Clothing

So...why is paisley offensive to Christians? I think it's pretty.
Or maybe thats just one of those silly internet rumours.

Paisley_design15.jpg

Getting back to Clothing, I used to have a tie with these images called a germ tie. lol!

It looks like germs?? I was thinking about my polka dot scarf, pink with white dots on it. No, my scarf doesn't have the measles.

Then I have a navy blue dress with white dots on it. No my dress doesn't have small pox.

They just have freckles. Freckles are beautiful. But then I'm reminded that God likes things 'without wrinkle or spot' and then I'm thinking oh no. Plus, I used to have clothes that were already wrinkled. It was the fashion to crush clothes up and wear them already wrinkled.

I once got rid of all my black clothes because I didn't want to look like a widow. But then I find I have to buy some again because work uniform requires it.

For my birthday, my sis gave me a black hooded rain jacket. I can now blend in the dark, I suppose. She didn't know that I would have preferred bright red so I can actually see it. I'm blind ok.

I'll be praying about your job situation.
Thanks

I was thinking..who needs the extra money anyway? It was just minimum wage.
I'm already skinny. I live at home and cant afford to leave. My parents may need a caregiver in future although they won't admit it. I've already sacrificed any future children/family to stick around for them lol.

My boss wants to keep his business by losing staff. It's ok I totally understand. I can live off the smell of an oily rag truly. I'll probably still get discount on books from them anyway. I hope. If they don't close down.

I did once entertain the idea of actually owning an independent bookshop but then considered, I actually would rather borrow books than buy them, and if we DID get ring fenced funding for libraries in schools from the govt, I would be super happy.

Well thanks for prayers I am keeping one shift, so it's something.
Maybe I should just ask for more hours at school and drop the Saturday bookshop job...but I kinda like working 4 days.

On clothing, well some of my clothes/underwear were getting holes in them so I went to kmart and got some replacements. I found that some fabrics tear easy and then it's no good patching them up as it makes it worse.

In Revelation its mentioned about the white linen robes we will wear. It's also said in the Bible only the gentiles worry about what they will wear. I'm guessing it's because God Himself will clothe us.

My verse yesterday was about the industrious Proverbs 31 lady

None of us females feel we can live up to her ideal. For a start, she does all this sewing day and night.

In quarantine, since we can't really go out and meet people, I've just been wearing the same clothes everyday....

I mended the hem of my black work shorts as it was unravelling.
But I haven't had to wear them for over a month!

Some have been sewing masks but otherwise...not much sewing being done in my household. For a start, I don't have yards of fabric to make clothes with. I once cut up a blanket to make angel robes but mum wasn't too happy I did that.

She has offered me some brown mohair but...I am feeling totally uninspired, plus it is going into summer and I don't feel like knitting anything woolly.

Just wondering are there any favourite clothes you like to wear,
Nope. I go to church in whatever I'd wear whenever I go out.
or what do you like to see on other people. Is there any particular style of 'Christian' clothing that people wear, other than the clothes themselves being clean and not full of holes?
SInce "Full of holes" is a popular style these days, I see it in our church (Crossroads Assembly of God in Duncanville, TX) with some regularity. I notice that nobody tucks in their shirts anymore - young and old. And of course there are some folks that come in dressed to the "nines". We're racially mixed, and it's the black folks that tend to dress better than us "whites" do.
If it's really cold, do you wear coats and jackets,
Of course we do. There's no place to hank 'em, so they get dumped in the seats.
Do you keep your shoes on, or are you allowed to take them off?
A few take 'em off, most don't.

I wonder what dressing to the nines really means.
I mean why not 'eights' or 'tens'. Something special about the 'nines'?

I'm supposing those that come in holey clothing would be...a 'two' though maybe you don't sit them in a corner away from the 'nines'.
Maybe you say to them..if your jeans need patching up I wouldn't bother, I'd make aprons out of them (the pockets are good for that) and give you a brand new pair with NO HOLES.

We should all just wear our pyjamas and bathrobes all the time. Comfort, and good looking. You can get pyjamas in all sorts of funky designs. Mine are pink with hearts on them.

Aw. I remember I had Garfield everything, and Garfield pyjamas. I have since gotten over my Garfield obsession...but at one point it was very bad...lol

I don't remember having a lunchbox and matching flask though I had a cookie tin and jar.

New fashion fad - possum fur

Could use our pesky possums for something.

They might become extinct though like the huia did because everyone wanted their feathers...

Well, its nearing summer and I was looking in my wardrobe and feeling like....

I need a NEW dress.

I wonder if this is just a female thing because I don't think men ever think about this. Or do they think 'I need a new tie' or 'I really need another pair of trousers...? In a different colour?

I can't explain it. I already have lots of dresses. But I've worn them all before.

Well, its nearing summer and I was looking in my wardrobe and feeling like....

I need a NEW dress.

I wonder if this is just a female thing because I don't think men ever think about this. Or do they think 'I need a new tie' or 'I really need another pair of trousers...? In a different colour?

I can't explain it. I already have lots of dresses. But I've worn them all before.

Hey Lanolin;

Go buy yourself a new dress and enjoy. I know so many people who only wear sweatpants and a hoodie at home and when going out, every day and nothing else! It's like they've given up.

As for men, yes, I'm in the market for a new pair of dress shoes.

I wear what ever I want whether its in style or not. If its too low cut I wear a tank under it; if its too short I wear leggings with it.
My attire might be creative sometimes, but Im a colorful anyway. Even in quiet clothes my presence radiates in any setting.
Modesty and meekness are traits I try hard to display, but my shell is weathered and seasoned tough enough to show.

Wearing clothes is a necessity, so I might as well enjoy my attire.

Back