Bible Verse Sharing and Thoughts

Would like to share this passage today.

And now you Gentiles have also heard the truth, the Good News that God saves you. And when you believed in Christ, he identified you as his own by giving you the Holy Spirit, whom he promised long ago. Ephesians 1:13

Read this today.

When you believed in Christ - God identified you as his own, by giving you the holy spirit which he promised long ago.

Take care! Have a blessed day. When we believe on the Lord Jesus Christ we became Children of God.

Garee, since you've chosen to open the can, you've probably noticed that I'm not a follower of New Covenant Theology. I don't agree with it because it willfully and intentionally introduces all manner of subjective interpretations, and even pushes to the level or Replacement Theology, as was the belief of people like Origin and Luther and Augustine, and on to Hitler. Those men were seriously flawed in their thinking. This idea that because people like Origin was closer to the time of the apostles, that he must have had a right and more proper understanding of the teachings and beliefs of the apostles. That couldn't be further from the truth. 3 John 1:9 is a prime example that even in the time of the apostles, there was already departures from the purity and consistency of what the apostles taught, even the extent of telling Paul himself to get lost, and that he was not welcome in that assembly.

Not sure of what is called New Covenant Theology more of a reforming living theology in the works in a hope of restoring it as it written . (Sola scriptura) The reforming restoring authority in any generation And I do not add new meaning the word apostle, That was developed as a law of the fathers the venerable that lord it over the pew sitters( non venerable) , trying to make the Apostles venerable ones. The first apostle and martyr listed was Abel he was persecuted to death by his faithless brother .

The idea of the apostles being the source of Christian faith by which we are to believe God simply makes all things written in the law and prophets without effect an abomination of desolation .No man can serve two teaching masters. God is not served by corupted human hands as a will.

I would sugest no such things as replacement theology other than Christ took our place and suferied in our behalf .The new name the father named the bride is Christian a word with no other meaning is defined as residents of the eternal city named after the husband, Christ. Previously named her Isreal .

Christain a more befiitng name to identify the wife of Christ made up of all the nations of the world.

Now, in your Matthew 13:34 reference, you appear to have ignored the clarity of the language that cannot be allegoricalized into oblivion. That verse clearly shines the light of scope onto "...these things..." One will search in vain where that verse indicated that everything Jesus and His apostles taught was in need of interpretive dissemination in order for believers to understand. Trying to stretch that blanket wide enough to cover all of scripture only causes rips and tears in its fabric. That system of belief has no solid grounding, and should be rejected outright

Yes that instructive parable clearly shines the light of scope onto "...these things..."

Not allegorized into oblivion just according to its intention .He hides the understanding not us.

A day is as if it was a thousand years .Not into to oblivion. A day acording to the signified understanding of the inspired word of God acording to the opening verse of Revelation 1:1 is not a thousand years it one day. .Thousand is used to represent the concealed will of God throughout the bible, it’s not literal one time then the next as a parable . Parables do not change the literal historical value. They come along side (Para) and add light.

Would like to share this passage today.

And now you Gentiles have also heard the truth, the Good News that God saves you. And when you believed in Christ, he identified you as his own by giving you the Holy Spirit, whom he promised long ago. Ephesians 1:13

Read this today.

When you believed in Christ - God identified you as his own, by giving you the holy spirit which he promised long ago.

Take care! Have a blessed day. When we believe on the Lord Jesus Christ we became Children of God.

Amen to that, my friend. Thank for sharing that with us.

MM

Not sure of what is called New Covenant Theology more of a reforming living theology in the works in a hope of restoring it as it written . (Sola scriptura) The reforming restoring authority in any generation And I do not add new meaning the word apostle, That was developed as a law of the fathers the venerable that lord it over the pew sitters( non venerable) , trying to make the Apostles venerable ones. The first apostle and martyr listed was Abel he was persecuted to death by his faithless brother .

The idea of the apostles being the source of Christian faith by which we are to believe God simply makes all things written in the law and prophets without effect an abomination of desolation .No man can serve two teaching masters. God is not served by corupted human hands as a will.

I would sugest no such things as replacement theology other than Christ took our place and suferied in our behalf .The new name the father named the bride is Christian a word with no other meaning is defined as residents of the eternal city named after the husband, Christ. Previously named her Isreal .

Christain a more befiitng name to identify the wife of Christ made up of all the nations of the world.

Not allegorized into oblivion just according to its intention .He hides the understanding not us.

A day is as if it was a thousand years .Not into to oblivion. A day acording to the signified understanding of the inspired word of God acording to the opening verse of Revelation 1:1 is not a thousand years it one day. .Thousand is used to represent the concealed will of God throughout the bible, it’s not literal one time then the next as a parable . Parables do not change the literal historical value. They come along side (Para) and add light.

Garee, I will always defend your right to go off on all manner of unrelated tangents into things of which I never even suggested, much less said.

If you want me to respond to something, then please address what I actually said...or at least give me some sort of parallel by which I can tie in to my statements the topical rabbit holes you dug down into the ground all around me. I have no idea how those things relate.

For example, the wording you chose in relation to Abel...dude, I don't see that anywhere in scripture that he was "persecuted to death," and that he was an "apostle."

Where do you get this stuff if you're not a follower of any branch of Covenant Theology? Who taught you that stuff? Where did you get that, if you don't mind my asking?

MM

Garee, I will always defend your right to go off on all manner of unrelated tangents into things of which I never even suggested, much less said.

If you want me to respond to something, then please address what I actually said...or at least give me some sort of parallel by which I can tie in to my statements the topical rabbit holes you dug down into the ground all around me. I have no idea how those things relate.

For example, the wording you chose in relation to Abel...dude, I don't see that anywhere in scripture that he was "persecuted to death," and that he was an "apostle."

Where do you get this stuff if you're not a follower of any branch of Covenant Theology? Who taught you that stuff? Where did you get that, if you don't mind my asking?

MM

MM
The word apostle is sent one. Apostle is not a New Testament principle any more than the church is founded and established in old (Genisis ) . Abel is the first mentioned to receive favor/grace as a member of the church .The Holy Spirit did not have grace and mercy on Cain. Abel’s blood as well as the rest of the prophets from Abel through Zacharias as member of the eternal bride will be required of the evil generation like that of Cain.Cain will not rise on the last day

It was the first mention of anyone being put to death for the gospel. Cain plowed Abel under to set up the pagan foundation .Out of sight out of mind. As we can see it was not hid from God. Satan a murdering from that beginning. Satan is behind all murders .Most doctrine have their foundation in Genesis .

Genesis 4:8 And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him.

Some would have the church or bride of Christ that began in Genesis disappear and reappear.

Some even say mankind did not have the Holy Spirit until Acts 2. Making the foundation of the bride of Christ without effect.

I did not say I am not a follower of any branch of Covenant theology I simply follow the instruction of 1 John 2:27 ,My faith is not built on what the eyes see .Parables teach us how to walk by faith the unseen without parables Christ spoke not.

Proverbs 2:3-5 King James Version (KJV) Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding; If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures; Then shalt thou understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God.

The word apostle is sent one. Apostle is not a New Testament principle any more than the church is founded and established in old (Genisis ) .

Ok, now I can see where you're going. This is more clear to me now, and I thank you for that.

If you don't mind, I would ask that you show to me where Genesis says that Abel was a "sent one" of the caliber of Paul, or John, or Peter...et al. Now, if this is simply a matter of what you wish to think and believe, then you have that right. I'm not here to challenge that. What I do challenge is your saying these things as if they are verifiable facts that the rest of us should be able to read, and therefore believe. At least, that's how I take what you said since you stated it all as an emphatic, stand-alone truth. Had you said, "This is what I personally believe...," that would be different.

Please show us the evidence.

Abel is the first mentioned to receive favor/grace as a member of the church .

The Church did not exist until Acts 2, so please show to us where Genesis makes any stated reference to the "Church." If this is yet another of the items you choose to inject into the Genesis text because you want to believe it, that's one thing, but to state it as an emphatic truth that's verifiable by anyone else reading the text, that's another matter entirely. Please show to us the evidence, if you have any.

It was the first mention of anyone being put to death for the gospel. Cain plowed Abel under to set up the pagan foundation .Out of sight out of mind. As we can see it was not hid from God. Satan a murdering from that beginning. Satan is behind all murders .Most doctrine have their foundation in Genesis .

Yet again, I must ask about you making claim that it was for the sake of the Gospel that Abel was slain. The Gospel is a specific message, and is one that the prophets of old could never quite understand nor see, even though they desired to look into it and understand it. Please show to us where Genesis ever referenced and/or defined the Gospel to those people back then.

Some would have the church or bride of Christ that began in Genesis disappear and reappear.

Some even say mankind did not have the Holy Spirit until Acts 2. Making the foundation of the bride of Christ without effect.

Garee, now, let's keep our feet on the ground, here. I can't take dizzying heights too well. I need this in manageable morsels. Can you show to us where any OT book ever even suggested the in-filling of Holy Spirit, as opposed to the Spirit being "upon" people before Acts 2. Please provide an explanation of details rather than sporadic imagery. I need for my mind to be fruitful in understanding this rather than to spiritualize it so far out into the ether that none of us can grasp it. That's how I feel when speaking to a Hindu or a Buddhist. We should be able to speak of biblical things plainly and directly to the scriptures, so please elaborate.

I did not say I am not a follower of any branch of Covenant theology I simply follow the instruction of 1 John 2:27 ,My faith is not built on what the eyes see .Parables teach us how to walk by faith the unseen without parables Christ spoke not.

When Jesus was pointing out to the Pharisees and Scribes what a den of vipers they were, He was not speaking in parables. It was a comparative language rebuke. When Jesus revealed His second coming in Matthew 24, Mark 13 and Luke 23, He was not speaking in parables. The imagery is quite clear. I'm not teaching you about this, I'm simply stating what is clear to not only myself, but also to many others here as well.

Isaiah 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

The Lord created reason, so why would we ever shun it? He made us rational being who are unified with the spiritual and the physical...triune beings, so to speak. Why do you think the Lord would keep His Gospel on a spiritual level at the exclusion of the rational? How could we ever preach the Gospel to the lost if they were never able to understand it until after being saved and reborn?

Garee, the Church did not replace Israel. When did the Lord ever call the Church the house of David, and when did the Lord ever destroy the nations that came against the Church? No, those can only be spoken in relation to the Jews. We were grafted into the Vine, which is Christ Jesus. We were not grafted into Israel, but into Christ. Though the Lord Lord cut off the natural branch, that branch can be grafted back in. It's nothing but pure, sinful, human pride to think that we replaced Israel. Otherwise, God would not be a God of His word.

So, please give evidence to any claims to the contrary.

MM

Back