Do Babies Go To Heaven When They Die?

Because they have forsaken Me and have made this an alien place and have burned sacrifices in it to other gods, that neither they nor their forefathers nor the kings of Judah had ever known, and because they have filled this place with the blood of the innocent. Jeremiah 19:4
This verse is referenced in the blog. I was taught the Hebrew word "innocent" there is the word used in a court of law when a person was found (as we would say) "not guilty"--that it was a legal term. I haven't looked into it for myself, but the pastor has so far rightly divided the Word of truth. :)
My nephew, just turned 9, was mentally retarded, and for some reason, he decided to leave the house on 12/18 at about 4:20 pm while my sister was upstairs changing bedsheets. It was an amazingly cold winter, with wind chills below zero during the day. He was found 4 days later, and had died of exposure.
My sister (who had lost her husband 22 months before that) was desperate to know where her son had gone. I had an unfortunate tendency to bristle when people suggested "poor Logan" had gone to hell because he hadn't "accepted Christ". Had he lived to be 80 he never would have been able to understand such abstract ideas, and he was just as God made him. I believe scripture gives us a good indication that God, in His mercy, would not hold someone accountable to something they cannot understand.

I agree 100% with you!

God is a fair judge. If we can discern with simple common sense that it is wrong to send babies, kids and mentally handicapped to hell, how much more God.

Christians who lack that simple Christian common sense need to judge their own Christianity.

Major posted:

Very true Major, very true.
How can we look at God as a mean sadistic Ogre who would BBQ babies?
How can we see ourselves as being more righteous than the source of righteousness Himself?
If we know God in part even, we know that babies and infants are safe in the arms of Jesus.

Calvin..........having seen a few children die, and one of them a grandchild, my old country boy brain and heart can do nothing but believe that my heavenly Father needed them with Him more than I needed them with me.

Because babies are not able to exercise their free will to reject or accept Jesus, yes definitely!

I personally believe that babies and the mentally handicapped will come back to live on earth (not rule like the saints) in the millennium after the tribulation and be tempted towards the end when the devil is released from the bottomless pit. It makes sense to me that all humans receive equal and fair opportunity to exercise their free will.

I understand your thinking here. My comment would be WHY?

Enoch and Elijah did not die, so is God going to remove them from the glory of heavenly life after tousands of years to send them back to see if they will fall to temptation. Now that is where the Omniscience of God would come in IMO.

Because they have forsaken Me and have made this an alien place and have burned sacrifices in it to other gods, that neither they nor their forefathers nor the kings of Judah had ever known, and because they have filled this place with the blood of the innocent. Jeremiah 19:4
This verse is referenced in the blog. I was taught the Hebrew word "innocent" there is the word used in a court of law when a person was found (as we would say) "not guilty"--that it was a legal term. I haven't looked into it for myself, but the pastor has so far rightly divided the Word of truth. :)
My nephew, just turned 9, was mentally retarded, and for some reason, he decided to leave the house on 12/18 at about 4:20 pm while my sister was upstairs changing bedsheets. It was an amazingly cold winter, with wind chills below zero during the day. He was found 4 days later, and had died of exposure.
My sister (who had lost her husband 22 months before that) was desperate to know where her son had gone. I had an unfortunate tendency to bristle when people suggested "poor Logan" had gone to hell because he hadn't "accepted Christ". Had he lived to be 80 he never would have been able to understand such abstract ideas, and he was just as God made him. I believe scripture gives us a good indication that God, in His mercy, would not hold someone accountable to something they cannot understand.

I Agree 100%.

I thought my post implies I knew that lol. Were you saying "you" in general, or "you" as in I need to look into it more?

Sorry about that. I meant of course in "general". I would never accuse anyone of that which I also need to be doing.

Thanks for asking me!

This may shed more light.

Jeremiah 32:35
New International Version (NIV)
35 They built high places for Baal in the Valley of Ben Hinnom to sacrifice their sons and daughters to Molek, though I never commanded—nor did it enter my mind —that they should do such a detestable thing and so make Judah sin.

It did not enter Gods mind to roast children.

Do you think that might be the reason that God told Moses to kill all the Amalkilites that were in the Promised Land?

I understand your thinking here. My comment would be WHY?

Enoch and Elijah did not die, so is God going to remove them from the glory of heavenly life after tousands of years to send them back to see if they will fall to temptation. Now that is where the Omniscience of God would come in IMO.
Enoch and Elijah had passed the 'age of understanding' and were accountable. They had faith in God and approved / accepted Him.

If babies and mentally handicapped are automatically given free passage to reign as saints for eternity then we can say that God showed preference to them or that He did not give them an opportunity at free will to reject Him. This for me is the chief reason for the millennium. Can you think of another reason for the millennium? If it is a chance for those living on earth to carry on living....then why put the devil away? Why not leave him on earth to tempt them without us reigning? It makes sense to me that babies be given a chance to grow up. With Jesus and us reigning over the earth, I am sure that the people will live for the full millenium and all get to be tempted by the devil.

God would have killed the children to save them for growing up sinfull. Those children are awating the ressurection and will enter the kingdom of heaven because they never willfully choose to sin.

God would have killed the children to save them for growing up sinfull. Those children are awating the ressurection and will enter the kingdom of heaven because they never willfully choose to sin.
Are you implying that it is good to kill babies because that gaurantees them eternity in heaven?

Think for a moment about what the world would be like now if God let those nations live. How would it be if God did not flood the world and despose of all the wickedness. Life for us would be horrible.

Enoch and Elijah had passed the 'age of understanding' and were accountable. They had faith in God and approved / accepted Him.

If babies and mentally handicapped are automatically given free passage to reign as saints for eternity then we can say that God showed preference to them or that He did not give them an opportunity at free will to reject Him. This for me is the chief reason for the millennium. Can you think of another reason for the millennium? If it is a chance for those living on earth to carry on living....then why put the devil away? Why not leave him on earth to tempt them without us reigning? It makes sense to me that babies be given a chance to grow up. With Jesus and us reigning over the earth, I am sure that the people will live for the full millenium and all get to be tempted by the devil.

You may very well be right. We simply do not know. At least I do not know.

All I can do is trust in the foreknowledge of God.

Check out this verse which could point to the millenial kingdom period.

Isa 11:6

The wolf shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the young goat, and the calf and the lion and the fattened calf together; and a little child shall lead them.
Children are designated as leaders in the kingdom of God

What do you think the reason is God commanded the death of babies.
Certainly not to guarantee them eternity in heaven!! Babies fall under the umbrella of the parents in God's dealings with them just as the animals do.

If babies are guaranteed eternity in heaven are you saying they don't have free will to reject God?

Check out this verse which could point to the millenial kingdom period.
Isa 11:6
The wolf shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the young goat, and the calf and the lion and the fattened calf together; and a little child shall lead them.
Children are designated as leaders in the kingdom of God
I would say that children will be no more leaders then Adam was. So it makes sense for the years that the devil is not released from the bottomless pit. But when he is, lion eats fattened calf and Adam either accepts or rejects the devil.

Back