Coronavirus spreading around the world

This doesn't look good...
"China warns coronavirus can spread before symptoms show

Rising toll: 80 people are dead and more than 2,700 cases have been confirmed in mainland China, as the Wuhan coronavirus continues to spread throughout Asia and the rest of the world.
China on lockdown: Nearly 60 million people have been affected by partial or full lockdowns in Chinese cities as the country's government steps up its response.
Global spread: There are more than 50 confirmed cases in 13 places outside of mainland China, including at least five in the United States.
Contagious before symptoms: People can spread the virus before symptoms show, China's health minister said Sunday, complicating efforts to contain the outbreak."https://www.cnn.com/asia/live-news/coronavirus-outbreak-01-27-20-intl-hnk/index.html

"Stocks tumble amid growing coronavirus fears
Global stock markets sank Monday amid growing fears about the Chinese coronavirus that has killed dozens and spread to more than 10 countries.

The MSCI All-Country World Index tracking stocks in more than 40 countries fell 0.42 to its lowest point in two weeks after the death toll from the virus rose to 81 and three new cases were confirmed in the US this weekend.

“The coronavirus is an economic and financial shock,” Bannockburn Securities chief market strategist Marc Chandler told clients, according to Reuters. “The extent of that shock still needs to be assessed, but it could provide the spark for an arguably long-overdue adjustment in the capital markets.”...
Dow turns negative for the year in 450-point drop on coronavirus fears

"China races to build hospitals to deal with coronavirus"

Last edited by a moderator:

Rising toll: 80 people are dead and more than 2,700 cases have been confirmed in mainland China, as the Wuhan coronavirus continues to spread throughout Asia and the rest of the world.
China on lockdown: Nearly 60 million people have been affected by partial or full lockdowns in Chinese cities as the country's government steps up its response.
Global spread: There are more than 50 confirmed cases in 13 places outside of mainland China, including at least five in the United States.
Contagious before symptoms: People can spread the virus before symptoms show, China's health minister said Sunday, complicating efforts to contain the outbreak."https://www.cnn.com/asia/live-news/coronavirus-outbreak-01-27-20-intl-hnk/index.html

Global stock markets sank Monday amid growing fears about the Chinese coronavirus that has killed dozens and spread to more than 10 countries.

The MSCI All-Country World Index tracking stocks in more than 40 countries fell 0.42 to its lowest point in two weeks after the death toll from the virus rose to 81 and three new cases were confirmed in the US this weekend.

“The coronavirus is an economic and financial shock,” Bannockburn Securities chief market strategist Marc Chandler told clients, according to Reuters. “The extent of that shock still needs to be assessed, but it could provide the spark for an arguably long-overdue adjustment in the capital markets.”...https://nypost.com/2020/01/27/stocks-tumble-amid-growing-coronaviru...'][URL='https://nypost.com/2020/01/27/stocks-tumble-amid-growing-coronavirus-fears/']https://nypost.com/2020/01/27/stocks-tumble-amid-growing-coronaviru...[/url]

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMr2hI4l1O8[/url]
Yes, it is looking a little harsh.

Sounds really bad.
Its a bit weird how the media is focusing on stock and finances when actually it's people who are DYING. Like they care more about capital than the people.

Please pray for all those affected and those that have to deal with those who are dying.

“The coronavirus is an economic and financial shock,” Bannockburn Securities chief market strategist Marc Chandler told clients, according to Reuters. “The extent of that shock still needs to be assessed, but it could provide the spark for an arguably long-overdue adjustment in the capital markets.”...
Dow turns negative for the year in 450-point drop on coronavirus fears

One of the reasons that this keeps happening......remember the BIRD flu and the SWINE flu, is cultural more than prophetic??? They originated in China.

I am NOT an expert in any way, but I do have a close relative that came from China and we have talked about this very thing many times.

China is a severely closed society. The masses living in rural area do not have medical care and by the time the world has found out, the virus spreads because of falling health care and preventive measure.

WHY???

The Simple and obvious answer is that the Chinese prefer to buy fresh meat instead of packaged and stored in a refridg.

Chinese people value freshly slaughtered meats as being better tasting and more healthy. So there are tons of random people just selling live animals on the street without any regulations or sanitary testing requirements.

In a way, it's really cool to be free to do whatever you want that way. But the flip-side is that sick animals get sold to families who take them home and eat them for dinner, passing on viruses to humans.

The new variant of Corona Virus is no different. Researchers think the new strain came from a snake. How odd is that?????

Wuhan apparently has a large market for live animals and freshly slaughtered meats. Meats in the open attract rats, roaches, birds flying over and dropping their waste and the list goes on and on.

I think that's the reason honestly, it's cultural.

Preventative care is the key containment and the hopes of preventing pandemics. When a society is not concerned enough to help their own citizens through enforcing proper food sanitation, what is the rest of the world to do? Those like me with auto immune diseases (hla-b27), don't stand a chance. If its around me, Im going to catch it.

Preventative care is the key containment and the hopes of preventing pandemics. When a society is not concerned enough to help their own citizens through enforcing proper food sanitation, what is the rest of the world to do? Those like me with auto immune diseases (hla-b27), don't stand a chance. If its around me, Im going to catch it.

Blessings to you my sister.

Its not cultural.

Its just they don't have fridges. They may be poor and not hooked up to electricity.

Don't try to make it a cultural thing. Before any country had fridges, plagues and flus and typhoid and cholera etc were a common occurance everywhere in the world.

I am prepared for a lot of racist remarks when I go out now. I don't expect it on a Christian forum.

It looks like it spreads through water flows and human contact...

"Hong Kong officials evacuated and quarantined dozens of residents of an apartment building after two people living on different floors were found to be infected with the coronavirus, the authorities said on Tuesday.

The two cases appeared to suggest that the virus had spread through the building, perhaps through a pipe, raising new fears about the virus’s ability to spread." https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/11/world/asia/coronavirus-china.html

I think travellers need to be wary and not put themselves at risk.
We have quarantine in place for those coming from China, but its also been on some cruise ships.

Our lantern festival has been canceled this year and Mum didn't want to go to Waitangi Day festivals and be around people too much, but I haven't noticed too much racism directed at me personally. Thank God.

The issue really is hygiene and clean water. In NZ you now cannot drink a lot of river water because of giardia and other contiminents, not to mention run off from roundup and God knows what fertilisers being used that leach into the groundwater. Our Kauri trees have been mysteriously dying and my hunch is its directly related to water quality. Phytophera kills lots of plants and people just don't get that diverting water and wasting water has an impact everywhere.

Looking back over 95 years of life, I have had two main interests; my career as a scientist and my upbringing as a Christian believer.
Broadly, they resolve into the HOW and the WHY of creation.

The discussion here seems to revolve around the 'how' but it is the 'why' that concerns me. We can understand the ways in which a virus can spread, and we may know how to moderate that spread, but I would like to think that the Holy Spirit would lead us into the truth as to why the world is subjected to 'natural' disturbances of many different kinds.

I am surprised that all the talk here has been on the scientific ramifications rather than the resulting effect of our faith. Has the devil the power and will to cause this kind of thing ? We believe that our loving God would put a stop to that, or does He see all this as a natural result of our persistent sin and unbelief ?

I have had such wonderful experiences of answers to my prayer that I cannot understand why the effects of a treated illness sometimes result in death and sometimes in hearty thanks for continued work in the assignments of life.
Jesus spoke of the battles of the future as if they were part of the plan, yet healed all those who asked for healing.
It’s a puzzle.

God bless you and your longevity in life.
I think you hit it when you said 'those who asked'.
A pardon has to be recieved before it becomes effective.

God bless you and your longevity in life.
I think you hit it when you said 'those who asked'.
A pardon has to be recieved before it becomes effective.

Allow me to give all of you some scary facts.

Swine flu originated in China. It was fought with antibiotics.

Bird flu also originated in China and it was also contained and fought with antibiotics.

SARS also originated in China and as the others was fought and contained by the use of antibiotics.

The Corona virus originated in China and it is also being fought with antibiotics.

There seems to be a pattern here. The nexus of all of these is that they originated in a "Communist" country.

Today.....90% of all antibiotics are produced in China.

China has no regulatory agency that oversees the selling of meat and poultry and neither does it have an agency that regulates any production of medicine.

For some reason that sends chills down my back.

Thoughts...…...……????

Allow me to give all of you some scary facts.

Swine flu originated in China. It was fought with antibiotics.

Bird flu also originated in China and it was also contained and fought with antibiotics.

SARS also originated in China and as the others was fought and contained by the use of antibiotics.

The Corona virus originated in China and it is also being fought with antibiotics.

There seems to be a pattern here. The nexus of all of these is that they originated in a "Communist" country.

Today.....90% of all antibiotics are produced in China.

China has no regulatory agency that oversees the selling of meat and poultry and neither does it have an agency that regulates any production of medicine.

For some reason that sends chills down my back.

Thoughts...…...……????

Hello my friend
Of course we know that antibiotics don't heal, we would say that antibiotics foster an environment where healing can take place. So, given that all healing comes from God, because He is the source of life, is God then bound by conditions/circumstance through which He might administer healing?

Current conditions may stir my emotions, such as China's plight, but they do not determine our destiny.

I like the Serenity Prayer:
“God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.”

Hello my friend
Of course we know that antibiotics don't heal, we would say that antibiotics foster an environment where healing can take place. So, given that all healing comes from God, because He is the source of life, is God then bound by conditions/circumstance through which He might administer healing?

Current conditions may stir my emotions, such as China's plight, but they do not determine our destiny.

I like the Serenity Prayer:
“God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.”

I am no expert on this subject in any way whatsoever. However I would say that I do not agree with your thought that antibiotics "don't heal".

Yes, I have no argument that God does intervene on occasion to heal people without the aid of medicine. However I think that everyone would agree that God has allowed man to produce medicine in order to stimulate and accomplish the healing of sicknesses.

Also, nowhere does the Bible urge us to reject medical treatment. God has given us the ability to develop modern medical treatments, and we should see them as a gift from His hand.

It’s interesting that Luke, who wrote two major books in the New Testament (Luke and Acts), was a physician; Paul called him “our dear friend Luke, the doctor” (Colossians 4:14). Luke witnessed a number of miracles while traveling with the Apostle Paul, and he realized that they came from God’s hand. But he never rejected the use of his medical skills, because he knew God could use them to bring healing.

This doesn’t mean, however, that we shouldn’t pray when someone is sick and ask God to heal them. I totally agree that ultimately, our lives are in Gods hand and even when He uses medicine to bring about a person’s healing, He still should get the credit. The Bible is clear in
Psalms 68:20...…...“From the Sovereign Lord comes escape from death”.

I think that everyone would agree that the days before 1928 when penicillin was developed, men died from such things as a paper cut and the flu not to mention measles and other common sicknesses. Child birth was an adventure due to infections which do not happen today.

Now as for China not determining our destiny. Of course that is true as the only one who does that is God Himself and that goes without saying.

However, God gave some comments as to what is going to come about. One of those is in Matthew 24:7-8 ...........
"For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. All these are the beginning of sorrows."

The word "Pestilence" is also meant to be “Plague”. Pestilence is a deadly disaster, usually a disease, that affects an entire community. Pestilence is contagious, virulent, and devastating.

Now consider Revelation 16:2-17. "Many" Bible students consider the "Kings of the East" as China. They in fact have a 200 million man army.

All I am saying is that it is very interesting that so many "Pestilences" have originated in China in recent years who seems to be the agent in the last days who at the end of the tribulation, after the sixth bowl judgment will cross the Euphrates River which will be dried up, allowing the “kings from the East” to invade the Near East and march toward Israel. It is the “kings from the East” identification that many associate with China. The Chinese army, or a Chinese-led coalition, will take advantage of the removal of a natural barrier and sweep westward to meet up with the forces of the Antichrist.

Compare that with the fact that they now produce 90% of the only thing that will fight these "Pestilences" and one might want to be concerned.

Major, Y'all might be on to somethin' there. But let's look just a bit farther into what might be goin' on. Let's just suppose for a minute that all them viruses were deliberately set loose. As we all know, China is over populated at about 1.5 billion people, with health care like a third world county in many regions. And, as y'all said, much of the world's antibiotics come from China, so if there is a deliberate action on the part of someone, behind the scenes, they would be doing somethin' that would not only reduce the population so the people can be more managed and controlled by the Communist government, but also promote their own antibiotic and drug industry for profit gains. Makes one stop and think.

Dear PaducahLuke;

Thank you for sharing important information about the Coronavirus. This impacts the whole world.

Lets not single out any one society, instead as believers of faith and obedience in Christ we are all in this together.

Lets all continue praying for the Lord's covering upon the families who lost their loved ones from the virus.

Lets all be in fervent prayer for people who have caught the virus.

Lets all pray for our individual preventive health precautions.

Jeremiah 17:14, 14 Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved, for you are my praise.

Jeremiah 30:17a, 17a For I will restore health to you, and your wounds I will heal, declares the Lord,

I am no expert on this subject in any way whatsoever. However I would say that I do not agree with your thought that antibiotics "don't heal".

Yes, I have no argument that God does intervene on occasion to heal people without the aid of medicine. However I think that everyone would agree that God has allowed man to produce medicine in order to stimulate and accomplish the healing of sicknesses.

Also, nowhere does the Bible urge us to reject medical treatment. God has given us the ability to develop modern medical treatments, and we should see them as a gift from His hand.

It’s interesting that Luke, who wrote two major books in the New Testament (Luke and Acts), was a physician; Paul called him “our dear friend Luke, the doctor” (Colossians 4:14). Luke witnessed a number of miracles while traveling with the Apostle Paul, and he realized that they came from God’s hand. But he never rejected the use of his medical skills, because he knew God could use them to bring healing.

This doesn’t mean, however, that we shouldn’t pray when someone is sick and ask God to heal them. I totally agree that ultimately, our lives are in Gods hand and even when He uses medicine to bring about a person’s healing, He still should get the credit. The Bible is clear in
Psalms 68:20...…...“From the Sovereign Lord comes escape from death”.

I think that everyone would agree that the days before 1928 when penicillin was developed, men died from such things as a paper cut and the flu not to mention measles and other common sicknesses. Child birth was an adventure due to infections which do not happen today.

Now as for China not determining our destiny. Of course that is true as the only one who does that is God Himself and that goes without saying.

However, God gave some comments as to what is going to come about. One of those is in Matthew 24:7-8 ...........
"For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. All these are the beginning of sorrows."

The word "Pestilence" is also meant to be “Plague”. Pestilence is a deadly disaster, usually a disease, that affects an entire community. Pestilence is contagious, virulent, and devastating.

Now consider Revelation 16:2-17. "Many" Bible students consider the "Kings of the East" as China. They in fact have a 200 million man army.

All I am saying is that it is very interesting that so many "Pestilences" have originated in China in recent years who seems to be the agent in the last days who at the end of the tribulation, after the sixth bowl judgment will cross the Euphrates River which will be dried up, allowing the “kings from the East” to invade the Near East and march toward Israel. It is the “kings from the East” identification that many associate with China. The Chinese army, or a Chinese-led coalition, will take advantage of the removal of a natural barrier and sweep westward to meet up with the forces of the Antichrist.

Compare that with the fact that they now produce 90% of the only thing that will fight these "Pestilences" and one might want to be concerned.

Hello Major
I have read a bit of your material and see that you know where you stand and that a wave or two don't bother you...
Having said that I would like to pitch one at you.

If antibiotics have healing powers then put some on a tear of clothing and it should mend the tear.
We would say that is silly because there is no life in clothing - so there is nothing to heal - and of course that is right.
So what is healing - but a life process.

In contrast then, what is sickness but a perversion disrupting the life process.
An antibiotic then simply creates an environment that inhibits or prevents that particular perverted process from continuing - and if the given life of the host is strong enough it will continue to reproduce the intended cell structure we would call healing.

When I get sick from a disease it is a direct consequence of the sin nature of man. When I survive it is because life is not in the hands of men, but int he hands of GOD. Ultimately those antibiotics that helped keep me healthy in the past, were just a tool made by man. Jesus Christ came to save my soul, not the life of my flesh. Im ready to go when he is ready to take me. It doesn't matter what takes me out, but who in standing with me.

Back