DEATH PENALTY

Do YOU support a Federal Law for the death penalty for Police killers

• 1. Yes

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • 2. No

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
Over the last few years, we have seen a steady increase of attacks and felonious killings of law enforcement officers.
We also see on a weekly if not daily basis where a mass murder takes place.

Now what I am proposing, and I personally have written letters to both of my US Senators and Congressmen, is that we as a country, we pass a Federal Law that "ANY MURDER OF A LAW ENFORMENT OFFICER or MASS KILLING" be an automatic death sentence when the suspect is found guilty by a jury.

I asked my congressmen that the process include NO BAIL and NO APPEAL for any "technical" concerns. Guilty means guilty! I also stipulated that when the verdict is given the sentence be carried out within 60.

I for one am sick to my stomach at hearing of a man who kills a bunch of people including babies and children and I do not care what his mental problem is. Mental illness can not be an excuse to place a man in prison for 50 years so that he can live in A/C, get 3 meals a day and work out or watch TV.

Then the idea that a man can kill a Police officer is an abomination. The ONLY thing that separates the man doing the killing of us, is a Police Officer. When the killing of a police offer is allowed, you can bet that YOU will be next in line at sometime.

The reason it must be a Federal Mandated Law is that We see local district attorneys and governors that won't follow their states laws or -- some may argue --- can go overboard with it. These inconsistencies can subject the victims and their families to an uneven application of justice.

IF this kind of judgment and action would be allowed, you can bet the farm that it will reduce these heinous crimes.

Hello Major;

I edited the voting poll, check either Yes or No.

I have a question before we vote. Can Christians advocate the death penalty and is it directed by God? I'm referring to Romans 13.

There are many new and seasoned believers who still are not clear on this so could you give a brief teaching?

God bless you, Pastor.

I agree except for no appeal and 60 days. We must let the appeal process play out to satisfy justice and leave no doubt of guilt. I do agree the process should be expedited. Perhaps 365 days would be sufficient.

Hello Major;

I edited the voting poll, check either Yes or No.

I have a question before we vote. Can Christians advocate the death penalty and is it directed by God? I'm referring to Romans 13.

There are many new and seasoned believers who still are not clear on this so could you give a brief teaching?

God bless you, Pastor.
Absolutly and thanks for the correction.

The issue of the death penalty has long been a constant debate among Christians. One side justifies capital punishment from its biblical origins as retribution of wrongdoing, while the liberal side argues against the practice, maintaining a holistic pro-life stance.

The concept of capital punishment was established in Genesis 9:6: ........
“Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed.”

Romans 13:4 specifically discusses the concept of government’s authority, mandating the instruction: “he [rulers] does not bear the sword in vain.”

Romans 13 comes closest to speaking of the state's authority to execute, but significantly it refers to the state's authority, not obligation, to execute. This is consistent with the position that states are permitted, not mandated or prohibited, the use of this sanction.

These verses in Romans outline that government has the God-granted right to punish wrongdoing, which includes implementation of the death penalty. New Testament principles of love and forgiveness apply to Christians but not to governments and authority. The Bible makes it clear throughout Romans 13 that government was established as “an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer.”

That is exactly what we see in the Old Test. scriptures. With that biblical view of government, Christians can promote the death penalty as directed by God.

Now there is a problem that we all know and it is the wrongful death of someone. Since 1973 according to the Death Penalty Information Center, over 185 mistakenly convicted prisoners on death row have been exonerated, pointing to a trend of erroneous death sentences.
While that is a concern, IMHO it should not overshadow the implementation of a death sentence when appeals have all been exhausted.

The Old Testament Law prescribed the death penalty for an extensive list of crimes including:

Source: https://www.christianbiblereference.org/faq_CapitalPunishment.htm

Now clearly, and I should not have to say this but, Christians are no longer bound by the legal code of Old Testament Law. The argument of a Biblical mandate for capital punishment is also contradicted by the fact that many of the capital crimes in the Old Testament are considered relatively minor today. Very few people in the Christian world would support capital punishment for such things as doing work on the Sabbath, false prophecy or making false statements about a woman's virginity.

However.....NO ONE is talking about the death penalty for breaking the Sabbath or Blasphemy or even prostitution etc.
The mandate for the death penalty is MURDER without mercy and without bias to race.

The point of this passage in Romans 13 is that Christians must not use their freedom from the Old Testament religious Law as an excuse to violate the civil law. We must obey civil authority, which is instituted by God, because of fear of punishment as well as conscience (verse 5).

I agree except for no appeal and 60 days. We must let the appeal process play out to satisfy justice and leave no doubt of guilt. I do agree the process should be expedited. Perhaps 365 days would be sufficient.
I would agree to that. Sixty days may not be long enough. But ..........25 years is silly!

The problem being...

The harsher the penalties the law or sentencing guidelines prescribes, the less likely that it will be actually imposed. It seems that some prosecutors (as well as judges) are reluctant to charge or convict when that is on the table. Instead they plea-bargain down to a lesser offense.

The problem being...

The harsher the penalties the law or sentencing guidelines prescribes, the less likely that it will be actually imposed. It seems that some prosecutors (as well as judges) are reluctant to charge or convict when that is on the table. Instead they plea-bargain down to a lesser offense.
That is why is should be a Ferdally mandated Law.

That is why is should be a Ferdally mandated Law.
First, I am sympathetic, I don’t know anyone personally that isn’t sympathetic.

I am not a lawyer, but in my understanding for a federal statute to be enforced, all charges would need to be handled by federal prosecutors and adjudicated in federal courts with federal judges.

The states would likely see this as an unwarranted federal intrusion into states rights. Do we want more federal intervention in the affairs of states? Once this door is opened you have a one size fits all solution and this will necessarily be homogenized so as to be acceptable to all 50 states, so compromises are inevitable and likely no one will be happy with the outcome.

I don’t believe the answer lies with more executions but with a greater emphasis on teaching the Bible and the Lord’s commandments to children.

That said, I am pessimistic about this happening soon.

First, I am sympathetic, I don’t know anyone personally that isn’t sympathetic.

I am not a lawyer, but in my understanding for a federal statute to be enforced, all charges would need to be handled by federal prosecutors and adjudicated in federal courts with federal judges.

The states would likely see this as an unwarranted federal intrusion into states rights. Do we want more federal intervention in the affairs of states? Once this door is opened you have a one size fits all solution and this will be homogenized to be acceptable to all 50 states, so compromises are inevitable.

I don’t believe the answer lies with more executions but with a greater emphasis on teaching the Bible and the Lord’s commandments to children.

That said, I am pessimistic about this happening soon.

I agree and you are correct. I do not have the answers. I just submit a way to fix what is broken. Of course what I submit will never happen!

Our country does not have the stomach for it...........UNTIL one of their own children is killed!

No one wants to kill a pedophile. He is just a disturbed man who is struggling to get through life, Forgive him, counsel him.
UNTIL it is their 7 year old little girl who is raped, and killed by a pedophile then it is..........EXECUTE HIM!

I have a close friend who works in the state penal system. He has done many works on pedophilia and those in the prison system.
He has told me several times," those here in prison should be executed. There is NO rehabilatation for them. When they are released, they will go and do the very same thing again and again until they are caught."

Last edited:
I do not have the answers. I just submit a way to fix what is broken.
Dear Major , l do believe you have answers, in fact, I know you do.

The problem is not enough people want listen to the solutions, to do the work needed. The answers are found scriptures. They aren’t a secret, Jesus gave us the answers to these problems in the sermon on the mount.

I am with you Major we want the same thing, the same outcome.

I do not know what system is restrictive enough to disallow prosecutors and judges to use judgement in their duties, but it isn't the one whose birthday we celebrated this week
The best we can do is to install good men (and ladies) and ?_trust_? to their judgement, realizing that their jobs are defined by the population as a whole thru elected representatives who appoint them.

Dear Major , l do believe you have answers, in fact, I know you do.

The problem is not enough people want listen to the solutions, to do the work needed. The answers are found scriptures. They aren’t a secret, Jesus gave us the answers to these problems in the sermon on the mount.

I am with you Major we want the same thing, the same outcome.
LOL.....;), Nice try and I appreciate you saying that but alas I do not.

I only posted what was in my heart having seen way tooooo much mass killings and policemen taken from their families.

Our son was a policeman for 25 years. His mom and I sat and bathed him in prayer every single day. We were relieved that he was promoted to a lieutenant and did not have person to person calls any more. We were ecstatic the day he told us he was retiring.

We have agonized for the families of policemen who are murdered weekly! It is a tragedy and may post was to brang some awareness to something we CAN DO if we would do it.

In fact, I received letters from both my Senators and both were in agreement BUT....as has been stated here, correctly I might add, implementation of the obvious is a mountain to climb!

I do not know what system is restrictive enough to disallow prosecutors and judges to use judgement in their duties, but it isn't the one whose birthday we celebrated this week
The best we can do is to install good men (and ladies) and ?_trust_? to their judgement, realizing that their jobs are defined by the population as a whole thru elected representatives who appoint them.
All I am saying is that IF...IF there was a federal mandated judgment that said when a man who murders a policeman is found guilty beyond a shadow of doubt and the appeal proves he is guilty, he should be executed.

If that could be done, I know that it would be a deterrent to people killing policemen.

It is kind of like the evil man who has murder in his heart. He just hads to kill someone BUT..........Not in Texas and Florida.
They execute people like me.,

The issue of the death penalty has long been a constant debate among Christians. One side justifies capital punishment from its biblical origins as retribution of wrongdoing, while the liberal side argues against the practice, maintaining a holistic pro-life stance.
Until it comes to the life of the unborn, then all of a sudden most drop their 'holistic pro-life stance'.

I would agree,. although I don't think an automatic 'no bail' stance would stand in a society where a person is innocent until proven guilty.
I say that because of the severity of the crime. Killing a police officer is the most severe. It is a crime against humanity as well as the authority of government.

So would you be willing to change the judicial system to 'guilty until proven innocent'?
No. That is not what I said.

Post #13...........
"All I am saying is that IF...IF there was a federal mandated judgment that said when a man who murders a policeman is found guilty beyond a shadow of doubt and the appeal proves he is guilty, he should be executed."
I am referring to UNPROVOKED attacks of the police. The FBI characterizes as "unprovoked" any attack "that, at the time of the incident, was not prompted by official contact between the officer and the offender." In other words, it's the brazen targeting of law enforcement seemingly for no other reason than because the criminal involved wants to kill police and doesn't fear the consequences.

It's easy to see that it is violent people who would think killing police officers for doing nothing more than sitting quietly in a cop car is justified. IF.....and because they do that, there is NO reason to think that this person. persons will not do the very same thing to you and me.

Last edited:
No. That is not what I said.

Post #13...........
"All I am saying is that IF...IF there was a federal mandated judgment that said when a man who murders a policeman is found guilty beyond a shadow of doubt and the appeal proves he is guilty, he should be executed."
I am referring to UNPROVOKED attacks of the police. The FBI characterizes as "unprovoked" any attack "that, at the time of the incident, was not prompted by official contact between the officer and the offender." In other words, it's the brazen targeting of law enforcement seemingly for no other reason than because the criminal involved wants to kill police and doesn't fear the consequences.

It's easy to see that it is violent people who would think killing police officers for doing nothing more than sitting quietly in a cop car is justified. IF.....and because they do that, there is NO reason to think that this person. persons will not do the very same thing to you and me.
What I read in post#1 was...

"I asked my congressmen that the process include NO BAIL and NO APPEAL for any "technical" concerns. Guilty means guilty! I also stipulated that when the verdict is given the sentence be carried out within 60. "

So I wondered about 'no bail', in the light of our judicial system of 'innocent until proven guilty', but then again many suspects are denied bail depending on the circumstances revolving around the case.

What I read in post#1 was...

"I asked my congressmen that the process include NO BAIL and NO APPEAL for any "technical" concerns. Guilty means guilty! I also stipulated that when the verdict is given the sentence be carried out within 60. "

So I wondered about 'no bail', in the light of our judicial system of 'innocent until proven guilty', but then again many suspects are denied bail depending on the circumstances revolving around the case.

I guess I should have been more precise. I thought it was a given that anyone accused of such a crime, would be held in jail till their trial. Anyone who would kill a policeman should not be out on bail. THEN if found guilty there should not be a long drawn out appeal process.

I originally said 60 days but upon reflecction it may take a little longer. I would say 1 year would be the limit. My personal OPINIONS!

Back