Feasts

I've never learned much about these. I know Yeshua fulfilled the 1st 4 and will fulfill the last 4. How does one observe these feasts? Hoping people will help me learn.

I believe there are only 7 biblical feasts. It's a great study. They speak of Jesus as shadows of things He'd accomplish.

I believe He fulfilled:

Tabernacles with His birth
Passover with His death
Unleavened Bread with His burial
First Fruits with His resurrection
Pentecost when He gave the Law and the Spirit

We wait for His return on Feast of Trumpets (rapture too?)
Starting His reign on the Day of Atonement

Google Perry Stone and see if you find something. It'll be worth it.

I'd like to do a study on the feasts and how and when to observe them. I have never celebrated (right word?) any of them and would like to know how. As soon as I finish How to Unravel End Times Prophecy (Pt 1 & 2) I will search for feasts and Perry Stone. Thanks. I meant 7 in my opening post not 8. (Maybe?)

I don't know that Christians "celebrate" any feasts per se. Messianic Jews do, and I guess the Pentecostals do too...at least Pentecost :p

Word search on feasts...even to the new testament. I believe this is part of Yehovah's calendar:

Lev_23:2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts.
Lev_23:4 These are the feasts of the LORD, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons.
Lev_23:37 These are the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, to offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD, a burnt offering, and a meat offering, a sacrifice, and drink offerings, every thing upon his day:
Lev_23:44 And Moses declared unto the children of Israel the feasts of the LORD.
Num_15:3 And will make an offering by fire unto the LORD, a burnt offering, or a sacrifice in performing a vow, or in a freewill offering, or in your solemn feasts, to make a sweet savour unto the LORD, of the herd, or of the flock:
Num_29:39 These things ye shall do unto the LORD in your set feasts, beside your vows, and your freewill offerings, for your burnt offerings, and for your meat offerings, and for your drink offerings, and for your peace offerings.
1Ch_23:31 And to offer all burnt sacrifices unto the LORD in the sabbaths, in the new moons, and on the set feasts, by number, according to the order commanded unto them, continually before the LORD:
2Ch_2:4 Behold, I build an house to the name of the LORD my God, to dedicate it to him, and to burn before him sweet incense, and for the continual shewbread, and for the burnt offerings morning and evening, on the sabbaths, and on the new moons, and on the solemn feasts of the LORD our God. This is an ordinance for ever to Israel.
2Ch_8:13 Even after a certain rate every day, offering according to the commandment of Moses, on the sabbaths, and on the new moons, and on the solemn feasts, three times in the year, even in the feast of unleavened bread, and in the feast of weeks, and in the feast of tabernacles.
2Ch_31:3 He appointed also the king's portion of his substance for the burnt offerings, to wit, for the morning and evening burnt offerings, and the burnt offerings for the sabbaths, and for the new moons, and for the set feasts, as it is written in the law of the LORD.
Ezr_3:5 And afterward offered the continual burnt offering, both of the new moons, and of all the set feasts of the LORD that were consecrated, and of every one that willingly offered a freewill offering unto the LORD.
Neh_10:33 For the shewbread, and for the continual meat offering, and for the continual burnt offering, of the sabbaths, of the new moons, for the set feasts, and for the holy things, and for the sin offerings to make an atonement for Israel, and for all the work of the house of our God.
Psa_35:16 With hypocritical mockers in feasts, they gnashed upon me with their teeth.
Isa_1:14 Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.
Isa_5:12 And the harp, and the viol, the tabret, and pipe, and wine, are in their feasts: but they regard not the work of the LORD, neither consider the operation of his hands.
Jer_51:39 In their heat I will make their feasts, and I will make them drunken, that they may rejoice, and sleep a perpetual sleep, and not wake, saith the LORD.
Lam_1:4 The ways of Zion do mourn, because none come to the solemn feasts: all her gates are desolate: her priests sigh, her virgins are afflicted, and she is in bitterness.
Lam_2:6 And he hath violently taken away his tabernacle, as if it were of a garden: he hath destroyed his places of the assembly: the LORD hath caused the solemn feasts and sabbaths to be forgotten in Zion, and hath despised in the indignation of his anger the king and the priest.
Eze_36:38 As the holy flock, as the flock of Jerusalem in her solemn feasts; so shall the waste cities be filled with flocks of men: and they shall know that I am the LORD.
Eze_45:17 And it shall be the prince's part to give burnt offerings, and meat offerings, and drink offerings, in the feasts, and in the new moons, and in the sabbaths, in all solemnities of the house of Israel: he shall prepare the sin offering, and the meat offering, and the burnt offering, and the peace offerings, to make reconciliation for the house of Israel.
Eze_46:9 But when the people of the land shall come before the LORD in the solemn feasts, he that entereth in by the way of the north gate to worship shall go out by the way of the south gate; and he that entereth by the way of the south gate shall go forth by the way of the north gate: he shall not return by the way of the gate whereby he came in, but shall go forth over against it.
Eze_46:11 And in the feasts and in the solemnities the meat offering shall be an ephah to a bullock, and an ephah to a ram, and to the lambs as he is able to give, and an hin of oil to an ephah.
Hos_2:11 I will also cause all her mirth to cease, her feast days, her new moons, and her sabbaths, and all her solemn feasts.
Amo_8:10 And I will turn your feasts into mourning, and all your songs into lamentation; and I will bring up sackcloth upon all loins, and baldness upon every head; and I will make it as the mourning of an only son, and the end thereof as a bitter day.
Nah_1:15 Behold upon the mountains the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace! O Judah, keep thy solemn feasts, perform thy vows: for the wicked shall no more pass through thee; he is utterly cut off.
Zec_8:19 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; The fast of the fourth month, and the fast of the fifth, and the fast of the seventh, and the fast of the tenth, shall be to the house of Judah joy and gladness, and cheerful feasts; therefore love the truth and peace.
Mal_2:3 Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces, even the dung of your solemn feasts; and one shall take you away with it.
Mat_23:6 And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues,
Mar_12:39 And the chief seats in the synagogues, and the uppermost rooms at feasts:
Luk_20:46 Beware of the scribes, which desire to walk in long robes, and love greetings in the markets, and the highest seats in the synagogues, and the chief rooms at feasts;
Jud_1:12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;

31 verses found, 32 matches

Leviticus 4 verses found 5 matches
Numbers 2 verses found 2 matches
1 Chronicles 1 verse found 1 match
2 Chronicles 3 verses found 3 matches
Ezra 1 verse found 1 match
Nehemiah 1 verse found 1 match
Psalms 1 verse found 1 match
Isaiah 2 verses found 2 matches
Jeremiah 1 verse found 1 match

Well, I liked Mr By the Fireside for his 1st (Mazzaroth) and 2nd video but the 3rd has no rapture and starts the tribulation in 2011. Obviously, I think his timeline is way off but I don't see his error other than picking and emphasizing the wrong dates and wrongly applying or ignoring other scriptures. In any event, I think he is right about the feasts being a part of God's calendar. And he clarifies for me how you can't know the date within 48 hrs.

A book I found very helpful on this subject is G.C. Willis's 'The Seven Feasts of Jehovah'. The full text is available online at STEM Publishing:

http://www.stempublishing.com/authors/GC_Willis/GCW_Feasts.html

The helpful chart is available in an updated format online from Bible Truth Publishers:

https://bibletruthpublishers.com/ProductData/3/3762/3762-Sample.pdf

Or, if you're like me and you prefer a physical book in your hands, it's available here:

http://bibletruthpublishers.com/the-seven-feasts-of-Jehovah-paperback/g-christopher-willis/pd1283

If you're UK-based, I'm not sure where a physical copy can be obtained - I got my copy as a birthday present from my sister. I expect she ordered it from the States.

A book I found very helpful on this subject is G.C. Willis's 'The Seven Feasts of Jehovah'. The full text is available online at STEM Publishing:

http://www.stempublishing.com/authors/GC_Willis/GCW_Feasts.html

The helpful chart is available in an updated format online from Bible Truth Publishers:

https://bibletruthpublishers.com/ProductData/3/3762/3762-Sample.pdf

Or, if you're like me and you prefer a physical book in your hands, it's available here:

http://bibletruthpublishers.com/the-seven-feasts-of-Jehovah-paperback/g-christopher-willis/pd1283

If you're UK-based, I'm not sure where a physical copy can be obtained - I got my copy as a birthday present from my sister. I expect she ordered it from the States.

I like free :) (y). I particularly liked that you could save the chart to file (or print it out).

I don't know that Christians "celebrate" any feasts per se. Messianic Jews do, and I guess the Pentecostals do too...at least Pentecost :p
There are a few.
The Eastern Orthodox have 12 major feasts:
  1. September 8, the Nativity of the Theotokos
  2. September 14, the Exaltation of the Cross
  3. November 21, the Presentation of the Theotokos
  4. December 25, the Nativity of Christ/Christmas
  5. January 6, the Baptism of Christ — Theophany, also called Epiphany
  6. February 2, the Presentation of Jesus at the Temple
  7. March 25, the Annunciation
  8. The Sunday before Pascha (Easter) — the Entry into Jerusalem or Flowery/Willow/Palm Sunday
  9. Forty Days after Pascha (Easter) — the Ascension of Christ
  10. Fifty Days after Pascha (Easter) — Pentecost
  11. August 6, the Transfiguration
  12. August 15, the Dormition (Falling Asleep) of the Theotokos

The RCC Calendar is a bit more complicated, but we do have feast days.
Movable Feasts (Those That Do Not Fall on the Same Date Each Year):
Here's part of January as an example
January:

Wow, @Glomung - a lot of work there. Are there differing ways to celebrate these feasts?
Among the Orthodox, the particular feasts are usually held at the church after the liturgy. I have gone to some Paschal feasts that were held at the home of one of the well-to-do parishioners which had close to 200+ people show up (essentially the entire church). In general major feasts are more formal church affairs, where minor ones are usually at home or among friends. Feasts for particular saints are largely personal affairs for those who the saint means something special (for example my Patron Saint is the Prophet Elijah).
A large part of the point for feasts is to foster church unity, so the liturgical calendar for Catholics and Orthodox is rather busy (have fun, keep fed, and keep us busy with things that keep us out of trouble). The Church always intended to be the center of Christian life.
From the net:
A saint’s feast day can be the day of their actual death or a day assigned by the Church. Typically, the Church only assigns a day when the day of death is unknown or if several other saints are already assigned to that day. The number of canonized saints, however, is greater than the number of days in a calendar year. So two or more saints often share the same feast day. Because overlap often occurs, and the Church isn’t sure of the date of death of some saints, other calendar dates are sometimes chosen — such as the day that the saint was canonized.
Some saints’ feasts are only celebrated in the particular saint’s town or country. Others are internationally celebrated.
For example, St. Patrick’s Day, March 17, is celebrated in Ireland, because St. Patrick is the patron saint of the entire nation. St. Patrick’s Day is also celebrated in many areas of the United States due to the Irish immigrants who crossed the Atlantic. Many U.S. dioceses have cathedrals dedicated to St. Patrick, or he’s the patron saint of the diocese. Celebrating the Feast of St. Patrick is a big occasion and a solemnity, a full-blown liturgical feast, in such places. In other places, such as Italy, Spain, France, Poland, and Germany, St. Patrick’s feast day isn’t celebrated with the same fanfare.

Mazzaroth guy says in his 2nd video "My friends do my will." "These are my feasts (appointed times). You shall keep them as an everlasting covenant." I confess, I can't find this in scripture?

Exodus 12:14
Now this day will be a memorial to you, and you shall celebrate it as a feast to the LORD; throughout your generations you are to celebrate it as a permanent ordinance. 15'Seven days you shall eat unleavened bread, but on the first day you shall remove leaven from your houses;

I knew the one for Passover but I guess I was looking for all 7 feasts being part of an eternal covenant. In this case we've all blown it.

There are a few.
The Eastern Orthodox have 12 major feasts:
  1. September 8, the Nativity of the Theotokos
  2. September 14, the Exaltation of the Cross
  3. November 21, the Presentation of the Theotokos
  4. December 25, the Nativity of Christ/Christmas
  5. January 6, the Baptism of Christ — Theophany, also called Epiphany
  6. February 2, the Presentation of Jesus at the Temple
  7. March 25, the Annunciation
  8. The Sunday before Pascha (Easter) — the Entry into Jerusalem or Flowery/Willow/Palm Sunday
  9. Forty Days after Pascha (Easter) — the Ascension of Christ
  10. Fifty Days after Pascha (Easter) — Pentecost
  11. August 6, the Transfiguration
  12. August 15, the Dormition (Falling Asleep) of the Theotokos

The RCC Calendar is a bit more complicated, but we do have feast days.
Movable Feasts (Those That Do Not Fall on the Same Date Each Year):

Here's part of January as an example
January:

I'm referring to His feasts...biblical feasts

Back