doctrines of man

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is correct, YeshuaFan;

The rub is when churches try to emulate the other "church down the block" because the way they do communion is cool.

OK. The original question in the 1st post was..............

"2 questions where in the Bible does it say to join a church with membership . you have to be baptized into that church, even though one has been baptized ? next where does it say you must be part of a certain denom in order to baptize at said church."

#1. No where!

However..........Jesus established the church to be a public, earthly institution that would mark out, affirm, and oversee those who profess to believe in him (Matt. 16:18-19, 18:15-20).

Jesus established the church to publicly declare those who belong to him in order to give the world a display of the good news about himself (John 17:21, 23; see also Eph. 3:10).

#2. No Where.

However.........God gave us a brain!
It is obvious that a person who baptizes someone else should be a Christian. Scriptures say that church leaders traditionally baptized people in the New Testament. This was not limited to elders or pastors, but also included missionaries like Paul and his associates who performed baptisms during their missionary activities. The church leader Philip also baptized an Ethiopian in Acts 8:36-39.

It might help to remember that Jesus did NOT baptize!

OK. The original question in the 1st post was..............
"2 questions where in the Bible does it say to join a church with membership . you have to be baptized into that church, even though one has been baptized ? next where does it say you must be part of a certain denom in order to baptize at said church."
#1. No where!
However..........Jesus established the church to be a public, earthly institution that would mark out, affirm, and oversee those who profess to believe in him (Matt. 16:18-19, 18:15-20).
Jesus established the church to publicly declare those who belong to him in order to give the world a display of the good news about himself (John 17:21, 23; see also Eph. 3:10).
#2. No Where.

It is obvious that a person who baptizes someone else should be a Christian. Scriptures say that church leaders traditionally baptized people in the New Testament. This was not limited to elders or pastors, but also included missionaries like Paul and his associates who performed baptisms during their missionary activities. The church leader Philip also baptized an Ethiopian in Acts 8:36-39.
It might help to remember that Jesus did NOT baptize!

Hello Major;

I agree and would like to add;

Regarding question 2. When we understand two definitions of "members," I feel one definition is the doctrines of man when the church requires a new member to attend a 101 new members class and then give them official membership.

I don't find this biblical. Instead, I would suggest an orientation class for new church attendees.

I remember you and I shared in another post, the other definition of "members" who meet the consistent longevity, visibility and support while serving their home church to vote, serve on the pulpit committee, the Board, teach, and other constructive areas.

When you posted "Jesus established the church to be public" affirms that when we receive and follow Christ we are members. That I do find biblical.

Before all that I used to be a scarecrow in the church, until God gave me a brain. lol!

Hello Major;

I agree and would like to add;

Regarding question 2. When we understand two definitions of "members," I feel one definition is the doctrines of man when the church requires a new member to attend a 101 new members class and then give them official membership.

I don't find this biblical. Instead, I would suggest an orientation class for new church attendees.

I remember you and I shared in another post, the other definition of "members" who meet the consistent longevity, visibility and support while serving their home church to vote, serve on the pulpit committee, the Board, teach, and other constructive areas.

When you posted "Jesus established the church to be public" affirms that when we receive and follow Christ we are members. That I do find biblical.

Before all that I used to be a scarecrow in the church, until God gave me a brain. lol!

Agreed.

We accept everyone who comes and if they are a new Christian then we have a "New Christian " class.

If they are just uniting with us then it is a "New Orientation" class which is much much shorter and in some cases not given at all.

i would suggest some get a brain on how the Church operates . men like to make up rules on how the church runs . far as that goes we have got away from foot washing

lets not forget being confirmed and closed communion

Explain your thoughts on Baptist "Confirmation".

Most Southern Baptist churches I know of permit anyone who has put his or her faith in Jesus Christ to participate in the Lord's Supper.

Do you service a "Closed" communion a in......if you are not a Baptist then you are not allowed to participate.

i would suggest some get a brain on how the Church operates . men like to make up rules on how the church runs . far as that goes we have got away from foot washing

Too bad. When I shower, I do my feet too because Psalms 51:7 told me............
"Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back