Coronavirus spreading around the world

Hello Major
I have read a bit of your material and see that you know where you stand and that a wave or two don't bother you...
Having said that I would like to pitch one at you.

If antibiotics have healing powers then put some on a tear of clothing and it should mend the tear.
We would say that is silly because there is no life in clothing - so there is nothing to heal - and of course that is right.
So what is healing - but a life process.

In contrast then, what is sickness but a perversion disrupting the life process.
An antibiotic then simply creates an environment that inhibits or prevents that particular perverted process from continuing - and if the given life of the host is strong enough it will continue to reproduce the intended cell structure we would call healing.

That is not quite the case. Sickness is the result of sin. In general, sickness is part and parcel of life in a broken and fallen world. It’s part of the fallout from our collective rebellion against God, and in that sense is indiscriminate.

Antibiotics are given to combat "infections". I think that it is short sighted to think that modern medicines such as antibiotics do not have healing qualities. I understand what you are saying, however for the process of healing to take place, God has given man the ability to create medicines that allow such a thing to happen.

If a man has an infection from a cut on his leg and is not treated with antibiotics, he will loose 1st his leg and then his life. The term "sawbones" was given to military doctors who had to cut off legs and arms to keep the victim alive from infections before antibiotics were created.

I believe that what you are saying is that If, the body’s infection-fighting mechanisms are able to keep the infection from spreading, and then win the battle, the infection will be killed.

What I am saying is that antibiotics improve the likelihood this scenario will occur and history proves that fact.

Bless you my friend!

Major, Y'all might be on to somethin' there. But let's look just a bit farther into what might be goin' on. Let's just suppose for a minute that all them viruses were deliberately set loose. As we all know, China is over populated at about 1.5 billion people, with health care like a third world county in many regions. And, as y'all said, much of the world's antibiotics come from China, so if there is a deliberate action on the part of someone, behind the scenes, they would be doing somethin' that would not only reduce the population so the people can be more managed and controlled by the Communist government, but also promote their own antibiotic and drug industry for profit gains. Makes one stop and think.

Agreed. Interesting fact.

Now consider this. All of the contagious virus's in the last 10 or so years all have one thing in common...….
They began in a "Communist" country.

Im sure the "giants" that have been sleeping with their large third world country labor profits, will begin to rethink where they do business. The Dow alone is down almost 900 points in two days. Tech giants like Apple took a huge hit with almost $160 billion in losses in four days.

Tougher times are coming for everyone, rich and poor.

Well, here is the latest from CNN...

"Hong Kong / London (CNN Business)Global stock markets plummeted for a seventh consecutive day on Friday as the coronavirus continued to spread, increasing fears that the epidemic will wipe out corporate profits and push some of the world's biggest economies into recession.

China's Shanghai Composite (SHCOMP) closed down 3.7%, bringing losses for the week to 5.6%, the index's worst performance since April 2019. Japan's Nikkei (N225) ended down 3.7% and benchmark indexes in Australia and South Korea both shed 3.3%.

European stocks suffered even greater losses, with Germany's DAX (DAX) dropping as much as 5% in early trading and London's FTSE 100 (UKX) shedding 4.4%. In Italy, where 17 people have now died as a result of the virus, the benchmark FTSE MIB index was down nearly 4%.

US stock futures were also sharply lower Friday, suggesting that the country's three main indexes will resume their plunge after a sharp sell-off on Thursday during which the Dow suffered its worst ever points loss, dropping 1,191 points, or 4.4%. The S&P 500 suffered a similar fall and has slid more than 10% from its recent peak....
The corporate warnings paint a dire picture of the effect that the coronavirus is having on some of the world's biggest economies. Growth in China is expected to slow significantly, and other economies such as Japan and Germany could slide into recession as the outbreak compounds weakness caused by factors including the trade war between the United States and China.
If the coronavirus outbreak becomes a global pandemic, $1 trillion could be wiped off the world economy, with recessions in the United States and the eurozone, according to economists at Oxford Economics. "
FTSE 100 and other global stocks plummet again on coronavirus fears - CNN

Well, here is the latest from CNN...

"Hong Kong / London (CNN Business)Global stock markets plummeted for a seventh consecutive day on Friday as the coronavirus continued to spread, increasing fears that the epidemic will wipe out corporate profits and push some of the world's biggest economies into recession.

China's Shanghai Composite (SHCOMP) closed down 3.7%, bringing losses for the week to 5.6%, the index's worst performance since April 2019. Japan's Nikkei (N225) ended down 3.7% and benchmark indexes in Australia and South Korea both shed 3.3%.

European stocks suffered even greater losses, with Germany's DAX (DAX) dropping as much as 5% in early trading and London's FTSE 100 (UKX) shedding 4.4%. In Italy, where 17 people have now died as a result of the virus, the benchmark FTSE MIB index was down nearly 4%.

US stock futures were also sharply lower Friday, suggesting that the country's three main indexes will resume their plunge after a sharp sell-off on Thursday during which the Dow suffered its worst ever points loss, dropping 1,191 points, or 4.4%. The S&P 500 suffered a similar fall and has slid more than 10% from its recent peak....
The corporate warnings paint a dire picture of the effect that the coronavirus is having on some of the world's biggest economies. Growth in China is expected to slow significantly, and other economies such as Japan and Germany could slide into recession as the outbreak compounds weakness caused by factors including the trade war between the United States and China.
If the coronavirus outbreak becomes a global pandemic, $1 trillion could be wiped off the world economy, with recessions in the United States and the eurozone, according to economists at Oxford Economics. "
FTSE 100 and other global stocks plummet again on coronavirus fears - CNN

the mortality rate of the Corona virus in the USA is...…...0%!

IN the USA in 2019, 80,000 people died from the common flu.

It seems to me that there is some real over reaction to this so far.

Dear brothers and sisters;

Let's also be doers of the Word.

Lets not single out any one society, instead as believers of faith and obedience in Christ we are all in this together.

Lets all continue praying for the Lord's covering upon the families who lost their loved ones from the virus.

Lets all be in fervent prayer for people who have caught the virus.

Lets all pray for our individual preventive health precautions.

Jeremiah 17:14, 14 Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved, for you are my praise.

Jeremiah 30:17a, 17a For I will restore health to you, and your wounds I will heal, declares the Lord,

I just raided the pharmacy for over the counter cold/flu pills and guaifenesin cause "its coming to a theater near you".
I better get a current will drawn up this next week. Only God can save us now.

Its now in nz and there were people panic buying at the supermarket the other day.
I didn't go but thats what I heard. They were buying Facemasks and hand sanitisers. This happened in all the other outbreaks too, with swine flu,SARS, bird flu etc.

One case now at Auckland Hospital, coming in from Iran I think. I would advise caution in travelling especially on airplanes and ships. People in confined spaces where the air quality can be compromised.

The holy spirit can be as powerful as the wind..or rain depending. So I would just keep praying. People prayed for rain in Australia and it rained, so we can all pray for fresh air and God will send the wind.

Don't go to work if you are sick, I just find that irresponsible for people to do that, to go to work sick cos they think the organisation would collapse if they didn't. Stay at home.

God gave us a day to rest, if people don't take it and think they need to work 24/7 they will eventually work themselves sick. Eg. the manna in the desert was only meant to be gathered on the day and twice on the day before the Sabbath. If they tried to gather more than that and store it they made themselves sick and the manna went rotten. I am sure companies can survive with a day off. You also need to take your holidays and breaks.

People don't seem to cotton on to the fact that God does want people to rest, and sometimes the consequences of not resting are dire.

the mortality rate of the Corona virus in the USA is...…...0%!

IN the USA in 2019, 80,000 people died from the common flu.

It seems to me that there is some real over reaction to this so far.
Very true, the media seems to look for this type of thing.

Very true, the media seems to look for this type of thing.

News media "must" look for exciting and or dangerous news as that is what drives their income. The worst news has always been the one that news outlets focus on until...…….something worse happens and then what was really bad just melts away in light of the new story takes over.

Now the bad thing is that if there is no real bad news then they have to create something to generate viewer participation.

I hope with all my heart that I am right about the "Corona" virus being overblown and exaggerated.

News media "must" look for exciting and or dangerous news as that is what drives their income. The worst news has always been the one that news outlets focus on until...…….something worse happens and then what was really bad just melts away in light of the new story takes over.

Now the bad thing is that if there is no real bad news then they have to create something to generate viewer participation.

I hope with all my heart that I am right about the "Corona" virus being overblown and exaggerated.

Well, without question, the media is adding fuel to the fire, but it’s what they do. The mortality rate, in the US, is (thus far) only 1, so still in the .0%; however, that percentage will change. It is around 2.3 % worldwide, but that number will fall, once more people get it.

To put this in proper perspective, here is the CDC summary of last year’s flu season: “CDC estimates that the burden of illness during the 2018–2019 season included an estimated 35.5 million people getting sick with influenza, 16.5 million people going to a health care provider for their illness, 490,600 hospitalizations, and 34,200 deaths from influenza

I think the bottom line is that we have no idea where this is headed. This is not the first coronavirus we have had to deal with, it’s just a newest one. Like all others, otherwise healthy people will deal with it well. It is the old and those with pre-existing respiratory issues that will have the hardest time.

This is the latest from the CDC:
The bottom bottom line is that we just do not know enough to know enough, but we really do need to avoid panicking. This is not the end of the world, nor is it the start of a zombie apocalypse. For the moment, I suggest we: wash our hands often, don’t go around licking table tops, avoid large gatherings, and limit your intake of CNN.

rtm3039

Our Prime Minister has urged calm. I would agree that panicking does not help anybody.

Just keep praying.

I have seen all sorts of panics that people have. AIDS, SIDS, ebola, Sars, swine flu, bird flu, anthrax, bali bombings, christchurch shootings, 9/11, volcanic eruptions, earthquakes, hurricanes, bushfires, cyclones, measles, nuclear test threats, water shortages, electricity blackouts, drownings, car crashes, stabbings ..the list is endless.

Is there ever a time when there has never been a crisis, somewhere in the world? Be safe folks, and remember keep calling on our Saviour.

well we got another case from someone flying in from Italy. In the next suburb from me, they checked themselves into the medical clinic.
I really not sure about the standards of airport security here!

Now people are worried about world trade and ok but really think about it. You all have the basic resources you need to survive without having to import things from other countries. So if something happens now and flights all over the world are stopped, would that be a bad thing? You make do with what you have got, people have done it before.

It might actually be a good thing.

eg. When Elton John got sick he just cancelled his concert and sure his promoters probably lost lots of money from ticket sales and people were disappointed but hey I would rather that he stayed home and rested then perform sick in front of thousands of people. You can still listen to his CDS and watch on the tv. If you are a fan, which I'm not, but it's really not the end of the world.

We have telecommunications where we can now facetime or skype people from overseas without having to fly there in person. It's not expensive to do this. You don't really need to go on overseas holidays, or go far to engage with people. There are people living right next door whom you have probably never met.

Anyway, yes people are dying. But we all need to die to ourselves first.

I had a cold last year and I was sick the entire school holidays. All the teachers were too. I used up all my sick leave (5 days) and probably have one left. No way I am not putting children's health at risk by coming in sick just for the extra bucks. I wouldn't even go out to the doctor for a cold or flu remedy and spread it to the doctors, cos that's just silly, to go out, have to go visit them and make even more people sick.

Ok. they are closing schools in NYC where I just came back from....

"We are writing to inform you that there is a suspected case of coronavirus in our community," the school wrote in an email signed by the principal of SAR, Rabbi Binyamin Krauss. "We are in touch with the New York City Department of Health and are following their guidelines."

The co-educational school, which describes itself as "modern Orthodox," informed parents that as of Tuesday, the closure was only for "precautionary" reasons and that parents should "remain calm."

Westchester County Health Commissioner Dr. Sherlita Amler directed the Young Israel of New Rochelle to halt all services on Tuesday until further notice due to the possibility of COVID-19 exposure connected to the man who tested positive today. Congregants who were at services at the synagogue on February 22 or at a funeral and bat mitzvah at the synagogue on February 23 must quarantine themselves until March 8 at the very earliest...

Governor Andrew Cuomo said at a news conference on Tuesday that a man who lives in the New York suburb and works in Manhattan tested positive for the novel coronavirus, adding that the 50-year-old man had an underlying respiratory illness and is hospitalized. He added that the patient had not traveled to countries considered to be major locations of the outbreak, but had visited Miami recently."... https://www.jpost.com/Breaking-News...h-Day-school-closes-due-to-coronavirus-619620

Here is more....
"NY SHUL ORDERED CLOSED, Jewish Man In Serious Cond; TRAVELED TO ISRAEL; Three Jewish Schools Closed [TEHILLIM NAME]...

He recently travelled to Miami and Israel during the past few months, but possibly not during the two week incubation period.

He returned to Westchester some time ago and started showing serious symptoms last week."...

Ok. they are closing schools in NYC where I just came back from....

"We are writing to inform you that there is a suspected case of coronavirus in our community," the school wrote in an email signed by the principal of SAR, Rabbi Binyamin Krauss. "We are in touch with the New York City Department of Health and are following their guidelines."

The co-educational school, which describes itself as "modern Orthodox," informed parents that as of Tuesday, the closure was only for "precautionary" reasons and that parents should "remain calm."

Westchester County Health Commissioner Dr. Sherlita Amler directed the Young Israel of New Rochelle to halt all services on Tuesday until further notice due to the possibility of COVID-19 exposure connected to the man who tested positive today. Congregants who were at services at the synagogue on February 22 or at a funeral and bat mitzvah at the synagogue on February 23 must quarantine themselves until March 8 at the very earliest...

Governor Andrew Cuomo said at a news conference on Tuesday that a man who lives in the New York suburb and works in Manhattan tested positive for the novel coronavirus, adding that the 50-year-old man had an underlying respiratory illness and is hospitalized. He added that the patient had not traveled to countries considered to be major locations of the outbreak, but had visited Miami recently."... https://www.jpost.com/Breaking-News...h-Day-school-closes-due-to-coronavirus-619620
We have been fortunate, this far, here in Miami. Well, aside from that guy who came visiting. I guess it is just a matter of time. No need to panic, as this too shall pass.

rtm3039

Back