Doctrinal Authority

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Paul did not FALL IN TO SIN. He was still a sinner because his nature did not change. Our Old nature of sin never goes away my friend.

We are freed from sins penality but we still live in a body prone to sin......not because we want to but because we can not help it.

That is what Paul was trying teach us in Romans 7.

I can not agree with that as the Bible does not support it.

We are all born with a built-in death warrant, which is our sin nature, because we have inherited this sin nature from Adam we are already born spiritually dead (separated from God) and die physically.

1 Cor. 15:22: “For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive.” Death came by Adam and the resurrection can only come to mankind by believing in Jesus Christ.
Yes of course we were dead in our sins and on our way to hell when we were in our Adamic state. But Christ redeemed us when we got saved. The entire bible supports the fact that Christ set us free from sin and death and we are no longer under or bound by the Law of Sin and Death. Jesus came to earth to destroy the works of the devil in our lives. To destroy the power of sin in our lives and He finished His course. We are no longer of the Adamic nature. We have been raised in the newness of life! The bible supports all that is written here. The scripture you gave supports what I say. Those who are still of the Adamic nature (unsaved mankind) will ALL DIE. But those in Christ are made alive.

When we sin, it is because our soul has usurped authority over the Christ in us and has made a choice to sin.

To clarify, are you saying:
- "it is because our soul [which desires sin] has usurped authority over the Christ in us and has made a choice to sin"
OR
- "it is because our soul [which no longer desires sin] has usurped authority over the Christ in us and has made a choice to sin [because of reasons besides temptation].

In other words, how does that explain temptation (i.e., as in James 1:13-15)... whether we say that temptation comes from our "nature" or our "soul," what's the difference?

I will do yuou one better.

Matthew 7:21-23New King James Version (NKJV)
21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Now consider properly the "context" of those verses.

Matt. 7:21-23............
"Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them."

The Lord Jesus is warning us about false teachers. The false immediately tells us that THEY are not saved people. They are NOT God's people. They are FALSE therefore no truth can be found in them.

Then Jesus says concerning those false prophets.......
"Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Now my dear friend, I just do not see anyway to understand those words other than to say that Jesus was talking about LOST PEOPLE. His exact words were....FALSE PROPHETS. How can that be thought to be anything else??????

It just can not be referring to believers because every believer, truely born again person will be caught up to meet the Lord in the air whether alive or dead. NO born again believer will ever here our Lord say....."Depart from me, I never know you".

Right, someone that is a false prophet, is someone that started out to decieve or someone that had gotten off track. A unsaved person can be a false prophet.

A advirtising for the "School of Prophets" come to mind where someone was raking in money, using the bible to teach folks how to be a biblical prophet. Anyone can do it, just pay the fee to learn how.

We have a newer Guy with a publication called School of Seers. Jonathan Welton has a book on how to see in the unseen realm, and teaches some good things that are scriptural, but closer examination reveals occult like doctrine.

Then we have one of the greatest. William Branham.
A powerful man of God, whose miracles are documented and teaching so humble and spot on in his first years. In fact, a photo was taken that is in the Library of congress that is real, and the negitives examined by the experts as real. (No photoshop in those days)

bro_branham.jpg

You can see the halo producing light on his hair from the actual photo and why it's in the Library of Congress.

While I was teaching the other week, someone said I had a glow and something standing behind me, but a real clear yellow/green light was around me.

I don't know what those things are, but when the Anointing is there, things happen.

Anyway........ William started to get into a serpent seed doctrine later on in his life, and started to study pyrimids.. He lost most of those who were following him.

God sent several folks to warn him to stop preaching and get back on the truth, seek God, get things back to what you first believed.

He ignored them, and kept on with his false teaching.

He and his wife were killed by a drunk driver I think in the early 60's.

So, Jesus warning are to those who have cast out devils, have operated prophecy.

Remember, Jesus did not say anything about their claim. He said you did not do the will of God and produced no fruit.

No question they were not teaching things scripturally, but a warning to those who stop doing the will of God..

Remember, Jesus said any man that will do the will of God will know right doctrine.

If someone gets off into doing their own thing, it effects what they believe. It soon gets twisted and they start to believe wrong things.

No matter if your a false prophet, You have no authority to cast out a devil if you are not saved.

If you are saved, have cast out devils by the free gift, yet later won't do the will of the Father. Then you using your "Free Gifts" are not going to cut it when it's time to rule with Jesus as a King and priest.

Kingdom just means to Rule with................. It's not a place. You already know that though.

I have never said that a New Creature in Christ will never sin. If you read all of my posts, what I have said is that a true born of God, Son of God, new creature in Christ does not have to sin. We are no longer held captive to sin.
If WE sin, it is by CHOICE.

If that's true, what do we make of Romans 2:14-15? It sounds like for everyone, sin is a choice.

The new man is the new INNER man .
I was speaking about the outer BODY .THAT is still subject to sin and death.
The new man is CHRIST .

and the BODY is DEAD because of sin .
Let not sin REIGN in your MORTAL body .

If Christ the NEW man reigns then the body stays dead and buried .
In due time the BODY which has already been redeemed will one day be revealed "ready to be revealed" The purchased possession"
The confusion is I think stems from a lack of appreciation of the tri part being of man and to which each part of the gospel applies to each.

in Christ
gerald
Jesus Christ is the only way out of this body of sin and death...
At the point of salvation, we put on the New Man. Just as we bore the image of the earthy (adamic nature) so are we now clothed in the image of the heavenly (new nature) 1 Cor. 15 Yes the body is still flesh and blood and will go back to the dust. The earthy body will not stand before God. It is the soul that is accountable. In the New ManBut the body is also the body of Christ renewed in knowledge and true holiness. One day it will go back to the dust and we will be clothed with our new bodies. But until we are changed for this mortal to immortality, we must not usurp authority over Christ and begin to use his body to satisfy the lust of our souls.

Jesus Christ is the only way out of this body of sin and death...
At the point of salvation, we put on the New Man. Just as we bore the image of the earthy (adamic nature) so are we now clothed in the image of the heavenly (new nature) 1 Cor. 15 Yes the body is still flesh and blood and will go back to the dust. The earthy body will not stand before God. It is the soul that is accountable. In the New ManBut the body is also the body of Christ renewed in knowledge and true holiness. One day it will go back to the dust and we will be clothed with our new bodies. But until we are changed for this mortal to immortality, we must not usurp authority over Christ and begin to use his body to satisfy the lust of our souls.

The body has been redeemed and that mortal body will become like his body that is flesh and BONE and as Job confessed "in my flesh I shall see God"
This body of clay therefore is not discarded . For it was made by God to house and be the Temple of the Holy Spirit .
It has been redeemed by the blood of the Lamb . Yet it is still subject to sin and death and by another "is dead because of sin "
"But if the same Spirit that raised up Jesus from the dead .He shall quicken (make alive) your MORTAL bodies by HIS Spirit ."
".........Let not sin reign therefore in your mortal bodies that ye obey it in the lusts thereof "
The body of Christ is the church and each member of that body is a temple of the Holy Spirit .

in Christ
gerald

- "it is because our soul [which desires sin] has usurped authority over the Christ in us and has made a choice to sin"
OR
- "it is because our soul [which no longer desires sin] has usurped authority over the Christ in us and has made a choice to sin [because of reasons besides temptation].

In other words, how does that explain temptation (i.e., as in James 1:13-15)... whether we say that temptation comes from our "nature" or our "soul," what's the difference?
A true son of God with the indwelling Holy Spirit does not desire to sin and can be kept blameless by walking in the Spirit. At salvation the soul is placed inside the Holy Spirit. Romans 6:9-11 9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him. 10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God. 11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. Let us not miss what Paul preaches here. Just as sin and death have no more dominion over Jesus, it likewise has no more dominion over us. Even though we are living in these earthen vessels with Jesus, the law of the Spirit of Life has made us free from the Law of sin and death. Therefore, we are no longer under any captivity or indebted to the flesh to live in lust and wantonness. So he goes on to say in Romans 6:12 - Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. Some read this verse and jump for joy and use this verse to justify that the flesh is full of lust and therefore it has the nature of sin in it. But the verse is saying; "Let not or Do Not Allow sin to reign in your body". Who is he talking to; certainly not the body itself. He is speaking to the soul. For trying and proving purposes, the soul has been given authority to act as steward over the flesh. It is the soul that has to allow sin to rule and reign in the flesh. How? It is the soul that looks out into the world and sets its affections on things forbidden to a son of God. It is the soul that looks and by choice creates its own wantonness and lust. The body has nothing to do with it. The body only does what the soul tells it to do. It is the soul that must answer to the Lord.

OR

Temptation comes when our soul looks out into the world and begins to desire that which is forbidden. When the eye is not single. Temptation does not come from a sin nature or the flesh. We are not under any captivity to the power of sin. A son of God sins by choice when the soul creates its own lust and defile the temple.

Last edited:
Romans 7:18
For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out.

So then it must be the general consensus here that a son of God, born of God's Spirit, transformed in the newness of life by Christ has nothing good dwelling in their flesh. Even though God says this body is the body of Christ and a holy temple. So Paul is telling all of the body of Christ down thru the ages that neither he nor any sons of God have the ability or the power to carry out what is right and acceptable onto God. (rather ludicrous..right?)

Do you not see that Paul was not talking about his present state but was explaining his state in the past before salvation, when he was still bound by the Law of sin and death...?

A true son of God with the indwelling Holy Spirit does not desire to sin and can be kept blameless by walking in the Spirit.

So a "true son of God" does not experience temptation then, if I understand that? As in, if you are currently experiencing temptation, that is an indication to you that you are not a "true son of God?"

Temptation comes when our soul looks out into the world and begins to desire that which is forbidden. When the eye is not single. Temptation does not come from a sin nature or the flesh. We are not under any captivity to the power of sin. A son of God sins by choice when the soul creates its own lust and defile the temple.

I don't know man. Whatever "looks out into the world" and "begins to desire that which is forbidden..." whether you say that desire comes from your body or your soul seems like more of a vocabulary issue than a doctrinal issue.

So a "true son of God" does not experience temptation then, if I understand that? As in, if you are currently experiencing temptation, that is an indication to you that you are not a "true son of God?"

I don't know man. Whatever "looks out into the world" and "begins to desire that which is forbidden..." whether you say that desire comes from your body or your soul seems like more of a vocabulary issue than a doctrinal issue.

Of course a son of God can be tempted, just as Jesus was tempted. When tempted He chose to obey the Father in all things all of the time. We have the ability to do the same. When we sin, we sin by choice. Jesus also could have chosen to sin.

No vocab problem. This is part of the Mystery of Christ and the raising up/quickening of the New Man. One needs to understand the triune nature of God and His New Man and what happens to the Adamic body (flesh), soul and spirit at the time of salvation in order to create a spiritual man and a true Son. (1 Corinthians 15)

Last edited:
When God breathed into Adam he became a "living soul". The soul of man is that part which is "conscience" of both the spiritual and physical worlds. A Christian lives in two worlds at the same time, the spiritual and the physical. The soul of man receives input from his flesh, and he receives input from his spirit. It is at that point the soul of man decides on which path he will take. He can either follow his flesh or his spirit. The soul of man does not make any independent studies of its own, it only uses input from either his flesh or spirit. When man is tempted to sin it will always be through man's human nature, for that is where man is at his weakest. The Christ in man can never be tempted to sin, for he is God. This was were Jesus was tempted. After fasting for 40 days Jesus as the scripture tells us "was hungry". Where was Jesus tempted? "If thou be the Son of God, command these stones to be made bread...."

Man sin's when he follows after the flesh, and disregards what his heart it telling him.

Last edited:
Of course a son of God can be tempted, just as Jesus was tempted. When tempted He chose to obey the Father in all things all of the time. We have the ability to do the same. When we sin, we sin by choice. Jesus also could have chosen to sin.

Yeah. That's why I say it's a vocabulary issue. Is it more correct to say, for example, "when we are tempted, we need to submit to the Spirit who dwells in us, but is not us," or do we instead say, "when we are tempted, we need to submit to ourselves, since we only have perfect, transformed nature."

If a "son of God can be tempted," where do we say this temptation comes from: ourselves, or something outside of ourselves? "But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed" James 1:14. Whether our "own lust" come from our body or our "soul" seems like a vocabulary issue. Is it better to say that we resist our "own lust" by submitting to Christ, or by submitting to our own perfection?

Last edited:
Yeah. That's why I say it's a vocabulary issue. Is it more correct to say, for example, "when we are tempted, we need to submit to the Spirit who dwells in us, but is not us," or do we instead say, "when we are tempted, we need to submit to ourselves, since we only have perfect, transformed nature."

If a "son of God can be tempted," where do we say this temptation comes from: ourselves, or something outside of ourselves? "But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed" James 1:14. Whether our "own lust" come from our body our our "soul" seems like a vocabulary issue. Is it better to say that we resist our "own lust" by submitting to Christ, or by submitting to our own perfection?

I think we should know that the word, "lust" really means "desire". Jesus had a "desire" to eat after fasting 40 days, and this desire came from within his human nature. This is what made his temptation real. He was very hungry, and I am sure it was foremost on his mind at that time. The divine nature within Jesus did not need to eat anything to sustain its life for it is eternal. Jesus's human nature needed food to sustained its physical life, but Jesus was not about to prove he was the Son of God by commanding stones to be made bread.

Last edited:

If a "son of God can be tempted," where do we say this temptation comes from: ourselves, or something outside of ourselves? "But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed" James 1:14. Whether our "own lust" come from our body our our "soul" seems like a vocabulary issue. Is it better to say that we resist our "own lust" by submitting to Christ, or by submitting to our own perfection?

Of course we submit to the Spirit in us. When we do, then we are walking in the Spirit.
The lust does not come from the body. It is created by the soul. The body of sin was destroyed at salvation.
No vocab problem. This is part of the Mystery of Christ and the raising up/quickening of the New Man. One needs to understand the triune nature of God and His New Man and what happens to the Adamic body (flesh), soul and spirit at the time of salvation in order to create a spiritual man and a true Son. (1 Corinthians 15)

I think we should know that the word, "lust" really means "desire". Jesus had a "desire" to eat after fasting 40 days, and this desire came from within his human nature. This is what made his temptation real. He was very hungry, and I am sure it foremost on his mind at that time. The divine nature within Jesus did not need to eat anything to sustain its life for it is eternal. Jesus's human nature needed food to sustained its physical life, but Jesus was not about to prove he was the Son of God by commanding stones to be made bread.
If you study the 'soul' in scripture, you find it is made up of the heart; mind; desires; appetites; emotions; will... The soul is what gives expression to the body. The body manifests the soul to the world.

Job 23:13 But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.
Whatever the soul desires, the body is used to fulfill it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back