Evangelism ¿ Say What

Funny how some folks make such a big deal about this word. They create such huge debates.

In All Truth it can be so very simple. Yep as simple as standing Strong and True unto the ways of God in this perverse world.

See then it is as a witness and this witness shall go forth even as evangelizing those around you.

Blessings
FCJ

Funny how some folks make such a big deal about this word. They create such huge debates.

In All Truth it can be so very simple. Yep as simple as standing Strong and True unto the ways of God in this perverse world.

See then it is as a witness and this witness shall go forth even as evangelizing those around you.

Blessings
FCJ
Hello Fish Catcher Jim,

You began the thread by inquiring concerning the word in question, so it must mean something to you too. If you ask a question then you must expect responses, some to your liking and others not. :)
----------------------

* Our lives give evidence to what we believe, in the choices we make and the way we live our lives. As believers in the Lord Jesus Christ our lives will reflect that, in the fruit that we bear. This is our witness, and it speaks louder than words.

'But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace,
longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
... Let us not be desirous of vain glory,
... provoking one another,
... envying one another.

(Gal 5:22)

'And this I pray,
that your love may abound yet more and more
in knowledge and in all judgment;
That ye may approve things that are excellent;
that ye may be sincere
and without offence till the day of Christ;
Being filled with the fruits of righteousness,
which are by Jesus Christ,
unto the glory and praise of God.

(Php 1:9)

'Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you?
let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.
... But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts,
... glory not, and lie not against the truth.
... This wisdom descendeth not from above,
... but is earthly, sensual, devilish.
... For where envying and strife is,
... there is confusion and every evil work.
But the wisdom that is from above is first pure,
then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated,
full of mercy and good fruits,
without partiality,
and without hypocrisy.
And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace
of them that make peace.'

(Jas 3:13)

'We give thanks to God and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
praying always for you,
Since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus,
and of the love which ye have to all the saints,
For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven,
whereof ye heard before
in the word of the truth of the gospel;
Which is come unto you, as it is in all the world;
and bringeth forth fruit, as it doth also in you,
since the day ye heard of it,
and knew the grace of God in truth:'

(Col 1:3-6)

With love in Christ Jesus
Our risen and glorified,
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris

Last edited:
You began the thread by inquiring concerning the word in question, so it must mean something to you too. If you ask a question then you must expect responses, some to your liking and others not. :)

Hi Chris,
I thought it would be a good thing to talk about all the different ways people see a way to Evangelize.

I did not even consider that born again Spirit Filled Believers would ever debate the authenticity of the word Evangelism.

Now as I was saying in the post you quoted.

Ones Witness can and should be as an Evangelizing tool or effort.

For This Example we will use the work place.

Now we know it is not always peaches and cream around the work place and workers tend to get attitudes and try to one up others and so forth.
We find foreman that get ugly and mean and play favorites and turn the work place into groups.

Now the unsaved will push and fight to get their way or what they feel is best for them.

Now here you are a born again Spirit filled believer stuck right in the middle of this mess.

Now you have choices to make. How will you conduct yourself amongst these folks.

Here is my Point Chris,
One can simply decide to Evangelize the work place and do it through Walking as God has said to in His Written Word.

You walk in Love and never hold a grudge or demand your so called rights. You forgive and endure.
You stay in Joy of the Lord at all times and always ready to help another even if they are behind those who persecute you and trip you up as far as work goes.

You pray before your meal and snacks and pull out your pocket NT bible and read through your lunch.

You bless others and pray for them and are always joyful and pleasant no matter what.

Then the questions start coming in.
Do you really believe all that Jesus stuff
And questions like.....I see you praying everyday. Do you think you could pray for my child or this or that.

This goes on and on.
Now God moves through you the worker and things happen and one would have to be pretty dumb to not see the Glory of God working, because God answers prayers and see's your efforts and walking upright before Him and ungodly men and moves through you.

Now things are beginning to change and men are getting saved and re dedicating their lives to Christ and taking it home to their families.

Now then, there was nothing more then a desire to share the Love of God in this dark world by a God Loving employee.

Evangelize is for every one and can be done through the simplest things.
God Bless
FCJ

What evangelism is..well for me it means spreading the Word to somone who hasnt heard it before and also...to see them saved and baptised. I think the baptism part is important, because many may spread the Word but it could fall on deaf ears or people could mentally assent but not actually put faith into action.

I dont know that I have been given the gift of evangelism but God has me more in the area of encouraging those who have heard to stay in the vine.
I do witness to those who are unsaved in my workplace. When I taught bibles in school we were not allowed to evangelise so I found that a bit hard to be teaching and sharing the bible but somehow avoiding talking about salvation, as we werent allowed to talk about hell (or sin) with the children. I think we could have mentioned heaven but the way the curricilim was set out was to teach them life values. There was also a lot of opposition to Bible in schools coming from athiests parents and teachers. Not from the children though! They loved it.

People have mentioned Billy Graham on here well he was before my time, but many people heard him and became christians when he preached however, I am afraid that, many people also heard him and believed they were saved when they put their hand up but they did not obey God by repenting and being baptised so there seemed to have been a lot of false conversions with his style of evangelism too.

I mean good they heard the gospel and had an taste I suppose but I am a bit iffy if someone says they became a christian just because they heard Billy Graham speak. I would be more inclined to know someone is a genuine believer if they tell me their testimony of how Jesus saved them from sin.

People have mentioned Billy Graham on here well he was before my time, but many people heard him and became christians when he preached however, I am afraid that, many people also heard him and believed they were saved when they put their hand up but they did not obey God by repenting and being baptised so there seemed to have been a lot of false conversions with his style of evangelism too.

I mean good they heard the gospel and had an taste I suppose but I am a bit iffy if someone says they became a christian just because they heard Billy Graham speak. I would be more inclined to know someone is a genuine believer if they tell me their testimony of how Jesus saved them from sin.

I do not believe we can judge the heart of someone else in how they were saved. That's Gods job, but I do understand what you are saying and what your concern is. I love Billy Graham and I really like his daughter, Anne Graham Lotz. She is fabulous and has great books and teachings.
I am probably old school in I still believe in going down front and getting saved. Churches today ask you to repent where you are and then aks everyone to pray with you. I do understand why they do this, but at the same time, I don't understand.

I remember when the HS would tell me to go down front for prayer and I would get hot all over and I would be like NO WAY... I AM NOT GOING DOWN FRONT IN FRONT OF ALL THESE PEOPLE. THEY WILL THINK I HAVE PROBLEMS... hhahaha That's just so funny how we think this way.
But there is something to taking that step and being obedient to the leading of the HS and seeking out prayer. My church has leaders stand at the front of the church at the very end and the preacher tells everyone, "if you need salvation and want to get right with God, please come down or if you need prayer for anything, healing, etc. please come down". I like this method far more.. but this is just me.

I don't mean going 'down the front' or stepping forward at the altar I mean actually obeying God and being baptised. I don't know if those evangelists ever follow up on that or tell people the importance of repenting and being baptised.

When John the baptist was preaching he would say repent and be baptised. When Jesus said to tell the gospel its so people can repent and be baptised. He never told his disciples 'just tell them to accept me'.

I understand initial resistance of even walking in front of people to admit you need Jesus but that wasn't how it was done in the Bible, and while it is done these days I think even from my own walk it leaves room for doubts -like am I doing this because someone's persuading me or under pressure? - once I repented and was baptised I had assurance from God I was in Christ. Not just water baptism but with the holy spirit and fire.

I also don't believe we can judge, but we can tell or discern whether people are in Christ or lukewarm or just not by their fruits. I think it will be quite obvious when His light starts shining.

I just know from experience that someone who 'makes a decision for Christ' at a rally could always change their mind. I had one lady who did that many years ago from Billy Graham and she kept being doubleminded in her faith even up to this day, it frustrated me no end and everyone around her because she would keep doing things not in faith and her walk was seriously hindered because she just did not have assurance. She thought she did but in many ways she did not. It was like she was still a babe in Christ even after 40 years. It seems to me she didn't repent of some sins but we need to surrender ALL if we are in Him. She's still holding on to something, like a grudge and isn't fully trusting Him.

I had to leave this with God of course because she wouldn't listen to me and had ways of avoiding or evading what was obvious to everyone else. He just always gives me Proverbs 16:2 when I encounter these people.

Hello Lanolin;

In 1997 I interviewed and was selected to serve as a counselor at the Billy Graham Crusade when they came to San Francisco. Our task was to sit with our groups / and lead counselor around the large arena. When those who came down during the altar call to receive the prayer of acceptance, my lead and I, while praying, the Holy Spirit would prompt me to approach up to 3 or 4 persons, with discernment, and uplift them to receive the invitation of Christ Jesus.

It wasn't for me to keep score on their intention. Some would not feel ready to make that commitment because it was their emotion well being that led them to come down to the altar call. Most others, however, were ready because they truly felt the Holy Spirit leading them to receive Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior. They would break into tears and others were numb or excited, "I can't believe I just got saved"!

Praise God!

My resonsibility was to contact them immediately following the crusade and just have a conversation with them and allow them to express how they felt. It was also important to listen to them. We continued to call and talk, or at times go out for a cup of coffee.

Many of these new believers went on to get discipled in their home churches, were raised to serve in ministry while others went on to further their education in ministry.

However, I tell you the truth. Many who got saved at these crusades, also struggled in their new relationship with Christ, reference the four soils in Matthew 13:1-23, Mark 4:1-20 and Luke 8:1-15

I personally went through the trials of the four soils and today, I still thank Jesus for contiuously carrying me through it all.

Others unfortunately, revealed their apostasy.

Evangelism is our sharing the Gospel through personal one on one, serving by Christ's example to others and public preaching, just to name a few.

I hope this helps regarding your posts, Lanolin.

God bless you always and your family.

Evangelism or to Evangelize
I was looking for examples of what can be considered as Evangelizing in your everyday life.
Blessings

Hi FC Jim;

Another example of Evangelizing in my everyday life is going to the business hubs in our community on a regular basis. I touch base with the manager or business owner - barber, restaurant, retail, bank, post office, etc...and let them know I care about them and their clients, and ask if I can pray for them. There will be some that are running their business and don't have time, but most others who appreciate prayer. As their time permits they are open to a "short sharing" of the Gospel but being sensitive to their time I pray for "time management". God gives me a sign when it's time to go.

Some will receive my invite to come to church or attend another church, and thats a positive result.

God bless you, Jim and your family.

Evangelism or to Evangelize
I was looking for examples of what can be considered as Evangelizing in your everyday life.
Blessings
Picking up trash when walking that I notice. Putting the grocery cart back in its rightful place. Keeping the speed limit. Allowing others to pass me by. Coming into work on time, working until time to leave. We are walking epistles and words aren't enough today.

Picking up trash when walking that I notice. Putting the grocery cart back in its rightful place. Keeping the speed limit. Allowing others to pass me by. Coming into work on time, working until time to leave. We are walking epistles and words aren't enough today.

Doing good things is only evangelism when those who notice your acts know that it is because of the Lord.

Goodness (at least in man's sight) is not the same thing as righteousness in G0d's sight.

If one could watch your good works and not know it is in obedience to the Lord, it could make the world think that man can create order in our own power.

Doing good things is only evangelism when those who notice your acts know that it is because of the Lord.

Goodness (at least in man's sight) is not the same thing as righteousness in G0d's sight.

If one could watch your good works and not know it is in obedience to the Lord, it could make the world think that man can create order in our own power.
I have to say you missed the whole point. Oh well.

Living the life of a committed Christian involves many aspects.

Evangelism is a specific aspect of the Christian life. It is all about doing as Christ commanded in Matthew 28:

Matthew 28:18-20 And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

Being a good citizen is certainly an aspect of the Christian life, and I would encourage all who call themselves by our Lord's name to be a credit to their community, and thus bring credit to our Lord.

But there are many non-Christians (Atheists, Muslims, Sikhs, Shintos) that are very good citizens. Unless one knows why a Christian exhibits good citizenship, a good citizen does no more to advance the name of Christ than is would advance any other worldview.

The salient thing about evangelism is that one that does not know Christ or knows Him only in a limited way, learns something about our Lord. It may be something in preparation for a future choice, or it may be something that builds up one that has already believed, becoming a more Christ-like believer.

Being a good citizen is still a good work and something that our Lord expects, -- just not evangelism.

Back