doctrines of man

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 questions where in the Bible does it say to join a church with membership . you have to be baptized into that church, even though one has been baptized ? next where does it say you must be part of a certain denom in order to baptize at said church.

i normally ignore such petty things after a conversation with a Christian buddy .be fore i hung up joking i said i hope you get saved. he joked said when we get a new pastor i will. then i said when they baptize you i will come up and do it.. he then said you cant in our church. yes all this was in fun.

but on a serious note i would like scripture to answer . to be honest your not going find scripture .

before the protect the pulpit comes up.. plz dont all i ask.

Hello forgiven;

Many Christian churches are autonomous in governing their church by requiring baptism in order to join that church body. Other churches offer new members church membership 101 followed by a certificate or document of completion making membership official. With both they can vote and serve in other areas of ministry.

Our church does neither. If we understand the Gospels, anyone who proclaim Jesus as the Christ and follow Him is already considered a member. The same goes with baptism which is a personal decision between a new Christian and Jesus.

I don't find anywhere in Scripture that requires a certain denomination, prerequisites for membership or getting baptized to join a certain church body.

I was not only a member of an Assemblies of God church, but served as Deacon, Sunday school teacher, and youth group leader even though I never had never had an experience of Baptism in the Holy Spirit as they viewed it, nor did I speak in tongues or manifest any particular charismatic gifts. Either they saw something in me, or they were that desperate, not sure which.

You can be a member of The Church without being a member of a church. However, on a local level, it seems reasonable that a church would want some means of vetting potential participants, representatives, leaders, teachers, and voters to ensure the integrity of that church. If one cannot agree to the terms for membership of a given church, then they should look (prayerfully) for another church.

to ensure the integrity of that church
nothing wrong with knowing what they believe . i failed to list one other closed communion honestly there are churches that will only let you sit in service .not allowed to sing specials more or less seen but not heard ..we ruled the church to death. where the spirit of the Lord is there is liberty

it seems reasonable that a church would want some means of vetting potential participants, representatives, leaders, teachers, and voters to ensure the integrity of that church. If one cannot agree to the terms for membership of a given church, then they should look (prayerfully) for another church.
all depending what said by laws are. many things are needed to protect the church in this day and age . some things just are not needed . baptized into the church members only communion .many simply will not recognize any other denom. one church i know of allowed no accompanied music do to the fact it might have those unGodly drums.. i realize this is not popular and many will read but avoid comments.

I don't find anywhere in Scripture that requires a certain denomination, prerequisites for membership or getting baptized to join a certain church body.
Hi Bob, one of the better reasons I have heard for Church membership is tied in with accountability/discipline. Those who slide from Church congregation to Church congregation (especially in a large city) can 'game the system' without being accountable to anyone.

Hi Bob, one of the better reasons I have heard for Church membership is tied in with accountability/discipline. Those who slide from Church congregation to Church congregation (especially in a large city) can 'game the system' without being accountable to anyone.
i am all for church membership its the man made rules i am against .if a person joins a church for membership, they should know what the church stands for. does the teaching line up with the Bible and what you believe.. i still would like to know where does it say be rebaptized just to join a church body ?

i am all for church membership its the man made rules i am against .if a person joins a church for membership, they should know what the church stands for. does the teaching line up with the Bible and what you believe.. i still would like to know where does it say be rebaptized just to join a church body ?
I don't know even where it says to be baptized to join a Church period.
Romans 6:3 speaks of being baptized into Christ.
Paul seems to give a warning...

I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius, so that no one can say you were baptized in my name.
(1Co 1:14-15)

I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius, so that no one can say you were baptized in my name.
i asked a lady that belonged to a church that practiced that .she tried tell me it was Jesus . dont get me wrong normally i dont let stuff like this bother me.. but when i joked i would baptize him my self hold him under till 3 good bubbles. we have always joked about that. when we worked together.. when he said you wouldn't be able do that at our church. i diont care if one is a Baptist wants be baptized by Pentecost. if there saved let them do it
appreciate the feed back

Hi crossnote;

I agree. The church should teach the membership about their doctrine, governance, inreach and outreach ministries and more.

We once had a member who was very outspoken about the way our church should be run and didn't have listening ears. After 4 years she never had a clue we are Southern Baptist. To the surprise of our church family she thought we were independent and when she left she didn't give any notice.

Giving glory to God for discernment, this is why the leadership didn't put her in charge of any ministry or leadership.

Hi crossnote;

I agree. The church should teach the membership about their doctrine, governance, inreach and outreach ministries and more.

We once had a member who was very outspoken about the way our church should be run and didn't have listening ears. After 4 years she never had a clue we are Southern Baptist. To the surprise of our church family she thought we were independent and when she left she didn't give any notice.

Giving glory to God for discernment, this is why the leadership didn't put her in charge of any ministry or leadership.
my buddy is independent Baptist fundamentalist's they or his church is very dogmatic i offered preach his son but because i am general Baptist
( is that a dirty word ) ? he wont come. . i listen to several southern Baptist preachers i like David Jeremiah rather well

my buddy is independent Baptist fundamentalist's they or his church is very dogmatic i offered preach his son but because i am general Baptist
( is that a dirty word ) ? he wont come. . i listen to several southern Baptist preachers i like David Jeremiah rather well

Hello forgiven;

Independent Baptist's autonomy does not belong to any affiliated denomination and was formed in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.

General Baptist go back to the mid 16th century and Southern Baptist originated back in the mid 19th century. Both of these churches have a longevity of good worship but like all denominations they have had their share of doctrinal problems.

I have attended the three Baptist church services. I was warmly greeted and the Pastors who preached are anointed.

lol! These are not dirty words, only what the doctrines of man have made of it.

There is a good text book titled, The Baptist Heritage, Four Centuries of Baptist Witness by H. Leon McBeth.

like all denominations they have had their share of doctrinal problems.
yes they do . like you i have been in all 3 plus a missionary baptist, i know a missionary Baptist minister that use to be well known in the local bar. walked in with his bible and just had a seat. never said a word. they say the party soon went silent. a true story. yes it is the anointing that destroys the yoke. not the denomination

2 questions where in the Bible does it say to join a church with membership . you have to be baptized into that church, even though one has been baptized ? next where does it say you must be part of a certain denom in order to baptize at said church.

i normally ignore such petty things after a conversation with a Christian buddy .be fore i hung up joking i said i hope you get saved. he joked said when we get a new pastor i will. then i said when they baptize you i will come up and do it.. he then said you cant in our church. yes all this was in fun.

but on a serious note i would like scripture to answer . to be honest your not going find scripture .

before the protect the pulpit comes up.. plz dont all i ask.
Much depends on what type of church, as being Baptist, we would require for membership completing membership class and having had a valid water baptism, which means was saved when dunked, so infant baptism not legit to us!

I was not only a member of an Assemblies of God church, but served as Deacon, Sunday school teacher, and youth group leader even though I never had never had an experience of Baptism in the Holy Spirit as they viewed it, nor did I speak in tongues or manifest any particular charismatic gifts. Either they saw something in me, or they were that desperate, not sure which.

You can be a member of The Church without being a member of a church. However, on a local level, it seems reasonable that a church would want some means of vetting potential participants, representatives, leaders, teachers, and voters to ensure the integrity of that church. If one cannot agree to the terms for membership of a given church, then they should look (prayerfully) for another church.
I had similar experience, save I spoke in tongues and prophesied so called, but left due to not seeing their second act of grace as in tongues in Bible, and have repented of using those "gifts" now!

Hello forgiven;

Independent Baptist's autonomy does not belong to any affiliated denomination and was formed in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.

General Baptist go back to the mid 16th century and Southern Baptist originated back in the mid 19th century. Both of these churches have a longevity of good worship but like all denominations they have had their share of doctrinal problems.

I have attended the three Baptist church services. I was warmly greeted and the Pastors who preached are anointed.

lol! These are not dirty words, only what the doctrines of man have made of it.

There is a good text book titled, The Baptist Heritage, Four Centuries of Baptist Witness by H. Leon McBeth.
ALL Baptists churches practice local autonomy, regardless if in a denomination!

Interesting to me that we require water baptism to join a local church, but none in order to join Universal Church, nor needed for communion!

Interesting to me that we require water baptism to join a local church, but none in order to join Universal Church, nor needed for communion!
I know of some churches that require water baptism, adherence to their creed and church membership if you are going to take communion, if that's what you mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back