Five Things To Be Grateful For Today:

Just thinking, because of Scripture Bird's final answer, "life" above:
  1. Thankful I was not killed in St. Louis when a speeding (or, at least, it seemed like it was speeding to me) city bus missed my toes by about an inch (no kidding) as I was crossing Gravois Avenue there. I was not ready to die.
  2. Although my first husband was killed, he had asked me to go with him on the flight but I did not because of our 5- & 2-yr-olds, so we lived; he asked his brother and family to go, but while they said yes, they backed out and lived; he asked a couple guys he worked with to go, but they backed out at the last minutes and lived; it ended up only two in that plane. Two really wonderful men, but it was their time, I guess.
  3. My life after he was gone and how G-d has both led and molded our ways and our lives.
  4. My life with my "new" husband of 27 years.
  5. How my "new" husband has grown to be who I thought I was marrying and beyond by leaps and bounds.
Oh, how good G-d is! How incredibly gracious!

1. The miscarriage wasn't too physically painful,
2. An increased credit card limit,
3. More information and same blood type of new donor,
4. Compliments on my job performance; and
5. A stray kitten who wants to come in my house to live with me.

Oh, no, Tomeka....
My faith has been tested. I wrote a post about it. One of the replies were from a guy asking was I saved. Was hoping that a female like yourself would reply. But there was none. I've already dealt with the person who questioned my salvation. And I hope you don't harbour the same beliefs on outward signs of salvation. God bless you that you're married with kids. I hope you're not looking down at other women who are single and childless. I've experienced things worse than a miscarriage in my life; and have bounced back to thank God for being alive, giving me the things that I do have, and for Jesus dying for my sins so I don't have to burn in hell when I die. Please don't derail this train with a pity party because I'm not looking for it.

Five Things I'm Grateful For Today:
1. Being alive,
2. God forgiving the worst sinner like me,
3. Jesus dying on the cross for my sins,
4. Having a roof over my head; and
5. Having five cats who love and depend on me.

I hoped, when I wrote the post above, that you would come back and explain something, but I did not want to ask you to do that. However, I can't imagine a reason to look down on those who are not married and/or do not have children. That's life -- some people choose that and some are given it. We were not going to have children, because I was not sure I could be a good mother, but G-d had other plans for us. I will, however, comply with your request. :) I pray that you will succeed in the L-rd in every effort and desire. Bless you, Tomeka.

1. Thankful for Tomeka's desire and intent to rise above what life has given her.
2. Thankful that our G-d is always there to help us.
3. Thankful for the small things that we often don't think about, yet they are so precious and needed: the ability to get up every morning, that food does it work in our miraculous bodies, that we have the Bible and people to help guide us, for sleep, for smiles, for the twinkle in the eyes of a stranger.
4. Thankful for salvation.
5. Thankful that we, too, can give others gifts like a kind word and a smile.

[ /QUOTE="tomeka.ridley, post: 365887, member: 13991"]My faith has been tested. I wrote a post about it. One of the replies were from a guy asking was I saved. Was hoping that a female like yourself would reply. But there was none. I've already dealt with the person who questioned my salvation. And I hope you don't harbour the same beliefs on outward signs of salvation. God bless you that you're married with kids. I hope you're not looking down at other women who are single and childless. I've experienced things worse than a miscarriage in my life; and have bounced back to thank God for being alive, giving me the things that I do have, and for Jesus dying for my sins so I don't have to burn in hell when I die. Please don't derail this train with a pity party because I'm not looking for it.[/QUOTE]

Im sorry but..that was a tad harsh. Tezrli is really nice member, I'm sure wasn't trying to throw a pity party for you, just empathize I'm sure.

Last edited:
Five Things I'm Grateful For Today:
1. Being alive,
2. God forgiving the worst sinner like me,
3. Jesus dying on the cross for my sins,
4. Having a roof over my head; and
5. Having five cats who love and depend on me.

Yup, all this esp being alive after watching the movie if i stay..just shows anything can happen to anyone and you lnever know when you're gonna go. But I change #5 to my brothers since I don't have cats...unfortunately. :)

Back