Could you be a cult leader?

Dancing and sleeveless women are two I can think of. The wildest I heard was in the 80's a guy said the reason the world was in such sad shape was because God was mad about the space shuttle and rockets sent into space.

I'm not really a sin pointer-outer

I know I have my rules for the place that I am in charge of eg the library. But they will not apply to other places.

For God though, he was quite specific in the Bible of what sins were for His people, of which most know the Ten commandments at least. (there were many more, but for the most part people remembered the first ten).

Jesus however, knowing nobody could ever keep them, forgave them, sacrificed his life to pay for them, and said we need only remember two. Love God and love each other.

Did anyone watch the modern day " I am Jesus " video I posted ?
Ppl are hungry to be set free and yet want their ears tickled.
Are they decieved by falsehoods or themselves ?

Do you think cultist leaders are sly or delusional ?

Are they decieved by falsehoods or themselves ?

Do you think cultist leaders are sly or delusional ?
I think it can be either - some are pure evil, and others are completely deluded. Either way they are being used by the enemy to enslave other souls searching for the truth. This is why we always need to pray for discernment.

I think absolutely it is easy to fall prey to deception and, in turn, deceiving others is something people learn to do to get their way.

There is also self-deception, which is lies people tell themselves. Lies can make people feel good, as sometimes the truth hurts.

When people are told to listen to their hearts, its not always good advice because hearts can be wicked and deceitful!

Cult is a System of religious veneration and devotion directed towards a particular figure or object. Small group of people having religious practices regarded as strange or sinister.

Charisma is having a compelling attractiveness or charm that can inspire devotion in others.

The WORD of God is defined as a manifestation of the mind and will of God. Scripture means "What God has said". The WORD of God is also used as the name that describes Jesus Christ.

Adam had the first spiritual encounter with God as a made "in our image" man.Through his grandson by Seth, man began to call on the name of God and recognise a higher power.

We are a chosen generation,a royal priesthood,an holy nation,a peculiar people; that he should shew forth the praises of HIM who called you out of darkness into HIS marvellous light 1 Peter 2:9

Conscience is an inner feeling that voices the rightness or wrongness of one's behaviour,an internal guide.
Does everyone have a conscience?
As a believer are you led by the Spirit of God?

Rms.8:14 /16 For as many as ARE LED BY the Spirit of God,they are the sons of God.
The Spirit itself beareth WITNESS with our spirit,that we are the children of God.

We see in this generation of whole denominations that have a cult like mentality.
I pray we get fruitful friendly input here.

I will respond as I can....Thank you.
Yes when we fail to follow the truth
when we fail to walk in truth
then we can turn to become as cult leaders
No matter to say, many Christian leaders are becoming as cult leaders.. very sad
They are working to build their own kingdom but not Lord's kingdom

Back