For those who were envoved in the Occult

Galatians 5:16-21 (King James Version)

16This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
17For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
18But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

19Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. :groupray::shepherd:

Revelation 21:8 (King James Version)

8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Revelation 22:14-15 (King James Version)

14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.:groupray::shepherd:

If anyone would like to see the Old Testament Verses, I will included them later...

:)
This 1 paper was the only one I was given, so far as I understand it II is the solution as I mentioned in an earlier Post >

The second part "The Door must be closed by You" through Faith and Positive action,............

I would think means as the Holy Spirit leads you to be convicted, repentence, close up any activities you are now or have done after your Salvation... The Truth Will set all of us free... AN if you cannot see the Father, Christ, or the Holy Spirit involved or approving then consider...

Here are the Biblical references in King James... to save yall some time:

Exodus 22:18 (King James Version)

18Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

Remember folks this was a different time and for a different people...

by the way I did a search on Feedom from Bondages and the Occult and there is help out there for further study for those who need more...:groupray:
See, this is the source of the doubt I'm experiencing. Your quote from the Bible states that we should not tolerate witches and in fact we should put them to death. But then you say that the passage is intended for people of a different time and culture. How do we decide what to take literally and what to take as metaphor?

Shave your legs NO! Lol Lol

I am not sayin we should put witches to death I am posting what Gods Word says in the Old Testament ... according to the references...

For the Lord by His Word it obviously was a strong issue...

The "New Covenant" in which Christians now live, does not say to kill witches... But still has references to them in the New Testament...Which I also posted...

We take literally what Christ said since we are in the New Covenant... The 4 Gospels :)

Note: Some writings of Paul who wrote most of the New Testament I don't think would apply to us since we are not Jews living in their culture... example the head covering which in our culture means nothing to us today...

We are lead today by the Holy Spirit within the culture we live in... For example: women shave their legs and it means nothing to us... However in some cultures of the world a woman who shaves her legs denotes she is a prostitute...

So in that culture we would be lead by the Holy Spirit not to shave our legs, to live the Christian life among our peers

I hope I've helped:D

In understanding scripture we have to consider "WHO" "WHAT" "WHEN" "WHY" and "HOW" to clearly understand...:D

there are morals and laws which transcend culture. culture acceptance or perspective does not negate all laws nor render any portion of Scripture any less applicable to our lives today. :)

It seems rather curious that "kabala" is listed along with "games" like D&D.

Kabballah is not occult in the sense that one would classify something like fortune-telling or oui-ja boards.

I only mention it as it's on the list...I suggest a new thread on Kabballah if anyone wishes to discuss that, it's a whole topic all its own, and most people have no idea what it really is.

I dispute it belonging on the list at all in fact...unless you hang out with Madonna and her ilk..."The Kabballah Center" in the states is not Kabballah at all, more like Deepak Choprah with a few Hebrew concepts tossed in.

Unshaven legs may be fine in some cultures, but here...it's birth control.

...and I just have to restate how HAPPY I am that I was never burnt at the stake. That would have totally ruined any chance I had of ever getting my life right with God. Almost seems unfair to intentionally sentence someone to all eternity in Hell, doesn't it?

I mean, even if you don't believe that is what would happen, the people that burned witches most definitely DID believe that the witches would spend all eternity in Hell. How is that justified? Cutting a life short, and being directly responsible for casting their soul to Hell with no chance of redemption. How was this ever considered Christian behavior?

...and I just have to restate how HAPPY I am that I was never burnt at the stake. That would have totally ruined any chance I had of ever getting my life right with God. Almost seems unfair to intentionally sentence someone to all eternity in Hell, doesn't it?

I mean, even if you don't believe that is what would happen, the people that burned witches most definitely DID believe that the witches would spend all eternity in Hell. How is that justified? Cutting a life short, and being directly responsible for casting their soul to Hell with no chance of redemption. How was this ever considered Christian behavior?

"Unshaven legs may be fine in some cultures, but here...it's birth control."HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!I am curious too about Extra Sensory Perception~This one is not necessarily of satan unless a person uses it wrongly.I think some people are born with this.Also, Beloved, thank you.I realize you did not WRITE this paper but shared it with us~

Kabballah is not occult in the sense that one would classify something like fortune-telling or oui-ja boards.

I only mention it as it's on the list...I suggest a new thread on Kabballah if anyone wishes to discuss that, it's a whole topic all its own, and most people have no idea what it really is.

I dispute it belonging on the list at all in fact...unless you hang out with Madonna and her ilk..."The Kabballah Center" in the states is not Kabballah at all, more like Deepak Choprah with a few Hebrew concepts tossed in.
Good idea why not you make a thread on it... We can all learn something

Well it came to me that CHrist has the Keys to death, Hell and the grave...I think God is wise and transends time...I understand many women were killed as witches who were not...

God relys on His own Knowledge not on mans... :cool:

He is merciful and has given us His degreed time of our birth upon this earth...

He can see forward and knows what we will decide,as it says:

13 For You did form my inward parts; You did knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I will confess and praise You for You are fearful and wonderful and for the awful wonder of my birth! Wonderful are Your works, and that my inner self knows right well.
15 My frame was not hidden from You when I was being formed in secret [and] intricately and curiously wrought [as if embroidered with various colors] in the depths of the earth [a region of darkness and mystery]. 16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance, and in Your book all the days [of my life] were written before ever they took shape, when as yet there was none of them.

Jeremiah 1:5
“I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb.Before you were born I set you apart and appointed you as my prophet to the nations.”

"Unshaven legs may be fine in some cultures, but here...it's birth control."HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!I am curious too about Extra Sensory Perception~This one is not necessarily of satan unless a person uses it wrongly.I think some people are born with this.Also, Beloved, thank you.I realize you did not WRITE this paper but shared it with us~

I hope I can still shave my menapause mustache:p:smile_anim::D

I believe to many of Gods Gift to us satan has his conterfiet...
It boils down to

1st Do we have a personal relationlove with Christ, so that He knows us...

2nd Is someone with such a gift using it for their own gain somehow, or for Christ Kingdom...

That list is bunk. For sure. But Kaballah actually is, by definition, an occult system. Much like Alchemy, Freemasonry, Rosicrucian's etc.

I mean, seriously... I don't think Parker Brothers (Ouija boards) are holders of dark satanic knowledge. The terms Occult and Satanic are not the same.

better ask the dead Popes.

That list is bunk. For sure. But Kaballah actually is, by definition, an occult system. Much like Alchemy, Freemasonry, Rosicrucian's etc.

I mean, seriously... I don't think Parker Brothers (Ouija boards) are holders of dark satanic knowledge. The terms Occult and Satanic are not the same.

If you were to write your own list, what would it say ???

And no-one answered my question which was,

"Do you see the Father, Christ or the Holy Spirit involved in these things" on this list ???

And please offer Biblical verses so we can all learn...

To the Moderators

I see this thread is listed under Bible Study, I remember I posted it under General Discussions, unless my coffee hadn't taken effect yet...:D

If you were to write your own list, what would it say ???

And no-one answered my question which was,

"Do you see the Father, Christ or the Holy Spirit involved in these things" on this list ???

And please offer Biblical verses so we can all learn...
I'm not sure that I'd even write a list. As for your question, I don't see the father, Christ or the Holy Spirit in a lot of other things, but that doesn't make them dark. Take Snakes and Ladders for example. Or Trampolines, or a cold beer on a hot summer day...
My point remains that dabbling in stuff is OK, so long as it is not dangerous or obsessive.

Back