Do you use original languages in bible study and teaching?

Yes, it would be little difference from listening to anyone claiming to be an authority, even our self. Some arguments are simply self defeating.

Something has to be the final authority, other then debate and opinion.
At some point in the last 30 yrs, the "Holy Bible", has been replaced in many denominations and in the belief system of many believers, as the FA.
God still holds His word above His name, and, this is not going to end.

And as i said before....God is very smart....He is not going to use, what is not a universal language, to share His word with the entire world.

Just like the bible is a book of progressive revelation.....a continuing reveal, regarding what God is doing next with mankind.....so, there is also the moving from "original languages" into the universal language., regarding the word of God.

I would think that the "standard KJVO" would read......."no other bible is any good, just use the KJV".

So, i think you can do some research on that, and discover that it is true, and also note that ive not said anything about the KJV on this Forum.

Again........Keep in mind that im not saying anything about the KJV.....
Im only stating that most bible correctors and most "greek authorities" that play this pretend game on forums and in pulpits, can't read Greek.
And so, that ends all false pretense, regarding being able to teach it, or even believe it.

And as i said......When you find one of these pretenders on a forum or in a pulpit, then ask them if they can read and speak Koine Greek and Hebrew fluently, and when they say they can't, then ask them to stop pretending to be an authority regarding what they can't even read.

See how common sense teaches us to understand?
This is "wisdom".

Imagine the ludicrousness and the dishonesty all playing together as one, if someone said...."well, im an airline pilot because i have watched videos that teach me how to fly, tho i have never been in a plane".

"well, im a race car driver, because i bought one at an action, so, as i own it, that makes me a real one".

"well, i can't read Greek or Hebrew, but i can correct bibles, and pretend im an authority of the "greek" and "Hebrew" texts" on a forum, and some people actually believe me".
There are many though who can read and react fluent wide with the Hebrew and Greek texts!

Usually it’s not just one person doing the translation but a committee that double checks each other’s work and often have educated lay persons to offer feedback.
Indded, as believe the esv/nas/ and Nkjv themselves had dozens, perhaps over hundred Greek and Hebrew scholars in translation process!

And after all that, the person with the lexicon, still can't read it.
This means you have to accept that these..."educated lay person's and the committee", is not related to a cult.
How do you know?
Have you researched them?

"well, i got it in a bible book store that sells Billy Graham material and the most recent book by Pope Francis, as well as a HD Video series on the "Spiritual Art of John Calvin, hosted by the Reverend Robert Schuller"".

Ahhhhh..
Well then........
===================================================================================

Listen,

im not trying to get you to agree with me. Ok? Im just trying to get you to see what i see, and then God takes it from there.

And even if all of the lay person's and committee team members were walking on water on the way to the translation table, halo's all aglow, the person who buys this book, is still teaching what THEY say ""it means""", per verse, and that is not the person themselves studying or even reading the greek.

So, here is how to play that game honestly on a forum, or in a pulpit.

Have them admit....>"i can't read greek, but i choose to believe that the translators that are teaching me what they believe the greek says, has to be true, and upon that i now claim to be a greek authority and a future bible corrector."

This perhaps sounds harsh, and i want it to, as we live in the age of spiritual fruit fakirs that is out of control.

Like many ..., im on a few forums, and its an unbelievably DARK experience in '2021.

In the last 2 weeks.....

I had a forum member tell me ""that the blood of Jesus does not keep you saved and that you keep yourself saved by repenting.""
I had another on another forum tell me that ""their church has no real interest in that Christ gospel of forgiveness.""
I had another tell me that there is no hell
I had another tell me that its Israel fault that 2000+ rockets were fired at Tel Aviv a month ago.
I had another tell me that we are to trust the "original greek" that they can't read, and not the bible.
I had another tell me that we are born again to go back under the old covenant and keep the law, as the reason we are born again.
I had another tell me that John 3:16 is not talking about Jesus.

These are different forums, all "moderated", and are all "Christian".
The person who can access reference tools such as lexicons and commentaries can find real assist in studying the scriptures though!

Something has to be the final authority, other then debate and opinion.
At some point in the last 30 yrs, the "Holy Bible", has been replaced in many denominations and in the belief system of many believers, as the FA.
God still holds His word above His name, and, this is not going to end.

And as i said before....God is very smart....He is not going to use, what is not a universal language, to share His word with the entire world.

Just like the bible is a book of progressive revelation.....a continuing reveal, regarding what God is doing next with mankind.....so, there is also the moving from "original languages" into the universal language., regarding the word of God.
Final authority is not English translations, but original languages texts!

The person who can access reference tools such as lexicons and commentaries can find real assist in studying the scriptures though!

Im not trying to prevent you from using tools, or from going to a seminary.
I'm only speaking to the carnal FAD that has infected Christianity, whereby people have lost faith in the word of God, because they are chasing "greek text's" that they can't read.

"but the translator must be a good one, because he is part of a committee that is maintained by a .......................

That proves nothing.

Final authority is not English translations, but original languages texts!

See the problem?
You just stated it.

Also.....You brought up the KJV.....and i use it.

Let me tell you why i use it.

I know that God is using English as the universal language for a very long time, and greek and hebrew are not this at all.

Its because it was translated by 47 Translators/Scholars, who had to come to an agreement, and they prayed.

Its because this book is closer to the "originals", than any "new" bible, based on AGE.

Its because God wants His "word" to be free and freely given, and the KJV is the only bible that you can print for free.
Print all you like.....the KJV is free to print.

Its because in the History of the Reformation, if you deep search "revivals", you'll find that the KJV was always the bible being used when a revival happens.

Its because God calls people, under the preaching of the KJV, into the ministry, more then all other versions combined.

Its because more people have become born again, under the preaching of the KJV then all other "versions" combined.

All the great preachers, evangelists, teachers, , were called into the ministry under the preaching of a KJV.

This is all REALITY.

And never was a "greek text" the cause of any of what i just posted.

The Hebrew and Greek texts though would indeed be our "final authority"

They are yours...
Dont speak for the rest of us.

God gave the english bible to the english speaking world.
Look around you.
Every country trains in this language.
God knew this well before it happened.

The Hebrew and Greek texts though would indeed be our "final authority"
Yes, I guess we have a very close facsimile to the originals, through the comparisons of the multitude of manuscripts we do have, even though we don't have the original autographs.
Heck, God has even used such diluted translations as "Good News for Modern Man" as an instrument of the Holy Spirit in drawing souls to Christ.

They are yours...
Dont speak for the rest of us.

God gave the english bible to the english speaking world.
Look around you.
Every country trains in this language.
God knew this well before it happened.
NONE but KJVO hold English translation superior to the Hebrew and Greek texts!

For those who appeal to English as the new "universal language" I would like to point out that more people speak Chinese than they do English.

Hello BibleLover;

Interesting. This caught my attention. May I ask where you got this stat?

Unless there are more Chinese reading the Bible from a population statistic I don't feel they are the majority of Christian believers, yet.

It has always been my understand that English, (not necessarily American English,) is the universal language for international business, trade and communication around the world in these times.

God bless you, BibleLover, and your family.

Hello BibleLover;

Unless there are more Chinese reading the Bible from a population statistic I don't feel they are the majority of Christian believers, yet.

It has always been my understand that English, (not necessarily American English,) is the universal language for international business, trade and communication around the world in these times.

Think that the latest estimates state that China may have as manu as now 200 million Chritians, as the harder communism tries to crush Jesus, more they end up making for Him!

Think that the latest estimates state that China may have as manu as now 200 million Chritians, as the harder communism tries to crush Jesus, more they end up making for Him!

You know, YeshuaFan;

It's hard for me to keep up with the Christian movement, large population and China's increase in world affairs.

If anything else, I always go into prayer. It's still hard to keep up.

God bless you, brother.

For those who appeal to English as the new "universal language" I would like to point out that more people speak Chinese than they do English.
This idea came off the top of my head and didn't take into account second language English. It's embarrassing when I get caught speaking out of the end opposite my mouth.😳

Hello BibleLover;

It is quite difficult apparently to determine which languages are actually the most spoken in the world. This article looks at the top ten and various ways to attempt to determine the ranking of these languages.

This idea came off the top of my head and didn't take into account second language English. It's embarrassing when I get caught speaking out of the end opposite my mouth.😳

Hey BibleLover;

That's ok, it did make me think. I once felt so confident giving the sermon on Isaiah and a young member in the back corrected me, that I referred to the book of Isaac. Yikes!

Of course I denied that but the young couple in our media ministry reminded me they always recorded the sermons. I was embarrassed but was glad our member was attentive and brought it to my attention.

China has biggest population of any country in the world, so naturally the language spoken is Chinese. But the most widely spoken and understood language worldwide is English.
In Jesus day it was Greek.

I think each people group deserve a bible translated into their own tongue..also keeps their language alive. And it helps them.
I taught ESOL for a bit, and there are easy to read versions of the Bible. But always be aware that sometimes things are lost in translation, and the Hebrew idioms and Greek syntax don't come across as well in the English versions. Though the KJV makes a good attempt at preserving the richness of the imagery of scripture...because the Bible is rich in 'word pictures' and phrases.

Nobody is really reading the Bible in Latin unless they are scholars. At least I don't know of anyone who insists on it.

Back