doctrines of man

Status
Not open for further replies.
there are humteen Baptist each one has one or two things different . i dont find any one certain denomination have it all right. i have heard people say i cant find a church i like.. pssst it could be the person saying it.. a old time preacher man once said if your looking for a perfect church and find it. it wont be perfect very Long your there :eek: so many people fail to discern what is going on. paul wrote it best about teachers with itchy ears
we have a church below us been with out a pastor over 2 years to much division plus a family or 2 with there hand on the throat choking it out. no longer hold sunday night service. i offered go in hold p.m church no money.. i think there concerned what i might say. 25 years ago you could find a revival service any week day. some lasting 3weeks you do good with fair attendance on sunday morning

What? You've never found a perfect church?

Why...they're all over...it's just that they're the ones saying they aren't perfect.....

No you see why I carry a DOUBLE-edged sword....

MM

Why...they're all over...it's just that they're the ones saying they aren't perfect.....

MM
instead of patting ourselves on the back and sing how great i am.. proverb writer

Proverbs 20:6​

“Most men will proclaim every one his own goodness: but a faithful man who can find?” its not about us and how we believe. its all about him . 3 crosses thieves on the cross the cross that Christ was crucified on and our cross to take up deny ourselves.. we either have Him on the cross and us on the throne of Grace or us on the cross Galatians 6:20 and Him on the Throne .

only two types people saved or lost agree disagree were all in this race

instead of patting ourselves on the back and sing how great i am.. proverb writer

Proverbs 20:6​

“Most men will proclaim every one his own goodness: but a faithful man who can find?” its not about us and how we believe. its all about him . 3 crosses thieves on the cross the cross that Christ was crucified on and our cross to take up deny ourselves.. we either have Him on the cross and us on the throne of Grace or us on the cross Galatians 6:20 and Him on the Throne .

only two types people saved or lost agree disagree were all in this race

Hmm. Well, I was just giving brevity a try....

MM

Well Adam always made the excuse that he was older than Eve.
I don't know how much older (presumably they were made on the same day) but it may have only been a couple of hours.

an elder, πρεσβύτερος (presbuteros)
a bishop (overseer) ἐπίσκοπος (episkopos)
Two different words, no word translated as pastor

There is no word translated as 'pastor' in the KJV, the closest might be 'shepherd'...
Shepherd ποιμήν (poimein)

Cf Ephesians 4:11 poimenas in KJV as "pastors"
Ok, so it is shepherd. In human terms, ‘under shepherd’.

1Pet 2:25 is interesting in this regard where Jesus is signified as both Shepherd and Bishop…

1 Peter 2:25 KJV
[25] For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

an elder, πρεσβύτερος (presbuteros)
a bishop (overseer) ἐπίσκοπος (episkopos)
Two different words, no word translated as pastor

There is no word translated as 'pastor' in the KJV, the closest might be 'shepherd'...
Shepherd ποιμήν (poimein)
Believe that Shepard in latin can translate over as pastor equivalent, and that Bishops, Overseers. Elders basically same vested meaning, as NT does not support elaborate hierarchy like in more mainline churches!

ok just to settle this bishiop must a be a pastor first/ father n the lord (one that has stood the test of time } overseer still has to have experience knowledge--pulpit experience/ seasoned / pastor feeds the flock and watches over the flock
. all these offices are under the great Shephard all this there must be anointing . no offense to those who hold degrees .but today we have traded education over holy ghost educated .
two of my all time favorite ministers who hold doctor degrees jay Vernon McGee Adrian Rogers . them bring it down to a level of understanding . i respect Charles Stanley his son Andy i can do with out. .
i like the old time preaching of the word regardless of the title . i had the president of general Baptist head quarters come preach a while back. i introduced him as Bro Danny. not Dr .

MM

I have often said that every church is perfect.......untill "you" came to it. (Not you MM. but to those listening)

ok just to settle this bishiop must a be a pastor first/ father n the lord (one that has stood the test of time } overseer still has to have experience knowledge--pulpit experience/ seasoned / pastor feeds the flock and watches over the flock
. all these offices are under the great Shephard all this there must be anointing . no offense to those who hold degrees .but today we have traded education over holy ghost educated .
two of my all time favorite ministers who hold doctor degrees jay Vernon McGee Adrian Rogers . them bring it down to a level of understanding . i respect Charles Stanley his son Andy i can do with out. .
i like the old time preaching of the word regardless of the title . i had the president of general Baptist head quarters come preach a while back. i introduced him as Bro Danny. not Dr .

Dr. would be a sign of respect for the accomplishment he had done.
Brother would be an acknowledgment of his relationship with you and Christ.

DR. is just letters before a name and personally I insist on being called "MAJOR" because that is my name.

A Pastor/Bishop according to the Scriptures....Must be a man, Male.

Dr. would be a sign of respect for the accomplishment he had done.
Brother would be an acknowledgment of his relationship with you and Christ.

DR. is just letters before a name and personally I insist on being called "MAJOR" because that is my name.

A Pastor/Bishop according to the Scriptures....Must be a man, Male.

Yeah. At university, I noticed how Ph.D actually stood for "Post Hole Digger" for a number of them.

MM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back