doctrines of man

Status
Not open for further replies.
doctrines of women (or mums)

Have a bath in plenty of hot water and soap. Don't forget to scrub your neck.
You can join in the morning tea as long as you bring a plate (plate meaning...a plate of food, preferably goods you have baked yourself)
Wear shoes and tuck in your shirt.

Oh and always go to the toilet BEFORE you go out.

You can join in the morning tea as long as you bring a plate (plate meaning...a plate of food, preferably goods you have baked yourself)

And oh girls, don't forget, Pajama party follows refreshments.

I thought that "mums" were flowers.

THE CHURCH belongs to Jesus, and He runs it through the agency of the Holy Spirit. Whenever A CHURCH doesn't follow the tenets and guidance of Scripture, such a "church" is a false church. Adding man-made rules placing extra burdens on people is a Pharisaical practice signaling the existence of probable heretical teachings.

That's an interesting post, BL. Thank you for that. Glad you brought that up.

So, can that also apply to the visuals within the services I've attended in the past? In other words, then the "clergy" wears their funny robes, sashes and all the other man-made trappings of their "position" above all others in their following, all of which sets them apart from all others in the room/sanctuary, isn't that as pagan as some of the ecclesiastical practices within the "service" gathering of the congregation?

In other words, since we're ALL priests unto the Most High, why do some differentiate themselves from the others around them? I'm sure most would downplay this as being a non-issue since, after all, it's a deep-seated tradition that most don't ever give any thought as being an issue worth examining. That's a common practice among cults...downplaying the distinctives that they have such emotional ties to, and so poo-poo any criticisms any dare to voice.

Just some thoughts....

MM

THE CHURCH belongs to Jesus, and He runs it through the agency of the Holy Spirit. Whenever A CHURCH doesn't follow the tenets and guidance of Scripture, such a "church" is a false church. Adding man-made rules placing extra burdens on people is a Pharisaical practice signaling the existence of probable heretical teachings.
Being a Baptist, each local church has autonomy to set the membership requirements as they see the bible teaching them!

Being a Baptist, each local church has autonomy to set the membership requirements as they see the bible teaching them!

Precisely. Institutional churches are man-made, not God-breathed. They're just a model for what they think is the gathering of believers. They're therefore free to do as they wish. They can even install gold plating over their roof if they so choose.

So, as is written:

Matthew 18:20 KJV For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

This idea that having a communal facility with professional "clergy" staffing somehow legitimizes them as the only acceptable assembly of believers....no. That's utterly false.

The institutional system is in the cross-hairs of the enemy, and they are going to one day prompt their political puppets to go after them all as their front-line attack against what THEY think is Christianity.

Meanwhile.....the fish symbol at the cave entrance is still there.....to this very day, and beyond.....

MM

Precisely. Institutional churches are man-made, not God-breathed. They're just a model for what they think is the gathering of believers. They're therefore free to do as they wish. They can even install gold plating over their roof if they so choose.
one could say that about any type church gathering in homes.. its not necessarily the instructional church see the Building is just a church . when the people/congregation gathers / assembles they become the Church . some denoms i will not use the name but they preach they are the only true n.t church . of course another one they are the only true Church

This idea that having a communal facility with professional "clergy" staffing somehow legitimizes them as the only acceptable assembly of believers....no. That's utterly false. ( i have to respectfully disagree

8Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. 9(Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? 10He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.) 11And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 13Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: 14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

i am by far a professional i do pastor a church were small in numbers .but we do have unity is there Churches that are man made or should is ay run by man? yes sir i have seen them ben to them.
i am ordained general Baptist simply because i took the call to preach in a gen Baptist church the association ordained me after a year . it use to be a strong association. every 5th sunday week for 3 nights we had services took turns holding at each others church . many a good nights of service .

note it use to be the old timers that supported it died off.. now then is the Church what it should be ? no many have fell off.

The institutional system is in the cross-hairs of the enemy, and they are going to one day prompt their political puppets to go after them all as their front-line attack against what THEY think is Christianity.

Meanwhile.....the fish symbol at the cave entrance is still there.....to this very day, and beyond.....

in some maybe but i can take you and show you a lot of good churches to attend from the Pentecostal ( yes they Love Jesus as much as the baptist. just different worship ) to the Baptist and all the in between..

we are just trying to do best we can. my self i have no formal training just the school of hard knocks

There is nothing in the Bible that talks about church membership in the modern sense of taking classes, affirming the church’s doctrinal position, and signing a type of agreement, howevr in Romans 12:4-5 ......
"For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others."

That's an interesting post, BL. Thank you for that. Glad you brought that up. So, can that also apply to the visuals within the services I've attended in the past? In other words, then the "clergy" wears their funny robes, sashes and all the other man-made trappings of their "position" above all others in their following, all of which sets them apart from all others in the room/sanctuary, isn't that as pagan as some of the ecclesiastical practices within the "service" gathering of the congregation? In other words, since we're ALL priests unto the Most High, why do some differentiate themselves from the others around them? I'm sure most would downplay this as being a non-issue since, after all, it's a deep-seated tradition that most don't ever give any thought as being an issue worth examining. That's a common practice among cults...downplaying the distinctives that they have such emotional ties to, and so poo-poo any criticisms any dare to voice.

Just some thoughts....

MM

Hello brothers;

From reading everyone's posts, I feel we understand and agree on "autonomy" in the church. Along with the church's autonomy - how God leads them to govern their church body, I want to add the respect I have for the church's pastor and his staff.

I can't say this is true of all churches that we know and are aware of. I know of churches in our community that ended in disaster by the choices of the pastor's theocracy, control and developed self doctrine. The pastor left the members without a shepherd and the members scattered.

There was an experience I had this year. My former professor and good friend taught me at a Southern Baptist seminary. Back in July I attended a "service of consecration" where he was installed as a Bishop.

Up front the pulpit area was filled with almost a dozen pastors, all wearing glowing robes, there was a lot of individual's doing special song and the order of the service was very orderly. It was a long service.

My understanding is he is already an ordained Baptist Pastor (greek word poimen) but now he is being commissioned as a Bishop (greek word episkopos.) I went back and reviewed the greek definition of both ministries. There are some variances, but overall in my understanding, the pastor and bishop are distinct with each other's role and ministry. So why would my former professor need to be installed as a Bishop?

Regardless, I didn't discern any misleading of the service and was happy for pastor. But what prompted my spirit was the whole service had prayed and was led to commission him in this autonomy. I may have not agreed on the whole lavish celebration but respected the commissioning of my former professor.

Again, I feel we understand the autonomous leading for each church but when we can discern no misleading of God's sheep and the obedience of the pastor called, we can respect their governance.

Any other's thoughts?

a bishop is in charge over other ministers/pastors actually i learned something i didn't know southern Baptist or any other Baptist use the office of Bishop, the Bishop imo would be considered a father in the Lord . years of preaching being pastor

a bishop is in charge over other ministers/pastors actually i learned something i didn't know southern Baptist or any other Baptist use the office of Bishop, the Bishop imo would be considered a father in the Lord . years of preaching being pastor

Hello forgiven;

You are correct. I have heard the Bishop oversee other pastors in a particular church governance but rarely have I heard of a Bishop in the Baptist church.

Hello brothers;

From reading everyone's posts, I feel we understand and agree on "autonomy" in the church. Along with the church's autonomy - how God leads them to govern their church body, I want to add the respect I have for the church's pastor and his staff.

I can't say this is true of all churches that we know and are aware of. I know of churches in our community that ended in disaster by the choices of the pastor's theocracy, control and developed self doctrine. The pastor left the members without a shepherd and the members scattered.

There was an experience I had this year. My former professor and good friend taught me at a Southern Baptist seminary. Back in July I attended a "service of consecration" where he was installed as a Bishop.

Up front the pulpit area was filled with almost a dozen pastors, all wearing glowing robes, there was a lot of individual's doing special song and the order of the service was very orderly. It was a long service.

My understanding is he is already an ordained Baptist Pastor (greek word poimen) but now he is being commissioned as a Bishop (greek word episkopos.) I went back and reviewed the greek definition of both ministries. There are some variances, but overall in my understanding, the pastor and bishop are distinct with each other's role and ministry. So why would my former professor need to be installed as a Bishop?

Regardless, I didn't discern any misleading of the service and was happy for pastor. But what prompted my spirit was the whole service had prayed and was led to commission him in this autonomy. I may have not agreed on the whole lavish celebration but respected the commissioning of my former professor.

Again, I feel we understand the autonomous leading for each church but when we can discern no misleading of God's sheep and the obedience of the pastor called, we can respect their governance.

Any other's thoughts?

Having been a long time Southern Baptist......I have never seen or heard of such a service. I have to ask what denomination was he be installed in as a "Bishop"?

Every SBC is an automatous church. Their is a structure of authority which has what is called a "Director of Missions" who is responsible to the Florida Baptist Convention who has a President and is responsible to the SBC.

"Bishop"?? No such animal I know of in the SBC!

Having been a long time Southern Baptist......I have never seen or heard of such a service. I have to ask what denomination was he be installed in as a "Bishop"?

Every SBC is an automatous church. Their is a structure of authority which has what is called a "Director of Missions" who is responsible to the Florida Baptist Convention who has a President and is responsible to the SBC.

"Bishop"?? No such animal I know of in the SBC!

It sounds like you all need some serious elder rule where you are...:confused:

MM

Hello brothers;

Any other's thoughts?
In Baptist churches, there are Pastors and Elders and deacons, as we tend to see Pastors as overseers, but not any real office of the Bishop as to us would be the same!
While a teaching elder in the AOG, they are set up to have local autonomy as baptists are in local assemblies, but my pastor was also a Bishop, which meant that he was over at the time churches in the midwest region, just to have oversight over them and he would be their contact point for the headquarters!

Not sure about baptists I've never heard of a 'baptist bishop' but I do know they have 'senior pastors' or 'head pastor'. I think baptists like to think they are egalitarian but I am not sure if this is really so.

Many will say that Jesus is the 'bishop of our souls' so don't like to call themselves bishops.

Quakers don't really have pastors as such but there is definitely someone appointed to look after people at the meeting, doing announcements etc. Which is basically 'overseeing'.

Church as we know it is changing and not for the good either. the word Bishop is a office listed in the Bible all though i see many self elevated .its best just to use Brother

F61, good point. Better yet, I'll address them as, "Hey you," that way if any of them self-identify as a Martian or something other than their appearance, it shouldn't offend so easily.

MM

F61, good point. Better yet, I'll address them as, "Hey you," that way if any of them self-identify as a Martian or something other than their appearance, it shouldn't offend so easily.

MM
there are humteen Baptist each one has one or two things different . i dont find any one certain denomination have it all right. i have heard people say i cant find a church i like.. pssst it could be the person saying it.. a old time preacher man once said if your looking for a perfect church and find it. it wont be perfect very Long your there :eek: so many people fail to discern what is going on. paul wrote it best about teachers with itchy ears
we have a church below us been with out a pastor over 2 years to much division plus a family or 2 with there hand on the throat choking it out. no longer hold sunday night service. i offered go in hold p.m church no money.. i think there concerned what i might say. 25 years ago you could find a revival service any week day. some lasting 3weeks you do good with fair attendance on sunday morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back