Discerning spirits

Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost! God is this unworthy wretches Lord and Savior! There is no life without Him. In Christ Alone! Grace plus nothing!

In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This Cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My Comforter, my All in All
Here in the love of Christ I stand

In Christ alone, who took on flesh
Fullness of God in helpless babe
This gift of love and righteousness
Scorned by the ones He came to save
'Til on that cross as Jesus died
The wrath of God was satisfied
For every sin on Him was laid
Here in the death of Christ I live

There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave He rose again
And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ

No guilt of life, no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From life's first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny
No power of hell, no scheme of man
Can ever pluck me from His hand
'til He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us has intended us to forgo their use. ~Galileo (Quote)

I believe Galileo missed this message of our Lord Jesus Christ. We can use "sense, reason, and intellect" on matters pertaining to political, social, economic, and scientific but NEVER on things about God and His words.

Can "a suckling or babe" "with sense, reason, and intellect" the purpose of God in endowing "divine knowledge and wisdom" since Old Testament time?

Luk 10:21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.

Isa 28:9 (KJV) Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us has intended us to forgo their use. ~Galileo (Quote)

I believe Galileo missed this message of our Lord Jesus Christ. We can use "sense, reason, and intellect" on matters pertaining to political, social, economic, and scientific but NEVER on things about God and His words.

Can "a suckling or babe" "with sense, reason, and intellect" the purpose of God in endowing "divine knowledge and wisdom" since Old Testament time?

Luk 10:21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.

Isa 28:9 (KJV) Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.
Why must you complicate such a simple thing? Let Go and Let God! My signature has noting to do with the post.

Why must you complicate such a simple thing? Let Go and Let God! My signature has noting to do with the post.

"forgivenWretch," my apology and now I am glad that we go "straight to the point." Since this Thread is about "discerning spirits," this is what "is written."

1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

1 John 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
The "test" appears too simple not to pass, for who do not "confess that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh."

Therefore, something to think about.

WHY did GOD give us such a "simple test" regarding WHO Jesus Christ was BEFORE coming in the flesh?

Great "test for spirits" as designed by GOD to separate His "chosen few" from the "many who are called," or to distinguish the "sheep" from the "goats."

* 1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

* 1 John 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

* 1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
HOW do we apply this TEST?
???
???

I've been reading discussions and I got enthusiast with this TESTING THE SPIRIT. I know in the time of our Lord Jesus Christ the jews don't believe that the son of God come in the flesh. But in our time the entire Christianity is confessing and believe that Jesus Christ the son of God came in the flesh. My question is, IS THIS TEST 1JOHN 4:1-3 STILL APPLICABLE IN OUR TIME SINCE ENTIRE CHRISTIAN LOVE, PRAISE, FOLLOW & PRAY TO JESUS CHRIST.? Also, considering there is no other name whom they believe but the name Jesus Christ. I don't think this test is still existing.

I think the test is real and still in force today.

Ask an atheist if he can say those words, "Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior" They either can't or won't. My mother one time said, "I don't see why not. People can lie." But I have never been able to get and atheist or a pagan, for that matter, to say those words - not even when I tell them the Bible says they can't! You would think they would want to prove the Bible wrong and say it for spite! Instead they act offended and refuse to say it, only proving it right in not doing so.

In contrast, saved people seem eager to say those words! When I first read that verse, I said those words right away, outloud, just to be sure I could.

1 Cor 12:3 Therefore, I tell you that nobody speaking by the spirit of God says, "Jesus be accursed." And no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the holy Spirit.

Greetings in the name of Jesus: :)

Dear Fil3232003:...

If I may ask, What do you think Isaiah 28:9.is saying.." Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk and drawn from the breasts."...

This is Jewish rooted theme...

I pray my words do not offend, God bless all Christians in forum, and all those who use it. :)

Greetings in the name of Jesus: :)

Dear Fil3232003:...

If I may ask, What do you think Isaiah 28:9.is saying.." Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk and drawn from the breasts."...

This is Jewish rooted theme...

I pray my words do not offend, God bless all Christians in forum, and all those who use it. :)

I don't know why this would offend anyone? Or what it has to do with tests.... you don't have to have complete or perfect knowledge to know the difference between God and god when using the tests - they're pretty straight forward.

Unless you are suggesting we are not listening to some "prophets" who are with us today?

In which case I will repeat, the Bible warns us many false prophets will come, we are to discedrn between the false prophets and those who preach the word in truth! That is all I am saying. If all those who claim to come in Jesus name are true, then where are all the false teachers and prophets God warned us about?

These tests are true and trustworthy, IMO. If someone denies any part of the Bible then he is certainly not a prophet of God.

If a spirit comes to me and denies Jesus came in the flesh, (not just that he was a man but God Himself taking on flesh) then I call him a false prophet without any hestitation. If someone says there are more ways to get to heaven apart from Christ Jesus, then I call him a fool or a liar.

Ginger

Reactions: Dok
“Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God;
because many false prophets have gone out into the world.”
1 John 4:1

When people say it was good so i knew it was from God; i doubt whether That can be solid ground to make a conclusion that a certain spirit is from God. Any spirit that speaks against the inspired word of God is not from Him.It is impossible that God can contradict Himself.

Greetings in the name of Jesus::)

If I may suggest, that all answers are in the word, which are discerned with the aid of Gods spirit; which aid or Spirit is revealed unto whom God Chooses. God conceals his word from the natural man, and given unto them parables.

All people and the Faithful deceive themselves and tempted..

If I may quote from Isaiah 29:10. " For the Lord hath poured out upon you the spirit of deep sleep, and hath closed your eyes: the prophets and your rulers, the seers hath he covered. 11. And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying Read this I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed: 12. And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, read this , I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned"...

Spirit tells me the Learned, are the Jews, and the Unlearned are the Christians, whom both receive the book....

Isaiah 29;13. "wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honor me, but have removed their hearts far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men."

Isaiah 29;16. ending thought. " Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding?"... One of my favorite verses...I hope all may comprehend.

I pray my words will not offend, God bless all Christians in forum, and all who use it.:)

Spirit tells me the Learned, are the Jews, and the Unlearned are the Christians, whom both receive the book....

Isaiah 29;13. "wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honor me, but have removed their hearts far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men."

...I hope all may comprehend.

I pray my words will not offend, God bless all Christians in forum, and all who use it.:)

Hmmm,..... The best way to help someone comprehend is to say exactly what you mean. :)

Let me begin by first saying I have the utmost respect for the Jews, it is the God of Ab=raham, Isaac and Jacob that we Christians worship. They were the chosen and it was the Jews whom Jesus came to first. All the Apostles were Jews! The gentiles were adopted into God's family, we were called after the Jews had been served.

From what I gather of your words, is Christians cannot comprehend the Scriptures - only Jews can - and we honor God with lip-service, only.

?

Dear Ginger:

As I have tried to say before. God hides his truths, and reserved by God; they are hidden from the natural man.

Believing as I do, that these are the end times.." Parable of the fig Tree" and that windows of heaven are open, and all things are open for people of faith to know...

If I may, I shall interpret. Isaiah 29:10-16... God delivers the word to the Jew and Gentile,,,,The Learned and the Unlearned...this is a fact...Jews Learn Gods words, yet the Jew or Hebrews have not Gods Key to wisdom to discern the word, making to word to the Jew .." Sealed". as they so say and believe today..

The other Unlearned who receive the word are Christians.. yet they cannot read (receive) the word for they are " unlearned" as they seek leaders to lead," (blind leading the blind)..Christians have leaders and preachers and denominations (200-300 interpretations)..Isaiah 29:13-16. Speaks in perfection to our Christian reality of Today..." forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honor me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men." Which in honesty one must acknowledge, Christians pick and choose their Precepts and tenants of God...Even openly Gay marriage is and can be absolved and accepted in Christian precepts.

The last line is the perfection of denominational Christianity today. We learn our fear of God, by the " Precept of men"...Or Baylor, Notre Dame, and SMU , etc... How many truths, or precepts of men, is or can be Gods one truth,...And the wisdom of this world and "wise men shall perish"...

Do not Christians say of its history actions..." we made it not".. and the doctrines of multiple denominations which doctrines then become and proven wrong..." we had not understanding"..

If I may suggest, the truth and Hidden wisdom of God, is to combine the two sticks (faiths) of God into one staff...Judaism and Christianity are one religion divided in its truths, where the " vision of of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed"...Isaiah 29:11.

" Say unto the seers, See not: and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits. " Isaiah 30:10.

I pray my words will not offend, God bless all Christians in forum and all who use it.:)

If I may suggest, the truth and Hidden wisdom of God, is to combine the two sticks (faiths) of God into one staff...Judaism and Christianity are one religion divided in its truths, where the " vision of of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed"...Isaiah 29:11.

" Say unto the seers, See not: and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits. " Isaiah 30:10.

I pray my words will not offend, God bless all Christians in forum and all who use it.:)

Oh, I see! You do not offend me at all. You are of the faith that the twelve tribes of Israel must return to their homeland. The "Lost Sheep"!!!

I see where you are coming from. :) Thank you for explaining. I covered a story in Red Wing Minnesota, when your prophet came to speak. It was very interesting.

I could be wrong, but it would seem that I am being asked..... Is not "your prophet", at " Red Wing Minnesota" speaking..?

I really have no Idea in whom you speak from Minnesota, if your asking...

If I may also use this post about the Jewish connection to " Whom shall he teach Knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine.?. them that are weaned from the milk and drawn from the breasts"..

God teaches and gives knowledge to those " Weaned from the Milk.." whom are those of " Age to the word" who discern into Judgments of; Gods Passion is Judgement, which is the " meat of Scripture"...Of which there is "Milk and Meat".. And only to those to discern who are " Drawn from the breast".. or "Lean not to their own understanding"; are those who can separate the things of the Spirit, from desires and things of the flesh...

" He who exalts himself, shall be humbled; but he who humbles himself, shall be exalted".. it is written; " When the flesh is weak, the Spirit is strong"..

I pray my words will not offend, God Bless all Christians in forum, and all who use it.:)

When people say it was good so i knew it was from God; i doubt whether That can be solid ground to make a conclusion that a certain spirit is from God. Any spirit that speaks against the inspired word of God is not from Him.It is impossible that God can contradict Himself.
Agreed. And it IS possible that these multi-million $$$$ name it and claim it presentations on TV and around the country do contradict God on a regular basis. "It was sooooooooo good, it had to be from God," or "it had to be the Holy Spirit" is simply not true in every case. Let those with ears to hear, hear what the Spirit says to the church!

I could be wrong, but it would seem that I am being asked..... Is not "your prophet", at " Red Wing Minnesota" speaking..?

I did not mean to claim your prophet is from Red Wing. I am merely saying a "prophet" who teaches what you seem to believe came to Red Wing and spoke for two days - I covered the story for the local paper.

He taught about the "two sticks" and about the lost tribes of Israel needing to return for the return of Jesus.

I hope that clears things up. :)

Neither. If it is indeed what it sounds like. This is a group that preaches about the LosT Sheep of Israel whom Jesus came to bring back into the fold. I can't remember all the details and can't seem to find the article I wrote, but best of my recollection they are gathering up the lost tribes to return to Israel and when they are all there, Jesus will return. They say anyone could be part of one of the lost tribes,...I think there are two.... an d not know it.

These tribes aren't really "lost" tho. the Bible talks about them. And Jesus went to them (the Samaritans were one group) However, I think there are supposedly some that scattered and that is who these people are trying to gather.

Dear Forum readers:

Let me apologize for assuming you knew what scriptures I was quoting. I always think when I use " " that people know I am referencing KJV Bible.,,,

First let me say with " No offense to Mormons", but I am not Mormon. I was Born raised in a strict Nazarene home, and then Lived and studied in Israel...I believe Jesus and God are one and the same, Jesus is "God made flesh" St. John 1:14, that is not Mormonism. If that is who the Minny Prophet whom was spoken of.

The reference to the " two Sticks " by me, was paraphrase for the " two Staves" Zechariah 11:7. which are the two covenants....Which Jesus breaks, being " weighed for my price thirty pieces of silver." Zechariah 11:12.

The thirty pieces of silver is a prophetic reference to Jesus... Yes. One God, One Salvation, One Church, One truth, Gods Truth.... Feel free to ask or query of my "quote " reference to KJV Bible verses...

I pray my words do not offend, God bless all Christians in forum, and all who use it.:)

Back