"CHRISTIANS ONLY!!!!!!"

Via, I understand the "vision" that positive thinking fosters to inspire people to strive for greater achievements in this world and beyond, but I also understand the dangers in relying upon the theological vacuum of things not specifically forbidden that we can conjure up as a defense for various things we happen to like.

As an example: I've heard many times the accusation against biblical-minded believers as to their allegedly being "So heavenly minded, they're no earthly good." That's a very valid identifier for all the brilliant scientists who apply themselves only to probes to other planets and other exploratory ventures, all in the name of their own narcissistic curiosities. When they are so focused on that to the exclusion of applying their talents to helping solve problems right here on earth, they do indeed fit that cliché I quoted here to a "T". We need solutions to the gross inefficiencies within our current, renewable energy crisis.

So, although you didn't address the lack of return on investment feature of my treatise, I understand what you're saying. What I'm trying to push for is for us all to think on a higher level of thought governed by various emphasis we find within the word of God.

Interstellar travel dreams routinely ignore the fact that we will never achieve such. Such dreams ignore the limitations placed upon us by the laws of physics that we can never hope to surpass, no matter what level of technology we may attempt to develop. This is by design, if you get my meaning. They are so fixated on trying to open a portal to their fantasy "parallel universes" that they have become no good to any of us for solving our problems right here in how to collect more of that energy our sun gives to us that is just wasted away that could otherwise serve to provide needed energy to us all.

The liberal idea that this earth is becoming depleted, as if the Lord would ever allow such, and contrary to His written word, is nothing but a belief resident within the depraved minds of elitists who want dominion over all others. Their dominion would only lead to the total annihilation/self-destruction of all mankind, which is the chief aim of Satan. The population control gurus like Bill Gates and his ilk, they are no better.

Just some thoughts to share, and see with what we agree, and what isn't agreeable. Remember, the day that I'm perfect, I'm coming right back here to set y'all straight.....so get ready!

MM
thanks MM. its always nice to hear another POV.
I will try and address all your points (one by one as I can)

I agree we need solutions to our energy crisis and todays pressing concerns here on earth now. and I don't know why we are not using more natural energy sources. I do believe there are greedy people who are in it for an easy life and /or want things there own way to gain power and wealth☹️ which causes a lot of suffering for others☹️. I wish the worlds billionaires would help with these problems, maybe actually pay some tax, but, you know, I have seen governments throw money away on projects that were meant to help and all it did was worsen the situation. governments are known to be wasteful. our NHS is terrible for wasting resources☹️ and I don't like paying tax either I would prefer to chose where my money goes to.

but i'm not on the 'space train' because I think the earths resources are finite, . but I do think the earth is a natural target for a disaster(be it human or other) maybe its pollution, a collision.....I don't know

maybe God wont flood the earth again, but we never know what lies in the future, and all I can say, is lets be well prepared. lets have another place for our children in case of another doomsday occurs.

Via, we have every assurance that this earth will not run out of resources. Were that the case, prophecy would have indicated such, so I therefore have no fear for the depletion of them. What we ARE told is that much of the life on this planet will be wiped out...human, plant, all the sea life, cities, islands, et al. However, at His second coming, after His feet touch down upon this earth, and Mt. Zion splits in half and the rivers of living water flow to the east and to the west from the fissure, the earth will be renewed and life replenished and restored to a pristine condition.

So, as you had said, the "space train" is just a wasted, human fantasy and a waste of our funds that could otherwise be used to benefit mankind. I do not actually expect mankind to do what is right and proper. Were man to do that, the Lord would be magnified throughout all the earth. We all know that is not, has not, and will not be the case until He establishes His Kingdom on this earth....and even then there will be rebellion in the hearts of many, only kept in check by the iron rod rule of the King on this earth at that time until Satan is released one last time for build a rebellion.

Nothing new in this, right? Yes. I agree. It's good to hear that you too are not on that "train."

MM

I wonder if teachers in Christian schools go round pointing fingers and telling their students in assemblies 'there are not many here who will graduate' to buck up their students to do their homework.

I wouldn't know as I never went to an all-Christian school. Did anyone?

I wonder if teachers in Christian schools go round pointing fingers and telling their students in assemblies 'there are not many here who will graduate' to buck up their students to do their homework.

I wouldn't know as I never went to an all-Christian school. Did anyone?

I do not know if they do..........but I think that they should if it would allow them to graduate!!!!

Isn't that kind of logic kind of like saying........"I wonder if telling my child to not play in traffic will allow them to be able to live to go to school and do homework"??????

well unless you walk to the front to be prayed on nobody would really know you ever attended a mega church. Its not like they take an attendance roll.

Do you suppose it's easier to fade into the woodwork in a mega-plex "church" than a smaller one of 300? My experience has shown to me that the phenomenon of fading into the woodwork is alive and well in either one in our respective cultures of self-reliance and self-sufficiency.

With most people being drawn up into their shells of what they see as safety and security, secret sins remaining out of sight and out of mind, it's alive and well. Even serial killers have hidden themselves within church groupings, as was discovered here locally when the BTK mass murderer was finally caught here in Wichita. The lack of godly discernment among modern elders is staggering. His fellow Lutheran congregation members had no idea they were shaking hands and hugging BTK himself, and one would be correct to demand that, in and of ourselves, none of us could have discerned he was such a man. The Lord, on the other hand...

MM

Do you suppose it's easier to fade into the woodwork in a mega-plex "church" than a smaller one of 300? My experience has shown to me that the phenomenon of fading into the woodwork is alive and well in either one in our respective cultures of self-reliance and self-sufficiency.

With most people being drawn up into their shells of what they see as safety and security, secret sins remaining out of sight and out of mind, it's alive and well. Even serial killers have hidden themselves within church groupings, as was discovered here locally when the BTK mass murderer was finally caught here in Wichita. The lack of godly discernment among modern elders is staggering. His fellow Lutheran congregation members had no idea they were shaking hands and hugging BTK himself, and one would be correct to demand that, in and of ourselves, none of us could have discerned he was such a man. The Lord, on the other hand...

MM
probably easier but then 300 and however many attend a mega church is probably not all that different.
Whereas the Lord had just twelve disciples and one of them betrayed him, and nobody else really knew who it was except for, of course, Jesus.

only in america

Here in nz public schools (and libraries) are open for all whatever religion. You just need to be a human to go to one and willing to learn.

Via, we have every assurance that this earth will not run out of resources. Were that the case, prophecy would have indicated such, so I therefore have no fear for the depletion of them. What we ARE told is that much of the life on this planet will be wiped out...human, plant, all the sea life, cities, islands, et al. However, at His second coming, after His feet touch down upon this earth, and Mt. Zion splits in half and the rivers of living water flow to the east and to the west from the fissure, the earth will be renewed and life replenished and restored to a pristine condition.

So, as you had said, the "space train" is just a wasted, human fantasy and a waste of our funds that could otherwise be used to benefit mankind. I do not actually expect mankind to do what is right and proper. Were man to do that, the Lord would be magnified throughout all the earth. We all know that is not, has not, and will not be the case until He establishes His Kingdom on this earth....and even then there will be rebellion in the hearts of many, only kept in check by the iron rod rule of the King on this earth at that time until Satan is released one last time for build a rebellion.

Nothing new in this, right? Yes. I agree. It's good to hear that you too are not on that "train."

MM
but what if Jeff and all the current space power people are in on making space colonies/ planets and that will be the new heavens and new earth? similar to the current earth but without sin? 😊

just think......God may be assisting them all, for all we know.

im sorry but I just can't help thinking about it.

the earth wont run out of resources but it may be that when we have found the technology we could colonise everywhere whilst we are no longer sinning😊

but what if Jeff and all the current space power people are in on making space colonies/ planets and that will be the new heavens and new earth? similar to the current earth but without sin? 😊

just think......God may be assisting them all, for all we know.

im sorry but I just can't help thinking about it.

the earth wont run out of resources but it may be that when we have found the technology we could colonise everywhere whilst we are no longer sinning😊

Well, Via, the problem is that mankind could never colonize other planets, much less other solar systems. The nearest star as said to be four light years away. The tens of thousands of years it would take to get there renders going there.....impossible for us.

What's interesting is the massive amount of faith so many have in man's ability to develop technologies that would allow him to become interstellar travelers. Given what we know about the Laws of Physics, and that they render such to be an impossibility, they continue to disbelieve in God, who has demonstrate His reality throughout all of creation.

This shines the spotlight on which crowd is REALLY the insane charlatans, living their meaningless lives in pursuit of futility.

MM

Well, Via, the problem is that mankind could never colonize other planets, much less other solar systems. The nearest star as said to be four light years away. The tens of thousands of years it would take to get there renders going there.....impossible for us.

What's interesting is the massive amount of faith so many have in man's ability to develop technologies that would allow him to become interstellar travelers. Given what we know about the Laws of Physics, and that they render such to be an impossibility, they continue to disbelieve in God, who has demonstrate His reality throughout all of creation.

This shines the spotlight on which crowd is REALLY the insane charlatans, living their meaningless lives in pursuit of futility.

MM
well I am never sure of my own beliefs, but I do think them o'neil colonies sound quite good...

it may even happen that we will never colonise another planet, and that these space hotels will dominate the skies and the earth will be renewed and the billionaires will live here charging us to visit☹️

MM

Yep. Hollywood has done a great job of propagating atheism.

I did hear that a certain extremely rich online business man went up in space and tried going to the moon recently.

Not sure why. Bored of Earth?

Oh, yeah. Public school, right? Atheism is the only religion allowed in public schools, which violates the Establishment Clause and the Constitution as a whole.
In the US, more and more public schools are setting aside classrooms as "prayer rooms" to accommodate the need for Muslim students to practice their requirements of daily prayers. It appears that only the Christian faith is proscribed from public schools. The atheists don't mind Islam because it doesn't convict them personally of sin. They don't target Muslim bakeries for lawsuits for refusing to bake wedding cakes for homosexual "marriages" like they do Christian bakers.

Back