For those who were envoved in the Occult

Hello:israel:

Could you give us examples?:)please!

Soon hubby will be home, so I'm not ignoring any of you I will not have computer access until he is asleep:cool:

Hello:israel:

Could you give us examples?:)please!

Soon hubby will be home, so I'm not ignoring any of you I will not have computer access until he is asleep:cool:
Hi.
Well, for starters, some definitions:
Occult means "that which is hidden". The paper applies the term way too broadly. Occult practices are those in which a practitioner gains access to information or insight one step at a time. Think Freemasonry.
The only truly occult things I saw outlined were Kabala, magic and witchcraft. Most of the rest fell into the realm of the Esoteric (fortune telling, astrology, horoscopes, new age etc).
Good luck charms are merely superstition, drugs are simply chemicals (we all use them every day), and yoga is just a series of stretches that happen to come from India and are quite ancient (imagine finding a 3000 year old exercise video).

And Dungeons and Dragons is just a really entertaining game for nerds.

I think the broad application of the word is is appropriate here.

Hubbys not home yet so I took a peek...:p

My next thought on this is, as a Christian do you see Christ, the Father, or the Holy Spirit involved or approving of these things?

Esoteric (fortune telling, astrology, horoscopes, new age etc).
Good luck charms are merely superstition, drugs are simply chemicals (we all use them every day), and yoga is just a series of stretches that happen to come from India and are quite ancient (imagine finding a 3000 year old exercise video).

And Dungeons and Dragons is just a really entertaining game for nerds.

Has anyone read the Bible references yet???

BTW thank You dashrendar88 for your opinion:D
Oh ! I don't know much about Yoga except my motherinlaw commented that when she tried it you were suppose to recite a word or sound in reference to the culture from whence it came... Maybe they don't do that anymore? She found it very disturbing...

I haven't read the Bible references yet, but I agree that not everything on that list is occultic. Maybe the verses or the rest of the paper will provide some insight into how all of these things are that way.

Also I think that there can be a difference in how certain things are used, or rather the purpose they are being used for. Clearly Satan can take things which are intended for good and change them to be used for evil. A good example is music. So, purpose is a major determinant, I believe.

For example, the individual above mentioned that Yoga is just stretches. I think if Yoga is being used as a form of exercise, then there is no problem with it. I do Yoga. :p Something that could fall into this same type of category would be the martial arts that we have a thread on somewhere on this forum (although martial arts wasn't on the occult list that I noticed). I grew up in Asian and Pacific countries and my parents were devout Christians, extremely strict, and would never allow my brother to participate in martial arts or karate classes because of the eastern philosophical teachings that were a core part of sport and taught in the classes. If you notice on this forum there are plenty of people who will say that karate or martial arts as a form of exercise and self defense are perfectly acceptable. I suspect, but have no direct knowledge, that in America the eastern philosophy is probably somewhat divorced from the classes.

Anyhow, just giving an example and providing my two cents before I have read any of the scriptures or the rest of the paper. I look forward to seeing more. I think all of these things are good to discuss. It would be interesting to have discussions about some of these grey areas and find out how various people of different denominational teachings view things of this nature. :) Thanks for posting what you have so far scanned.

I believe that the intention was to simply cause the reader to consider his or her past ans come into a place of repentance for anything connected to darkness in any way. If that is the case a broad application would certainly accomplish this. The point is not the definition but the freedom.

BTW thank You dashrendar88 for your opinion:D
Oh ! I don't know much about Yoga except my motherinlaw commented that when she tried it you were suppose to recite a word or sound in reference to the culture from whence it came... Maybe they don't do that anymore? She found it very disturbing...
I think the word or sound you are referring to is the "OM". Its basic function is to calm the body during meditation or yoga. It isn't an incantation. Really, the sound could be anything you want as long as it relaxes the person saying it. I think it's just an easy sound that resonates well when a lot of people say it at the same time. BTW, I don't practice yoga or meditation.

I believe that the intention was to simply cause the reader to consider his or her past ans come into a place of repentance for anything connected to darkness in any way. If that is the case a broad application would certainly accomplish this. The point is not the definition but the freedom.
In that case I would make the suggestion that not all of the things listed are "connected to darkness" as you put it. Most are frauds, some are dangerous to weak minds and others are actually beneficial and/or fun and do not take away from christianity.

Not wanting to play the Devil's Advocate here, I am reading these post and have to ask myself a question. Is there a fear of the word occult in general? I ask this because, if I remember correctly, the "FISH" was a symbol for the occult known as Christianity.

I don't know why this question came to mind other than I am a member of the occult known as Christianity.:confused:

Not wanting to play the Devil's Advocate here, I am reading these post and have to ask myself a question. Is there a fear of the word occult in general? I ask this because, if I remember correctly, the "FISH" was a symbol for the occult known as Christianity.

I don't know why this question came to mind other than I am a member of the occult known as Christianity.:confused:

A very good point. I think that the makers of the pamphlet are simply fear-mongering because they are insecure. Perhaps their church has seen dwindling numbers?

I bet that's exactly how the Romans felt about early Christianity.

Yet the romans felt that way out of ingnorance of just who Jesus was. Christianity was once considered a cult by pagans but we as Chrstians know better. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life and no man comes to the Father but by Him. All other " religions" lead to eternal damnation.
Then there is the great commision, on the day of His assecion Jesus left his followers with this command:
Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Surely our Lord wants us to spread the good news of salvation.

I checked a few of those. but where is the second half?
:)
This 1 paper was the only one I was given, so far as I understand it II is the solution as I mentioned in an earlier Post >

The second part "The Door must be closed by You" through Faith and Positive action,............

I would think means as the Holy Spirit leads you to be convicted, repentence, close up any activities you are now or have done after your Salvation... The Truth Will set all of us free... AN if you cannot see the Father, Christ, or the Holy Spirit involved or approving then consider...

Here are the Biblical references in King James... to save yall some time:

Exodus 22:18 (King James Version)

18Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

Remember folks this was a different time and for a different people...

by the way I did a search on Feedom from Bondages and the Occult and there is help out there for further study for those who need more...:groupray:

Acts 8:9-13 (King James Version)

9But there was a certain man, called Simon, which beforetime in the same city used sorcery, and bewitched the people of Samaria, giving out that himself was some great one:

10To whom they all gave heed, from the least to the greatest, saying, This man is the great power of God.
11And to him they had regard, because that of long time he had bewitched them with sorceries.
12But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women. 13Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done.

Acts 16:16-18 (King James Version)

16And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:
17The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation. 18And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

:groupray::shepherd:

Acts 19:19 (King James Version)

19Many of them also which used curious arts brought their books together, and burned them before all men: and they counted the price of them, and found it fifty thousand pieces of silver.

Just wondering, if in our modern day this would possible refer to Harry Potter...:groupray::shepherd: ?

I don't consider having done that stuff in the past as having an impact on me now. :)

You may be right Slave in reference to yourself, but I am hoping that some will be cleansed if they are now being affected in some way as in the ll part...

See I know people,

Who have inability to read and study the Bible
Uncontrollable evil thoughts ( me years ago )
Blasphemous thoughts about God, Christ or the Holy Spirit ( me years ago )
Excessive self pity
Overwhelming and continuing fear
Uncontrollable emotions
Resistance to spiritual things (one of my friends in Church)
Religious delusions
Depression
Compulsive thoughts of suicide:groupray::shepherd:

Back