Does God hate magic, or witchcraft?

For example, being a White Witch and seeking healing powers and practices by incantations and use of Gaia the Earth Mother Goddess. There is much in New Age that is of the occult. Greenies and other varieties of Earth worshippers go on about spiritual awareness drawing on popular ideas/practices from Buddhism and pagan beliefs. Occult practices are rife throughout the so called Age of Aquarius adherents and their crystal power beliefs. White magic is also pretty trendy.

Do you remember The old cartoon show The Smurfs was all about just that. Black magic being used to catch the little blue people and the WHITE magic of Papa Smurf to save them.

Both are wrong and both are evil and both cause deception.

Philosophy: The study of the fundamental nature of knowledge, reality, and existence, especially when considered as an academic discipline.

Reality is a perception. Though natural eyes, it's impossible to raise someone from the dead. Through God's eyes, this is no big deal.

Philosophy is almost the opposite of faith.

Faith is:

Hebrews 11:1 (KJV)
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.​

Faith is a substance. Faith is what makes the unseen visible. Faith is the currency of heaven on earth. Faith is reality.

You cannot study faith reality with the natural eyes (philosophy). Understand? :D
Faith is cool :) lol

My school doesn't have sports for middle school. Only high school. But my teacher told me that next year they might have some, and I want to join. It could be a good way to spread the word of Jesus.
No wonder there's an obesity problem in America!!!

Reactions: Juk
Philosophy: The study of the fundamental nature of knowledge, reality, and existence, especially when considered as an academic discipline.

Reality is a perception. Though natural eyes, it's impossible to raise someone from the dead. Through God's eyes, this is no big deal.

Philosophy is almost the opposite of faith.

Faith is:

Hebrews 11:1 (KJV)
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.​

Faith is a substance. Faith is what makes the unseen visible. Faith is the currency of heaven on earth. Faith is reality.

You cannot study faith reality with the natural eyes (philosophy). Understand? :D

Agreed! Many years ago in Dr. Magee's series of books, he said that philosophy was like a blind man trying to find a black cat in a room with no lights and that room painted black.

I watched a video recently about the stage magic that has been going on lately and it talked about how the new magicians have been tapping into demonic powers to achieve their great performances. Basically they sold their soul to the devil to get whatever power they seem to have. Was an interesting video and I do know all occult magic comes from satan and should never be tried or experimented with.

Last edited:
Sorry I been away but in answer to your question. Juk yes I was involved with magic before I was saved and thought it innocent at first.
It was stuff like reading horoscopes and also occult books and trying to figure out my future, and not knowing the true living God.
I was fascinated with witches and also read a lot of fairy tales and believed them. I was exposed to a lot of that when younger as didnt grow up in a christian family and never went to church so never had anything like Sunday School or anyone read the Bible to me. It wasnt till I was nearly 30 that I read the Holy Bible for myself, with God showing me what it all meant. I loved Jesus and had a quiet faith but I didnt know if it was all true or not until I really beleived and God showed me!

I had to chuck a lot of that occult stuff away and make sure I didnt read any of those boooks or magazines that witches put out, and stuff like meditation cds and crystals and other stuff associated with magic. I call it spiritual housekeeping. Then I needed to be filled with the Holy Spirit and sealed so no demons can come back in.

As for video games, tv and stuff like harry potter I am not interested in them anymore I got better things to do, like spending time with Jesus, reading his Word and fellowshipping with believers!

At first you might think it boring..but God has a plan for you..Hes thinking of you and also sends believers around you to help you along the way sometimes, like when Im bored I just go outside and walk around and look at the plants, or play with my pets, or if its rainy I read a good book (not an occult book) write letters to friends, or sing psalms and other songs to pass the time.

I like the Carpenters cos much if their music reminds me of what Jesus is like. And also its noisy amd loud like a lot of so called music is these days with crashing guitars and really bad drumming. But thats just me. you dont need to like them.

One of their songs is Close to You you might have heard it, it plays on oldies radio stations. also Sing.
And they also had a song called Bless the Beasts and the Children.

Sorry I been away but in answer to your question. Juk yes I was involved with magic before I was saved and thought it innocent at first.
It was stuff like reading horoscopes and also occult books and trying to figure out my future, and not knowing the true living God.
I was fascinated with witches and also read a lot of fairy tales and believed them. I was exposed to a lot of that when younger as didnt grow up in a christian family and never went to church so never had anything like Sunday School or anyone read the Bible to me. It wasnt till I was nearly 30 that I read the Holy Bible for myself, with God showing me what it all meant. I loved Jesus and had a quiet faith but I didnt know if it was all true or not until I really beleived and God showed me!
I used to be interested in that stuff, but I never believed in them. I grew out of it. Did you know that they do that type of stuff in schools as well?

What sort of stuff?
I know of some teachers who encourage their students to read horoscopes thinking its harmless. Depends on the teacher if they believe or not.

What sort of stuff?
I know of some teachers who encourage their students to read horoscopes thinking its harmless. Depends on the teacher if they believe or not.
My advice - give it a wide berth and stay away!

What sort of stuff?
Yeah. In third grade and fifth grade, (two different teachers) we did this thing where we would out what "animal" we were, because we were doing things on China's culture .

Couldn't help but laugh out loud when i saw reading horoscopes categorised under witch craft (no offence intended to anyone what so ever).. In some parts of Africa people still worship Idols and some of them need human parts to perform magic or human ritual sacrifices for a particular magic ,like healing or wealth, to be effective for them... so yes i will say GOD HATES WITCHCRAFT!!

Well it is divination. God doesnt like it.

A lot of it is lies and made up though, done for profit.
People worship idols everywhere, not just in africa. Theres also new age movement and some is even disguised as christian, so be wary. Satan can 'heal' too.

Back