CA Gov signs Right to Die bill...

Status
Not open for further replies.
he knew how to appropriate his healing in the atonement

???? He knew how to aprropriate his healing????

No. He knew how to ask God for help. He knew God was listening. He knew that good or bad, God is in control and he must be / will be able to be content. Phil 4:12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.

Kind of like in Nehemiah's time and rebuilding the wall around Jerusalem. There was much to be done so they each did their part in front of them. Same with us. There are many "lost sheep" and if we can be where God has ordained for us to be and be about His business (whatever it is He is asking of us) then everything that God wants done will get done. And nothing will be undone. It's so important to be where we are supposed to be and doing what God has for us so that those whom God has destined to cross our path in a divine apointment, will be ministered to in the way that He has desired. If we don't obey then He has to prepare someone else and then we stand before Him in judgment for our lack of obedience.
Yes, quite so. What I was trying to bring out though, in reference to Matthew 10, is that the disciples were only to go to Israel - that was their commission. It was a specific commission. That's not to say that the principles displayed in that particular incident aren't general in their application, but we have to consider scripture in its context in order to fully get the gain of it.

Let me ask you a question....was there anytime when if you were to give up those fleshly desires that it would have been very difficult? Maybe think of the believer who is doing things that they know is wrong before God, and it can be something like lying or even just getting angry. Those sins which so easily beset us. How difficult do you suppose it is for them to resist the temptation of the flesh? To them it is an area that they have not gotten under submission of the Word and can be excruciatingly difficult to resist. It may be easy for you because you have reached that point where your flesh is under control, and God's Word is more important..... but to them it could be as difficult as being beheaded for their faith in Jesus. What we have been freed from because of our obedience to the Word of God, is like being chained up or in prison. Because it still has them bound.

Different times and places govern the severity of the resistence.
Oh, absolutely. I had to go through some long and painful exercises in relation to some of these things. However, those weren't sufferings for righteousness's sake, which is the character of suffering that Paul is considering in Romans 8:18. My struggles were with the flesh, which should result in the removal of something which hindered me and held me back - essentially these things are my fault, and I brought them on myself. Paul, on the other hand, suffered for the sake of the testimony, and many believers suffer likewise. That is the distinction I would make, and why I don't believe that Paul is talking about resisting the flesh in Romans 8:18.

In my opinion each one of us has much to do and if we are taken prior to our time then those whom God had devinely apointed for us to interact with would possible parish, or live a life other than God intended, or desired. This life is not about us, its about being about the Father's business. And if we selfishly give up, then we cannot fulfill God's desired purpose.
I don't believe that we can be taken prior to our time. The Lord Jesus has broken the power of death - it has no claim on the believer. He takes each one home to be with Himself.

What do you say to those who jumped out of the window in 9/11 to escape being burnt alive?
I can't possibly imagine what those people must have been feeling. I'm sure they wouldn't have had time to consider what to do, and jumping out of a window might have seemed to many, in the spur of the moment, the best thing to do to maximise survival. I wouldn't equate that sort of situation with that of a terminally ill person, who would have time to spend in prayer and meditation on the word of God.

I can't possibly imagine what those people must have been feeling. I'm sure they wouldn't have had time to consider what to do, and jumping out of a window might have seemed to many, in the spur of the moment, the best thing to do to maximise survival. I wouldn't equate that sort of situation with that of a terminally ill person, who would have time to spend in prayer and meditation on the word of God.
If we can spend peaceful time in prayer and meditation on the word of God, I agree 100% with you. I am imagining people who can't.

Lets deal properly with their choice though. Even though it was spur of the moment. When they got to the window they knew it was death by option 1 (suicide) or death by option 2 (allow the fire to do its thing).

If you were faced with that choice what would you choose? Suicide or fire?

Last edited:
The word affliction also means, "lack" or "inadequacy". It is not in reference to a physical ailment as it solely means today

Paul ALREADY knew how to appropriate his healing, but God's promise of strength to endure was about his persecution for the huge revelation he had.

The only trial God promises we will have and that He will not deliver us from is persecution. Healing is ours already in the atonement of Jesus.

Last edited:
Yet persecution is not a weakness. Paul says, "Wherefore I take pleasure weaknesses, in insults, in necessities, in persecutions, in straits..." The thorn was a weakness, not persecution - and would persecution prevent Paul from being "exalted" (J.N.D.) or "becoming conceited" (NIV)?
Yes, persecution kept him from being inordinately exalted by the crowds.

Last edited:
???? He knew how to aprropriate his healing????

No. He knew how to ask God for help. He knew God was listening. He knew that good or bad, God is in control and he must be / will be able to be content. Phil 4:12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.
He knew how to be in good health as well, praise God.

Last edited:
If we can spend peaceful time in prayer and meditation on the word of God, I agree 100% with you. I am imagining people who can't.

Lets deal properly with their choice though. Even though it was spur of the moment. When they got to the window they knew it was death by option 1 (suicide) or death by option 2 (allow the fire to do its thing).

If you were faced with that choice what would you choose? Suicide or fire?
Well, I really don't know what I'd choose, to be honest. I think I would only know if I was in that situation. But either way, the outcome would be the same in a few minutes.

The word affliction also means, "lack" or "inadequacy". It is not in reference to a physical ailment as it solely means today

Paul ALREADY knew how to appropriate his healing, but God's promise of strength to endure was about his persecution for the huge revelation he had.

The only trial God promises we will have and that He will not deliver us from is persecution. Healing is ours already in the atonement of Jesus.
If we leave aside Paul's example, what are we to make of Timothy and Trophimus?

I know you have experienced pain due to your mom's illness. And for that i can feel your pain.... But in this post it seems to me as if you are putting more weight in the disease instead of God's power and ability to go beyond medical science and heal those who are terminally ill.

I really have the utmost respect for you and i mean no disrespect, and am not intending to cause you more pain! I just am wondering if you have tried to find Scriptures to comfort you so as to explain why things went the way that they did with your mom. It sounds like she was a strong and godly woman, whom the devil afflicted with something that took her from this earth prior to her time.

Faith in God's ability to heal and stay true to His Word is only a part of what can renew the body. The other part is renewing the mind and spirit with God's Word, speaking the Word, and hearing. Many people who were diagnoised with terminal illness are still alive today because of the Word of God and its power to heal.

Please forgive me if i incorrectly stated anything or caused you more pain. I just believe that God wanted to give you some hings to think about

Blessings of grace and peace be yours in abundance

Hi Cturtle, I was raised Roman Catholic, but I received Jesus as my savior in a Assemblies of God Church almost 40 years ago. I am not Catholic now. My mother believed in Jesus as her savior, but never searched the scriptures to find or even know what the Bible even said. Catholics just don't do that and they depend on their priest to enlighten them which is not something I would recommend to anyone. So, knowing what the Bible says about healing, and confessing it over her self was something she did not do. Having faith for healing is a must if one is to acquire this which is promised to us in the Word of God. My mother was a very strong headed person, and she did not like the fact I left the Catholic Church. :) I prayed many times that the Lord would have his way in my mothers life, and not to let her suffer as she had for many years. I know the Lord heals as he has kept me from sickness almost my entire Christian life. We can not force anyone to believe even if they are a Christian. There are many Christians who die before their time, because of not knowing and believing what Jesus did for us on his cross. It is very sad why this happens, when it does not have to happen.

Hi Cturtle, I was raised Roman Catholic, but I received Jesus as my savior in a Assemblies of God Church almost 40 years ago. I am not Catholic now. My mother believed in Jesus as her savior, but never searched the scriptures to find or even know what the Bible even said. Catholics just don't do that and they depend on their priest to enlighten them which is not something I would recommend to anyone. So, knowing what the Bible says about healing, and confessing it over her self was something she did not do. Having faith for healing is a must if one is to acquire this which is promised to us in the Word of God. My mother was a very strong headed person, and she did not like the fact I left the Catholic Church. :) I prayed many times that the Lord would have his way in my mothers life, and not to let her suffer as she had for many years. I know the Lord heals as he has kept me from sickness almost my entire Christian life. We can not force anyone to believe even if they are a Christian. There are many Christians who die before their time, because of not knowing and believing what Jesus did for us on his cross. It is very sad why this happens, when it does not have to happen.
Your faith can't help your mom?

I've not had much of an opportunity, but that doesn't mean I do not have the authority of Christ to raise the dead, because I do, and so does every Spirit-filled Christian.
This is major cop out Euphemia.

There are no sick around you? You have never attended a funeral?

He knew how to praise God in bad health too.

He never said he had to suffer sickness in all his writings surrounding his mission to proclaim Jesus Christ. He listed all his trials and not one of them was sickness.

2 Corinthians 11 provides a list of Paul's trouble: not one is sickness!
23Are they servants of Christ? I know I sound like a madman, but I have served him far more! I have worked harder, been put in prison more often, been whipped times without number, and faced death again and again. 24 Five different times the Jewish leaders gave me thirty-nine lashes. 25 Three times I was beaten with rods. Once I was stoned. Three times I was shipwrecked. Once I spent a whole night and a day adrift at sea. 26 I have traveled on many long journeys. I have faced danger from rivers and from robbers. I have faced danger from my own people, the Jews, as well as from the Gentiles. I have faced danger in the cities, in the deserts, and on the seas. And I have faced danger from men who claim to be believers but are not. 27 I have worked hard and long, enduring many sleepless nights. I have been hungry and thirsty and have often gone without food. I have shivered in the cold, without enough clothing to keep me warm.

28 Then, besides all this, I have the daily burden of my concern for all the churches. 29 Who is weak without my feeling that weakness? Who is led astray, and I do not burn with anger?

30 If I must boast, I would rather boast about the things that show how weak I am. 31 God, the Father of our Lord Jesus, who is worthy of eternal praise, knows I am not lying.

2 Corinthians 12:10 also:
That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Your faith can't help your mom?
Only if she wanted me to which would have been an act of faith on her part.

Jas 5:14.. Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
Jas 5:15.. And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

Everyone whom Jesus healed had to do something, by either stretching out their hand(s), or go somewhere, or say something, or getting up and walking. Their must be some kind of act of faith on their part to receive healing.

You said this:
Healing is always available, and yes, we can raise the dead by the power and authority we have in Christ.
To which Asuk asked: 'How many times have you done this?'

You then replied with
I've not had much of an opportunity, but that doesn't mean I do not have the authority of Christ to raise the dead, because I do, and so does every Spirit-filled Christian.
And now you say
As an ex-nurse I have to laugh at that!

I give up with you. Let me know when you actually read posts.

Only if she wanted me to which would have been an act of faith on her part.

Jas 5:14.. Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
Jas 5:15.. And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

Everyone whom Jesus healed had to do something, by either stretching out their hand(s), or go somewhere, or say something, or getting up and walking. Their must be some kind of act of faith on their part to receive healing.
Ok so your faith is 100% useless / irrelevant to helping anyone.

Her reaching out in faith is everything. I agree. Glad we cleared that one up.

Now the second issue is for you to understand that your mother cannot attend church every Sunday and not ever reach out to God.......She reaches out to God every single time she sings a hymn praising Him. We know she has touched Jesus because she attends church faithfully and she hates what is evil Rom 12:9.

I don't think you realize how insane your claim to her not reaching out to Jesus is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back