DEATH PENALTY

Do YOU support a Federal Law for the death penalty for Police killers

• 1. Yes

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • 2. No

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
Yes, I know, and that has me wondering about Hitler, Putin, Stalin and many others. Plus, the fact we are told to obey them. I do not want to go on the battlefield and kill people.

What do you think?
Obviously, when it comes to going against what God has commanded, then we are to obey God rather than man.

I believe that you are well aware that capital punishment is never specifically removed or replaced in the Bible. While some would argue that the New Testament ethic replaces the Old Testament ethic, and that is exactly what we have seen here, there is no instance in which a replacement ethic is introduced.

I also think that you will agree that what we see now is OPINIONS and FEELINGS. As we have already seen, Jesus and the disciples never disturb the Old Testament standard of capital punishment. The Apostle Paul teaches that we are to live by grace with one another, but also teaches that we are to obey human government that bears the sword.

I also think you will agree that Capital punishment is taught in both the Old Testament and the New Testament.

That is a lot of thinking!
Agreed, but without much thinking... just God's Word.
I 'think' some over think or over feel the issue, without resorting to God's Word.

I dislike this sort of talk, neither is it what Jesus would have taught, and on a Christian forum as well.

I need to put you on ignore. Sorry.
OK with me !

I did not like or agree with your comments......but I do not put you on ignore. What I post is always validated by the Word of God!

However, there must be a distinction when it comes to police officers. You see, if a man is so demented so as to purposely plot and carry out an ambush and kill a police officer.....there is NO limit as to what he will do next!
You are creating a two-tiered system of justice.

Do YOU support a Federal Law for the death penalty for Police killers?

Dear brothers and sisters, we seem to have wandered far afield from the original question, as often happens.

However, after a reading of the posts, it seems there are differing opinions on this issue.

I believe that people of good faith and conscience can have differing opinions. Let’s all endeavor to allow and respect this, and let’s be kind to each other.

You are creating a two-tiered system of justice.
I am not trying to do that. I am just saying that the purposeful murder of a policeman is a heinous crime. I do not mean to say he/they are more important than anyone else....However the uniform they wear represents ALL the people of the city. So in a way, when one is murdered ONLY because he is a police officer, isn't that the murder of ALL the people????

Just to say, because there are two things that went unsaid, but I will only say one of them, which is that if I was called up, you would find me on the front line carrying a stretcher trying to save life. I would hate every second of it, but I would do it.
And I would commend you highly for that kind of service!

I can also say to you that the men who do the fighting in war hate every second of what they do as well!

I am not trying to do that. I am just saying that the purposeful murder of a policeman is a heinous crime. I do not mean to say he/they are more important than anyone else....However the uniform they wear represents ALL the people of the city. So in a way, when one is murdered ONLY because he is a police officer, isn't that the murder of ALL the people????
I appreciate your position. We agree that all murder is heinous but I must disagree with the rest. It seems your argument is less about the murder of the policeman and more about disrespecting the governing power. In this case we should apply this reasoning to the murder of any government employee in the course of their duties, not just policemen.

I appreciate your position. We agree that all murder is heinous but I must disagree with the rest. It seems your argument is less about the murder of the policeman and more about disrespecting the governing power. In this case we should apply this reasoning to the murder of any government employee in the course of their duties, not just policemen.
If that is your perception, then I have in some why misrepresented my opinion as that is NOT what I meant.

IMHO.....the uniformed policeman represents the people. He works for the city but the people are who he protects. He is the one on the fireing line.

It has become painfully obvious in cities across the United States, police officers are vital for maintaining a well-functioning, safe society. Those cities that DEFUNDED the police saw their crime rates soar and now have gone back and increased the funding for their police.

For example, the Los Angeles City Council agreed to cut its police department budget by $150 million in 2020. Just one year later, the LAPD's budget has increased by 3 percent, and the city's police commission is asking for $213 million more for the fiscal year ending in 2023.

The LIBERAL media, after painting the police as nothing less than evil white supremacists, and then coupling that imagery with soft-on-crime policies, it's easy to see why violent people would think killing police officers for doing nothing more than sitting quietly in a cop car is justified.

However, THE ONLY thing that prevents anarchy in the USA is the POLICEMAN! When he is gone......We are done.

The man who will plan, ambush a police officer today, has not problem walking into your house tomarrow, and killing your entire family. That is my ONLY POINT here.

If that is your perception, then I have in some why misrepresented my opinion as that is NOT what I meant.

IMHO.....the uniformed policeman represents the people. He works for the city but the people are who he protects. He is the one on the fireing line.

It has become painfully obvious in cities across the United States, police officers are vital for maintaining a well-functioning, safe society. Those cities that DEFUNDED the police saw their crime rates soar and now have gone back and increased the funding for their police.

For example, the Los Angeles City Council agreed to cut its police department budget by $150 million in 2020. Just one year later, the LAPD's budget has increased by 3 percent, and the city's police commission is asking for $213 million more for the fiscal year ending in 2023.

The LIBERAL media, after painting the police as nothing less than evil white supremacists, and then coupling that imagery with soft-on-crime policies, it's easy to see why violent people would think killing police officers for doing nothing more than sitting quietly in a cop car is justified.

However, THE ONLY thing that prevents anarchy in the USA is the POLICEMAN! When he is gone......We are done.

The man who will plan, ambush a police officer today, has not problem walking into your house tomarrow, and killing your entire family. That is my ONLY POINT here.
Hi Major, I agree with everything you say, especially about the libera media. And I also agree anybody who plans the murder of a police officer just for sitting in his squad car is unforgivable and should deserve harsh punishment. However, I just feel that the murder of police shouldn't be any different from the murder of a civilian. Both are despicable and deserve punishment. It's just that one shouldn't be elevated above the other, is all.

Hi Major, I agree with everything you say, especially about the libera media. And I also agree anybody who plans the murder of a police officer just for sitting in his squad car is unforgivable and should deserve harsh punishment. However, I just feel that the murder of police shouldn't be any different from the murder of a civilian. Both are despicable and deserve punishment. It's just that one shouldn't be elevated above the other, is all.

Please understand......I am only giving my opinions. I do that because I am coming from a father of a policeman.

I completely agree and I am 100% in favor of capital punishment for murder of any person when they are found guilty and their appeals are finished.

As A Biblicist, I can attest that there is NO opposition in the Bible against capital punishment. In fact it is just the opposite!

My only point with the murder of policemen is that their judgment be Execution and not prison time AFTER all the appeals are done.

Thanks for your input!

I cannot see any of the disciples taking a life, except for Judas, and we know what his eternal destiny is. But it was God's plan of salvation, and it had to happen. So, thinking out loud, maybe God uses the wicked to fulfil his plan, thereby keeping God's saints free from condemnation. For example, was God using Hitler to punish the Jews? We will never know, but one thing we can be sure of is that God's saints are kept safe, secure, and instead of using His own, he will use the wicked, his will to fulfil.

What does everyone think? Would the Good Shepherd, who cares for his sheep, use one of his children to kill another human being? I don't think he would.
Robin, I respect your opinion. We all have them and yours is just important as mine.

Consider
Why did Jesus command his disciples to buy swords in Luke 22:38?
"Now, however,” He told them, “the one with a purse should take it, and likewise a bag; and the one without a sword should sell his cloak and buy one".

If that is not a call for self defense, what do you think that it is?

You asked...........
"Would the Good Shepherd, who cares for his sheep, use one of his children to kill another human being?"

Consider 1 Samuel 15:3
"Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass."

This was a message from the Prophet of Israel to the political and military leader of Israel. The message was clear:
punish Amalek for what he did to Israel…. utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them.
God clearly told Samuel to tell Saul to KILL ALL the Amalekites.

Utterly destroy: This Hebrew verb (heherim) and is used seven times in this account. The idea of total, complete judgment is certainly stressed. Now WHY did God remove Saul as the king of Israel???????????
He did not KILL ALL OF THE AMALEKITES!

Then there is NUMBERS 21:3 .......
"The Lord gave the Canaanites over to Israel, who "completely destroyed them and their towns."

This was a conflict of Judgment and the Hebrew word means UTTERLY DESTROY!

What about NUMBERS 31:17-18 God commanded Moses to kill all of the male Midianite children and "kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man."

Now............what do YOU now think?????

Luke 22:38
Self-defence is necessary. The Galileans and Essenes carried swords out of necessity, because the country was full of robbers and wild beasts, and some means of protection was needed. When they told Jesus they only had two swords between the twelve of them, Jesus said, "It is enough."

1 Samuel 15:1-3
Saul was on a downward slide, backsliding and accelerating as he neared the bottom. No matter what he was given to do, he fell short of complete obedience. In this chapter, God commanded him to destroy the Amalekites—the nation that had mercilessly ambushed the Hebrew stragglers when they left Egypt on the way to Canaan (Deu_25:17-19). The order was very clear; everything that breathed was to be destroyed. God's long-suffering had put up with the people of Amalek for years, but God's word against them had not changed (Exo_17:14-16; Num_24:20). As a result, they were to be blotted out as punishment for their sin, and it was a BACKSLIDDEN man, who God used.

Then there is NUMBERS 21:3 ....…
The king of Arad lived in the southern portion of the promised land. When he heard the Israelites were encamped in the wilderness and were planning to invade the land promised to Israel, he attacked but was defeated at a place called Hormah.

Another example of self-defence

NUMBERS 31:17-18
Behold, these caused the children of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to commit trespass against the LORD in the matter of Peor, and there was a plague among the congregation of the LORD. (17) Now therefore kill every male among the little ones and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. (18) But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

Do we really want to be guided by Balaam? Here we move away from the LORD of hosts, in 1 Samual 15:2 to the Lord of Israel, possibly Melzizdek, although they called their idols LORD as well, including the Golden Calf, but clearly the unchanging God and Saviour of the world who I love and worship would not want us to copy a backslidden people.

The danger here is that we are attributing the godless teaching of a backslidden people to the Almighty.

I nearly missed your post due to the ignore function, or I would have replied earlier, sorry.
This reply does not answer the question you asked of....."Did God ever tell men to kill ".

That was why I posted the scriptures in Samuel and Numbers and there are others. NONE of those are about self defence but instead they are command from God to men to kill men becauase it was the judgment of God on those men.

You copied and pasted someones commentary from a website but it did not correspond to the topic YOU proposed.

There are many others such as Jericho for example.

Blessings to you and be safe!

This reply does not answer the question you asked of....."Did God ever tell men to kill ".

That was why I posted the scriptures in Samuel and Numbers and there are others. NONE of those are about self defence but instead they are command from God to men to kill men becauase it was the judgment of God on those men.

You copied and pasted someones commentary from a website but it did not correspond to the topic YOU proposed.

There are many others such as Jericho for example.

Blessings to you and be safe!
Since Robin has me on IGNORE cause I disagreed with him, I did not want others to think I made a post that was out of line but instead was responding to one of his posts.

In post 383, Robin stated.............
"Would the Good Shepherd, who cares for his sheep, use one of his children to kill another human being? I don't think he would.
In response to that I listed the LITERAL Scriptures which say the very OPPOSITE............
***************************************************************************************************************************************

Consider 1 Samuel 15:3
"Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass."

This was a message from the Prophet of Israel to the political and military leader of Israel. The message was clear:
punish Amalek for what he did to Israel…. utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them.
God clearly told Samuel to tell Saul to KILL ALL the Amalekites.

Utterly destroy: This Hebrew verb (heherim) and is used seven times in this account. The idea of total, complete judgment is certainly stressed. Now WHY did God remove Saul as the king of Israel???????????
He did not KILL ALL OF THE AMALEKITES!

Then there is NUMBERS 21:3 .......
"The Lord gave the Canaanites over to Israel, who "completely destroyed them and their towns."

This was a conflict of Judgment and the Hebrew word means UTTERLY DESTROY!

What about NUMBERS 31:17-18 God commanded Moses to kill all of the male Midianite children and "kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man."

Murderers of any kind, regardless of victim identity need to be carefully evaluated to determine whether the killer is a predator or not. Predators should be executed; they are natural hunters and killers of human beings just as animal predators hunt and kill other animals. Predators include professional hit men, organized criminals, sociopathic and psychopathic serial killers, anyone who kills more than once, such as convicted killers on parole.

Murderers of any kind, regardless of victim identity need to be carefully evaluated to determine whether the killer is a predator or not. Predators should be executed; they are natural hunters and killers of human beings just as animal predators hunt and kill other animals. Predators include professional hit men, organized criminals, sociopathic and psychopathic serial killers, anyone who kills more than once, such as convicted killers on parole.
Agreed.

Back