeding on the nearby hillside. 12 The demons begged Jesus, “Send us among the pigs; allow us to go into them.” 13 He gave them permission, and the impure spirits came out and went into the pigs. The herd, about two thousand in number, rushed down the steep bank into the lake and were drowned.

Now a large herd of pigs was feeding on a nearby hillside. (Does this remind you of the story of the man who ran off from the Fathers house and became so hungry he even ate from the pigs trough?) The impure spirits asked Jesus to send them into the pigs, and Jesus said okay, and they went into the pigs. (What is the reason for this?) Then the herd rushed down a steep bank into the lake and were drowned. (What can we learn from this?)​

14 Those tending the pigs ran off and reported this in the town and countryside, and the people went out to see what had happened. 15 When they came to Jesus, they saw the man who had been possessed by the legion of demons, sitting there, dressed and in his right mind; and they were afraid. 16 Those who had seen it told the people what had happened to the demon-possessed man—and told about the pigs as well. 17 Then the people began to plead with Jesus to leave their region.

After all of this happening Jesus Christ healed the man, and he was in his right mind, and dressed. The people were afraid and those who had seen it went and told the people of the town, what had happened, with the man and possessed pigs as well. Then people began to ask Jesus to leave their region.​

18 As Jesus was getting into the boat, the man who had been demon-possessed begged to go with him. 19 Jesus did not let him, but said, “Go home to your own people and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you.” 20 So the man went away and began to tell in the Decapolis[b] how much Jesus had done for him. And all the people were amazed.

Jesus Christ complied with their asking for him to leave, and the man who was healed asked to go with him. Though Jesus did not let him. He told the man to go home and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy. So the man went away and told them all Jesus Christ had done for Him and all the people were amazed.​
What can be learned from this story if you would like to share your thoughts, hope it was okay to share this here, and thank you for you time.​
I would say that a simple extract from this event is that the demons recognize, obey, and fear Jesus. I love this because He provides assurance that with Jesus in the picture we can never stray too far from the Shepherd that He can't get us back in the fold.

[Ezekiel 44:11, 29-30] 11 Yet they shall be ministers in my sanctuary, [having] charge at the gates of the house, and ministering to the house: they shall slay the burnt offering and the sacrifice for the people, and they shall stand before them to minister unto them. ... 29 They shall eat the meat offering, and the sin offering, and the trespass offering; and every dedicated thing in Israel shall be theirs. 30 And the first of all the firstfruits of all [things], and every oblation of all, of every [sort] of your oblations, shall be the priest's: ye shall also give unto the priest the first of your dough, that he may cause the blessing to rest in thine house.

According to what the Lord spoke through Ezekiel, there will be animal sacrifices in the Millennial Kingdom. That was a new revelation to me recently since I had not ever studied those chapters (40-48) very carefully before.

In that time, the nations that once came up against Israel will be required to attend the Feast of Tabernacles in the Millennial Kingdom:

[Zechariah 14:16-17] 16 And it shall come to pass, [that] every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles. 17 And it shall be, [that] whoso will not come up of [all] the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.

Wow. There will be no rain upon the lands of the people who refuse to attend the feast each year. Drought will be their reward in the Millennial Kingdom. That there will be people who have no desire to go near unto the Lord Jesus in that 1000 years, it staggers the believing mind, because the visitor's center for the Lord Jesus will be seven miles by seven miles, with the saints encamped all around that place where the Lord Jesus will dwell. This speaks volumes to support what is written; in that enormous armies of people will rise up at the end of the thousand years under the leadership of Satan, and the saints will not have to lift a hand in defense, for the Lord will send fire to consume them all, for them to be swallowed up in death, with Satan then cast into the lake of fire.

What a sight that will be as we watch the Lord finally defeating His greatest foe and his armies.

MM

[1 Corinthians 15:20] But now is Christ risen from the dead, [and] become the firstfruits of them that slept.

[Revelation 20:6] Blessed and holy [is] he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

[1 Corinthians 15:23] But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

I had always thought that John was referring to the first resurrection as happening at some point in the Tribulation. It seems that the concept of the "first resurrection" actually refers to a span of time, starting with Christ Jesus, through the Tribulation and into the Millenium Kingdom to the point of the "second resurrection", which is of the unsaved dead to the Great White Throne Judgement and the opening of the Book of Life.

Verse 23 seems to solidify the span thinking that I derived from these and other verses, with it making a direct like from Christ's resurrection all the way through time to the point of His coming. I included the Millennial Kingdom so that I don't create problems with the saints who live through the whole 1000 years to when Satan is released from the pit. After all, at the end of the Millennium, Christ is still come.

So, the "first resurrection" seems more than just an event, but encompasses a span of time in this realm of ours. Recall that the graves burst open at the point Jesus gave up the Ghost...?

Just some interesting thoughts for your consideration.

MM

Yes. The 1st Resurrection is actually a "Phased" event of (5) seperate resurrections which are........

(1) Jesus rose from the dead and took the Old Testament saints to Heaven at His ascension.
Psalms 68:18KJV, Ephesians 4:8KJV
(2) The Holy Spirit and the church age saints are caught up to heaven before the antichrist Is given power in the Christian nations.
2Thessalonians 2:3-12KJV, and 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17KJV also see John16:7-8KJV
(3)The mid tribulation catching up will include the two witnesses Revelation11:3,7-14KJV, the 144,000 sealed Jews from Revelation chapter 7KJV who where redeemed from the earth. See Revelation 14:1-4KJV, and the redeemed dead saints from the first half of the Tribulation. See Revelation 15:1-4KJV
(4) The dead saints from the last half of the tribulation are redeemed from the earth after the tribulation.
Revelation 20:4KJV
(5) The dead saints from the Kingdom age will be judged at the great white throne judgment along with the second resurrection sinners.
Revelation 20:11-15KJV

[Ezekiel 44:11, 29-30] 11 Yet they shall be ministers in my sanctuary, [having] charge at the gates of the house, and ministering to the house: they shall slay the burnt offering and the sacrifice for the people, and they shall stand before them to minister unto them. ... 29 They shall eat the meat offering, and the sin offering, and the trespass offering; and every dedicated thing in Israel shall be theirs. 30 And the first of all the firstfruits of all [things], and every oblation of all, of every [sort] of your oblations, shall be the priest's: ye shall also give unto the priest the first of your dough, that he may cause the blessing to rest in thine house.

According to what the Lord spoke through Ezekiel, there will be animal sacrifices in the Millennial Kingdom. That was a new revelation to me recently since I had not ever studied those chapters (40-48) very carefully before.

In that time, the nations that once came up against Israel will be required to attend the Feast of Tabernacles in the Millennial Kingdom:

[Zechariah 14:16-17] 16 And it shall come to pass, [that] every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles. 17 And it shall be, [that] whoso will not come up of [all] the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.

Wow. There will be no rain upon the lands of the people who refuse to attend the feast each year. Drought will be their reward in the Millennial Kingdom. That there will be people who have no desire to go near unto the Lord Jesus in that 1000 years, it staggers the believing mind, because the visitor's center for the Lord Jesus will be seven miles by seven miles, with the saints encamped all around that place where the Lord Jesus will dwell. This speaks volumes to support what is written; in that enormous armies of people will rise up at the end of the thousand years under the leadership of Satan, and the saints will not have to lift a hand in defense, for the Lord will send fire to consume them all, for them to be swallowed up in death, with Satan then cast into the lake of fire.

What a sight that will be as we watch the Lord finally defeating His greatest foe and his armies.

MM

Agreed. There will be a re-built temple in Jerusalem right where the ols one stood. The western wailing wall is actually the foundation of David's Temple which was left after 70 AD.

2 Thessalonians 2:1-4 ........
"Concerning the coming of our LORD Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers and sisters, 2not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by the teaching allegedly from us-whether by a prophecy or by word of mouth or by letter-asserting that the day of the LORD has already come. 3Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God.".

Tevelation 11:1-3.............
" And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein. But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months. And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth. These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

Matthew 25:15............
"When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)"

In the above verse, Jesus said the “Abomination of Desolation will “stand in the holy place.” The holy place is a reference to one of two inner chambers in God’s Temple. Jesus’ used the words of Daniel to teach a key fact about the Abomination. And the phrase Jesus used is important to take note of. Someone will stand in the Holy Place. So a temple with a Holy Place is necessary

What can be learned from this story if you would like to share your thoughts, hope it was okay to share this here, and thank you for you time.

You did not ask me but I thought I would give you a different perspective on this situation.

First of all, the demons preferred pigs to the abyss. (Interesting.....ya think?)

Secondly, these people who were growing pigs should not have been in the pig business at all. The Mosaic law forbade such a thing.

Then notice this.....the 2 thousand pigs who died were insignificant to the total of animals that died in the flood of Noah's time.

Lesson to be learned is this.......there is NO reason for any believer to be afraid of demons or adopt some superstition or spooky notion concerning them. Jesus Christ has ALL power over ALL demons and HE that is IN YOU is greater than he who is in the world (Satan).

Demons can "oppress" all of us in one way or another but they can not possess any believer!

Here, I will start:

MM

It would seem to be the beginnings of Genesis’ plural .In reference to all the work in creation not a unknown remnant the bible in parables reveals the mysteries it does not hide them making it open to speculation. .

Generations or beginnings (plural) one hid the eternal. The other revealed the temporal

(Purple in parenthesis)
my added comment

Geneis 2: 1Thus the heavens (plural) and the earth (the dwelling place) were finished, and all the host of them.

Geneis 2: 4 These are the generations (plural) of the heavens (plural) and of the earth when they (plural) were created, in the day (one) that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens,

The third heaven. . the storeroom of faith. . the unseen glory will again light up the new creation as Genesis new beginning on the last day under the sun .In it there will be no night or need of the Sun and moon .(the temporal corruption time kepers) .It’s the end of time as we know it.

You did not ask me but I thought I would give you a different perspective on this situation.

First of all, the demons preferred pigs to the abyss. (Interesting.....ya think?)

Secondly, these people who were growing pigs should not have been in the pig business at all. The Mosaic law forbade such a thing.

Then notice this.....the 2 thousand pigs who died were insignificant to the total of animals that died in the flood of Noah's time.

Lesson to be learned is this.......there is NO reason for any believer to be afraid of demons or adopt some superstition or spooky notion concerning them. Jesus Christ has ALL power over ALL demons and HE that is IN YOU is greater than he who is in the world (Satan).

Demons can "oppress" all of us in one way or another but they can not possess any believer!

It has nothing to do with the temporal things seen . Pigs as unclean animal like an Ass' represent unconvered mankind hid in parables . When asked what is the one name was . . he said Mr. LEGION . . if you get one you get the whole comapany of lies. .Rebuke one you rebuke the whole comapny of lies. They fall to the botomless pit.

The ban on cerimoniial eating was lifterd when the Son of Man came . the shadow became sight .The Holy Spirt said to Peter the denier "eat" but he would not .

It has nothing to do with the temporal things seen . Pigs as unclean animal like an Ass' represent unconvered mankind hid in parables . When asked what is the one name was . . he said Mr. LEGION . . if you get one you get the whole comapany of lies. .Rebuke one you rebuke the whole comapny of lies. They fall to the botomless pit.

The ban on cerimoniial eating was lifterd when the Son of Man came . the shadow became sight .The Holy Spirt said to Peter the denier "eat" but he would not .

And sometimes......Pigs are just Pigs!

Why add nonsense to common sense to make no sense???

It would seem to be the beginnings of Genesis’ plural .In reference to all the work in creation not a unknown remnant the bible in parables reveals the mysteries it does not hide them making it open to speculation. .

Generations or beginnings (plural) one hid the eternal. The other revealed the temporal

(Purple in parenthesis) my added comment

Geneis 2: 1Thus the heavens (plural) and the earth (the dwelling place) were finished, and all the host of them.

Geneis 2: 4 These are the generations (plural) of the heavens (plural) and of the earth when they (plural) were created, in the day (one) that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens,

The third heaven. . the storeroom of faith. . the unseen glory will again light up the new creation as Genesis new beginning on the last day under the sun .In it there will be no night or need of the Sun and moon .(the temporal corruption time kepers) .It’s the end of time as we know it.

Gare......for the 5th time.......do you believe in the Trinity? Do you believe that Jesus is the perfect Son of God, the God-Man and is the 2nd person of that Trinity, co-equal and co-eternal with the Father.

I am not asking if it is written.......I am asking you if you believe that? A simple YES or NO is all I am asking!

Psalms 91
14 Because he hath set his love upon Me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known My name.

15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

What awesome promises! When we love and follow our Shepherd closely, He will set us on high and protect us.. Our Father desires our love and devotion, and when we call on Him, He will always answer us, but always according to His will. We can count on it; after all, it’s a promise!
F84C2718-A364-4993-8714-86896E8E4465.gif

Psalms 91
14 Because he hath set his love upon Me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known My name.

15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

What awesome promises! When we love and follow our Shepherd closely, He will set us on high and protect us.. Our Father desires our love and devotion, and when we call on Him, He will always answer us, but always according to His will. We can count on it; after all, it’s a promise!
View attachment 5452
Awesome! This is the hope and assurance that we have. We always have a friend in Him.

Back