Craft or Hobby?

Outdoors: hiking, swimming, camping, shooting - these are family activities.

Ain't the NW great for this stuff.
We have a goldmine where we go camping. It is great to get my boys out of town for a weekend. They already love shooting. It will be even better when I don't have to hold the gun for them.

Garden of Eden
Don, are you serious? I love miniatures and taught a class once on making plants. How would you know what the Garden looked like? Is there actually some mention of it?

Yes, I am serious. It's more of being true to the concept than making it look exactly like the garden of eden. Did you know that persian gardens and the Taj Mahal are replicas of the garden of eden?

Genesis 4
8And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.
9And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil. 10And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads.

The basic idea is a walled garden, with waterworks to water the garden (four streams to represent the four rivers) and in the garden to plant every tree that is pleasant to the sight and good for food. Of course I couldn't plant every tree but I could plant a wide variety of exotic edibles, that's what I'm studying. Going back to a time of innocence and plenty every fruit and nut (I know some will think I'm the nut...ha, ha..) in it's season. Like Noah preserved the animals from the flood, I would like to preserve a wide variety of plants that are good for food. Many other people are doing this same thing, preserving seeds and plants and creating test farms. One good example, is http://www.seedsavers.org They are more geared to preserving vegetable seeds while I'm more interested in fruits and nuts and perenial vegetables and grains.

Ain't the NW great for this stuff.
We have a goldmine where we go camping. It is great to get my boys out of town for a weekend. They already love shooting. It will be even better when I don't have to hold the gun for them.

Yup! I can't imagine living anywhere else!

:eek: Wow a goldmine! I won't tell my parents, they're goldpanners. They'd hold something ransom until I got the location out of you! HeeeHee!

Yup! I can't imagine living anywhere else!

:eek: Wow a goldmine! I won't tell my parents, they're goldpanners. They'd hold something ransom until I got the location out of you! HeeeHee!

It is a lot of fun. We go up there a couple times a year and pan a little bit. If there is enough water in the creek we run the sluice box some. But we never get that much. A few flakes. I am still waiting for the mother lode.

I swear this now, okay?

I'm going to start making Christmas presents now. Then I won't have to go shopping next December.

Hmmm...okay, lemme see.

I'll make a Homer Simpson spice rack, first...:p

i knit, cross-stitch, make and design cards, scrapbook. I made all my own wedding stationery and hope to make others.

Video Games
Sculpting
Painting
Drawing
Guitar
Listening to Music
Cross stitch
Reading
Jogging
Freaking out the establishment!!!

oh and eh, i play the keyboard, guitar and glockenspeil too. Listen to worship music. But my real love is my pets, but they are not a hobby or craft.

Got a new one...and I'm passionate about this!

Over the last week, I've been absorbed in this book shelf I've been building.

It occupied 100% of me! Cutting, drilling, measuring, sanding, etc. I had no idea what it was going to look like when I was done, but I kept on.

I'm really terrified of my circular saw...but I love building things. So I pray each time I use my saw that I won't cut anything off that the Good Lord intended for me to keep for my entire life. I ask Jesus, as a Master Carpenter and my Saviour, to help me and guide me.

Then I cut away!

My face gets hot, hours go by like minutes...I get hungry but I find it hard to stop building! It's amazing!

Turned out that it was too small to hold my books, but it holds about 300 DVD movies...and it was fun! :D

I do mosaics and stained glass. I also do painting.

JUDE012.jpg

ShieldofFaith-SwordoftheSpirit.jpg

Picture071-1.jpg

JUDE003.jpg

Picture075-1.jpg

Thank you! I design sword panels for Christians....don't sell them.....but hey...we love doing them!

Here is mine: I think it should hang the other way. What do you think?

judyssword.jpg

judyssword1.jpg

You have a great gift!

Those are remarkable!!!:eek:

How long does it take you to do, say, the one for Christians?

Thanks for sharing the pics, amazing!

Back