Depressed?

Living a Christian life. I don't walk the streets telling people about Jesus, and I don't do any charitable works like I should.

Do you ever just see a need, even a small one, and fill it?

You know, the fruit of the Spirit are things that we CANNOT strive to produce. They come all on their own as we grow in God. Often they are there and we don't even see them, but others do. This doubt is highly detrimental to your spiritual well-being. It is not of god and you need to shake it loose.

I think you are being too hard on yourself. If you have accepted what Jesus has done for you on the cross and have repented of your sins, you are covered---once and for all! Taking up one's cross is about obedience to God's word. All you need to be doing is getting into the word, obeying God as your eyes are opened to an area in your life that requires it, and getting yourself hooked into a good bible-believing church that is growing and has a vital youth. Ask God to lead you there and He will do it.

Last edited:
I don't know. I'm locked in my basement most of the day, so I don't have very many opportunities.

I am sure God will give you opportunities if you ask Him. Why are you locked in your basement most of the day? You need to get out and be with people. It may be that this physical circumstance you find yourself living in is contributing to your self-doubt, but never for one minute should you doubt God and His promises to you! Hold on to them!

There are over 3000 promises God makes to us in the scriptures!

Sign up here and have a promise sent to you daily! Read, believe and memorize! That will help to lift your head up!

http://dailybiblepromise.com/

I am sure God will give you opportunities if you ask Him. Why are you locked in your basement most of the day? You need to get out and be with people.
I think I mentioned it earlier, but I'm a loner and don't really have any "Hangout" friends. No social media, no nothing.

Cosmic, there is no way in hell that if you love Jesus there are NO living works coming from you.

Smiling and patting people on their backs is not Christianity. It is smiling and patting people on their backs.

Christianity is selflessness. Like how you tried to help those atheists. You were concerned only about them and not winning any pride centered debate. There are three scriptures that you need to take before bed tonight.

Matt 15:8 These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.

Matt 7:22-23 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

James 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

Cosmic, there is no way in hell that if you love Jesus there are NO living works coming from you.

Smiling and patting people on their backs is not Christianity. It is smiling and patting people on their backs.

Christianity is selflessness. Like how you tried to help those atheists. You were concerned only about them and not winning any pride centered debate. There are three scriptures that you need to take before bed tonight.

Matt 15:8 These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.

Matt 7:22-23 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

James 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

In Matt 15:8, I feel like the one whose heart is far from the Lord.

In Matt 7:22-23, I feel like I am the one who is being said to "Depart from me!"

In James 1:27, I don't see myself visiting the fatherless or widows, and much less keeping myself unspotted from the world.

I mean my parents tell me otherwise, but that's not how I see it.

I think I mentioned it earlier, but I'm a loner and don't really have any "Hangout" friends. No social media, no nothing.
Christians don't look for friends. We go about doing God's will. Go help out at a homeless shelter. Go help people at church, old always need help with something. Give people lifts to church. You will make many friends doing these things and feel your time is used fruitfully. I think that is the main issue here. You feel your time is flying by and when you look back you see nothing. Count me in too!! The onus is on us!

It doesn't necessarily mean we don't love Jesus if we don't get involved. We are all different. But how can we not want to help the elderly, widows and orphans? They are everywhere. Not hard to find.

Christians don't look for friends. We go about doing God's will. Go help out at a homeless shelter. Go help people at church, old always need help with something. Give people lifts to church. You will make many friends doing these things and feel your time is used fruitfully. I think that is the main issue here. You feel your time is flying by and when you look back you see nothing. Count me in too!! The onus is on us!

It doesn't necessarily mean we don't love Jesus if we don't get involved. We are all different. But how can we not want to help the elderly, widows and orphans? They are everywhere. Not hard to find.
I think it might be worth mentioning I'm 16 and don't even have my driver's license yet.

In Matt 7:22-23, I feel like I am the one who is being said to "Depart from me!"

In James 1:27, I don't see myself visiting the fatherless or widows, and much less keeping myself unspotted from the world.

What I am seeing is negative self-talk. In my own depression I talked much like that and my lovely, strong, believing friends took me to task for it, and told me I was merely parroting what the devil was saying about me---not God.

So, in turn, I am taking you to task for listening to the devil's lies about you and I encourage you to find out what God says about you and choose to believe it!

Let me post something I have that has helped me immensely about that, and I believe it is from Neil T. Anderson:

Who I am in Christ

Because you are in Christ, every one of these statements is true of you.

* I am loved 1John 3:3

* I am accepted Ephesians 1:6

* I am a child of God John 1:12

* I am Jesus' friend John 15:14

* I am a joint heir with Jesus, sharing His inheritance with Him Romans 8:17

* I am united with God and one spirit with Him 1Corinthians 6:17

* I am a temple of God. His spirit and his life live in me 1 Corinthians 6:19

* I am a member of Christ's body. 1 Corinthians 12:27

* I am a Saint Ephesians 1:1

* I am redeemed and forgiven Colossians 1:14

* I am complete in Jesus Christ Colossians 2:10

* I am free from condemnation Romans 8:1

* I am a new creation because I am in Christ 2Corinthians 5:17

* I am chosen of God, holy and dearly loved Colossians 3:12

* I am established, anointed, and sealed by God 2Corinthians 1:21

* I do not have a spirit of fear, but of love, power, and a sound mind 2Timothy 1:7

* I am God's co-worker 2Corinthians 6:1

* I am seated in heavenly places with Christ Eph 2:6

* I have direct access to God Ephesians 2:18

* I am chosen to bear fruit John 15:16

* I am one of God's living stones, being built up in Christ as a spiritual house 1 Peter 2:5

* I have been given exceedingly great and precious promises by God by which I share His nature 2 Peter 1:4

* I can always know the presence of God because He never leaves me Hebrews 13:5

* God works in me to help me do the things He wants me to do Philippians 2:13

* I can ask God for wisdom and He will give me what I need James 1:5

Simply choose to believe what God says about you.

Matt 15:8 is between you and God. You / we all need to examine our heart daily! I approve of what Jesus taught! I am grateful for what Jesus did! I choose to daily carry my cross! and do whatever He tells me or whatever scripture tells me is the right thing to do! I will worry about my feelings when I am dead!

Matt 7:22-23, you do those things? Look for attention? Kick yourself right now and stop that!

James 1:27, get your behind to a homeless shelter this weekend! Break the box you are in!

You don't hate God. You just stuck in a box.

Back