doctrines of man

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be argued that Jesus spent three years with His disciples, teaching, correcting and admonishing, before having communion with them. It wasn't like they just 'showed up', said the 'sinners prayer' and had communion.
True, but only requirement to take communion seems to be saved and not walking in knowing unconfessed sinning!

Much depends on what type of church, as being Baptist, we would require for membership completing membership class and having had a valid water baptism, which means was saved when dunked, so infant baptism not legit to us!
i understand the type church i ask where is scripture to back this up ..there is None just like closed communion if your saved you can partake membership on books or not ..

Interesting to me that we require water baptism to join a local church, but none in order to join Universal Church, nor needed for communion!
baptism follows salvation it is good to be baptized .but it does not effect salvation if you are or are not .as i stated it is good as it follows Christ ..but be mindful there was no actual need for Christ to be baptized other than show a example.. was it important yes .it was a fulfillment

2 questions where in the Bible does it say to join a church with membership . you have to be baptized into that church, even though one has been baptized ? next where does it say you must be part of a certain denom in order to baptize at said church.

i normally ignore such petty things after a conversation with a Christian buddy .be fore i hung up joking i said i hope you get saved. he joked said when we get a new pastor i will. then i said when they baptize you i will come up and do it.. he then said you cant in our church. yes all this was in fun.

but on a serious note i would like scripture to answer . to be honest your not going find scripture .

before the protect the pulpit comes up.. plz dont all i ask.

There is nothing in the Bible that talks about church membership in the modern sense of taking classes, affirming the church’s doctrinal position, and signing a type of agreement, howevr in Romans 12:4-5 ......
"For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others."

Hebrews 13:17,..........
“Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they keep watch over your souls as those who will give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with grief, for this would be unprofitable for you.”

1 Peter 5:1–3, .............
“Therefore, I exhort the elders among you, as your fellow elder and witness of the sufferings of Christ, and a partaker also of the glory that is to be revealed, 2 shepherd the flock of God among you, exercising oversight not under compulsion, but voluntarily, according to the will of God; and not for sordid gain, but with eagerness; 3 nor yet as lording it over those allotted to your charge, but proving to be examples to the flock.”

1 Timothy 5:17, ...........
“The elders who rule well are to be considered worthy of double honor, especially those who work hard at preaching and teaching.”

There is nothing in the Bible that talks about church membership in the modern sense of taking classes, affirming the church’s doctrinal position, and signing a type of agreement, howevr in Romans 12:4-5 ......
"For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others."

Hebrews 13:17,..........
“Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they keep watch over your souls as those who will give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with grief, for this would be unprofitable for you.”

1 Peter 5:1–3, .............
“Therefore, I exhort the elders among you, as your fellow elder and witness of the sufferings of Christ, and a partaker also of the glory that is to be revealed, 2 shepherd the flock of God among you, exercising oversight not under compulsion, but voluntarily, according to the will of God; and not for sordid gain, but with eagerness; 3 nor yet as lording it over those allotted to your charge, but proving to be examples to the flock.”

1 Timothy 5:17, ...........
“The elders who rule well are to be considered worthy of double honor, especially those who work hard at preaching and teaching.”
Baptists would tend to see this as being under church autonomy, as making decision as to what would be required for membership!

all depending what said by laws are. many things are needed to protect the church in this day and age . some things just are not needed . baptized into the church members only communion .many simply will not recognize any other denom. one church i know of allowed no accompanied music do to the fact it might have those unGodly drums.. i realize this is not popular and many will read but avoid comments.

This that you have said speaks to the problem of how groupings seem to always leap forward into formulaic testing and hoop-dee-hoops for new people, through which they must jump through rather than for the leaders to FIRST seek the Lord for discernment. Far too many leaders are leaders only by hire, and elders only elders by vote by members who themselves lack discernment. The blind leading the blind.

Why so many seem to always gravitate down to the lowest wrung of functionality in Christ is almost a slap in the face of Christ Himself, rooted in doubts that He will ever empower His TRUE leaders in the Church with the empowerment of discernment.

Do I sound somewhat frustrated with this? Well....perhaps. The ideas from which far too many operate, all of which do the gravity plunge for assuming the Lord is pleased with them playing around with the magic wands of their man-made formulas, that's just messed up.

They should ALWAYS and forever be placing Christ in the limelight of all that they are as a congregation before Him. The institutional system needs a serious enema of cleansing out the filth of man-made blindness to the insights the Lord can and does give to those who ASK and actively seek to conform themselves to His Headship over the Church, AND the local congregations.

EEEK! :eek: - He's got a SWORD!!!!

MM

Baptists would tend to see this as being under church autonomy, as making decision as to what would be required for membership!

They would but that would then come down to the local Creed of the church.

Now, I think that everyone who attends a church on a regular basis should join as a member. That speaks of union, and cooperation and co-mittment.

It allows the leadership to know who can be counted on!

This that you have said speaks to the problem of how groupings seem to always leap forward into formulaic testing and hoop-dee-hoops for new people, through which they must jump through rather than for the leaders to FIRST seek the Lord for discernment. Far too many leaders are leaders only by hire, and elders only elders by vote by members who themselves lack discernment. The blind leading the blind.

Why so many seem to always gravitate down to the lowest wrung of functionality in Christ is almost a slap in the face of Christ Himself, rooted in doubts that He will ever empower His TRUE leaders in the Church with the empowerment of discernment.

Do I sound somewhat frustrated with this? Well....perhaps. The ideas from which far too many operate, all of which do the gravity plunge for assuming the Lord is pleased with them playing around with the magic wands of their man-made formulas, that's just messed up.

They should ALWAYS and forever be placing Christ in the limelight of all that they are as a congregation before Him. The institutional system needs a serious enema of cleansing out the filth of man-made blindness to the insights the Lord can and does give to those who ASK and actively seek to conform themselves to His Headship over the Church, AND the local congregations.

EEEK! :eek: - He's got a SWORD!!!!

MM

Correct!

Way too many people have been placed into church leadership simply because there are regular attendees or they are tithers!

dont fall out of your chair but i agree .i have often said does the church know how to find a pastor. deacons in many ways are placed on who you are.. how big $$$$ you give and your worth, dont get me wrong there is nothing wrong with being well set with money.. many make the quote money is the root of all evil .its the love of .

2 questions where in the Bible does it say to join a church with membership . you have to be baptized into that church, even though one has been baptized ? next where does it say you must be part of a certain denom in order to baptize at said church.

i normally ignore such petty things after a conversation with a Christian buddy .be fore i hung up joking i said i hope you get saved. he joked said when we get a new pastor i will. then i said when they baptize you i will come up and do it.. he then said you cant in our church. yes all this was in fun.

but on a serious note i would like scripture to answer . to be honest your not going find scripture .

before the protect the pulpit comes up.. plz dont all i ask.
THE CHURCH belongs to Jesus, and He runs it through the agency of the Holy Spirit. Whenever A CHURCH doesn't follow the tenets and guidance of Scripture, such a "church" is a false church. Adding man-made rules placing extra burdens on people is a Pharisaical practice signaling the existence of probable heretical teachings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back