Flesh and Bones

Do you not remember that while Jesus is the Son ,and the Father is the Father and the Holy Spirit is the same.
That there is but ONE God.
The subject of the Trinity of God is not to be entered into in reply to such a subject/argument .
But all that Jesus WAS the Holy Spirit IS .
All the Father IS the Holy Spirit IS .
The Holy Spirit is not a power , a force, or even a principle .He is a person who is GOD .
He is the Spirit of Christ .
Jesus is the "EXPRESS IMAGE of the invisible God"
We see the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ .
Jesus is the wisdom of God personified .
The grace of God personified .
Never the less it was not the Son that doeth the work but the Father who was IN him that "doeth the work"
Even as the Holy Spirit was IN Him so in the measure given is he IN every true believer.
"show us the father " said one .
Have I been with you so long that you kn ow not me" was the answer.
Know ye not that I am in the father and the father is in me?
Know ye not the Lord says "Behold I stand at the door and knock and if any man has ears to hear and opens the door ;then the Father and the Son will come and sup with him"

in Christ
gerald

Brother, it still does not make Jesus to be the Holy Spirit. Was Jesus anointed with himself? Was Jesus filled with himself? Did Jesus anoint himself? The answer is no!! The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit all share the same nature as God, but each one is separate from each other but one God. No one can call Jesus Christ the Holy Spirit, anymore than anyone can call the Father Jesus Christ. Are we ever to ask the Father in the name of the Holy Spirit, or are we to ask Jesus in the name of the Father for anything? You can try but you will never get anything, because the name of Jesus Christ alone is the only name that will cause us to receive anything. Why do you suppose that is?

Brother, it still does not make Jesus to be the Holy Spirit. Was Jesus anointed with himself? Was Jesus filled with himself? Did Jesus anoint himself? The answer is no!! The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit all share the same nature as God, but each one is separate from each other but one God. No one can call Jesus Christ the Holy Spirit, anymore than anyone can call the Father Jesus Christ. Are we ever to ask the Father in the name of the Holy Spirit, or are we to ask Jesus in the name of the Father for anything? You can try but you will never get anything, because the name of Jesus Christ alone is the only name that will cause us to receive anything. Why do you suppose that is?

I was simply replying to the logic of yur own argument .which was that both the Holy Spirit AND Jesus are In you.
On the one hand you say he rose bodily "flesh ans bone" yet you say he that is after the flesh is in you also .but somehow contrive to say he has not flesh ans bone!
I understand your predicament .
For it si Christ In you the hope of glory.
But Christ means annointed..
Jesus is God.
The Father is God
and the Holy Spirit is God .
and you cannot know the father save through the Son.
and you cannot know the Son save by the Father .
and you cannot know God at all save by the Holy Spirit.

It is expedient that I go away fro if I do not the Holy Spirit will not come .
But if I go away then the Holy Spirit will come who is another comforter.
and he will not only be UPON you (as in the Old Testament)but shall be IN you . and he will abide in you forever .
"I will never leave you or forsake you " said the Lord.

in Christ
gerald

The ONLY time the Son was 'separated ' from the Father was on calvary . "when He who knew no sin became sin ..."
For he was separated from the Father so that we might be "reconciled by his death"
"That they might be one even as we are one" John 17.

If you search the scriptures as to WHO raised Jesus from the dead.
You will find that 'the father raised him from the dead.
That he had power to lay down his life and power to pick it up again.
and" if the same Spirit that raised up Jesus from the dead................"

The Trinity of God is for another post and really not for the open market for we are touching on the most Holy things .
So I will stop there .
and if willing the Holy Spirit will lead you into all truth on this subject.

in Christ
gerald

On the one hand you say he rose bodily "flesh ans bone" yet you say he that is after the flesh is in you also .but somehow contrive to say he has not flesh ans bone!

Sister Complete understands what I have been saying this whole time, but she does not believe it for what ever reason, and I can not help her there.
Jesus right this minute does NOT have a flesh and bone body. He arose from the dead with a flesh and bone body (physical body) so he could prove to all his followers that he had risen from the dead, and for 40 days showed himself to many. The Bible says our body's are buried a physical (natural) body, and it is raised a spiritual body. Jesus said that a "spirit" does not have flesh and bone as he had when he was showing himself to his disciples, but that was NOT his spiritual body he would have when he would raise to his Father for Jesus had NOT ascended to his Father yet until he was taken away in a cloud before his followers. There is no way a flesh and bone body can live inside another flesh, bone, and blood person. Only a person who has a spiritual body can. As it is written the first Adam was made a living soul, the last Adam (Jesus Christ) was made a life giving Spirit. When the Bible says Jesus Christ is in you (2 Cor 13:5) it is NOT referring to the Holy Spirit even though he (Holy Spirit) to is apart of the Godhead. The exact same person who walked on planet earth 2 thousand years ago is now living inside his Church, foe we are his body!!

If you search the scriptures as to WHO raised Jesus from the dead.
You will find that 'the father raised him from the dead.

The Godhead work together. Salvation was accomplish by the Godhead. Jesus Christ (the Word of God), the Father dwelling inside him reconciling the world unto himself, and the Holy Spirits anointing, and guidance. It was not just the Father who raised up from the dead Jesus, but also the Son of God would do likewise. (John 2:19) Never ever mix the names of the Godhead up. The Father only refers to the Father, and the Son of God is only Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit is only the Holy Spirit.

Sister Complete understands what I have been saying this whole time, but she does not believe it for what ever reason, and I can not help her there.
Jesus right this minute does NOT have a flesh and bone body. He arose from the dead with a flesh and bone body (physical body) so he could prove to all his followers that he had risen from the dead, and for 40 days showed himself to many. The Bible says our body's are buried a physical (natural) body, and it is raised a spiritual body. Jesus said that a "spirit" does not have flesh and bone as he had when he was showing himself to his disciples, but that was NOT his spiritual body he would have when he would raise to his Father for Jesus had NOT ascended to his Father yet until he was taken away in a cloud before his followers. There is no way a flesh and bone body can live inside another flesh, bone, and blood person. Only a person who has a spiritual body can. As it is written the first Adam was made a living soul, the last Adam (Jesus Christ) was made a life giving Spirit. When the Bible says Jesus Christ is in you (2 Cor 13:5) it is NOT referring to the Holy Spirit even though he (Holy Spirit) to is apart of the Godhead. The exact same person who walked on planet earth 2 thousand years ago is now living inside his Church, foe we are his body!!

The SAME body that was buried was raised from the dead.
Jesus said I am not a ghost or spirit i am flesh and bone.

That same body was able to go through locked doors travel instantly or unseen from one place to another .Even as Andrew was so moved by the Holy Spirit from the Etheopian Eunoch .
Pray tell this SAME Jesus who you have seen go will come IN LIKE MANNER of flesh and bone.
The SAME Jesus sits on the right hand side of the majesty on high .
You suggest somewhere after the ascencion this physical body disapears!?
Im afraid not .

It is not for me to argue the case but for you to prove your case by scripture .This you have not done .Only argues on the foundation of your own perceptiosn and r easoning that does not take into account all the other scrripture that contradicts it.

The Godhead work together. Salvation was accomplish by the Godhead. Jesus Christ (the Word of God), the Father dwelling inside him reconciling the world unto himself, and the Holy Spirits anointing, and guidance. It was not just the Father who raised up from the dead Jesus, but also the Son of God would do likewise. (John 2:19) Never ever mix the names of the Godhead up. The Father only refers to the Father, and the Son of God is only Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit is only the Holy Spirit.

Tell me when He said the father who is IN me he doeth the work how would you explain it?
and when one said "show us the Father " the Lord replied to him "have I been with you so long that you know not me"?
Then you need to consider what he said after that .
and then put what you have said above and reconcile them with scripture.

in Christ
gerald

Tell me when He said the father who is IN me he doeth the work how would you explain it?
and when one said "show us the Father " the Lord replied to him "have I been with you so long that you know not me"?
Then you need to consider what he said after that .
and then put what you have said above and reconcile them with scripture.

in Christ
gerald
Brother there is nothing to explain if you knew how God is!!!
This is the first thing you should have learned as a Christian. God is Father , Son, and Holy Spirit. God has a body which is his Word, that became flesh. Dwelling within that body (Jesus Christ) lives, and dwells all the fullness of the God head BODILY!!!!.

Col 2:8.. Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
Col 2:9.. For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

In "him who" lives all the fullness of the Godhead BODILY???? Jesus Christ!!! God is a Spirit he does not have a flesh, and bone body!!!!

This is basic Christianity 101

You suggest somewhere after the ascencion this physical body disapears!?
Im afraid not .
I am surprised that you do not understand this. Flesh, and blood can not inherit the Kingdom of God, neither can flesh, and bone!!!!

1Co 15:50.. What I am saying, dear brothers and sisters, is that our physical bodies cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. These dying bodies cannot inherit what will last forever. (NLT)

Is Jesus in the Kingdom of God?

1Co 15:44.. It is sown a natural (physical) body; it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.

Hi @CCW95A,

Re. 1 Cor 15:44,

Yes, but a body none the less. Not a spirit. A body that is spiritual.

The present body is 'natural'; the future resurrection body is 'spiritual'. The word 'natural' is 'psuchikos', allied to 'psuche' ''soul'. It is the 'flesh and blood' body that is dominated by the five senses and as such, cannot inherit the kingdom of God (v.50). It could not exist in the future spheres of glory, being totally inadequate and imperfect for such conditions. But the resurrection body, animated by the Spirit of God, will give complete equipment and be all-sufficient.

Resurrection is not just the re-animation of corpses. It is however completely dependent on Christ's resurrection; but even so each retains its own individuality and receives a spiritual body suited to the sphere of glory that God has willed each to have in His redemptive purpose.

Praise God!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Foolish one, what you sow is not made alive unless it dies. And what you sow, you do not sow that body that shall be, but mere grain—perhaps wheat or some other grain. But God gives it a body as He pleases, and to each seed its own body. So also is the resurrection of the dead. The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption. It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and as is the heavenly Man, so also are those who are heavenly. And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly Man.
I Corinthians 15:36-38, 42, 44-44, 48-49 NKJV
Reading all of chapter15 shows we definitely have some kind of body of heavenly glory. We will be in the image of Jesus. His body appeared as flesh and bone to the disciples. Whatever the actual material and substrate His body was and is composed of still can be called flesh and bone for our purposes since it appears as such. We do know that it can morph between solid and spirit.

I am surprised that you do not understand this. Flesh, and blood can not inherit the Kingdom of God, neither can flesh, and bone!!!!

1Co 15:50.. What I am saying, dear brothers and sisters, is that our physical bodies cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. These dying bodies cannot inherit what will last forever. (NLT)

Is Jesus in the Kingdom of God?

1Co 15:44.. It is sown a natural (physical) body; it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.

It is you that has to reconcile the FACT that Jesus had a body of "flesh and bone" has a body of flesh and will continue to do so even to the standing on the mount of Olives one day this same Jesus you have seen go up will come again. in the same body.
For he is the same yesterday today and forever .
I have no problems at all with the Trinity of God and but my concept such as it is endevours to include "all scripture" that pertains to the subject directly and idirectly.

But I have said enough on the subject and I am not obliged to resolve your difilculties which i have pointed out .Though I have given you some pointers.

in Christ
gerald

I have said enough on the subject and I am not obliged to resolve your difilculties
I have no "difficulties" in any way brother in what I believe, and know. It is you who is having difficulties in reconciling the scriptures together.
I am sure (fully persuaded) one day these things will become evident to you as you grow in the Lord, and the power of his strength.

'Let the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight,
O God, my strength, and my Redeemer'.

-------------

Hello there,

Thankfully, none of our reasoning can alter the fact that the Lord Jesus Christ has risen from the dead, and ascended back into the realm far above all heavens to God's right hand.

How silly we are to argue about these things, instead of rejoicing with one another for the wondrous grace that has secured us, in Him, by His promisory Spirit, to that same place. That in Christ we are as near to God as He.

In His presence is fulness of joy, and that is our portion, so let us now cease and let God in Christ increase, that His name be praised, and live, looking for the day when that promise will be fully realised, and we are with Him for ever.

Praise His Holy Name!

In Christ Jesus
Our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head
Chris

Last edited:

It is impossible with the space provided and the time available to explain everything and put in everything .
I answer a specific point and trust God and a spiritually minded person to understand what cannot be said .
But who know enough of scripture to catch ort understand the point I am making in that 'answer'.

The Holy Spirit IS God .
He is all that Jesus WAS and speaks of all that is HIS.

Jesus is God .

The Father is God .

Jesus said I have power to lay down my life and power to take it up again.

That givcs some measure of understanding of the Son.
"If the same SPIRIT that raised up Jesus from the dead ..........." Shows also the working of the Holy Spirit .

Etc.

I will not discuss the Trinity of God in the 'market ' place.

Surfice to say that those who deny that the one who sitteth on the right hand side of the majesty on high has not a body of flesh and bone , Denies scripture .and Him who sitteth in His fathers throne.
If it is insisted then it si for them to answer where then now His body? THAT body which was His that was crucified buried and rose from the dead?
and if it was said it was purely a manifestation and not flesh and bone then that too is a denial of the truth.
and also thye very fact that Jesus was seekign to prove .

You might also add that if he was NOT risen from the dead BODILY . Nor then shall we be and our faith is most miserable.
But this body has been redeemed and is the purchased possesion " ready to be revealed "
and while I am indeed by the grace of God been baptised into that BODY that is called the Church by the Holy Spirit .
I nevertheless have also a body and will have but one that is transformed and corruption shall put on incorruption and the mortal shall put on immortality .
Jesus then has a BODY also that is His for the person of Jesus who lived and walked this earth in the likeness of sinful flesh was given a body ,"a body hast thou prepared for me"
If you deny that you deny the resurection also as also his death,
How then you reconcile the fact of his body which is the church and HIS body of flesh and bone is another matter entirely that is njot reconciled by denying the truth of either fact.

But as I have said before ALL CONTRADICTIONS and PARADOXES are reconciled perfectly IN Christ. Never outside .

In Christ
gerald

Back