Do Babies Go To Heaven When They Die?

This will be my last post. I say that people do not go to heaven when they die because the scriptures say we sleep after we die, awating reserrection.

Job 14:12

so he lies down and does not rise; till the heavens are no more, people will not awake or be roused from their sleep.

And

Daniel 12:2
New International Version (NIV)
2 Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt.

Also 1 corinthians 15 :20-23 and verses 50-54 show that dead will rased from the dead on the day that Jesus returns at the last trumpet.

As to the question to where the lake of fire will be, read 2 peter 3:7-13 indicate that the lake of fire will be on earth.

I hope this will be helpful.

I think 2 Peter 3:7-13 refers to the final destruction of the earth before the creation of the new earth - no reference to the lake of fire.

This will be my last post. I say that people do not go to heaven when they die because the scriptures say we sleep after we die, awating reserrection.

Job 14:12

so he lies down and does not rise; till the heavens are no more, people will not awake or be roused from their sleep.

And

Daniel 12:2
New International Version (NIV)
2 Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt.

Also 1 corinthians 15 :20-23 and verses 50-54 show that dead will rased from the dead on the day that Jesus returns at the last trumpet.

As to the question to where the lake of fire will be, read 2 peter 3:7-13 indicate that the lake of fire will be on earth.

I hope this will be helpful.

I am sorry chriss but they are not helpful.

You are misunderstanding those Scriptures are not useing the whole counsel of God.

You are confusing the Old Test. economy with the New and Law with Grace.

We need to distinguish between going to heaven and the physical resurrection when Christ returns.

The SOULS of the saved are in heaven waiting for the resurrection of their bodies.......Then we will be with the Lord".

The souls of the lost are in TORMENTS (Hell/Sheol. Hades) awaiting the resurrection of their bodies to everlasting and eternal punishment in the Lake of Fire.

21 Then his servants said to him, “What is this thing that you have done? [j]While the child was alive, you fasted and wept; but when the child died, you arose and ate food.”22 He said, “While the child was still alive, I fasted and wept; for I said, ‘Who knows, the Lord may be gracious to me, that the child may live.’23 But now he has died; why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I will go to him, but he will not return to me.”

i don't think it's a "new earth" as most consider new. But rather a renewed earth, kind of like it showed on the show "Life after people" on discovery a few years ago...
After 1000 years, the earth is basically as it was before God created man on the earth and put him in the garden of eden to tend and to keep it.
i also believe the earth will burn with fervent heat and be "destroyed" just as the bible says, to purge it of all the impurities and then Jesus and His saints will return to rule and reign here on the "renewed" earth.

It's all in the word "new", as in If any man be in Christ, he is a "new" (renewed) creation.
i didn't get a new body at my conversion, but a renewed spirit.

Blessings

i don't think it's a "new earth" as most consider new. But rather a renewed earth, kind of like it showed on the show "Life after people" on discovery a few years ago...
After 1000 years, the earth is basically as it was before God created man on the earth and put him in the garden of eden to tend and to keep it.
i also believe the earth will burn with fervent heat and be "destroyed" just as the bible says, to purge it of all the impurities and then Jesus and His saints will return to rule and reign here on the "renewed" earth.

It's all in the word "new", as in If any man be in Christ, he is a "new" (renewed) creation.
i didn't get a new body at my conversion, but a renewed spirit.

Blessings

You didn't get a NEW body????

I used to be a 100 pound weaklin, but now, I am a 120 pounder!

Am i the only one intrigued by the fact that the same people that don't believe in the possibility of an eternal lake of fire are all warmed by a giant ball of fire every day?

Am i the only one intrigued by the fact that the same people that don't believe in the possibility of an eternal lake of fire are all warmed by a giant ball of fire every day?

Not only that, which I agree with by the way, ask those same people to go and stand next to a volcano.

When my wife and I visited Hawawi (?) as we watched the volcano spewing lava, It seemed to me that we were at the gate of hell.

I believe they do also, but I'll be the first to admit there is not much scripture on the subject. Yet, read I Kings 14:11-13. King Jeroboam is so wicked that a curse is placed on him and his entire family, and the curse is that none of his descendants will be allow to be buried. Yet, here is an infant from the household who dies in infancy and becomes exempt from that that curse becase, "Something good was found in him." Ponder that passage for a few minutes.

Over the summer I asked this very question of my friend R. See, one of the couples at church, their newborn passed away. I don't even think he made 2 weeks of age. So I was very disturbed by the idea that the baby never had a chance at this life and what would happen to him now that he was gone. And my knowledge of the bible is very shallow at this point, so I ask these things of folks I trust. Anyway, he flat out said yes, that baby is in heaven.

I don't have any bible verses handy that says that though.
I'm going to pick on you today because I'm in a fairly bad mood.........just kidding:D .
The point that our knowledge of the Bible might be shallow is one thing.....what has our walk with the Lord taught us about Him? How shallow is our walk?
There comes a point in our walk with the Lord when we need to have grown enough to say 'this is right' or 'that is wrong.....my Jesus is not about that sort of thing'.
If the Bible had instructions for every little thing, we could never lift it up let alone live long enough to read it through.
The question: Do babies go to heaven when they die? If the question refers to the physically immature body of the baby plus the soul, that is one sort of question.
If the question is 'does the soul of the baby go to heaven when the body (probably faulty) dies?' That would be a different sort of question.
Digressing for the moment, but still on track, there is an interesting passage in the Old testament that I want to throw in, not as a 'red herring' but as a good illustration of drawing on personal knowledge. I first read the following in the Niv: Deut 22:28 ,29. In that version, it reads that the virgin is raped. I said to myself, 'surely not! Jesus could not be the author of this injustice!' I then looked at the Nkjv and the Kjv and found that the scenario is different. The clincher being 'and they be found', not 'and he be caught'. this now is talking about promiscuity, seduction, but not rape. I know that Jesus would not treat an innocent girl as the Niv does. So, back to the question.
The soul of a baby who dies will be saved and will enjoy eternal life. The body will, like any other body return to dust.
The soul of the baby will be equipped to worship the lord and enjoy eternal fellowship with Him. That soul will not be left for all eternity an immature underdeveloped person needing a 2AM feed and regular Nappie changes.
In the same way as a 99 year old legally deaf and bedridden person will not inherit a dysfunctional body (+ wheel Chair):) for all eternity.
Trust Jesus........babies are not roasted in the eternal BBQ. Consider: Lev 18:21. Lev 20:2,3,4,5. Jer 32:35. See how the Lord views the evil treatment of children......no way is He going to discard precious babies.

end of rant.

As king David said of his child conceived outside of godly marriage.
2 Samuel 12:23

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
23 But now he has died; why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I will go to him, but he will not return to me.”

i also believe the glow a pregnant woman has is the undefiled spirit within her womb.
It is NOT even a question in my mind that babies could possible go to hell.

Personally i think it's a ridiculous notion and in my opinion it is a slight against our loving Creator YHVH!

Blessings,

His servant

The Bible doesn't specifically adress babies, mentally ill people, or the cognitively impaired. I think we can rest in the assurance that the grace God extends to all, even those of us who have no excuse and chose willfully to rebel, and chose to send His Son so we could be saved, is also applied to those who are unable to make a rational decision to follow Him.

The Bible doesn't specifically adress babies, mentally ill people, or the cognitively impaired. I think we can rest in the assurance that the grace God extends to all, even those of us who have no excuse and chose willfully to rebel, and chose to send His Son so we could be saved, is also applied to those who are unable to make a rational decision to follow Him.

There are some things that God leaves up to us to grasp and this IMO is one of those.

I think it comes down to how we view God the Father. IF we look at Him as a mean, vindictive, task master who is bent on judgment and wrath then we would be able to see babies being tormented.

BUT if we view our heavenly Father as our loving Creator who has moved heaven and hell to make salvation possible for all men, then we can see how He will accept the babies, retarded and mentally ill as His children.

Back