Building Foundation

Building Foundation

Hey all.

I would just like a bit of advice of building a strong, everlasting foundation with God.

Godbless.

B2LY,
you already have that foundation.
It is Jesus Christ whom you already know, believe in and love!
What is it you are struggling with, exactly?
I think you have come a long way just since you've been here!:)

The Lord told us to "abide in Me and I will abide in you"- I reccomend fellowship,time in worship, time in His Word and perhaps reading some of the writings of a great man or women of God - some of our brethren have had a tremendous insight into God's Word and a tremendous relationship and annointing on their teaching- in short make Him the obect of your time and love and you will never fail! :D - in His Name Larry

Sometimes i feel that my faith and love for God just isnt good / strong enough.

I heard in church that to break free or to get a break through in life that you need a foundation with God. Other wise, if you don't have that foundation, it won't happen / last.
And as some of you know, i've had a bad past life, and am in need of a breakthrough.

I absolutely Love worshipping, i just cant do it enough!
When im driving, practicing in the worship team, when im in bed at night, during the day whenever i can i worship. (btw, i work the sound desk in the worship team) And at church i dont find worship is long enough, i just love it and cant get enough, lol. And even when my throat starts to get sore, or dry i still carry on cos i love it.

One thing that im not so strong on is spending time in The Word.
Im not a very good reader, so i dont read my bible very often at all, except when in church, maybe then ill read a chapter once a month or so but thats it.
Because of my reading difficulties, i downloaded the Bible in MP3 format so i can listen to it instead, but then i haven't even bothered listening to it because instead of listening to someone read the bible for me, i prefer to worship.

I do pray, but i don't know how to do it properly.
Although some personal freinds of mine from the church have told me i have to attend the prayer meeting next Wednesday at church :)

Thank you & God bless.

You are on the right track - there was a man called brother Lawrence some may have heard of, he wrote a book called practicing the presence of God- God is with us all the time and brother Lawrence trained himself to stay aware of God's indwelling- keeping God's nearness and dearness on the forefront of his mind during every activity in his life- he was said to be one of the most beautiful hearts to walk God's green earth- this is the secret to an awesome walk and a fulfilling life- God created us for fellowship with Him and it is to be central in every single part of our lives- without this we are not complete- with this we have a natural desire to love Him, worship Him, read and live His Word- have a blessed day Larry

Back