Explain Trinity

Explain Trinity

Hi All,

I have read the new testament already except the book of revelations (I stopped reading it because I'm having a hard time understanding it so I need references).

I'm kinda confused about Trinity. All throughout the new testament, Jesus addresses GOD as his Father.

Can somebody please explain to me and point me into the verses in the bible that explains this?

Thanks a lot in advance! :)

For my own understanding, I like to think of the trinity as three parts to the same whole. Basically, I look at them as Body, Mind, and Spirit, at least, in a simplistic way. It's good for visualizing, but it only really just hints at the wholeness of God. I've also seen some denominations consider them three "personalities" of the Godhead, but that one never felt quite right.

When God made man in His own image He said "let us make man in our own image "-
1Th 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
man is tripartate- spirit, soul and body- God is tripartate- and in His creation God willed it, the Word (Jesus) spoke it , and His Spirit empowered it- God is infinite and expresses and manifests Himself in three main ways - The Father- and His Son -Emanuel- God with us- He was the one described in John:
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
and in Hebrews:
Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
Heb 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
"Thy throne Ho Theos" here is the Father calling Jesus the most high God and still calling Himself His God
in Romans and Phillipians the Holy Spirit is refered to as the Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ:
Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
Phi 1:19 For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,

Deu 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: God is one, God is three, God is three in one

TLC the Hebrews were so in awe of God that they had a hard time trying to fathom Him - this is why they called Him the nine compund names of God- they used these names to describe His attributes because He is past our mental comprehension, however God can impart knowledge of Himself in our spirits and cause us to began to understand some of His majesty-
Eph 3:19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
this is spiritual impartation- to know what passes knowledge- here are the
nine compund names of God:
1.Genesis 22:14 Jehovah Jireh- the Lord will provide
2.Exodus 17:15 Jehovah Nissi- the Lord my banner
3.Judges 6:24 Jehovah Shalom- the Lord send peace
4.Ezekial 48:35 Jehovah Shammah- the Lord is there
5.Jeramiah 23:6 Jehovah Tsidkenu- the Lord our righteousness
6.Exodus 15:26 Jehovah Rophe- the Lord heals
7.Pslam 23:1 Jevovah Rohi- the Lord my sheppard
8.Exodus 31:3 Jehovah M'Kaddesh- the Lord who sanctifies
9.1st Samuel 15:12 Jehovah Saboath- the Lord of hosts
There are many other names for God in the scriptures- these people like you were struggling to grasp His greatness and come to some understanding of who God really was- this is sometHing ( as indicated in Eph 3:19 ) that can only be begun to be understood in the spirit- He is:
Exodus 3:14 -"ANIY HAYAH" I AM- I EXIST- literally THE SELF EXISTANT ETERNAL GOD!

As far as Revelations you will find as many interpetations as there are days of the month- but remember the title- it is " The Revelation of Jesus Christ"- it is not only phropetic but it is also loaded with wisdom as seen in God's letters to His church- some think each church addressed is a chuch age- some think you can find some of each type of church in operation today- I personally believe both to be true- and remember :
Rev 1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.
Blessed is he- heh count me in I am going to read anything God promises to bring blessings from- enjoy!

This may be overly simple, but I always liked the anology of the Trinity and water. Water, ice, and vapor are all distinct in their characteristics, but they are each still water at the same time. Chemically, they're identical, but appear differently to us depending on certain circumstances.

I think the Trinity is the same way. God the Father, Christ, and the Holy Spirit each are distinct, but they're all God at the same time...

Hmmm, not sure what base system that would work in, but in binary you could say:

1 ^ 1 ^ 1 = 1

Trinity.
A doctrine of man, the result of a reaction by the church to early pagan claims that Christianity is a religian of more than one God. The trinity doctrine is found in the early creeds, not in scripture.
It is man's way of explaining the relationship between the father ,the Son and the Holy Spirit.
(I believe) God presented himself to us in this manner for His purpose. The best thing to do is accept it as it is and gain from it what God has for us rather than waste time trying to explain or understand it.

In His name
Cliff

God is God.
Jesus is God.
The Holy Spirit is God.

Name it what you want, the word "trinity" is not in scripture but if you name it "trinity" that's fine to me, I'm not making an issue about it. Your salvation is not going to depend on it

It's a matter of if one believes the early creads are the inspired word of God or not. Because that is were the trinity doctrine comes from.
I'm not arguing the diety or relationship between the three. I never personaly had any need to.

What is perfectly clear is that ;
We have a creator,the father
We need and have a savour,Chist Jesus,the son of God
And we need and have a councelor and comforter ,the Holy Spirit
That is made clear in scripture.

The rest? Like Boanerges said: "you are entitled to your opinion"

and like Struick said: "Your salvation is not going to depend on it"

I find evidence of the Trinity all thru the sciptures- call it what you will, it seems God reveals all things in their time- and I agree with the fact our salvation is not based on this subject and as brothers we certainly don't need to agree on every detail-

God bless you both.
Jesus bless you both.
The Holy Spirit will bless you both.
And I bless you both!

:jesus-cross:

I can't explain the trinity - it's a divine mystery. It is a picture of a God of love and intimacy. When you hear the term, "God is love", I think the trinity is how this is possible. 3 persons that are one. It's like God was never alone before He created the universe; He has always been in communion with Himself- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We all see a glimpse of this in how Christ communicated with His Father and related to Him. In order for God to be love, it's as if He has to have someone to love - hence the trinity. When my mind tries to grasp what the trinity is; it shuts down. I don't think the finite mind can completely understand it. But we all have an invitation to be a part of this divine love.

Nice post Gibby- the first clue is "let us make man in our own image" and it goes on from there. Although we can never fully grasp any aspect of God with our human minds we can receive revelation in the spirit- thats the "to know the love of God which passes all understanding part"- it is so cool- the more you see of God the more you began to know that there is no end to Him, His goodness and His glory!

Nice post Gibby- the first clue is "let us make man in our own image" and it goes on from there.

The old testament is littered with references to the trinity....it is truly mind blowing....I tried to get a thread started a while back for people to see how many instances in the Old Testament...that the trinity is alluded to, but nobody would help....I've got alot if you ever want them...

Back