Communion for Pro Abortionists

Should that just be for selected Catholic Churches or should Protestant churches have a "litmus" test as well?
Dear Major,
Some questions for you as I can believe you have thought this over.

If used as a “litmus test” how universally should/would this be applied or mandated?

When framed as a spiritual divide then would it apply to all the congregation or just those individuals in the public view or consciousness?

In the U.S., the Government has to adhere to certain guidelines concerning separation of church and state, does the church (scripture) have give guidance on any church reciprocality?

Should this question be the only question of morality and adherence to Gods commandments to be asked be before being eligible for a complete ministering?

Maybe too many questions, but these and a few more occur to me. Also, please don’t infer I am pro-abortion by these questions, I am cautious however when man seeks to separate the flock into those who are worthy and those who are lacking.
Thank you and God Bless you.

1 COR 11:27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord
11:28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
We are responsible for ourselves for if we are unworthy we accept His punishment and damnation.

BEFORE THE THREAD FELL OFF THE TRACKS, THE SUBJECT WAS............

Communion for Pro Abortionists????​

Should that just be for selected Catholic Churches or should Protestant churches have a "litmus" test as well?
no litmus test we preach the word let a man examine himself if he is the faith.

Dear Major,
Some questions for you as I can believe you have thought this over.

If used as a “litmus test” how universally should/would this be applied or mandated?

When framed as a spiritual divide then would it apply to all the congregation or just those individuals in the public view or consciousness?

In the U.S., the Government has to adhere to certain guidelines concerning separation of church and state, does the church (scripture) have give guidance on any church reciprocality?

Should this question be the only question of morality and adherence to Gods commandments to be asked be before being eligible for a complete ministering?

Maybe too many questions, but these and a few more occur to me. Also, please don’t infer I am pro-abortion by these questions, I am cautious however when man seeks to separate the flock into those who are worthy and those who are lacking.
Thank you and God Bless you.

Thank you for asking. I am/was a Southern Baptist. So, it is very hard for me to think that they would use a litmus test. Several years ago....(15 I think) there was a push to identify Masons and that went no where. I for one do not think that the SBC has the gumption to do such a thing. Some of the pastors will rant and rave and condemn.....but no one will actually do anything because it will damage the giving.

I think personally it would apply to everyone in the congregation. When we vote for a political leader who is pro-abortion, we are also for abortion.!

Proverbs 24:11-13 clearly convicts those people who vote for pro-abortion leaders........
"If thou forbear to deliver them that are drawn unto death, and those that are ready to be slain; 12 If thou sayest, Behold, we knew it not; doth not he that pondereth the heart consider it? and he that keepeth thy soul, doth not he know it? and shall not he render to every man according to his works?"

I for one have brought this up at every communion service and said that if you are convicted and angry at what I just said......then you are not angry with me but at God because YOU have placed your political position above the Word of God.

Now......I do not think anything personally of your questions one way or the other. They are perfectly acceptable! Please understand that I am an Old Fashioned country boy blessed by God all his life and all my life I have not shied away from controversial issues. Because I speak the word of God without apology I have certainly ran off some people but........they needed to go somewhere else and God always multiplied their leaving!

IMHO this is not about me separating the flock but I do with all my heart believe that it is an issue that God is going to use to seperate Believers from MAKE BELIEVERS.

A woman who is a Christian now and had an abortion in her past can be and will be forgiven of that sin when it is confessed, but she can not continue in doing it or voting for those who do IMHO.

The word here to use I think is "Carnal Christians" who trust in Jesus for salvation, but they still think, act, and react like the world. Often, they are new to the faith or simply have not allowed the Holy Spirit free access to every area of their hearts. They are trying to live the Christian life in their own strength, while still being heavily influenced by the world’s way of thinking.

The carnal mind has not been fully renewed by the Word of God and still seeks compromise with the world. Carnal Christians allow the persuasive viewpoints of the ungodly to sway their opinions on many things, including abortion and homosexuality! Spiritual growth requires us to shed our old ways of thinking as we become more like Christ. We begin to see things the way God does, and the closer to Him we become, the less we agree with the world’s system. If a person continually refuses to allow the Word of God to transform his thinking, chances are great that he is not really a Christian.

It is my personal opinion that we are living in the days right before the Rapture and God the Father is right now in the process of "culling out or separating" the real from the un-real and abortion i one of those along with homosexuality that will do the defining!

Thank you so much for such an excellent thought out question!!!!!

. If a person continually refuses to allow the Word of God to transform his thinking, chances are great that he is not really a Christian.
as that is exactly how it should be taught. this stuff i was saved as a kid baptized but live for the devil but still saved dont cut it paul listed serval types who will not be in heaven. then he said such AS YOU WERE { past tense } 2nd Corinthians 5:17

It is my personal opinion that we are living in the days right before the Rapture and God the Father is right now in the process of "culling out or separating" the real from the un-real and abortion i one of those along with homosexuality that will do the defining!
Ah… you may be an optimist at heart.
But seriously, my spouse would agree 100% with this assessment, I actually hope so, but worry it’ll get much worse beforehand.
But here I may be in double jeopardy in derailing your thread once more and in treading the line on forbidden topics.

So, back on track.

I agree with most of what you write, the vast majority actually. I do find the politicalization of the church and Gods laws inherently troubling, particularly when it is the church that is doing the politicalizing. Weighing it on a general level is one thing but calling out individuals seems to be leveraging celebrity and feels publicly punitive, to me at least. It seems as if they are pouring milk into mud and then expecting purification.

Thank you Sir for your thoughtful and generous answers.
God Bless

Last edited:
Pelosi and Biden should heed the warning of Saint Paul for their own sake…

1 Corinthians 11:27-29 KJVS
[27] Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. [28] But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. [29] For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

Ah… you may be an optimist at heart.
But seriously, my spouse would agree 100% with this assessment, I actually hope so, but worry it’ll get much worse beforehand.
But here I may be in double jeopardy in derailing your thread once more and in treading the line on forbidden topics.

So, back on track.

I agree with most of what you write, the vast majority actually. I do find the politicalization of the church and Gods laws inherently troubling, particularly when it is the church that is doing the politicalizing. Weighing it on a general level is one thing but calling out individuals seems to be leveraging celebrity and feels publicly punitive, to me at least. It seems as if they are pouring milk into mud and then expecting purification.

Thank you Sir for your thoughtful and generous answers.
God Bless
Thank you for the kind comments and respectful way of communication!!!! It is a blessing to talk with you!

There is really no way of knowing how much the Church will endure before the Rapture but I believe we are right now in the beginning of that process. God’s wrath is a specific span of time that includes the Seal, Trumpet and Bowl judgments. These judgments unfurl during the last seven years before the Lord returns to establish His Kingdom on Earth.

The Bible does not promise that we’ll escape any of the difficult times leading up to the last seven years. We know things have been getting progressively more difficult for several years now. Just how bad they’ll get before the rapture is anyone’s guess.

You stated........
" calling out individuals seems to be leveraging celebrity and feels publicly punitive, to me at least."

Yes it is but that is what has to be done.= IMHO. If God's preachers do not "call out" and condemn what God condemns...then who will.
The calling out of injustice and condemning SIN is risky business. It’s uncomfortable, life-threatening even. Ask Amos or John the Baptist!

as that is exactly how it should be taught. this stuff i was saved as a kid baptized but live for the devil but still saved dont cut it paul listed serval types who will not be in heaven. then he said such AS YOU WERE { past tense } 2nd Corinthians 5:17

I agree.

1 John 2:19........
"They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us."

There is no such thing as being a Christian and living in KNOWN sin.

I agree.
1 John 2:19........
"They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us."
There is no such thing as being a Christian and living in KNOWN sin.

Hello Major;

"There is no such thing as being a Christian and living in KNOWN sin."

Amen to that! They keep one foot in the world of sin and the other foot in the church on Sunday. Either they were not serious about Jesus when they were saved, or chose the apostasy way out. In the eyes of God you cannot be both.

God bless you, brother, and your family.

Hello Major;

Amen to that! They keep one foot in the world of sin and the other foot in the church on Sunday. Either they were not serious about Jesus when they were saved, or chose the apostasy way out. In the eyes of God you cannot be both.

Bob.....I must tell you that as I aged, both physically and as a pastor, I got to the point that I just had NO patience with those who read Playboy on Saturday night and their Bible on Sunday morning.

You can be one or the other but not both!

Hello Major;

see we can have sin in our life.. i know couples living together yet saying they are saved. to farter this discussion. i would have go in to doctrine that creates heartburn on both sides. so we can have known sin .

You can be one or the other but not both!

but yet it is taught yet saved .. mind this i am not arguing doctrine . because i lean in the direction of being secured in Christ. . so it has to be one or the other . yes i have my scriptures to be fair with both you i know southern baptist doctrine .

see we can have sin in our life.. i know couples living together yet saying they are saved. to farter this discussion. i would have go in to doctrine that creates heartburn on both sides. so we can have known sin .

but yet it is taught yet saved .. mind this i am not arguing doctrine . because i lean in the direction of being secured in Christ. . so it has to be one or the other . yes i have my scriptures to be fair with both you i know southern baptist doctrine .
If you are still willfully living in sin, then you have not repented of that sin. Is one truly saved in that case? If so why then does anyone need to repent or stop living a life of sin? Christs blood is not a license to sin, but rather, a purchase of our souls so that we belong to Him and should do what we know pleases Him.

If you are still willfully living in sin, then you have not repented of that sin. Is one truly saved in that case? If so why then does anyone need to repent or stop living a life of sin? Christs blood is not a license to sin, but rather, a purchase of our souls so that we belong to Him and should do what we know pleases Him.
WELL i am waiting for reply from the o.p .it just seems like some one challenges some one and its a deep freeze worse than the anarchic. i simply want to understand the belief There is no such thing as being a Christian and living in KNOWN sin. if that be the case that cancels out a certain doctrine. surely undoubtedly we can discuss this as adults and it not get carried away into a heated argument . if they dont want to discuss it post it with them exact words

i know a older couple who has lived together for some time.. the only problem with what your saying i know folks a fter salvation goes back to old nature yet .it is taught still saved still go to heaven. i am just trying to clarify known sin

i know a older couple who has lived together for some time.. the only problem with what your saying i know folks a fter salvation goes back to old nature yet .it is taught still saved still go to heaven. i am just trying to clarify known sin
I take it to mean willful sin. Fornication is called out specifically. I am sorry if my post seemed argumentitive, it was not meant to be, nor is this one.

I take it to mean willful sin. Fornication is called out specifically. I am sorry if my post seemed argumentitive, it was not meant to be, nor is this one.
no i take no offense to your post i am just trying clarify known sin .if i ask a question i really expect a answer .its something i need to examine

no i take no offense to your post i am just trying clarify known sin .if i ask a question i really expect a answer .its something i need to examine
Its kind of like asking God to forgive you for the murder you are about to commit. God will not step outside of His nature. I know that is an extreme example, but I hope it helps you understand. To repent of a sin is to aknowlege it is wrong and turn away from it.

Its kind of like asking God to forgive you for the murder you are about to commit. God will not step outside of His nature. I know that is an extreme example, but I hope it helps you understand. To repent of a sin is to aknowlege it is wrong and turn away from it.
appreciate the reply i understand repent but if we have to repent then that means we have known sin. but i await the o.p reply .if they dont i will move on

Back