Do You Think The Bible Was Written By Men To Keep People In Line??

Slow down there Huntingteckel. Some discernment is needed in discussions with atheists. Tubby tubby forgot how to use Google?

Note how Tubby tubby cannot accept his initial questions are DEALT with. He immediately jumps ship. Not that he can't ask that question...but whilst quoting my post.... Intention here is clear = waste of time to discuss further.

Sorry Tubby, I am not ignorant, blind and dumb. Continue this trend I will notify the mods.

Deceitfulness / stumbling Christians 101...I have been to atheist school ;).

I could no doubt find the dates myself but I prefer the answer of the forum in general.

My question is still pertinent to the OP I feel? The dates of the bible must have some bearing on whether the bible was written by man as a means of control.

I could no doubt find the dates myself but I prefer the answer of the forum in general.

My question is still pertinent to the OP I feel? The dates of the bible must have some bearing on whether the bible was written by man as a means of control.
Do you realize how unlikely it is that people just wrote the Bible for control? Just as unlikely that there is life without God.

Do you realize how unlikely it is that people just wrote the Bible for control? Just as unlikely that there is life without God.

The original question wasn't mine, I'm interested in the topic and asking questions related to it.

I don't know if it was written as a means of subjugation but I'm interested. I suppose if you were to be objective, you would take a step back and first consider that it wasn't the word of God. Then read it as the word of man and try to understand the reasons for it.

If you then came to the honest conclusion that it had no motive as a controlling document, you've answered the question.

I'm not saying it is not the word of God by the way, just giving the OP a model to answer the question.

Last edited:
Could it be questionable that it is atheists who are feeling a lack of control? Do you think that they don't like the fact (or possibility-for an athiest (instead of fact)) that there is indeed a God? That this is something beyond their control and grasp of understanding and they are perhaps afraid of this? That they are accountable to God? That there is more to life than what meets the eye? I feel atheists very much like to answer everything with science and although science is excellent it still doesn't hold the answer to everything. It seems to me the bible is not to keep everyone in line but it is an athiests lack of control in matters that perhaps frighten them knowing that there is a faith and a power in Almighty God.

Could it be questionable that it is atheists who are feeling a lack of control? Do you think that they don't like the fact (or possibility-for an athiest (instead of fact)) that there is indeed a God? That this is something beyond their control and grasp of understanding and they are perhaps afraid of this? That they are accountable to God? That there is more to life than what meets the eye? I feel atheists very much like to answer everything with science and although science is excellent it still doesn't hold the answer to everything. It seems to me the bible is not to keep everyone in line but it is an athiests lack of control in matters that perhaps frighten them knowing that there is a faith and a power in Almighty God.

That's an interesting point. I certainly don't feel I have a need for external control (no more than is put in place by the authorities anyway). I also don't feel I have a lack of control in myself and I don't live with the fear of God.

Whether there is a part of my sub-consciousness that has that fear I couldn't answer.

Both (or all) dates would be interesting.

Matthew (1st in Hebrew/Aramiac), (at least 1 and 2 Corinthians and some say 1 and 2 Tim plus Titus in 50's but after 54 A.D.), Mark (while at Rome with Paul and Peter in the 60s A.D.) the prison letters of Paul and Luke/Acts were all written before the fall of Jerusalem...James and Hebrews (questionable), John around 90-100 A. D, and the Apocalypse around 100-110...

The canon was not officiated until near 325 A.D. and then at Carthage it was confirmed...

2 Peter, Jude, 2 and 3 John considered spurious by some until Carthage...

Paul

Check out this bible verse, I am a believer in god but when I read this I started thinking...maybe the bible was written to keep people in line. Because if the world was doing the things that are mentioned in the verse below it would be a crazy world and we'd kill each other off. Here's the verse,
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality,
20 idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions,
21 envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

It was written by people 2 millennia ago who were uneducated and very impressionable.......Christianity was born......smh

XD thts the funniest thing I've heard all day. Yes we are afraid of something we don't believe in.

Grasp of understanding??? There's nothing to understand because there is NO evidence to prove gods existance.

But how do we know for sure that it's god word? What if it's all written by people. What if they made it all up?

This is the exact question which fuels my beliefs as an athiest. How do you know wht the bible says is the true word of god if it was written by humans? Also how do you know Jesus was the true son of god? He was also simply a human. After those being debunked you are left with the fact that there IS NOT any evidence to prove gods existance.

I urge you to question religion as it leads you to find your own way of thinking. :)

This is the exact question which fuels my beliefs as an athiest. How do you know wht the bible says is the true word of god if it was written by humans? Also how do you know Jesus was the true son of god? He was also simply a human. After those being debunked you are left with the fact that there IS NOT any evidence to prove gods existance.

I urge you to question religion as it leads you to find your own way of thinking. :)
Have you ever read the Bible? When I was an atheist I hadn't read a single verse of scripture.

Have you ever read the Bible? When I was an atheist I hadn't read a single verse of scripture.
I think he said in his thread that he hasn't read any of it. I don't know why he feels the need to bash something he hasn't studied or even read. I guess atheists don't care about reading it because if they do they might have to change some of their beliefs that they've made a part of themselves, which is understandable. It's hard to change.

I think he said in his thread that he hasn't read any of it. I don't know why he feels the need to bash something he hasn't studied or even read. I guess atheists don't care about reading it because if they do they might have to change some of their beliefs that they've made a part of themselves, which is understandable. It's hard to change.
He has a superficial view and understanding of Christianity and the world.

I remember when I was an atheist, I used to criticize Christians because they believed in things that the secular world didn't teach.

What a close-minded fool I was. I wouldn't listen to people when they said there needed to be a higher power, I thought I knew better because I understood what school taught me.

Most atheists are like that. They either don't want to believe it, or don't because they think their knowledge is supreme.

People call Christians close minded, and there are some that are, but I know I am "open minded. " I love learning what people believe any why. I don't judge them for it because we're each different and come from different backgrounds. That doesn't mean that I don't want them to become christians but I understand if they don't. I can't force anyone into it, so I just pray and let God take care of it.

I think you will start off a hot topic here. I'm no bible scholar but from reading this it makes me wonder how God would know of drunkenness and orgies before they were actually conceived?

Omnipresence.

But, since you have not read any of the Bible isn't that a mute point for you?

But how do we know for sure that it's god word? What if it's all written by people. What if they made it all up?

That is where the "Prophetic Word of God" comes in. God gave men the knowledge to write down things that would be taking place. Some soon and some much further away.

The real key then is TIME! Everyone is amazed at Nostradamus and his ability to guess 10% correct in his contramns.
IF you had ever read some of his writings, they are so ambiguous that they can not be correctly understood as being right or wrong.

BUT God has never been wrong. The Prophetic Word of God is 100% correct!!!! Everything that God said in His Word has come to pass. Not 50% or 90% but 100%.

Ooops.........I just read #13 by Bro. Paul. I guess it dosen't hurt us to have two people on the same thought pattern.

Check out this bible verse, I am a believer in god but when I read this I started thinking...maybe the bible was written to keep people in line. Because if the world was doing the things that are mentioned in the verse below it would be a crazy world and we'd kill each other off. Here's the verse,
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality,
20 idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions,
21 envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

So did God create man or did man create God. Isn't that what you are asking?

He has a superficial view and understanding of Christianity and the world.

I remember when I was an atheist, I used to criticize Christians because they believed in things that the secular world didn't teach.

What a close-minded fool I was. I wouldn't listen to people when they said there needed to be a higher power, I thought I knew better because I understood what school taught me.

Most atheists are like that. They either don't want to believe it, or don't because they think their knowledge is supreme.

My beliefs wouldn't budge a millimeter even if I did read the bible. It was written by human beings two millennia ago. How are you or I supposed to know if what it says is true? That is why I am an atheist because there is no factual evidence for God, the bible, or Jesus being the son of god. If he really wanted us all to believe in him don't you think he would try harder than a book and a guy claiming to be the son of god?

My beliefs wouldn't budge a millimeter even if I did read the bible. It was written by human beings two millennia ago. How are you or I supposed to know if what it says is true? That is why I am an atheist because there is no factual evidence for God, the bible, or Jesus being the son of god. If he really wanted us all to believe in him don't you think he would try harder than a book and a guy claiming to be the son of god?
How do you know if any book is true? How do you know if a statement in court is true? How do you know what your mom and dad told you is true? Yes it was written thousands of years ago, and has been challenged for thousands of years but not ONE WORD has ever been defeated or proven untrue. In fact biblical prophecy proves this book to be the most trustworthy book ever written and that it is without doubt the inspired Words of God Himself.

Last edited:
Back